Male HQ

Will Apple Products Fare More Better Now After Tim Cook Has Publicly Admitted His Sexual Orientation?

Jake.Roxas

Guest Raiden Alpha

No don't think so,ever since Steve Jobs pass away Apple products are going nowhere except downhill.

Edited by Raiden Alpha

I find this particularly hilarious:

Quote: “No wonder this latest 5.5-inch iPhone 6 feels so good in my hands. It is because this is the average length of the male anatomy.”

ROFL! 

And you are so naive to think they support you as a gay man? You are really totally detached from the real world and how it works.

You have no idea about what demographic marketing is about. Look at Hollywood and Politicians you will see no end of such examples including other businesses just becasue you have no idea about that being done with other brands.  This is what AMERICANA is about....

They go running and laughing all the way to the bank and you emptying your pocket in Singapore and the never even send you an exclusive thank you for your support. You are just a digit in their sales report (most likley compiled by a str8 apple staff) and possibly this was wo "coming out..officially" was concocted by a PR company to harvest the gay community.

You think gay people are not in it for the profit like a str8 businessman? Unbelieveable.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 1 year later...

I bought Apple products because of the advanced features, intuitive designed c/w remarkable appearance and once I used it there are simply no competition. This is regardless of CEO sexual orientation.

Tim doesn't humiliate himself like most of gay guys do like whore or being a drag queen. He is more focused on his job so why bother if he is a gay while he is CEO of a giant company.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tim Cook is an employee of Apple. Buying an iPhone does not mean you are supporting him. You are supporting a company who chose him to lead. 

Keep in mind, Tim Cook worked as COO (i think) for several years before being tasked by Steve Jobs personally as interim CEO and then formally as CEO. Under him, Apple's cap share grew exponentially to become one of the most profitable companies. 

Love. 

I tend to realize most gay use Apple products, including myself. My computer (iMac 27), my Phone (iPhone 4S), my tablet (iPad 2, now the new iPad), my laptop (Macbook Pro) are all apple products. I wonder how true is this?

Do you guys use any Apple products?

Have been playing Pokemon with two phones, an Android Xiaomi and an iPhone. Boy, the diff is astounding! When abroad the Xiaomi's GPS literally died, and I didn't realise how bad the swipe screen was till I switched to the iPhone. Lost countless rare Pokes until I'd switched. Apple, for all its quirky llimitations, really is ahead in terms of intuitiveness and software/hardware superiority.

Fun fact: Android and iOS on Pokemon Go uses different servers! Switch and you might find surprise Lure at a Pokestop in progress.

Yes, Apple is popular among PLU; any social establishment like pubs, sauna, gyms, clubs one can easily spot many Apple devices around. Looking forward to Thursday's morning 0100 hrs product launch by T. Cook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Michael

I would like to buy the new iPhone7 but I'm a closeted gay. My worry is that if I switch from Samsung to iPhone, I might be forced to be outed because they said that whoever uses apple products tend to be gay because of Tim.

37 minutes ago, Guest Michael said:

I would like to buy the new iPhone7 but I'm a closeted gay. My worry is that if I switch from Samsung to iPhone, I might be forced to be outed because they said that whoever uses apple products tend to be gay because of Tim.

True statement.

1 hour ago, Guest Michael said:

25 minutes ago, Guest Apple said:

True statement.

So how do you explain about the years before Tim Cook took over, and Steve Jobs was running the show? Was the early iPhone users considered straight because Steve Jobs is straight? 

Love. 

15 minutes ago, doncoin said:

So how do you explain about the years before Tim Cook took over, and Steve Jobs was running the show? Was the early iPhone users considered straight because Steve Jobs is straight? 

You assumed Steve Jobs was straight just because he was married? Don't be that shallow.

1 minute ago, Guest Apple said:

You assumed Steve Jobs was straight just because he was married? Don't be that shallow.

I think there are enough biographies out there to confirm his heterosexuality. 

Oh well, then all we have to do is wait for the trend about carrying a Samsung or any Android phone to be gay, then what would all the closeted gays do? Resort to string and cans to communicate? 

Love. 

On 09/10/2016 at 9:08 PM, Guest Michael said:

My golly! What did I just read?!?

