Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

Wow this picture beats all the scary ghostly stories here. You're No.1

No, I guess the neon pants plus that tummy is the No 1 scariest of all.

Believe me, I see dead spirits since I was 5.

Many times, many of us cannot see but can feel their presence.

12 years ago, I check in a budgeted hotel at Balestier with my bf, everytime we meet up. All along, its fine. But this time, I feel strange when inside the room. I could feel someone is there too.

We took a quick shower. Soon, we are on the bed. Within a min, I ask my bf, u wanna to go? To my surprise, he is ok about it, without making a fuss. We change and leave. The moment we step out of the hotel, he says,"I can feel it too!''  

2 years ago, my friend (housing agent) ask me to simple renovate and clean up the house. The owner has just died and the son (whom the father dumped at orphanage when the son is 5 yrs old) wanna to sell it at any price ASAP. The place feels cold (within the 7 days period). I didn't care much as my friend knows all these (ghostly thing and how to handle it). within 2 days, the place is cleaned and washed, empty without a single item. However, the owner has plastered a lump of cement unto the wall bcas its leaking water from above. Its as big as 40cm by 60cm and 10cm thick.

So one evening, about 5 plus, we bring a hammer and start knocking off the cement on the wall. I stood there and watch.....

Then I could feel someone standing beside me. Its like there is an image beside me. I turn to my right. There is nothing. The whole bloody place is CLEARED. its not the wall sticking out or anything. I was thinking, it could be the trick of my eye. I turn and look at my friend again.

Within few seconds, I could feel it again. My left side is nothing, but my right side got something. Again I turn my head, I see nothing.

Within few mins, my friend shouted at me. "what time already''

"'5.45, I replied.

''Ok, lets go. ''

I quickly wait outside the house. Then we quickly walk away. walk towards carpark. I dare not say anything (yet)

''I saw the uncle standing beside u''

As usual, I will start to ask him - what he wear, what he do, etc....

After the 7th day, I went back the house again. its not cold anymore

bad grammar is quite scary and contagious, too.

No, I guess the neon pants plus that tummy is the No 1 scariest of all.

Believe me, I see dead spirits since I was 5.

That's the lower part of the picture which wasn't captured by the camera.

Put both together and we have a more complete picture of benepig,

People, if you want to cruise in the dark, please armed with TOUCHLIGHT. Like what army said, never leave your wife (rifle) behind. As in this case, touch is your wife or good buddy. You never know when you need it. Especially when someone shouted and you do not know who or what it was. Best grab a touch that is bright and shine the power on it, over it, around it or under it whichever you like. However, don't do that when you saw someone making love or hanky panky inside the bush. Use your light at discretion. You might want to carry a mosquito coil too, I think those army shops in beach road sell quite a lot of "outdoor adventure" items which can be explored.

TORCH. TORCH! What's wrong with you man?

U and R aren't even near each other on the keyboard.

We Sinkies should stop saying we're bilingual with native-level language command when our English is really abysmal and we can't speak Chinese without switching out all the business terms or harder words with our broken English or worse, Singlish.

Then again, just what are we good at other than mediocrity.

Rant done. Don't get me wrong, I'm really more disappointed than plain malicious.

Went to last time Blue Haven. At the steam room there were curtains hanging. Among the steam and curtain I seem to felt someone over the other side. Went over, lifted the curtain, there were no one. yet it felt like someone was standing at the opp side. A fren of mine went to the dark room, standing near the opening. he felt someone standing next to him in the dark. He moved his hands towards him wanted to touch him. Nobody was there.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Normally, they are there everyday. They think as 7th month as an excuse to encounter with people. 
They normally wears clothes and looks like normal person.
they won't do anything unless u do something to them.
Believe me or not is not my problem. Just telling things i know.

-Just someone who can see and feel ghost sometimes.

• 4 months later...

When 

On 2011年5月30日 at 10:33 PM, Guest om .... said:

My job requires me to travel from time to time. Some five-star hotels have special butler services and they will move things around or like what was mentioned by some in here - create noise for attention. The worst one - "he" stood in front of my bed. So, I am always prepared with many many talismans from many many temples and do the rituals when first entering the room.

