Male HQ

Coffee!

jnbx

That's an interesting website! Shall spend more time to read it ;) I thought artistry was ok too haha decent but nth to rave bout too.

Where's all your favourite cafes? Or like favourite spot to grab coffee haha

Don't think what you're after is more than I can be.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently enjoying a cup of black coffee and serenaded by the pitter-patter of rain outside. 

One of the best times of my life; working in a cafe and having fun with the espresso machine. The sound of the portafilter locking into the group head and the subsequent buzz while espresso is created... owh.... I miss those times. 

Has anyone read "How Starbucks Saved My Life by Michael Gill Gates"? What are your thoughts about it?

Currently enjoying a cup of black coffee and serenaded by the pitter-patter of rain outside.

One of the best times of my life; working in a cafe and having fun with the espresso machine. The sound of the portafilter locking into the group head and the subsequent buzz while espresso is created... owh.... I miss those times.

Has anyone read "How Starbucks Saved My Life by Michael Gill Gates"? What are your thoughts about it?

Me! Haha read it few years back when I was working with starbucks. I actually thought it was quite inspiring and touching :)

Me! Haha read it few years back when I was working with starbucks. I actually thought it was quite inspiring and touching :)

I feel the same about the book too. The book got me interested in F&B and I looked for a job in a cafe after reading it. Joys upon joys, I actually joined a cafe which was so much like what was mentioned in the book. My regulars became my friends and I'd go a couple of hours before my shift just to play Scrabble with my friend (customer). It was a good time =)

I feel the same about the book too. The book got me interested in F&B and I looked for a job in a cafe after reading it. Joys upon joys, I actually joined a cafe which was so much like what was mentioned in the book. My regulars became my friends and I'd go a couple of hours before my shift just to play Scrabble with my friend (customer). It was a good time =)

Wow which cafe is it haha one that has scrabble sounds nice. It's always nice to have good regulars, but somehow I always have a good number of annoying regulars wherever I work LOL.

Local coffee 

very underrated

I bet some rich smart asshole wanted to sell it in ang moh country

open shop there

can make even bigger dirtier bucks

In Sg one cup = $1

In Ang Moh Land one cup=$5 or 5euro

*CHA CHIIIING*

Not Starbucks

SLIMEBUCKS!!!

Edited by MotherCat

Wow which cafe is it haha one that has scrabble sounds nice. It's always nice to have good regulars, but somehow I always have a good number of annoying regulars wherever I work LOL.

Ironically, I got a job at Starbucks' rival cafe. Anyway, the cafe did not have a Scrabble set. It was my personal set which I brought to play with my friend (customer). Even now, I feel sort of in a quandary as to how to refer to them. I really do feel that they are friends.

Ironically, I got a job at Starbucks' rival cafe. Anyway, the cafe did not have a Scrabble set. It was my personal set which I brought to play with my friend (customer). Even now, I feel sort of in a quandary as to how to refer to them. I really do feel that they are friends.

Ah I see haha. I worked with Starbucks for a bit, great Org culture haha yeah that's always a bit of a grey territory hahaha

Coffee FTW. A nice cup of fresh coffee opens up wonders. :-)

Indeed! Maybe more than one hahaha :P

Everybody should try Mr. Bean hot Vietnamese coffee. It is pure heaven - a combination of Vietnam coffee and home made hot soya milk. So far, the best tasting coffee i ever had.

Agreed! I didn't know it tasted this good. Pity about the small size, so through the auntie's recommendation, I bought a large size (of 2 cups).

Agreed! I didn't know it tasted this good. Pity about the small size, so through the auntie's recommendation, I bought a large size (of 2 cups).

Hmm really should get around to try it! Haha

i like coffee.. but i cant really appreciate premium or any aroma or anything.. its just coffee to me.. but i like coffee.. =x

That's ok too I guess! Haha coffee is afterall a very personal thing I feel.

The hot coffee now comes in two sizes - small ($1.60) & big ($2.20). I only got to know about the 2 sizes recently...

Coffee is good, especially for men. It helps to prevent prostrate cancer. Of course, the cuppa cannot be overdosed with sugar. Lol.

While some of us may experience some form of "excitement" due to the effects of caffeine, allow my 2 cents knowledge here.

Local coffee -  those found in our coffeeshops: They contain more robusta to arabica beans. The former has higher level of acidity; to which some of us may taste the kopi O as more "sourish" as compared to the ang mo equivalent of espresso.