When Indiana and Arkansas passed their controversial “religious freedom” bills last year, gay rights groups cried out. Activists argued that these laws would effectively legalize discrimination, allowing shopkeepers to turn away gay patrons.

At the height of the fracas, an unlikely voice chimed in.

“These bills rationalize injustice,“ Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote in a widely-circulated Washington Post op-ed last March. Cook, who is gay, said in the op-ed that he was speaking out on behalf of Apple.

Around that same time, another high-profile executive was discussing a social mission of his own. Troubled by the deaths of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz announced last March a campaign to tackle racism in America by having baristas talk to their customers about race relations.

To business school professors Aaron Chatterji and Michael Toffel, these efforts had something in common—they seemed to represent a new kind of corporate activism.

“These CEOs are intentionally courting controversy by weighing in on contentious issues without any obvious pretense of raising profits,” the pair wrote in the Harvard Business Review last year. They noted other examples, like Goldman Sachs chief executive Lloyd Blankfein’s comments supporting gay marriage, or Facebook chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg’s work combatting gender discrimination.

Chatterji, an associate professor at Duke, and Toffel, a professor at Harvard, have previously studied how companies manage their ethical reputations. There’s long been a tradition of companies contributing to the social good. McDonald’s, for instance, touts a charity for sick children. Oil and gas company BP plays up its efforts to uphold human rights and protect the environment.

These kinds of projects are not wholly altruistic. Through their so-called “corporate responsibility” work, companies hope to generate a warm glow that attracts customers and softens politicians.

But gay marriage and race relations are lightning rod issues in America, and it's not immediately clear if speaking out on them will attract customers or push them away.

“What we think makes this new is that many CEOs are now speaking out on controversial issues largely unrelated to the bottom line,",” Chatterji says. “If you’re a businessperson, why would you want to alienate a large percentage of your customers?”

Recently, Chatterji and Toffel ran some online experiments to try to understand the impact of this social activism by CEOs. They used the example of Tim Cook and gay rights. The media wrote extensively about Cook’s op-ed, but did really change the public’s mind?

In their first experiment, the researchers wanted to see if they could sway people’s opinions of Indiana’s religious freedom law. One group was asked point-blank about the law. About half said they supported it. Other groups were told that some people thought the law was discriminatory. With that knowledge, support for the law fell to 40 percent.

What was interesting was that it didn’t matter if the researchers used Tim Cook’s name or not in the experiment. All they had to do was mention that the law might condone gay discrimination, and support for the law dropped. There wasn’t anything special about the Apple CEO.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-17-at-9.52.52-AM.png&w=1484

In the next experiment, though, the researchers found that Cook’s activism likely didn't hurt Apple's business—instead, it helped. When people were told that the Apple CEO had spoken out against Indiana’s religious freedom law, they were more likely to say they intended to buy Apple products in the near future. By contrast, when people were told about one of Tim Cook’s bland opinions on management philosophy, it had little effect on purchase plans.

It seems that Cook’s gay rights activism particularly motivated people to buy from the company.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-17-at-9.52.56-AM.png&w=1484

Cook’s activism was most effective, of course, at opening up the wallets of people who already supported same-sex marriage. Same-sex marriage opponents didn’t seem to care one way or the other.

Chatterji and Toffel emphasize that this is just one experiment about one recent example of CEO activism. They plan on doing more work exploring this phenomenon—how CEOs through history involved themselves in social movements, why recent CEOs seem to be much more eager to take the lead on controversial issues, and whether their actions cost them customers.

The case of Tim Cook illustrates, at least, that engaging in hot-button issues might even be good for business. Even if his remarks weren’t particularly effective at changing public opinion, as a famous figure he drew attention to the debate. And more importantly, his activism put Apple in the news — reminding many Americans to buy more Apple products.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:19 PM, doncoin said:

I must be one of those few who got the iPhone 7 and AVEthen returned it because it didn't fit with my phone case. :) So still stuck with 6s. 

Few? You might be the one and only.

• 4 months later...
On 11/2/2014 at 8:47 AM, abang said:

When we buy a new laptop, do most of us care who is their CEO and worst, his sexual preference?

What a stupid topic to discuss.. nothing constructive at all!

perhaps to you (and to me also btw) it doesn't matter.  But to many homophobic self-righteous people out there it matters.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

• Guest locked this topic