Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

I had similar experience in my Asia hotel experience in BKK. The feeling of the mattress pressing down is very real. You probably bought a flat that someone died inside and still feel that they own the flat and believe that you are intruding in their space. If you are sleeping on a double or queen size bed, this event will keep happening because maybe they want to share with you as well after a while. I know that some people kill themselves in the apartment and this kind of spirits would be harder to deal with than those who died a natural death. You need a spiritual person who can communicate with spirits to let them know that they are already dead and to ask them to move on. Or else, just be prepared to share your space with them...

Serve my fellow bottom men well !

Guest Scared!

the point to note is that, while u walk on the bed, u would hear those sound the bed would make, and also the other thing is when u walk on the bed, the part that u placed ur leg on, the bed would sink a little.

Your incident reminds me that my super single bed sometime sank behind me when I tilted facing the other side of the bed. I do not know what it was. Probably a pressure created by me when I rolled around. Whatever it was, I really could not be bothered or was mere lazy because I was rather sleepy. Looking back at what you said, it now freaked me...hahaha.

Having said that, I am now alone in the office and the aircons freaked me too and I do not know where other noises came from. I could hear wood breaking on the artificial ceiling, whirling sound from the aircon and...small little queaky sound here and there like baby wheel moving...gosh!!! office can be quite scary when no one is around and it will get dark soon. I better run!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe someone has a sex encounter with a ghost in the dark room or outside in the wild? should share with us.....hehehe

I did, at TENmen. I was in the darkroom and I was touched by a zombie (both hands up like a Giang Si).

Guest singaporegay93

Like our real world, the spirit world also has gays who died and are either not aware that they have already passed on or do realised, but too attached to gay sex pleasures that their spirits still "hang out" or seek to "live" at their favourite places when they were still alive. Public places that concentrate emotional intensities like hospitals (birth, sufferings and death), cemeteries (grieving), churches, mosques, temples (spiritual feelings), prostitutes places and hotels rooms (sex), etc., all are places of gathering and settlements for worldly spirits that are overly attached to these emotions and feelings.

My point is, no need to wait for 7th month, they are around us everywhere, all the time. My personal experience was when I was in Babylon Bangkok many years ago. I rented a room in the Babylon Barracks next to the sauna. I lived next door to a Chiangmai local guy who committed suicide next to my room when I was out shopping one day. For the next 2 days, I slept next door to a rotting corpse until the stench was so over powering that I alerted the chambermaids. They did nothing except spray some deodoriser in the air. That morning before the roting body was discovered, I had a dream that I woke up in my bedroom and i saw this local guy sitting across my bed looking at me sleep. I was perplexed because I did not invite anyone into my room and when I realised that he could be a thief, I woke up in a jerk and realised that there was no one in my room at all. That afternoon, the police came to removed the body. When i was back in singapore, i was sick for 2 weeks. My mum told me that I saw the spirit because it wanted to thank me for alerting the staffs to find his body. Untill today, I never dare sleep in hotel rooms alone ever! :thumb:

yes, what you said in the first line of the second paragraph is very true. some of them pass on without even knowing that they've died at all. like for example, if they have died in a nasty death like a car accident, they may not even realise they are dead yet and they loiter around on Earth. if they are not able to cross over to the light in 49 days, they will be earth-bounded.

• 1 month later...

A professor at Clemson was giving a lecture on the supernatural. To get a feel for his audience, he asks, 'How many people here believe in ghosts?'

About 90 students raise their hands. 'Well, that's a good start. Out of those who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you have seen a ghost?'

About 40 students raise their hands. That's really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?' About 15 students raise their hand. 'Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?'

Three students raise their hands. 'That's fantastic. Now let me ask you one question further....Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?'

Way in the back, Bubba raises his hand. The professor takes off his glasses, and says 'Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have made love to a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience.'

The big redneck student replied with a nod and a grin, and began to make his way up to the podium. When he reached the front of the room, the professor asks, 'So, Bubba, tell us what it's like to have sex with a ghost?'

