Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

23 hours ago, Guest 大萍果 said:

I can't sleep. I can feel there is sudden coldness in the room. If i put blanket on,then it becomes too hot even with AC at 21 degrees. It seems that the temperature is extreme and the coldness that i feel moves from my toes to my shoulder. Am i being haunted? I've been experiencing for about a week now after i went to Johor.

Maybe your body too heaty, drink some herbal to cool down your system. Flu and cough season now, take care of your health 

3 hours ago, Guest ;-( said:

The gates of hell will open up soon. I'm scared

Hey man, although it's important to respect the dead, it's also important not to be unheathily fearful of them. 

If you're worried, or have had a bad experience during past lunar seventh months, I cannot recommend highly enough getting a Tiger Eye bracelet. You can try Stargems at Tiong Babru Plaza, or New Age FSG at Dhoby Ghaut MRT. Or Chinatown and Fu Lu Shou Complex.

If you don't like to wear bracelets, you can hang it round your neck as a pendant with a long cord so that it's inside your shirt. 

A lot of cultures, ancient and modern, East and West, swear by its power to protect the wearer from evil spirits, the Evil Eye, curses, black magic, etc.

Take care!

bead-tigereye-round.jpg

Guest Gabby

In November 2015, my friends and I went down to Penang for 4D3N trip. 5 of us booked our stay at XXX's Court near Gurney via Airbnb. One of the night, we decided to stay in after a long day trip at Georgetown. S, a female friend, was taking her shower in the master bedroom. I went to give her a knock to scare her while she was enjoying her shower. When she came out after her long shower, she told me that she had a cold shower. I then told her that the heater switch was on when I gave her a knock. Everyone went silent and was blaming that I was telling lies. 

On the same night, we were having our usual chats in the living room and were enjoying our UNO game. Then, X (another female friend) noticed that Fox Movies was going to show <The Conjuring> at 11pm and she was interested to watch. At 11pm, She and I stopped playing while the others continued with the game. I placed the remote control near to the TV. As soon as I sat down, the TV screen went all black. Everyone saw and looked at each other silently. 

"Woi C, dont play play ah. Switch it back on!" J said to me. 

"Not me. The control is over there", I replied while pointing towards to the TV. 

I then stood up, got the control and switched it back on. Usually, the TV would stay at the same channel when you switched it back on. When I got it switched on, it stay at Fox movies of course, but it was not showing <The Conjuring>. 

"Eh? How come not Conjuring one?" I asked.

"Woi ahhhh....don't play liao.", J said. 

"It...is...fox movies de...", X told J. 

Then, I changed the channel. I pressed 'P+' 2 times and 'P-' 2 times to get back on Fox Movies. This time round, The Conjuring was up. J then demanded the TV to be switched off and continue with UNO. So, I did as what he said. Next morning, S told us that she had a terrible nightmare but didn't further elaborate her dream. Both J and X, the couple who took the masterbedroom, also didn't had a good night sleep......

On 8 July 2016 at 4:40 PM, 仙人掌 said:

是的。正确。

其实,还有很多地方是不该去。包括食阁、小贩中心、咖啡店等等。若真的要吃,建议打包回公司/家吃。

Amoy Food Centres, Geylang, Liang Seah St, Newton Circle FC, Tiong Bahru Market, Tanjong Pagar FC, Old Airport FC, Nex Serangoon SC, Bedok/Tampines Mall & etc. 全部很吓人。食客根本不知道,有东西在陪他们一起吃。食客们都吃到津津有味。

两年前在十字路路口拍的(click here)。照片是看不清楚什么,有鬼眼当场看的话,就会毛骨悚然。

Are you serious about during seventh month cannot go foodcourt ?

and that picture seems normal to me :/ 

whats so shocking leh

Guest guest
8 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

if that is the case, the world will become a ghost town

stop being superstitious

but some of the video above are funny

@lovehandle a.k.a. @Since u r here

Aka @luvhandle

Still using different nicks to confuse others, acting like u r a smart ass hole!!! Time to get treated or take medicine!!!

