Male HQ

Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore

Guest Newie

http://women.asiaone.com/women/beauty/5-things-you-should-know-about-singapores-very-first-japanese-onsen

5 things you should know about Singapore's very first Japanese onsen

Andrea SaadanAsiaOneSaturday, May 28, 2016

Have you always yearned to soak your weary body into the hot spring baths at Japan's relaxing 'onsens'? Well, you're in luck because Singapore's first spa offering authentic Japanese-style public baths has opened its doors.

Located at Kallang Wave Mall, Yunomori Onsen & Spa features 11 pools with six variations of baths. 'Onsen' means 'hot spring' in Japanese but it generally refers to traditional public baths in Japan. The onsen experience is important for many in Japan because of its health benefits such as helping to relax the muscles as well as alleviating problems like rheumatic, arthritic aches or even mental stress.

The spa's general manager Yuya Egawa told AsiaOne at the spa's grand opening that when he first moved to Singapore, what he missed most about Japan was an authentic onsen experience. "What we do as Japanese is to just go home, fill up our bath tub, take our clothes off and sink into the hot tub," Egawa said.

"Just empty your mind, sink into the tub and relax." For those who are clueless about Japanese spas, here are five things you need to know about Singapore's very first onsen.

1. No time limit for visitors

The entrance fee for adults is priced at $38+ for the entire day. This means you can take your time and literally soak in the experience.

For the ladies, there are a total of five different pools to choose from - soda spa, jet bath, bubble bath, silk bath and hot bath. Men also have the same options, as well as an extra pool that is the hot bath. We were told that saunas and hot baths could be too drying on the skin for ladies to enjoy which is why these are only offered to the men.

2. You don't have to be fully naked

Thankfully for us, the founders of Yunomori Onsen & Spa understand that we Singaporeans are pretty conservative and are a shy lot. Therefore, the spa offers disposable undergarments for both men and women. Yes, we can hear your sigh of relief.

3. Japanese technology is used to treat the pool water

Visitors are encouraged to start off their onsen experience by entering the Soda Spa, as the pool is enriched with a high concentration of natural carbon dioxide. The water is treated using technology imported directly from Japan. There is also the Bubble Bath, which is imbued with minerals and is also set at the perfect temperature to ensure guests walk away feeling rejuvenated.

4. Thai massages available

It might seem unusual but there are Thai spa treatments available at the spa. This is because Yunomori Onsen & Spa was founded in Thailand, by a Japanese team no less, who wanted to bring their homeland a little closer to them. Additionally, all of the products used in the spa - from toiletries to massage oils - are by Puri Alchemy, which is one of Thailand's leading spa brands. The brand's products are also organic and free of chemicals.

5. Cafe and lounge for post-spa relaxation

Since you can stay in the spa for as long as you want, why not stick around for a meal? The spa's cafe offers Japanese cuisine and meals are prepared on the spot. Visitors are also encouraged to take a nap in the lounge after they are done soaking in the pools.

Egawa, who is also close to the Japanese community in Singapore, said he hopes that the onsen culture will pick up in Singapore. He expects the spa to be very popular here especially because of the "long queues" that form outside their outlet in Bangkok. For now, the spa's priority is to maintain "a very good standard" in Singapore and to provide Japanese-style hospitality to guests.

So there - going to an onsen doesn't have involve an expensive vacation anymore. Yay!

Another field report... Just came out after spending 4 hrs..

The onsen is mandatory nude.. only one small towel is allowed which dosent hide anything.. most of the guys do not even bother to try after a few minutes.. 

The layout is very good.. all the pools are in a semicircular fashion.. sitting in the jet pool, the is a good view of everyone and alll pools..

It seems to be quite popular, probably because its saturday evening.. i saw atleast 30 to 40 guys, most were young and in good shape.. very few uncles.. almost all Japanese or Asian.. would be nice to see some diversity though..

Food is pricy but good..

Imho, this is the best spa in Singapore.. and good value for money..