Bubba replied, " Damn, from way back there I thought you said goats." :lol:

• 4 months later...
Guest kimoji

decided to post my encounter here. i last visited the fort road area about 1 year and had never returned to this place after that. it was a Tuesday nite after my company outing at the east coast seafood centre. out of boredom, i walked down to fort road area and went straight to under the flyover to try my luck. once entered, my eyes took sometime to adjust to the darkness. maybe it was a Tuesday nite, there was not many people ~ maybe 3 to 4 by looking at the silhouette moving around in the open area. feeling uneventful, i walked into the ducts i.e. the deep end where the flyover joined with the road. In one of the duct, I "see"? or "sense"? a shadow standing at the far end corner and making some low soft moans. When I moved near, there was nobody ! To check, I even confirm under my weak handphone light. I quickly rushed out of the duct as fast as my legs could carry me.

You guys really wanna see spirits?

Its really easy.

Late at night eg on your way back home, or walking alone in a park, garden etc.. just rattle your keychain or a bell, or any metallic objects that sounds like wind chimes.

Very soon you will feel a chill sensation coming from your back. Or even a gust of light breeze.

They are just behind you.

If you are even more adventerous,stand still with your legs wide apart, bend down over and look through between your legs.

You will see them even more clearer.

Its advised that you try, not to hang wind chimes in your house esp near the windows.

Strangely, spirits are drawn towards wooden knockings and especially metallic vibrations.

In paranormal, its called the Ying vibration energy with is in line with theirs.

It is through this sound medium, they try to communicate with the living.

PS the tibetan singing bowl is of a different vibration mode

I have many real encounter stories but this one is at Asia Hotel in BKK, again. My ex and I went to bkk for a 2days 3nights getaway and we opted for this hotel cos its cheap and close to mrt station and many singaporeans and malaysians like to stay there. we were given this corner room at the end of the corridor. when we entered the room, we did not feel anything at all. we even have sex in the room that afternoon. the next morning i was lying in bed facing my ex bf with my back facing the window. the curtains were drawn and it was daybreak. my eyes were already opened looking at my ex still sleeping.

suddenly, i felt the portion of the mattress behind me sank in. it was so obvious because i could feel my back san in a little with the mattress as if someone just sat behind me and put a hand on my arm. i was so frightened and i remembered that i started to chant a buddhlst chant and then i gathered my courage and turn around violently to face my fear. i did not see anything but i knew that was for real.

for all who encounter unfriendly spirits, i recommend you memorise some prayers or chants because such spirits get annoyed when human beings start to focus their minds on something powerful. apparently, our bodies throw off sparks of white light when we chant or pray and this should annoy the hell out of them! :thumb:

Oh, I've heard one too many stories about people living in the hotel room at the end of the corridor seeing things that they shouldn't see. I think it was around 4 years back when I went to Hainan, China. We checked into this shabby hotel tucked in some street away from the busy roads. We went out shopping the whole day so we only really settled into our rooms when darkness fell.

My two other friends got the room at the smack end of the corridor while my friend and I got the one next to them (second last room). My friend and I entered our room first and turned on all the lights, but shortly after that we heard our two other friends running into our room with panic-striken faces. They say when they opened the door, something in the hotel room (like a gust of wind or something) ran/rushed out of the door and knocked one of them over, as well as a standing luggage bag. For the rest of the night they slept with us and refused to return to the room.

Then in the middle of the night when my friend (the one who was supposed to share the room with me), he woke us up and told us that one of the ceiling board has be nudged open. Being a very scaredy cat myself I know that the ceiling board wasn't nudged open when we checked in because I'd check for every single crack in the room (I'm kinda afraid of ghosts, sorry)

That really unnerved us. Instead of having just that two guys sleepless for the entire night, now all four of us ended up not sleeping at all because we were so scared. We turned all the lights on and talked very loudly. We all held our pee way into the next morning and used another friend's bathroom next door (third room from the last) - we travelled in groups of 20+ so we literally booked the whole floor la.

I couldn't remember the floor number but I clearly recall it isn't 4 or 13 :P

If the world don't suck we'd all fall off.

