Male HQ

Will Apple Products Fare More Better Now After Tim Cook Has Publicly Admitted His Sexual Orientation?

Jake.Roxas

Guest jonlittle

To some extent, it does. Being a prominent and successful figure who is also a gay activist, people who support his activism and LGBT community are more willing to get his products due to his positive works among other factors.

People who hate gays yet buy his products are simply hypocritical or lying to themselves by believing that being gay is his choice of lifestyle. *shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...

From the images I saw, the red phone does not impress me at all.   It's the same as any other colour except a red back cover... Who can see that red cover if we have a phone case covering it... A total SALAH marketing ploy just to fill the gap before the next launch in Sept.

www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/3/22/15020056/apple-red-iphone-isnt-red

• 1 month later...
On 04/04/2017 at 1:50 AM, abang said:

From the images I saw, the red phone does not impress me at all.   It's the same as any other colour except a red back cover... Who can see that red cover if we have a phone case covering it... A total SALAH marketing ploy just to fill the gap before the next launch in Sept.

www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/3/22/15020056/apple-red-iphone-isnt-red

I think most people here misunderstand the intent of a red iPhone so here's why.

It's not exactly a marketing ploy, arguably. They released it because, just like their previous iterations of iPod products, the red series is a way for consumers to

1) Buy a product that has a great and popular colour

2) Know that some of the money they paid for the product goes into AIDS Foundation. 

In in conjunction with the foundation, the colour scheme is created to match the tone of the organisation and AIDS Foundation. So by paying a little bit more, you're getting a really great phone and contributing to a charity I believe most LGBTQ society can empathise with. 

Also, about slapping a case on an iPhone. You're not wrong, but you're not right either. 

There's this lol

IMG_3551.PNG

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

Why are people paying an arm or a leg to get that $1500 iphone? A samsung s7 edge from last years is still an extremely capable phone costing about half the price and offers more with dual sim, sexier curved screen, wireless charging and best of all better camera than iphone7. Be a smart consumer and spend money wisely. It's just a phone and you could use that excess $500 to go for a 4d3n relaxing bangkok trip. Long gone are the days where android phones are lagging. Even if it does, that one  millisecond lag is not going to cause someone to go berserk anymore.

If you're feeling rich then okay. Not a fanboy of samsung or any brands, one could even get the OnePlus, sadly camera not on par with s7 edge or iphone 7plus.  One thing for sure, your bank account isn't going to be richer.

Guest isheep
24 minutes ago, Guest :'( said:

Why are people paying an arm or a leg to get that $1500 iphone? A samsung s7 edge from last years is still an extremely capable phone costing about half the price and offers more with dual sim, sexier curved screen, wireless charging and best of all better camera than iphone7. Be a smart consumer and spend money wisely. It's just a phone and you could use that excess $500 to go for a 4d3n relaxing bangkok trip. Long gone are the days where android phones are lagging. Even if it does, that one  millisecond lag is not going to cause someone to go berserk anymore.

If you're feeling rich then okay. Not a fanboy of samsung or any brands, one could even get the OnePlus, sadly camera not on par with s7 edge or iphone 7plus.  One thing for sure, your bank account isn't going to be richer.

Iphone fanboys seemed  become smarter and realized there are better and cheaper phones out there, hence Apple's revenue is suffered lately.

I am so bloody backwards ( like an extinct dinosaur) when it comes to owning the latest mobile phone.  Actually I only changed my phone because my Internet Provider gave it to me for extending my contract.

History-free phones by My Republic

1 May 2015 - Lenovo A606

1 Feb 2017 - Oppo A37f

Probably my next change of phone will be some time near early 2019..

Both phones serve me well... yes it is not something fancy but to an older uncle, as long as I can read emails and messages from apps, these phone suffice... As a matter of fact, the Oppo phone looks like a replica of the iphone but runs on Android... 

4 hours ago, Guest Hebede said:

Who went to the store today?