And another review 

http://danielfooddiary.com/2016/05/28/yunomori/

Soon my review here next week haha. Went twice to the Bangkok one last week. 

And stop comparing the prices with Bangkok. Obviously it won't be the same prices. Do you compare taxi, food, massages in Bangkok with Singapore?....  Results will always be the same: more expensive here than in BKK....

Most spas in Singapore charge that price or even more (but free flow food and drinks)

Edited by Enelym1978

i went today too.

just to contribute my field report.

All ppl go naked. well very glad the atmosphere was good, felt very much like oversea.

however some local do not know how to onsen like never shower first or put towel into pool

Hope over time will improve, since they may not went to oversea one do not know the manners yet.

i went 2 rounds of onsen, first round i felt kind of too warm and singapore warm so kind of not as enjoyable as japan where there are outdoor onsen the air is cold but the pool is hot. this onsen still cannot beat that.  

After that i went to the resting area, aircon also quite weak and i even sweat there, and the yukata quite thick.

after resting for about 1-2 hrs i went for second round and surprisingly this round more adaptable to the temperature.

crowd wise, i felt the number just nice not too crowded at the same time not too quiet.  if too crowded and so many ppl in the same pool also won't feel relax

quite a few cuties and elderly but all well behave including the daughter that japanese bring, i am totally fine with kids there so long as the behave.

just surprise why all daughter and no son?

from what i see no one use the disposable undies, even though i saw a basket for u to throw the disposable undies.

i saw 2 friends come together and apparently shy and i head the uncle staff advice them to go naked and say u will get used to it. and they give it a try.

one of them more open did not cover his private so tightly with towel, the other one so scared ppl see his ku ku jiao cover until when he almost go into water then remove the towel and go down fast and face no one hahah....

generally a nice place but aircon can be stronger and hope dun become crowded till too squeeze.  

Oh just second day the step to the pool some start to peel off, they got a layer of material to make it less slippery, the tv in the sauna not showing anything.

The changing room can get a bit squeeze if more than 20 ppl there at the same time.  i saw the last number was like 135, if really 135 ppl come at the same time will be nightmare.

Edited by bradlee

Guest Daniel Tham

Wow...all guys are naked in the onsen, got children in the onsen. Small towel is allow to bring into the onsen. Shiok...i enjoyed my bath. 

If a guy wear a disposal pant, everyone in the onsen will piss off by him.

Today got a Black....look good, and got Japanese teenagers....all look good.

1 minute ago, Guest Daniel Tham said:

Wow...all guys are naked in the onsen, got children in the onsen. Small towel is allow to bring into the onsen. Shiok...i enjoyed my bath. 

If a guy wear a disposal pant, everyone in the onsen will piss off by him.

Today got a Black....look good, and got Japanese teenagers....all look good.

i saw japanese leh but not teenager? some teenagers but look local to me.  

hi , went to yunomori onsen today , and I must say it's a very nice and relaxing place. First of all , I am quite surprise that when I first step in to the onsen , all is nude ! no one was wearing the diposable underwear ! so Singaporeans is not that shy after all. And that small towel can't really cover anything. Saw a few Japanese and some even bring their son and daughter into the onsen. Even though there is children but they are not noisy and not running around. They behave very well and following their dad around. And there is one encounter where I happen to be naked and walked  to the dressing room then I saw one of the guest small daughter at the dressing room , I was shocked and quickly cover my private area with the towel ! lol 

yes everyone is naked ! I have been to other spa before like spa1 , hotspa , urban spa and g spa. Mostly all went in with shorts and in the pool too. But in this onsen I was actually quite surprise that none of then wear disposable underwear , so actually one must be nude and others will also follow nude. because they Don wanna be the odd one wearing underwear. And beside that the staff uncle will encourage you to be naked. 

Guest Daniel Tham
9 minutes ago, bradlee said:

i saw japanese leh but not teenager? some teenagers but look local to me.  