I travel frequently to oversea. Usually I carry a small Holy Bible along. Whenever, I feel "uneasy" I will put the Holy Bible next to my bed in the hotel room.

When I have bad dreams about ghosts, I will speak out the "Lord prayer" in my mind several times till that bad dreams gone. I find this very useful. I believe the prayer helps me to focus, gain spiritual strength, get fearless and scare away the "dirty things".

I remember a time on the way to Changi Airport, a taxi uncle told me another way to deal with those dirty things. He told me to shake the keys or key chain vigorously whenever you feel "something" in the hotel room, bath room or in the lift. The sound of metals hitting will scare away the "dirty things".

Just wanna to share some of my scare away "dirty things" methods :lol:

Guest allanwu

crap.... i always like to swing my key-chains and keys wildly on my way home

but i never did felt that cold presence or that cold breeze mentioned

perhaps i was oblivious to it

wait

post number 42 and 40 contradict each other

:unsure:

Edited by allanwu

Guest ridicule

/

/

I remember a time on the way to Changi Airport, a taxi uncle told me another way to deal with those dirty things. He told me to shake the keys or key chain vigorously whenever you feel "something" in the hotel room, bath room or in the lift. The sound of metals hitting will scare away the "dirty things".

Just wanna to share some of my scare away "dirty things" methods :lol:

I had my share of taxi uncle dispensing advice on anything under the sun, they seem to have the most incredible solution for the simplest life's problems,

eg.

if you are scared of catching H1N1 ( at the height of the H1N1 scare a few moths back ) taxi uncle said to me is to eat more chillies and belacan, no prize for guessing the ethnic group of the taxi driver.

if you wanna have bare back sex with prostitute go for older ones because they "are not so popular therefore less customer base therefore less chances of being infected by the 4D ticket holder"

if you wanna drive away bad luck , wear red underwear and poke a " virgin " teen prostitute on the island of Batam or Bintan...

etc etc etc...

wow... reading all these in the office is damn shiok!!! heehee... cos i have so many people around me and wun feel scared.

i have some encounters myself but they are either at home, my bf's or in tekong when i was idling there for almost 2 yrs.

here is one not sure scary encounter that i experienced many yrs ago when i was in japan.

after i reached my room, i decided to get changed so that i could catch a free shutter service to the near by train station. i spent about a few hours at the nearby area, doing my dinner and shopping for snacks to bring back home the next day, and headed back to the hotel. it was relatively early when i return to my room. i din watch any tv programmes cos most of them televised were in japanese... and so i decided to turn in early that nite -- around 10pm. when i switched off the lights, it was in total darkness, i even stick out my hand to check how dark it was -- i cant see my fingers at all.

for a moment, i heard someone knocking at my door, thinking it might be my colleague, i dragged my feet to the door and opened it without checking out who it was... looking out i saw no one. thinking that i might be mistaken and i dived back into my bed again. the knocking returned. this time, i decided to peep first before opening. on my way to the door, i told myself that it might be a prank, and true enough, no one was outside and i walked back to my bed. this time, the knocking grew a little louder, i began to suspect that "someone" was trying to get my attention. i chose to ignore it and i slept through the nite.

why i chose to ignore cos i believed that as long as "it" did not harm me, i shan't do anything to "it"... but if i was physically threatened, i would retaliate with my belief (at that time, i was a fervent believer of my religion)

wow... reading all these in the office is damn shiok!!! heehee... cos i have so many people around me and wun feel scared.

i have some encounters myself but they are either at home, my bf's or in tekong when i was idling there for almost 2 yrs.

here is one not sure scary encounter that i experienced many yrs ago when i was in japan.

after i reached my room, i decided to get changed so that i could catch a free shutter service to the near by train station. i spent about a few hours at the nearby area, doing my dinner and shopping for snacks to bring back home the next day, and headed back to the hotel. it was relatively early when i return to my room. i din watch any tv programmes cos most of them televised were in japanese... and so i decided to turn in early that nite -- around 10pm. when i switched off the lights, it was in total darkness, i even stick out my hand to check how dark it was -- i cant see my fingers at all.

