Male HQ

Shuang Spa Discussion (Compiled)

Guest Momo

Going to Shuang Spa is like going to some third world country with much beggars. I wonder r if they are running a business or a charity where customers are expected to help pay for their staff salaries? Had a Most unpleasant experience last night. I know is A gay spa and I made it clear I just wanted hard massage because I was very tired. I know I am expected to pay for extras, but I don't understand why I have to be pestered to tip, when all I wanted was just hard massage?

The Pinoy masseur, throughout the massage hinted about tipping several times, then there was his sob story about how lowly the staff were paid and how dependent they were on the customers tips for their daily rental. Makes the spa and the staff appear most pathetic! Is this the norm?

If such spas charge higher than normal massage places because of the do called ambience and excellent quality massage oils they use ( I requested for grapefruit massage oil and had something that smelt like Mortein) I don't understand why they can't pay their staff more? How can they be expected to stay in business through such pathetic means? Does it look well on them?

I appear cheapskate because I did not tip the guy last night. I was pissed for the very bad experience. You know the spa even have signs in the toilet encouraging customers to tip max amount to tip?

Seriously if they deserve to be paid more, just increase price and pay the staff more! Don't have to be do pathetic.

From what you have described, I see no reasons to give them any tips. They came into Singapore to find decent work. If they cannot do so, then they should just go home. Why should we dig into our pockets to help finance such foreigners when the money could be put to better use for ourselves, especially when we don't even know if the sob story is for real? We Singaporeans are being too kind and gullible for our own good.

But why did you go there for a massage in the first place?

It was late night. I was tired and I wanted a good massage with nice smelling oil and spa environment. Singapore is not Bangkok and not all people who gay spa or men's spa is there for sex.

It was late night. I was tired and I wanted a good massage with nice smelling oil and spa environment. Singapore is not Bangkok and not all people who gay spa or men's spa is there for sex.

What I meant was why did you go there when there are perhaps so many other spas, maybe even straight ones, to visit in the first place? Have you been there before to know that they have nice smelling oil and spa environment? Anyway, once bitten twice shy. You shouldn't worry about not tipping at all. They don't deserve any.

Thanks for the assurance. I am on work trip and busy whole day. Only time to chill is after 9pm. This Shuang Spa happened to be near. Do recommend better placed near by. Thanks again

I have been a regular customer at Shuang Spa, and several times I have quite pleasant experience with the masseur but there is 3 times I meet with this uncle and have traumatic experience.

First Time

The first time I meet this uncle, I walk in the shop, and the uncle who sits at front desk, look at me and looks very lecherous and interested with me. So he leave his front desk job (welcoming customer) and choose to massage me, while I still see several cute boys at the area but the uncle insist on massaging me.

At the massage I choose not to have extra service but the uncle force me and even asked for $50. Then I say I don't want and his erected kkj begin to rub my body and I was disgusted but was forced to pay $50.

Second Time

The second time, there is no other masseur (I didn't see), probably they are in the room and the uncle who sit at front desk job immediately jump out and offer to massage me, when I see him I already sianz, and feel very disgusted being molested by old uncle (who shuang spa choose as their staff). Then at massage AGAIN I said I dont want extra service, and he finally ok with me and I tips him $20 since he chit chat a lot to me (pretending to be kind but doesn't have mirror at his home).

Third Time

This time I walk in and AGAIN SAW THIS OLD UNCLE WHO SHUANG SPA choose as staff. I want to leave the shop immediately but I can't since I already drink the tea he offer. And OK, this time I say I don't want extra service and the old uncle finally know that I dislike him (who come to the shop and only get massage but not extra?).

Then after I leave, I DIDN'T TIPS HIM A SINGLE CENT to leave him strong impression that I HATE HIM. STOP MOLESTING ME!

And for your info, why didn't I know his name? BECAUSE HE NEVER give me receipt! While several times I went there the other cute masseur always give me receipt and asked me to rate them but not this uncle! That's why I didn't know his name and never had a chance to rate him

That's why I rant here.

Any guys got molested by Shuang Spa staff? Kindly leave your comment here!

I actually want to go immediately. i let him massage hoping to tell him that this was the final time i want to see him after the chit chat actually i told him i prefer other masseur when he massage me the second time. But he didnt seem to understand and keeps let his kkj to think instead.