I was in the bubble bath just beside the Japanese teenager, together with his father. They speak Japanese, they look like local Chinese.....but they really Japenis..

6 minutes ago, Guest Naked said:

U mean every naked? Male and female, young and old bath tgt? Like mass orgy?:yuk:

Yes, everyone is naked.

You dirty mind....alway think about orgy! Male and Female baths are separated. How can bath together!

There are 2 fat HongKees told me that Bangkok Yunomori onsen is smaller than Singapore.... they enjoyed the onsen...here very much. Unfortunately, Singapore Yunomori resting area is very small. In future, 2 guys share a bed.....haha....

Just now, Guest Daniel Tham said:

I was in the bubble bath just beside the Japanese teenager, together with his father. They speak Japanese, they look like local Chinese.....but they really Japenis..

Yes, everyone is naked.

You dirty mind....alway think about orgy! Male and Female baths are separated. How can bath together!

There are 2 fat HongKees told me that Bangkok Yunomori onsen is smaller than Singapore.... they enjoyed the onsen...here very much. Unfortunately, Singapore Yunomori resting area is very small. In future, 2 guys share a bed.....haha....

nice so i should have seen u....

I will definitely go again.  I enjoy the pools and sauna and steam room. It's okay for me because I prefer not too hot. But I am still the odd one there thought because I am shaved down there. so only me walking around with a shaved cock. lol

3 minutes ago, RedMoon said:

yes everyone is naked ! I have been to other spa before like spa1 , hotspa , urban spa and g spa. Mostly all went in with shorts and in the pool too. But in this onsen I was actually quite surprise that none of then wear disposable underwear , so actually one must be nude and others will also follow nude. because they Don wanna be the odd one wearing underwear. And beside that the staff uncle will encourage you to be naked. 

yes and u felt relax no hanky pinky all well behave so nice.... of all the spa u mentioned i only went hotspa ya all wear shorts so defeat the purpose, that time i just came back from japan so i went into the pool at hotspa naked and i saw ppl start to point at my direction and talk dunno what.

2 minutes ago, RedMoon said:

I will definitely go again.  I enjoy the pools and sauna and steam room. It's okay for me because I prefer not too hot. But I am still the odd one there thought because I am shaved down there. so only me walking around with a shaved cock. lol

I think i know who u are... cos i only saw one shaved cock hahaha.. are you with a friend, i think he also shaved but some hair grow back keke.

to be frank hope u dun mind your friend looks cuter haha but u also good looking...

I used to go to Spa1 with my SG friend and we always went butt naked trying to encourage people to go bare. No one was looking at us strangely. They didn't really care. An initial look and that's it :D

Looking at the last review online, those disposable undies are so ugly that I doubt anyone will wear them. 

What surprises me is that some of you said some fathers came with their daughters??? In the same section?....

2 minutes ago, Enelym1978 said:

I used to go to Spa1 with my SG friend and we always went butt naked trying to encourage people to go bare. No one was looking at us strangely. They didn't really care. An initial look and that's it :D

Looking at the last review online, those disposable undies are so ugly that I doubt anyone will wear them. 

What surprises me is that some of you said some fathers came with their daughters??? In the same section?....

yes but little daughters, i think they have a ruling must be below certain age like 6 or what.  saw one really cute and well behave. dun mind having kids like this around

i cannot imagine those ill behave one start shouting and running around, i will ask the staff uncle chase them out. 

yes indeed , maybe because of the place and the environment settings. Because when people came to the onsen , in their mind they should know onsen  is a Japanese culture and they go in naked.  So when i first time went in , in my mind I will also naturally follow the culture. But in other spa , no culture there or history. just a normal spa so people scared to be naked and be the odd one there.

Guest Alehlulia
1 hour ago, Enelym1978 said:

And another review 

http://danielfooddiary.com/2016/05/28/yunomori/

Soon my review here next week haha. Went twice to the Bangkok one last week. 