There was a huge crowd. Still managed to get close to the area, probably going some other day when the hype dies down at .

img_1295_y5oCqh.jpg.5b665c90780c79ea8d4d942b76c3b4fb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love it! Not sure what you mean by behind competition, but the technologies within the phone itself is pretty amazing like Face ID!

30 minutes ago, Guest Chy6688 said:

So what’s you take in the latest Apple products particularly the iPhone X? Isn’t it too expensive and still behind competition?

23 hours ago, Guest Chy6688 said:

So what’s you take in the latest Apple products particularly the iPhone X? Isn’t it too expensive and still behind competition?

You know? It's like PAP. It's too expensive and behind competition, but over decades, people have been brainwashed into thinking otherwise.

On 11/2/2014 at 8:47 AM, abang said:

When we buy a new laptop, do most of us care who is their CEO and worst, his sexual preference?

What a stupid topic to discuss.. nothing constructive at all!

That's not true. If the President of the United States is gay, do you think he will get as many votes?

Some straights are so homophobic that they will avoid gay in all ways, down to the very products sold. 

I'm gay and proud that my 3 and a half-year post was dug up.

I stopped getting Apple products since 2011 since it was no longer a fashion statement.

Too many people had them and it is no longer a novelty. 

Apple like many of the retailers out there, is killing the brand.

Remember HOM trunks ..at first there was anticipation for the new designs but people do get jaded and start to resist the annual change of the not-so-cheap products... I think the euphoria of Apple products can last for a month but it all fizzles down.  

Perhaps this old man play it too safely.. I will only buy a higher-price item when it has been put in the market for at least 3 months..by then, all bugs are solved.  

** That face recognition is really something innovative but sadly, I don't think it is a serious necessity.  Will it able to recognise me before and after, sex,... no, I mean after I gain weight?

Guest Apple Fan

If the public review (Nov 3 onward) of the Apple X Face ID features turns out to be highly problematic, I will just get the Apple 8+ for interim use till the 2nd generation Face ID is offered.  Apple came out with a 2nd generation Touch ID with the launched of Apple 6S (2015) after numerous complaint world wide. 

Guest iPhone user

Apple is very good in marketing..Previously they used Siri to tempt customers and and charged a premium. Look what happened to Siri?  Every new iPhone, they upped the price..This is getting  a bit too much.  If you look closely, most of the features of iPhone X, other players already have long time ago..ie. OLED, bezel less, wireless charging!!!  They also upped the Apple Care.. Nowadays,  there isn't any 1-1 replacement.  All must go for repair during warranty period.  They also forced you to sign a letter stating that if found water in your phone, warranty void; If you dropped it and inside damaged..etc warranty void.. The support from apple service centers are sub-std too... Bottom line, you are buying a product that cost a bomb and yet not better specs and services..  

Glass back and front are going to be more fragile...etc  So you need to buy a cover to protect then how about wireless charging?  Do you need to take out the cover just to charge?  What about Face ID problem, is there any fall back.  I believed they intended to add finger ID but couldn't do it with the bezel less screen and hence changed their approach marketing by selling this face ID feature.  I won't be surprised if next generation of iPhone X will include the finger ID.   This is like they are taking away some features and still charge you higher price!! 

Unless you are really die hard fan, its high time to jump ship...because iPhone is overly priced n nothing fantastic now... with that kind of price, i can buy a 2 handphones (1 as spare...etc)

1 hour ago, Guest iPhone user said:

Apple is very good in marketing..Previously they used Siri to tempt customers and and charged a premium. Look what happened to Siri?  Every new iPhone, they upped the price..This is getting  a bit too much.  If you look closely, most of the features of iPhone X, other players already have long time ago..ie. OLED, bezel less, wireless charging!!!  They also upped the Apple Care.. Nowadays,  there isn't any 1-1 replacement.  All must go for repair during warranty period.  They also forced you to sign a letter stating that if found water in your phone, warranty void; If you dropped it and inside damaged..etc warranty void.. The support from apple service centers are sub-std too... Bottom line, you are buying a product that cost a bomb and yet not better specs and services..  