Guest Money
19 hours ago, Guest CKW said:

Hey man, although it's important to respect the dead, it's also important not to be unheathily fearful of them. 

If you're worried, or have had a bad experience during past lunar seventh months, I cannot recommend highly enough getting a Tiger Eye bracelet. You can try Stargems at Tiong Babru Plaza, or New Age FSG at Dhoby Ghaut MRT. Or Chinatown and Fu Lu Shou Complex.

If you don't like to wear bracelets, you can hang it round your neck as a pendant with a long cord so that it's inside your shirt. 

A lot of cultures, ancient and modern, East and West, swear by its power to protect the wearer from evil spirits, the Evil Eye, curses, black magic, etc.

Take care!

bead-tigereye-round.jpg

Talk about ghosts, but everything is about $$$. 

1 hour ago, Guest Seko said:

Are you serious about during seventh month cannot go foodcourt ?

and that picture seems normal to me :/ 

whats so shocking leh

Seventh month must go straight home, sleep before 9 pm and cannot surf internet and BW.  Pray before you eat, shower and sleep. 

Guest Gandalf
3 hours ago, Guest Pray said:

Seventh month must go straight home, sleep before 9 pm and cannot surf internet and BW.  Pray before you eat, shower and sleep. 

Whole month, no sex, not even masturbation to maintain your Yang qi

4 hours ago, Guest Money said:

Talk about ghosts, but everything is about $$$. 

LOL

Very sorry if I made it seem like I was trying to sell something. That was not my intention. I was only trying to share what I have researched and found helpful for people who are worried about the seventh month.

I'm not a mineral seller, and I have no links to the shops mentioned (no sales commission whatsoever). 

In fact, I have ever given Tiger Eye free to people before, once even to a taxi driver.  :D:D:D

Guest Nguyen

I think the Hotel81 here in Geylang is haunted, at around past 3, i can hear the floor above, or maybe the bed like a squeeking sound. The wall sometimes i hear like someone is banging it. I always hear whispers. I thought singapore don't have ghosts as it is a progressive country

Guest Trung
6 hours ago, Guest Nguyen said:

I think the Hotel81 here in Geylang is haunted, at around past 3, i can hear the floor above, or maybe the bed like a squeeking sound. The wall sometimes i hear like someone is banging it. I always hear whispers. I thought singapore don't have ghosts as it is a progressive country

Occasionally, I too could hear girl crying ....... One day, one of the room day was ajar, I took a peep and saw someone naked doing exorcism to a naked women spreading her body on bed like the movie "Exorcist" I had watched in Vietnam when I was a boy. I was scared and decided to change hotel. 

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Guest Closet said:

http://cavinteo.blogspot.sg/2013/02/ten-taboos-to-note-when-staying-in.html

Can anyone here explain Taboo Number 7: Don't hang your cloths in the closet.  I was told that the closet door is where the others will hide inside as sunlight can never reach. 

Can try hanging your unwashed red underwear inside  the closet to counter the yin.

51 minutes ago, Guest 133 said:

Can try hanging your unwashed red underwear inside  the closet to counter the yin.

By doing so, "those" staying inside the closet will be dashing out because of the bar-woo from your unwashed underwear. More scary. 

On 30/07/2016 at 4:40 PM, Guest CKW said:

Take care!

You might as well find this magical stone called LekLai.

It is very expensive and very hard to find the genuine ones.

Mine an old 50cts coin size which has a Ganesha curved in the centre, cost me $250, and that is already very cheap

This is link describes its properties

http://www.lek-lai.com/about-lek-lai/

To extract LekLai, there are rituals to be done

It is used largely in Thai/Khmer white/black magic

Edited by TheVisitors

On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Guest CKW said:

LOL

Very sorry if I made it seem like I was trying to sell something. That was not my intention. I was only trying to share what I have researched and found helpful for people who are worried about the seventh month.

I'm not a mineral seller, and I have no links to the shops mentioned (no sales commission whatsoever). 