I also travel from time to time to work in buses and trains and taxis , I think the ghosts must have travelled on planes much these days . Next time if your flight is not full always occupy the seats by playing musical chairs , if the service crew asked how so you keep moving , just tell them seats need to be occupied by human beings otherwise ghosts will be occupying and travelling with you , if only one empty seat left in business class or first class , tell them to upgrade you so the ghost cannot follow you to your hotel room . Didn't those masters tell you all not to burn paper planes and buildings and cars  , see what happens now ? Watch out next for your phone ringing and messages disappearing , nowadays my friends says sometimes  previous posting by others on facebook are missing and then back on again , I suspect interference from those ghosts, they have phone to use . Bloody hell !

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

I think that the best way of not being afraid of the supernatural is not to believe in the supernatural.

Don't believe a word of all that hearsay by others.

Darkness does not exist.  It is simply the absence of light.

agreed to a certain extent. There are many conmen these days using fake spiritual knowledge to trick you into having sex as well as your money.

Why need to believe these so called masters when what they said are not substantial?

I don't believe in ghosts personally, 

as for your fear, i reckon that it is only temporary. When I was like 13 and younger I used to be afraid of dark areas and places I could not see like underneath my bed or dark corridors, I pretty much got over that fear by realizing the fact that it is just air. 

I also do feel that the reason why the concept of ghosts and scary supernatural stuffs are that imaginable by us is that they are portrayed in the media way too often, so whenever we are placed in a situation that is creepy or spooky, our minds will try to make sense of the situation and then scare ourselves by telling us that a ghost is present.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

Perhaps, this is not related to the topic but I wonder ..

.. to those that feel supernatural things are just mumbo jumbo, do you believe in Spiritual Realm?  Do you believe in the spirits of the dead that include (with respect) your late father/mother or late brother/sister, etc?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Guest Teatree
17 minutes ago, IkuTube said:

Perhaps, this is not related to the topic but I wonder ..

.. to those that feel supernatural things are just mumbo jumbo, do you believe in Spiritual Realm?  Do you believe in the spirits of the dead that include (with respect) your late father/mother or late brother/sister, etc?

For me, I think spiritual is different from supernatural. As a Buddhist, I believe there are different realms of existence. The consciousness of the dead (or spirit as most of us called them) still roam around for a period of time and their present can be felt by some people especially those who are close to them. Supernatural is people who claim they have the power to see, talk and tell the spirits to do this or not to do that, to tell the future or 4D numbers, to do well in exams or bring a dying person back to life etc.

13 hours ago, Guest Teatree said:

For me, I think spiritual is different from supernatural. As a Buddhist, I believe there are different realms of existence. The consciousness of the dead (or spirit as most of us called them) still roam around for a period of time and their present can be felt by some people especially those who are close to them. Supernatural is people who claim they have the power to see, talk and tell the spirits to do this or not to do that, to tell the future or 4D numbers, to do well in exams or bring a dying person back to life etc.

This makes sense.  It could be that the spiritual aspect of Buddhism like the transitions to other lives and the karma that plays a role in this reincarnation are in reality natural processes of physics and biology that we have not discovered at this time,  laws of nature that are impersonal, consistent, permanent.

In contrast, the "super-natural" is not bound by any laws of nature, it is free to be... whatever we want it to be, a pure speculation where the sky is the limit (not anymore). This is why we have so many different religions, with different stories, different dogmas, all the products of fantasies.

Even if we fear the same thing, the cause of it may differ. To say that disbelief is the best way to curb with the fear of the supernatural... I would say that only applies to those who fear based on hearsay. What of those who experienced it first-hand?

IMO, the "best" way out of this is to believe in something else. Be it rationalising your fear through Science, or believing in an entity that is greater than it which offers you protection. Heck, I used to think about all those things underneath my bed (I still do) when I'm trying to get to sleep but all I need is my holy armour: a blanket, and I'd fall asleep like a baby.

Our minds are powerful, so much so that all we have to do is to believe. I don't think this works for the fear of bad grades though. :lol:

No need to fear the supernatural. After so many centuries, they would have destroyed the human race and dominated our world long ago if they were all evil and powerful. We are still doing fine or even better without believing in the supernatural, so they can be disregarded as non-existent like UFOs. Or are the supernatural really waiting for some planetary alignment for the inter-dimensional doorway to open for invasion like some movie plot?