for a moment, i heard someone knocking at my door, thinking it might be my colleague, i dragged my feet to the door and opened it without checking out who it was... looking out i saw no one. thinking that i might be mistaken and i dived back into my bed again. the knocking returned. this time, i decided to peep first before opening. on my way to the door, i told myself that it might be a prank, and true enough, no one was outside and i walked back to my bed. this time, the knocking grew a little louder, i began to suspect that "someone" was trying to get my attention. i chose to ignore it and i slept through the nite.

why i chose to ignore cos i believed that as long as "it" did not harm me, i shan't do anything to "it"... but if i was physically threatened, i would retaliate with my belief (at that time, i was a fervent believer of my religion)

Hilton in Shinjuku? Are you a Singapore Girl then flying with SQ? :lol::lol:

Hilton in Shinjuku? Are you a Singapore Girl then flying with SQ? :lol::lol:

wish i am a gal and i can love and marry a guy officially liao. haha!!! nope... not the hotel you mentioned. but i had a few encounters in this particular hotel but the "resident/s" usually leave me alone cos i check out the next day. but there was one occasion i freak out for no reason and i left the shower area light on the whole nite as i zzz. nothing really happened that nite, but for some reason, i kinda shivered and decided to switch on the light throughout the nite. :huh::huh:

let me share another one - which happened to my bf - just a brief encounter

there was one year that i decided to travel to bkk with my bro and his family, my mom, my sis and her hubby and my bf. we were stuck in the traffic jam for quite a long while before we reached Asia Hotel.

there was a huge crowd before us, but i managed to cut the messy queue and got all of us checked in. we were splited to 3 different rooms, quite a distance apart.

my bf and i were given a room next to the exit. according to some frequent travelers, this kinda room should be avoided, for a specific reason, of cos. to me, i was ok with the arrangement... all of us were kinda tired and hungry, and i suggested that we washed up and get a quik bite at the chinatown before we dropped dead. my bf and i were the first to get ready, as usual, and we decided to split up and push the rest of the gang to get ready asap. my bf tried to get my sis and her hubby to my bro's room, next to another exit.

as all of us were standing out my bro's room, discussing what we should do, where should we do our dinner, my bf hurried us to the lobby as he was damn hungry. as we proceed, like usual, i was always the last one behind the gang, with my bf. my bf whispered to me that when we were chatting outside my bro's room, he felt a hand pulling his sling bag. he thought it was prank from my niece or nephew, and he slapped the kid's hand. suddenly he noticed that they were standing opposite him, next to my bro. that was when he kinda freaked out and rush us to the lobby.

i later told my bf that as long as he was not harm physically or lost anything in the ordeal, it was ok and tried not to think too much and enjoy the trip... :blink:

ok... back to do my work now.. enjoy your holiday!!!

We stayed there apr 2003 for 7 nites. I know the bedroom is very dark, cannot see your 5 fingers. Just turned on the lite beneath the bedside table. The knocking could be a drunkard lah. If u want to talk about ghostly encounters, my house was full of them last wk til i realised that it's chin min( comes early tis yr) next mon

i believe these beings are usually harmless unless they are provoked. so to me, as long as i dun disturb them, there should not be any reasons to disturb me too, right? unless i am proven wrong. heehee

i was told in the past there were a few sightings of pontianak next to a school compound. i have yet seen one so far... not even when i was stationed in tekong... :P

i believe these beings are usually harmless unless they are provoked. so to me, as long as i dun disturb them, there should not be any reasons to disturb me too, right? unless i am proven wrong. heehee

i was told in the past there were a few sightings of pontianak next to a school compound. i have yet seen one so far... not even when i was stationed in tekong... :P

some ghosts are just "passing" by.... but humans are the one that is so hysterical.. kpkb here and there... hahah

• 3 months later...
Guest Good Brothers

7 months 鬼节(中元节)is starting from next Tues,all the 好兄弟are coming out again!

what's your Ghostly encounter to share? any thing to avoid during 7 months? :ph34r:

Guest 鬼摇床

i was renting a 3 room flat at Marine Parade, while i look for a new flat to purchase,

that owner was a Malay woman, 1st month was nothing happen,

2nd month one of the night i was woke up by a bed shaking feeling,

and while i wake up i heard a "Yi Wi Yi Wi " kind of open and close door sound,

i was very scare, goose bump all floated up on my skin,

but i dare not get up to find out the source of the sound,

but i can tell that the open and close door sound come from the front bedroom,

i was sleep at 2nd bedroom behind, i was so scare i keep chanting Ahmitaba...

and i hide in the blanket shivering whole night cant sleep,

next morning when day light came the sound had gone,

i went to the front bedroom and check it out,

i discover the sound was came from the wardrobe door,

coz i test the wardrobe door open and close, open and close, is the same sound i heard

during mid night. and i found no breaking in evidence, things in wardrobe was not ransack,

i quickly found another flat and move out the next day,

and i have forfeited my 2 months deposit to the maly woman....

Guest Guest

i quickly found another flat and move out the next day,

and i have forfeited my 2 months deposit to the maly woman....

..... the next scene.

The malay woman was smiling count the 2 months deposits that had been forfeited from you. She later passed $50 her son and said: "Good job, boy."

She placed another classified ad on the newspaper: Room For Rent, Good Location, Minimum 3 Months ......

- The End -

Guest guest

2nd month one of the night i was woke up by a bed shaking feeling,

and while i wake up i heard a "Yi Wi Yi Wi " kind of open and close door sound,

Marine Parade gets tremors from Sumatra earth quakes once in a while. I experienced earth quakes in Japan many times and the bed shakes and there are squiking sounds from the doors , the wardrobe and the hangers inside. my friend who lives in Marine Parade have had the same experience a couple of times. You wasted your money! It's that only time and you got freaked out? SIAO!!!

Guest Guest

After knowing "Yi Wi Yi Wi" was the tremor from Sumatra earthquake and had wasted the 2 months rental $$, he fainted and then waking up to hear "Bi Boo Bi Boo ~~~~~~".

Guest Hell waiting for you

After knowing "Yi Wi Yi Wi" was the tremor from Sumatra earthquake and had wasted the 2 months rental $$, he fainted and then waking up to hear "Bi Boo Bi Boo ~~~~~~".

and then the "Bi Boo Bi Boo" Knock on you while you crossing the road, you die in a pool of blood ! :P:lol:

--End--

Guest amore

and then the "Bi Boo Bi Boo" Knock on you while you crossing the road, you die in a pool of blood ! :P:lol:

--End--

Mr "Hell waiting for you" was walking on the overhead bridge and saw the accident. He always very kaypoh, therefore, walked down to see and found that the one who was lying on the road was his most beloved sibling!, he blamed himself for being bad mouth and feeling remorsed for the rest of his life ....... He can been seen sitting everyday in void deck slapping his face and shouting to himself "我衰嘴 ... 我衰嘴 ... "

-- The End of the End -- :lol: :lol:

Guest surelyugessian

i find it very surprising that there aren't any gay ghost stories...?!!

i imagine if someone crusies around fort road or hong lim park at 3am in the morning might be likely to come across one.

maybe now that the action has moved to punggol park, there might even be more encounters.

afterall the whole area is infestated with ghostly haunts of prime young men who died a terrible death by japanese soldiers.

so quit your bitching, and let the ghost stories begin....!

Guest Sunshine

Saw a lot of ppl praying downstairs my block this month. Guess 7th Month is here. There will be lots of noise as the open space next to be block is always being use for getai.

Headache time again.

Thanks for sharing GM!

Will be posting some tips upon this great month, for those who wants it to go smooth~

Tip 1#:

Ever come across piles of bones, food, empty soda cans on the sidewalk, or even the stair case? Feel like kicking it away? My advice would be, D O N T.

How would you feel if someone just stomp or kick the food that you're feasting on? Or suddenly, someone kicking the very toy that you child is playing?