In fact, I have ever given Tiger Eye free to people before, once even to a taxi driver.  :D:D:D

Maybe u can give to the above poster who is so scared. Good karma

8 hours ago, FluteGuan said:

Maybe u can give to the above poster who is so scared. Good karma

Actually, I don't mind. But because I'm a guest, you can't contact me privately to send me your details.

You'll have to post your P.O. Box address here (for your safety and security, don't post your home address here openly) so that I can send it to you.

I know it sounds troublesome, so if you prefer to look around for it at the places I've mentioned, I bet you will be able to find one that you like at a good price.

It's a very masculine yet brilliant stone that guys can comfortably wear as a bracelet or pendant, unlike other crystals or minerals which may be more feminine-looking e.g. amethyst and rose quartz, which also protect against evil spirits.

If you don't wish to wear it, you can also buy the pebble version (like the one below) and keep one or more in your pocket. As long as it stays close to your body i.e. within your aura, its energy will protect you.

tigereyernd20x5-tigereye2b.jpg

Guest burst

I had once wore this type of bracelet before.  Once, it suddenly burst and all dropped to the floor the moment I entered into the sauna.  The sauna (now closed down) was at Ang Siang Hill.  

Guest 不祥之兆
32 minutes ago, Guest burst said:

I had once wore this type of bracelet before.  Once, it suddenly burst and all dropped to the floor the moment I entered into the sauna.  The sauna (now closed down) was at Ang Siang Hill.  

有 X !

1 hour ago, Guest burst said:

Oh man. A lot of people believe that when something like this happens, it means that your bracelet encountered a very strong evil energy (sha qi), and it (the bracelet) protected you by "sacrificing" itself and thus it got destroyed.

There are stories of people who had their jade pendant mysteriously broken into two when someone else tried to curse them, for example. In this instance, the jade absorbed the evil energy, allowing itself to be destroyed, to protect the owner.

Btw I hope you had a chance to get a new bracelet since that time.  :D

My personal experience is that when I wear my Tiger Eye, I feel safer and more protected, especially outdoors.

Previously, if I was on the bus, and it braked suddenly, I would hit against a grab bar and bruise my hand easily. But after wearing the Tiger Eye, I seem to be able to balance myself more quickly during sudden brakes.

And once when I did get thrown about during a bus's jam brake, I felt something slow my momentum so that I only gently hit the side of the bus against my back, rather than the front, which is what used to always happen before the Tiger Eye kept me safe.

On 02/08/2016 at 1:06 AM, Guest Nguyen said:

I thought singapore don't have ghosts as it is a progressive country

No lah; a technologically-advanced country can also have ghosts. :DWhether a location is haunted or not depends on the history of the land, and whether the dead in that area were properly mourned.

Also, it depends on whether the land itself is holy or cursed (or neutral).

In some parts of the U.S. where the American Civil War took place, houses built over those lands tend to be more haunted.

Also, after Sept 11, when they were building the Freedom Tower, people reported hearing a strange wailing noise every night. 