Edited by xboyhunk

32 minutes ago, xboyhunk said:

No need to fear the the supernatural. After so many centuries, they would have destroyed the human race and dominated our world long ago if they were all evil and powerful. We are still doing fine or even better without believing in the supernatural, so they can be disregarded as non-existent like UFOs. Or are the supernatural are really waiting for some planetary alignment for the inter-dimensional doorway to be opened for invasion like some movie plot?

LOL!  I like your logic.  If the 'supernatural' were so powerful we would all be gone by now!

And where is this 'supernatural' hiding? And WHY is it hiding?  We are seven BILLION humans alive today.  If only ONE in a THOUSAND of us would have ONE supernatural experience every year,  this would come up to SEVEN MILLION supernatural experiences a year.  Would we not hear from these all the time?  But we don't.  And we have not heard about UFO sightings either since earlier last century, 

3 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  I like your logic.  If the 'supernatural' were so powerful we would all be gone by now!

And where is this 'supernatural' hiding? And WHY is it hiding?  We are seven BILLION humans alive today.  If only ONE in a THOUSAND of us would have ONE supernatural experience every year,  this would come up to SEVEN MILLION supernatural experiences a year.  Would we not hear from these all the time?  But we don't.  And we have not heard about UFO sightings either since earlier last century, 

Having said that, the supernatural and UFOs may still be real as they have been co-existing with us peacefully without needing our attention. So still nothing to fear in conclusion as they come in peace.

On 1/12/2016 at 10:39 AM, 仙人掌 said:

老师刚写了有关Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum灵异小故事。

有兴趣阅读者,可以跟老师拿facebook post link. 

A good-for-nothing learned that if you spit on ghosts, the ghost would turn into a goat.  He actually hanged out in the cemetery to find some goat to sell in the market.  Finally, he came upon some resemblance of ghosts in the shape of "fires".  And the 'fires" ran for their death.

-Notes from the Cottage of Reading the Minutes by Ji Xiao Lang.

After the Manchurian Conquest, Huang Zong Xi and Wife moved to a cemetery.  The couplet on their door front read "Too Clever the Wife, Too Weird the Husband" vs. " So Scarse the Human Beings, So Plenty the Ghosts."

"People say ghosts wear the same cloth they wore when they were alive.  If people die and turn into ghosts, does cloth die too and turn into ghosts' cloth?"

-Ruan Ji, A New Accounts of Tales of the World.    

Edited by wilfgene

13 hours ago, xboyhunk said:

Having said that, the supernatural and UFOs may still be real as they have been co-existing with us peacefully without needing our attention. So still nothing to fear in conclusion as they come in peace.

Yes, they should be very peaceful, like the Christian supernatural beings.  But for some reason, some of them like the Catholic ones have something against gays.

3 hours ago, wilfgene said:

A good-for-nothing learned that if you spit on ghosts, the ghost would turn into a goat.  He actually stayed put in the cemetery for extra cash in the market.  Finally, he came upon some resemblance of ghosts in the shape of "fire".  And the 'fire" ran for their death.

-Notes from the Cottage of Reading the Minutes by Ji Xiao Lang.

After the Manchurian Conquest, Huang Zong Xi and Wife moved to a cemetery.  The couplet on their front door read "Too Clever the Wife, Too Weird the Husband" vs. " How Ever Scarce the Human Beings, How Ever Plenty the Ghosts."    

Hahaha, 鬼迷心窍.

When someone think of making money dishonestly, they sure think of ghosts.

17 hours ago, xboyhunk said:

No need to fear the supernatural. After so many centuries, they would have destroyed the human race and dominated our world long ago if they were all evil and powerful. We are still doing fine or even better without believing in the supernatural, so they can be disregarded as non-existent like UFOs. Or are the supernatural really waiting for some planetary alignment for the inter-dimensional doorway to open for invasion like some movie plot?

Based on the same logic, after so many centuries, human  should have destroyed the planet since we are all evil and powerful. But we didn't. Does that mean humans can be disregarded as non-existent like UFOs?

4 hours ago, Guest said:

Based on the same logic, after so many centuries, human  should have destroyed the planet since we are all evil and powerful. But we didn't. Does that mean humans can be disregarded as non-existent like UFOs?