I am so angry that i cant sleep at this hour. Really mad! I put budget every month for massage and this month is wasted with no HE massage and feeling dirty being molested by old uncle who shuang spa choose as staff. I am wondering why the other masseur and this uncle has such huge age gap whether shuang spa employ him to scare their customers

Edited by lecherousuncle

I have been a regular customer at Shuang Spa, and several times I have quite pleasant experience with the masseur but there is 3 times I meet with this uncle and have traumatic experience.

First Time

The first time I meet this uncle, I walk in the shop, and the uncle who sits at front desk, look at me and looks very lecherous and interested with me. So he leave his front desk job (welcoming customer) and choose to massage me, while I still see several cute boys at the area but the uncle insist on massaging me.

At the massage I choose not to have extra service but the uncle force me and even asked for $50. Then I say I don't want and his erected kkj begin to rub my body and I was disgusted but was forced to pay $50.

Second Time

The second time, there is no other masseur (I didn't see), probably they are in the room and the uncle who sit at front desk job immediately jump out and offer to massage me, when I see him I already sianz, and feel very disgusted being molested by old uncle (who shuang spa choose as their staff). Then at massage AGAIN I said I dont want extra service, and he finally ok with me and I tips him $20 since he chit chat a lot to me (pretending to be kind but doesn't have mirror at his home).

Third Time

This time I walk in and AGAIN SAW THIS OLD UNCLE WHO SHUANG SPA choose as staff. I want to leave the shop immediately but I can't since I already drink the tea he offer. And OK, this time I say I don't want extra service and the old uncle finally know that I dislike him (who come to the shop and only get massage but not extra?).

Then after I leave, I DIDN'T TIPS HIM A SINGLE CENT to leave him strong impression that I HATE HIM. STOP MOLESTING ME!

And for your info, why didn't I know his name? BECAUSE HE NEVER give me receipt! While several times I went there the other cute masseur always give me receipt and asked me to rate them but not this uncle! That's why I didn't know his name and never had a chance to rate him

That's why I rant here.

I actually want to go immediately. i let him massage hoping to tell him that this was the final time i want to see him after the chit chat actually i told him i prefer other masseur when he massage me the second time. But he didnt seem to understand and keeps let his kkj to think instead.

I am so angry that i cant sleep at this hour. Really mad! I put budget every month for massage and this month is wasted with no HE massage and feeling dirty being molested by old uncle who shuang spa choose as staff. I am wondering why the other masseur and this uncle has such huge age gap whether shuang spa employ him to scare their customers

Do you know why you are being targeted?

The first two time he touches you, you did not sternly and forcefully show him your bad face and or slap his hands that touches you. And because of your inability to react his passes, he "knows" (speculative) that you are the type that can't say no in a forceful way.  Once you let them (the predators) knows that you don't know how to protect yourself.  You are done for.  They will keep coming at you every time they see you.

You must be those decent type whom are non confrontational. Can only complain at the back (which is what you are doing here). Now, here are a few suggestions you can try:

1. Take down the date, time and place and say that you will make a complain to his boss. If he is the boss, then tell him that you go to the authorities to say that you had been molested. I am sure you won't go to the authorities because you are afraid to get yourself into unnecessary trouble with the authorities for visiting such establishment. Then too bad for you.

2. Avoid going there as long as he is still working there.  If he is the boss, then avoid that place totally.

Hope it helps.

Just my 2 cents.

First Time

Second Time

Third Time

That's why I rant here.

I went to Shuang Spa, but have quite a good experience there. You can request to have a therapist which you are comfortable with, after all, you are the paying customer. If you do not like, you can take your leave. The aim of going to the Spa is to relax and not create an uncomfortable experience for yourself. :)

I went to Shuang Spa, but have quite a good experience there. You can request to have a therapist which you are comfortable with, after all, you are the paying customer. If you do not like, you can take your leave. The aim of going to the Spa is to relax and not create an uncomfortable experience for yourself. :)

are you sure? I have been there for more than a year, NEVER did they ever ONCE offer me to choose the therapist

especially when that lecherous uncle around, whenever he saw me, he will jump out his front desk job and massage me, I bet he told others that I choose him!

Last time few weeks just went to shuang spa and here is a little review.

The reception very friendly and very attentive. Great hospitality. The reception told me all the boy here are well train. So they provided few kind of aromatic oil to let us choose before massage.