Ang Mo coffee -  Starbucks, TCC, Dome etc: They contain more arabica to robusta. Some may feel the "kick" to be lesser as compared to our local Kopi.

Even with "100%" Arabica beans (which most of us see on some packaging or advertisement) -  it has already been mixed and match, with at least 2 -3 types of beans.

So, while most of us have our daily morning coffee, I have tried and proven on myself (and I read it somewhere) -  have some coffee 30 to 60 mins, prior to exercising. It helps to give some extra energy.

Happy drinking guys! :)

Coffee is good, especially for men. It helps to prevent prostrate cancer. Of course, the cuppa cannot be overdosed with sugar. Lol.

While some of us may experience some form of "excitement" due to the effects of caffeine, allow my 2 cents knowledge here.

Local coffee -  those found in our coffeeshops: They contain more robusta to arabica beans. The former has higher level of acidity; to which some of us may taste the kopi O as more "sourish" as compared to the ang mo equivalent of espresso.

Ang Mo coffee -  Starbucks, TCC, Dome etc: They contain more arabica to robusta. Some may feel the "kick" to be lesser as compared to our local Kopi.

Even with "100%" Arabica beans (which most of us see on some packaging or advertisement) -  it has already been mixed and match, with at least 2 -3 types of beans.

So, while most of us have our daily morning coffee, I have tried and proven on myself (and I read it somewhere) -  have some coffee 30 to 60 mins, prior to exercising. It helps to give some extra energy.

Happy drinking guys! :)

Tried caffeine before exercising before and it does work. :-)

I love starbucks with a passion, but I only drink tea at home. Maybe it's the guys behind the counter...

Expanding on this, does anyone here hate the taste of coffee? I love tea, but coffee is so bitter and undrinkable imo. My starbucks trips usually consist of shakes (frappes), tea, or juice. Even when I go to starbucks for a pick-me-up, I need to take coffee with flavorings like chocolate (mocha) to bring the taste to something more palatable. I really want to see if I am able to survive without coffee... one day.

• 3 weeks later...

Expanding on this, does anyone here hate the taste of coffee? I love tea, but coffee is so bitter and undrinkable imo. My starbucks trips usually consist of shakes (frappes), tea, or juice. Even when I go to starbucks for a pick-me-up, I need to take coffee with flavorings like chocolate (mocha) to bring the taste to something more palatable. I really want to see if I am able to survive without coffee... one day.

It is a taste you need to slowly appreciate. I started disliking the bitterness. However, as time goes, it does not taste that bad any more. Now I drink my coffee without sugar, sometimes milk at most.

• 3 weeks later...

Expanding on this, does anyone here hate the taste of coffee? I love tea, but coffee is so bitter and undrinkable imo.... I really want to see if I am able to survive without coffee... one day.

I never thot it would be addictive as I grew up in a family where coffee and tea are daily affairs on the dinning table in the morning. When I was working, always thot this as a silly statement from some of my colleagues who claim they must have at least 1 cup per day.

some one gave me a packet of vietnamese coffee. one morning I brew it and left it in the kitchen while I attend to 'urgent matters' in the bathroom. As it was the first thing I did that day, all doors and windows wee still closed so when I came out of the bathroom, I was greeted by a very strong and pleaseant aroma of the coffee. IMHO, it beats tasting any coffee and it already makes my day. Somehow that day the smell was aromatic!

i like coffee.. but i cant really appreciate premium or any aroma or anything.. its just coffee to me.. but i like coffee.. =x

likewise, I m no coffee or tea expert, but I do enjoy a good brew. It's slowly growing on me. As I mention, it was like drinking water where I grew up but over time, I learn to enjoy the bitterness, aroma and perk it gives as you take slow sip. I still can't tell the diff between a good or bad / an expensive or cheap version. But I do enjoy them. Fave being latte without adding sugar, the rich body of milk when u sip it follow by that bitterness in the coffee. The riches of life beneath all the bitterness. And in moments when you suddenly feels like adding that little extra sugar, all prespective changes. Must add I used to be a sucker lazing at Coffee Club slow siping the latte with Tiramesu. Heaven on earth!

• 4 months later...

I have this habit of drinking hot coffee before sleeping. Warms my body up and make me a little drowsy. But I am suspecting this habit is helping me to put on weight. I tried to switch to teas but I just cannot bring myself to like teas, Unless it is taken after a heavy meal.

Any other alternatives? Like low sugar coffee or coffee itself can hinder you from losing weight?

• 6 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.