We humans didn't destroy the planet in the past because we didn't have the means to do so.

But modern technology is changing this.

as long as u dont do anything wrong, u dont need to fear anything.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

11 hours ago, Guest said:

Let humans continue with what they are doing now and life on the planet will be gone with global warming. Without humans, Earth will recover on its own.

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

We humans didn't destroy the planet in the past because we didn't have the means to do so.

But modern technology is changing this.

Ya , the last time one need only to answer a call , questions answered and hang up the phone , not many need to fax  materials as most home do not get fax machine and in office , most do  not want personal things to be disclosed by fax as some staff might pick it up but now the client will ask to scan , email after answering them ,  a waste of electricity ! And modern technology has actually increased workload for some jobs ! 

The supernatural is exploited by Hollywood in the past and today to sell box office tickets.

How have knowing the supernatural improved your life and make you more happy and resilient in your everyday struggle to survive in this world.

I think a good analogy for the supernatural is that of a wild animal.

If you know of places where dangerous wild animals (supernatural beings) dwell, the best thing for you to do is to avoid those places. Most wild animals (supernatural beings) will not bother disturbing you unless you go out to disturb them. However, if once in a while, you get so unlucky that the unwanted wild animal (supernatural beings) keeps stalking you and disturbing you, you may want to look into what you have done to them that makes them so angry, and then to make amends by giving them some food or peace offerings in the hope that they understand it as an apology to appease them. If all else fails eg someone deliberately set those wild animals (supernatural beings) on you, then you just have to call in the relevant "authorities".

It is as simple as that.

Once I was sleeping in a hotel room. It was fine for the first 3 nights but on the last night, I heard a sound like someone tapping on the table which woke me up from my sleep. I prayed hard but still the "wild animal" refused to go away. Then I switched on the light and the tapping sound stopped.

Next morning, in the bright of day, the sound came back again. I turned my head and listened attentively.. That tapping sound was caused by the fridge. Heard no evil. Think no evil. See no evil.

2 hours ago, teatree said:

Once I was sleeping in a hotel room. It was fine for the first 3 nights but on the last night, I heard a sound like someone tapping on the table which woke me up from my sleep. I prayed hard but still the "wild animal" refused to go away. Then I switched on the light and the tapping sound stopped.

Next morning, in the bright of day, the sound came back again. I turned my head and listened attentively.. That tapping sound was caused by the fridge. Heard no evil. Think no evil. See no evil.

Hmmm..... did you go check what is in the fridge?

L7Y7itHhZdWiQ.gif

On 1/16/2016 at 6:05 PM, Guest said:

I think a good analogy for the supernatural is that of a wild animal.

If you know of places where dangerous wild animals (supernatural beings) dwell, the best thing for you to do is to avoid those places. Most wild animals (supernatural beings) will not bother disturbing you unless you go out to disturb them. However, if once in a while, you get so unlucky that the unwanted wild animal (supernatural beings) keeps stalking you and disturbing you, you may want to look into what you have done to them that makes them so angry, and then to make amends by giving them some food or peace offerings in the hope that they understand it as an apology to appease them. If all else fails eg someone deliberately set those wild animals (supernatural beings) on you, then you just have to call in the relevant "authorities".

It is as simple as that.

Think of the supernatural like some insects you see around the house. You have 3 choices:

1) Leave them alone and ignore them

2) Scream like a kid and run away from them

3) Kill all that you see with your bare hands or insecticide

If you don't watch horror movies, you will not be thinking about your fears and continue to live happy.

Did any supernatural force manifest when you are happily playing your online games for hours in a dark lonely room?

Much-hated politicians, bosses and leaders are still living well. Either supernatural forces have no power over you or this is not how they work.

It's all in your mind. Why give them any power at all by fearing them?

Understand their weaknesses and your own. It is as simple as that.

3 hours ago, teatree said:

So funny. One said "wild animals", one said "insects", They are "unseen beings" exist in another realm. It's only exists in your mind if you want them to.

If you want to refer them as wild animals, I rather you refer them as insects.

Yes, they are all in your mind so why imagine them as having any powers or strength?

Don't bother let them exist in our minds, we have other much better thoughts.

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.