And stop comparing the prices with Bangkok. Obviously it won't be the same prices. Do you compare taxi, food, massages in Bangkok with Singapore?....  Results will always be the same: more expensive here than in BKK....

Most spas in Singapore charge that price or even more (but free flow food and drinks)

Daniel food diary , the blog is written by a guy who goes to an evangelical church affiliated to  hill-song church in australia - 

he Mentions that in one if the reviews 

i wonder if his trip to this onsen will bring judge mental like minded evangelical charismatic Christians there and then gawk at the hunky guys 

33 minutes ago, RedMoon said:

hi , went to yunomori onsen today , and I must say it's a very nice and relaxing place. First of all , I am quite surprise that when I first step in to the onsen , all is nude ! no one was wearing the diposable underwear ! so Singaporeans is not that shy after all. And that small towel can't really cover anything. Saw a few Japanese and some even bring their son and daughter into the onsen. Even though there is children but they are not noisy and not running around. They behave very well and following their dad around. And there is one encounter where I happen to be naked and walked  to the dressing room then I saw one of the guest small daughter at the dressing room , I was shocked and quickly cover my private area with the towel ! lol 

Maybe the daughter will ask her father why that guy no hair one haha

Guest Daniel Tham
6 minutes ago, Wicked_dude said:

let us plan to go together next time.. and take some of our non-Asian friends also.. having some whites will be good.. 

There are few whites today....and there is an outstanding white, very big size....his cock is very big, those went to onsen will know. He wore a brown yukata to f&b....

21 minutes ago, bradlee said:

nice so i should have seen u....

Haha...i think you have seen me. But i am not very sure you are bradlee in bw. I saw you always went out to the water cooler. Are you the one? Tall and thin :P

The staff uncle encouraged everyone go naked....better don't give out disposable pant. I find it is very weird in the Japanese onsen. 

14 minutes ago, bradlee said:

Maybe the daughter will ask her father why that guy no hair one haha

you saw me ? yes indeed I think I am the only one with a shaved cock  there at that time. you said I was with a friend? nope I went there alone today. But  was approached by a Japanese guy quite young talking to me in Japanese and I told him I not Japan. lol maybe he thought I am Japanese too. 

4 minutes ago, RedMoon said:

you saw me ? yes indeed I think I am the only one with a shaved cock  there at that time. you said I was with a friend? nope I went there alone today. But  was approached by a Japanese guy quite young talking to me in Japanese and I told him I not Japan. lol maybe he thought I am Japanese too. 

so must be you lah i saw u2 talking tot he is your friend and u 2 walk tgt to all pools and sauna, he is cute , dun u think he is shaved too just grow back some.

6 minutes ago, Guest Daniel Tham said:

There are few whites today....and there is an outstanding white, very big size....his cock is very big, those went to onsen will know. He wore a brown yukata to f&b....

Haha...i think you have seen me. But i am not very sure you are bradlee in bw. I saw you always went out to the water cooler. Are you the one? Tall and thin :P

The staff uncle encouraged everyone go naked....better don't give out disposable pant. I find it is very weird in the Japanese onsen. 

ya hot and thirsty 

3 minutes ago, bradlee said:

so must be you lah i saw u2 talking tot he is your friend and u 2 walk tgt to all pools and sauna, he is cute , dun u think he is shaved too just grow back some.

ya he talked to me in Japanese. lol. but I did not walk together with him to all pools and sauna leh. he only talked to me once and then left liao. Until now also dunno what he saying. Which one are you though? give some hint maybe I can recall 

1 minute ago, RedMoon said:

ya he talked to me in Japanese. lol. but I did not walk together with him to all pools and sauna leh. he only talked to me once and then left liao. Until now also dunno what he saying. Which one are you though? give some hint maybe I can recall 

i was the one naked walking around hahahahaa my cock not shave. i keep drinking water.  oh i was with 2 of u in the same pool 

Guest Daniel Tham3
4 minutes ago, bradlee said:

ya hot and thirsty 

You can rest (sit) on the chair, no need to dip so long in the baths. If u are going tomorrow afternoon, i will say Hi to you.