Anyway i really enjoy the massage. Strong pressure, right strength and good techniques. Prefect.

are you sure? I have been there for more than a year, NEVER did they ever ONCE offer me to choose the therapist

especially when that lecherous uncle around, whenever he saw me, he will jump out his front desk job and massage me, I bet he told others that I choose him!

You can request to the therapist. I went there and was allowed to have someone whom I feel comfortable with. 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Went last Friday early afternoon. A bit tricky to find perhaps for a foreigner like me but once you've been there once, it's easy to find next time. Once you come in, the boys at the counter will remind you that this is an all-male spa. And I was like, yeah! LOL! I availed of the afternoon promo, $99 for a 60min massage plus a 20 min extension. In hindsight, the 60min massage plus the 30min scrub might have been a better option. Anyway, my therapist was a cute Malaysian-Chinese named Lance. He led me to the room which had its own shower. Massage itself was decent. He then whispered and offered 30 reasons to be happy and 80 reasons to be even happier. I wanted to be really happy so I opted for the 80 reasons. It was okay. Then after I finished smiling, he took a shower and asked me to join him. Overall good experience, not the best, but good still.

PS There's a nice cafe called The Reading Room to the left of the spa where you can recharge with coffee and a snack. 

Edited by ballisfine

• 9 months later...
On 10/16/2016 at 8:00 AM, recklessbootlegger said:

Been there too. TIPS. That's all they are after. Ambience is good. But attitude of the masseurs is really bad. 

Yea been there once, once you say no to their special service, the attitude can change. 

After I rejected, he continued to try and make me horny. But I really wanted to relieve my sore muscles so didnt gave in.

Service was not up to standard after I shower and got out they were just in a hurry to rush me out. Didnt get to enjoy fully on the tea they served after that.

• 9 months later...

Massage was bad, did not hit any point. 

Was served by the Malaysian boy who was at the counter, did not think he was going to do the massage as well.

Expected, the massage was weak.

In the whole session, his main aim is to try to make you hard and once you are, he will ask if you want the extra services.

Overall was very mediocre, price is definitely very high!

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2017 at 10:36 AM, ballisfine said:

Went last Friday early afternoon. A bit tricky to find perhaps for a foreigner like me but once you've been there once, it's easy to find next time. Once you come in, the boys at the counter will remind you that this is an all-male spa. And I was like, yeah! LOL! I availed of the afternoon promo, $99 for a 60min massage plus a 20 min extension. In hindsight, the 60min massage plus the 30min scrub might have been a better option. Anyway, my therapist was a cute Malaysian-Chinese named Lance. He led me to the room which had its own shower. Massage itself was decent. He then whispered and offered 30 reasons to be happy and 80 reasons to be even happier. I wanted to be really happy so I opted for the 80 reasons. It was okay. Then after I finished smiling, he took a shower and asked me to join him. Overall good experience, not the best, but good still.

PS There's a nice cafe called The Reading Room to the left of the spa where you can recharge with coffee and a snack. 

Pm me. Thanks

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, dcyt78 said:

Water spa, sister company of Shuang, Winston provides good massage, right pressure and spot.  Nice built. Can try.

Hi dcyt78, winston that you are referring is from waterspa or shuangspa? What is his build? Mind to share a little bit more details?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Lance has always been my go-to masseur. His massage style is great and relaxing for me and suits well to my body. I also tried Jacob and Elvin one or few times and their massage skills were also good. I think Lance and Jacob have quite similar massage techniques, clean massage, and both have warm hands but I prefer Lance more as his massage strokes and the amount of pressure applied is on point for my physique and he is my type. Elvin is more on pressure point pressing if you prefer this style. You can also try their other masseurs and see whose massage is suitable for you as massage and masseur preference may differ. The spa itself is nice and what I also like about the place is each massage room has its own shower which makes it easier to take a bath before massage and to clean up the oils after massage. This is solely based on my personal experience and may differ to what others have experienced or to what you may experience! 🙂

Edited by deg143

On 11/9/2018 at 10:10 PM, Reganboy said:

Massage was bad, did not hit any point. 

Was served by the Malaysian boy who was at the counter, did not think he was going to do the massage as well.

Expected, the massage was weak.

In the whole session, his main aim is to try to make you hard and once you are, he will ask if you want the extra services.

Overall was very mediocre, price is definitely very high!

Exactly, they are unprofessional! Don't pay attention on massage and dare to ask $50 to $150 for EXTRA

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...