Glass back and front are going to be more fragile...etc  So you need to buy a cover to protect then how about wireless charging?  Do you need to take out the cover just to charge?  What about Face ID problem, is there any fall back.  I believed they intended to add finger ID but couldn't do it with the bezel less screen and hence changed their approach marketing by selling this face ID feature.  I won't be surprised if next generation of iPhone X will include the finger ID.   This is like they are taking away some features and still charge you higher price!! 

Unless you are really die hard fan, its high time to jump ship...because iPhone is overly priced n nothing fantastic now... with that kind of price, i can buy a 2 handphones (1 as spare...etc)

This post couldn't be any more wrong and misinformed lol. 

Whatever people don't understand, they reduce everything to "marketing". I mean, if you spend a lot of time trying and perfecting a product for the masses, why wouldn't you want to market your product? If you believe it's good, why should that be a problem?

Also, every year iPhone prices increases. Whether they charge a premium or not, iPhone prices are higher than other phones on the market. But they have great resell value, especially when you trade in as opposed to Android phones with rapid devalue. There's nothing wrong with increasing prices to reflect economical changes.

Yeah, boring argument about "Omg iphones finally have *insert feature* lmao androids have it since 2012" like, get over it lol. So what if Apple came in late? If they implement a technology, they don't do it because they want to, they do it because it's necessary and they're gonna perfect the fuck out of it. Look at Samsung's implementation of facial recognition. Stupid ass piece of printout of your face can log into your phone. 

hint hint: iphones that offer 1 for 1 are refurbished phones. it's not new so idk what's the issue. also, which company offers 1 for 1 anyway? 

Specs wise, there's no way to differentiate it. Like some of the replies here, if the processor and RAM works, why should I care? It's not like I'll elk out an extra year of usage for a marginally better benchmarked performance. 

Get informed won't you, wireless charging works over cases lol. Applies to every Qi charger, just make sure you don't use a metal case. 

No Face ID use passcode la. Don't noob leh. They didn't take away a feature without replacing it with something better. lmao.

Get your facts right, and come back again okay? Education works well these days, not misinformed minds.

Guest Apple Fan

The launch price of Apple 8+, with the same storage, have actually fallen below Apple 7+. A higher specification yet lower price device, I think it is good value for money. For those who feel safe having the 1-for-1 exchange (brand new not refurbished) guarantee should devices malfunction will have to buy through Apple website and it is applicable during the initial 2 weeks only.

I think apple products have lost a bit of their lustre in general, because the android phones tend to steal their thunder given they launch a lot earlier. 

But I must admit apple tends to have more polish when it comes to some of the features. I'm sure FaceID is implemented a lot better than on, say a Samsung S8. But, no one can really verify that at the moment, so let's wait and see.

Wireless charging does work with a case on, but not every case. Slap on a thick Spigen, Verus or Otterbox and that battery won't even flinch. I find wireless charging more a gimmick actually. It's still wired and you've got to leave your phone on the charging pad, so there's still a limitation. 

I don't think the iPhone 8 is that worth an upgrade from the iPhone 7 honestly. Internals and specifications aside it's quite a disappointment for those expecting something a little more different, but there's the iPhone X for that. Then again, they're gonna charge an arm and leg for that, plus it's expected to be in short supply. Meaning most people won't be able to get their hands on one as soon as they like. Some feel this is another form of a marketing gimmick too.

Edited by jarjarbinks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Apple Fan

I traded in my 6S+ (late 2015) for the latest 8+ as the reseller offered me an irresistible price. Apple Store do not deal with trade-in at the moment. I suggest anyone who are comfortable and intend to continue with iOS not to hold their current phone for too long as the depreciation will be steeper as time passes.

As I have many SIM cards, I will be getting Apple X when launched next month.

• Guest locked this topic