30 THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO DURING THE HUNGRY GHOST FESTIVAL

ghost-month-002.jpg
01. Hang out late
02. Spit in the street or tree
03. Stare at the candlelight or burning fire
04. Step On Or Kick offering items / joss sticks along the Roadside
05. Cover up your forehead at night; always pin or put up your hair as high as possible
06. Stare at “them” if you really saw one; look or walk away calmly
07. Make funny jokes or comments on any display altar / offering items along the street
08. Look underneath the altar table when there is a prayer session
09. Shift your eyeballs from left to right or right to left repeatedly if you sensed something; always look straight and walk toward your destination calmly
10. Sniff and follow any pleasant or sweet smell ahead of you
11. Sit on the first few Front Rows of any public Chinese Operas
12. Open your umbrella at night, especially red color type
13. Wear red color costume with high heels and walk alone at night
14. Pick up any unique items found on the street or road
15. Stand Under a Tree in the middle of the night
16. Wait at The Bus Stop after Mid-Night especially already passed the bus service operating hours 17. Whistle alone at night; you may found someone singing along with you
18. Hang your clothes out in the middle of the night
19. Walk in the dark and near the walls; something maybe visible at your side view
20. Answer or respond when someone calls you, especially from behind
21. Turn your head when someone pat on your shoulders in the middle of the street
22. Use any Dark or Black color manicure
23. Comb your hair in front of the mirror in the middle of the night
24. Shout or scream in the middle of the night, stay as quiet as possible if you felt sudden coldness 25. Get emotional and cry in the middle of the night
26. Leave your bleeding wounds in a open air; always cover up the area with plasters or other bandage materials
27. Be a curious person or hero, if you hear some "strange" sound or noise, especially soft crying tone; always act blur.
28. Swim in the pool or lake in the middle of the night; something maybe waiting to pull your legs 29. Play at the playground in the middle of the night; especially the swings
30. Take up the challenge to enter cemetery area or abandoned houses

Recently read an article that lunar 7th month isn't ghost month, it's a lie by Ming dynasty emperor Zhu Yuanzhang.....it's a lucky month which he wanted to monopolize for his own prayer and burial practices. Before his period, hardly any record of this month being ghost month in history.

http://photo.chinatimes.com/20160803002840-260812

Someone posted about 30 taboos...here's a page on general info...also got 30 taboos....a few new ones....eg taking photos at night....and if birthday, avoid celebrate late night.

http://www.baike.com/wiki/七月十五

Anyway, on National day, it's also lunar 7th day of 7th month....Qixi Jie  七夕節 or Qiqiao Jie 七巧节. More of females praying for love and marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qixi_Festival

Guest 7th month
6 hours ago, nixorn said:

Recently read an article that lunar 7th month isn't ghost month, it's a lie by Ming dynasty emperor Zhu Yuanzhang.....it's a lucky month which he wanted to monopolize for his own prayer and burial practices. Before his period, hardly any record of this month being ghost month in history.

Someone posted about 30 taboos...here's a page on general info...also got 30 taboos....a few new ones....eg taking photos at night....and if birthday, avoid celebrate late night.

http://www.baike.com/wiki/七月十五

Anyway, on National day, it's also lunar 7th day of 7th month....Qixi Jie  七夕節 or Qiqiao Jie 七巧节. More of females praying for love and marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qixi_Festival

Yes, not at all.  Buddhism never mentioned such thing as ghost month or hell gate opens.  Those who believe in it never follow or understand Buddha's teaching.  Anyway, most of them who believe were born in the Baby Boomer generation influenced by their parents and grandparents. 

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, nixorn said:

I am one who believes in such things, having encountered such matters myself personally during my army days, and not just once too. Sometimes, I think the spirits are around us all the time. However, their activity during this period peaks simply because we, as human beings, have made it that way with all our celebration etc. Take for instance, isn't love around us all the time? But yet, it seems like Christmas season seems to be the time when romance is densest in the air, to the extent that the peak season where children get born is in October. So who made it that way? Answer: human beings because we started the celebration of Christmas ourselves. Sometimes, in folklore, this is what you call the power of "Belief".

1 hour ago, Guest 7th month said:

Yes, not at all.  Buddhism never mentioned such thing as ghost month or hell gate opens.  Those who believe in it never follow or understand Buddha's teaching.  Anyway, most of them who believe were born in the Baby Boomer generation influenced by their parents and grandparents. 

I am a believer of Buddhism as well. But just because Buddhism did not tell us that a ghost month exist, does not mean that it do not exist. In case you have also forgotten, Buddhism did tell us about the existence of hell. In fact, Kṣitigarbha Bodhisattva 地藏菩萨 vowed that "直至众生度尽,方证菩提,地狱末空,誓不成佛。" While it's good to have a healthy scepticism about everything, it's wise to acknowledge that there are still many things that science and many other teachings have yet to reach out to. There's no body of knowledge that will be able to impart every piece of knowledge to you.

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.