Leave the items on the floor alone. If you have to clear it (cleaner, or you feel that it shouldnt be on the floor), it doesnt hurt to say sorry or excuse me before you remove them (and hope, with fingers crossed, that they wont be so angry).

Tip #2:

So you're alone walking back home/to a certain destination. You heard someone calling out for you, what should you do?

Play safe, continue walking, but slowly. If its urgent, that person would call out to you again (and again).

If it so happens that you have to turn and want to take a look at who it is (or what it is), NEVER ever turn just your head around. Instead, use the waist as your pivot point and turn towards the direction (or just kebelakang pusing).

Its kinda hard to explain, but when you turn only your head, your 3 point protection (barrier) is broken, making your body vulnerable to being a very GD and welcoming host. 3 points would be the temple, and the 2 shoulders. (Or getting slapped if they dont like the host body. LOL)

So, its either you turn your whole body, or keep moving honey~

Guest Cheers

佛教盂兰盆节

七月十五也是佛教盂兰盆节。盂兰盆,梵文Ullam-bana的音译。“盂兰”,倒悬的意思,倒悬形容苦厄之状,盆是指盛供品的器皿。佛教认为供此具可解救已逝去父母、亡亲的倒悬之苦。盂兰盆即“解倒悬”之意。佛典《佛说盂兰盆经》中记载了这么一个故事:

释迦牟尼的十大弟子之一目连(亦称目键连),得到六通(六种智慧)后,想报答父母的养育之恩,即用道眼视察,看到已逝去的母亲在饿鬼道中受苦,瘦得皮包骨头不成人形。目连十分伤心,于是用钵盛饭,想送给母亲吃,但是饭刚送到他母亲手中,尚未入口即化为灰烬。目连无奈,哭着请求佛祖帮助救救他的母亲。佛祖说:“你母亲罪孽深重,你一人是救不了的,要靠十方僧众的道力才行,你要在七月十五日众僧结夏安居修行圆满的日子里,敬设盛大的盂兰盆供,以百味饮食供养十方众僧,依靠他们的感神道力,才能救出你的母亲。”目连照佛祖的指点去做,他的母亲真的脱离了饿鬼道。佛祖还说:“今后凡佛弟子行慈孝时,都可于七月十五日佛自恣(舒服)时,佛喜欢日,备办百味饮食,广设盂兰盆供,供养众僧,这样做既可为在生父母添福添寿,又可为已逝的父母离开苦海,得到快乐,以报答父母的养育之恩。”

从此,在汉语系佛教地区,根据《佛说盂兰盆经》而于每年七月十五日便举行超度历代宗亲佛教仪式,称为盂兰盆法会、盂兰盆斋、盂兰盆供等。盂兰盆法会有复杂的仪规,仪润《百丈清规证义记》卷八中详载《兰盆仪轨摘要》,云全卷见《兰盆会纂》中。其中有净坛绕经、上兰盆供、众僧受食诸仪节。

由此可见,佛教的七月十五的盂兰盆节,有两层涵义,一是教育人们要供养宗教僧众,二是教育人们多做善事超脱先人罪孽,并提倡孝道。

Here's a good read to spook you out - Dyatlov Pass Incident. It's not really related to the Ghost Month stories (in fact it took place in Russia in February of 1959), but it was mysterious enough to spook me out after I read it up on the internet.

The final photos taken by the group of ski hikers, the night before they died under mysterious circumstances.

The outline goes something like this:

• 9 ski hikers were found dead, without any sign of participation/perpetuation by a third-party
  • They left their tents in the middle of the night during a heavy snowstorm, at their own accord
  • They tore their tents from the inside (and not from the outside like animal attacks), as if a compelling force has made them to
  • Most of them were scantily clad when they escaped from the tent. Some even had only one side of their socks on
  • Some bodies were found in a posture suggesting that they were actually returning to their tent after escaping from it
  • Injuries on the victims were crushing, impact they have suffered were greater than an automobile crash.
  • One body was found with the tongue ripped off and missing.

Edited by hazilyhasty

If the world don't suck we'd all fall off.

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.