I hate those technician come in so often in the onsen just to see cocks....they should do it in the morning for repairing. 

2 minutes ago, bradlee said:

ya can recall?

yes yes can recall liao. that time I just went in nia to the first pool. haha. next time I think we all should have a sign. A BW sign. when you looked at me I looked at you then make  the sign and you make the sign.  at least can know who is from BW too. then can chit chat talk ma. if not alone go there also sibeh boring lo 

1 minute ago, Guest Daniel Tham3 said:

You can rest (sit) on the chair, no need to dip so long in the baths. If u are going tomorrow afternoon, i will say Hi to you.

I hate those technician come in so often in the onsen just to see cocks....they should do it in the morning for repairing. 

cannot afford to go daily

There was also a guy who fell asleep in the sauna,  occupying and entire 2 decks of seats. 'Having less space',  the rest of us have to sit closer to one another due to lack of seats.  Good job sauna sleeper! Not complaining though. Lol

Halo
Question
Since the japanese food is pricy as i saw the menu frm one of those blog
If we stay whole day, Are we allowed to step out and grab lunch/dinner outside then continue our session afterwards?

Guest Daniel Tham
10 minutes ago, Guest Tut said:

Halo
Question
Since the japanese food is pricy as i saw the menu frm one of those blog
If we stay whole day, Are we allowed to step out and grab lunch/dinner outside then continue our session afterwards?

As long as you don't return the locker key, you can come back for onsen again.

You need to keep your towels in the locker. Addition towels are charged.

Beside this, you can buy maki and sushi from NTUC below to bring in he resting area or corner in he resturant to eat. Yunomori Restorant don't sell sashimi, maki and sushi. 

Guest Daniel Tham
6 hours ago, RedMoon said:

yes yes can recall liao. that time I just went in nia to the first pool. haha. next time I think we all should have a sign. A BW sign. when you looked at me I looked at you then make  the sign and you make the sign.  at least can know who is from BW too. then can chit chat talk ma. if not alone go there also sibeh boring lo 

What is BW sign? So that i can know you are Red Moon! 

3 hours ago, Guest Tet said:

Anyone can assist to take pic of how big is the small towel and also how ugly is the disposable undwear?
Thanks

why u posted twice using a diff nick? get an account lah

the small towel is the usual face towel size not enough to go round your waist but enough to cover your private, unless yours is cow horse dick when flaccid, or u worried u might erect? so far i did not see anyone erect ok.  i never see the disposable underwear, and i hope i won't be seeing anyone wear it.  i think one of the post here with a link to some review has the pic.  please do not wear it and spoilt the onsen culture if u already if this thoughts.  well if u super shy to be naked either u don't come or u got to overcome your shyness 

1 hour ago, Guest Daniel Tham said:

As long as you don't return the locker key, you can come back for onsen again.

You need to keep your towels in the locker. Addition towels are charged.

Beside this, you can buy maki and sushi from NTUC below to bring in he resting area or corner in he resturant to eat. Yunomori Restorant don't sell sashimi, maki and sushi. 

you mean they allow outside food? did u ask them or u presume it is okay to bring outside food to resting area?

so if i keep the locker key, if i am free the whole day, can i go like in the morning for one round of onsen, whole afternoon go out say watch a movie shopping sports etc then evening come back to onsen again?

Edited by bradlee

Guest guest

Are we given more than one towel? Eg, towel for wiping dry ourselves or sitting ? Is the environment hot or air conditioned?

We were given 2 white towels..  One normal and one small rectangular towel. The place is air condition in ambient temperature.  Can be a bit too warm in the relaxation lounge. 

I asked the receptionist but re entry to the faculty is not allowed once you step out of the door.... 

Edited by eerroorr

Guest guest

The relaxation lounge is away from the pools area? People relax on the chairs naked or covered? Any inhouse movie? 384

Guest Daniel Tham
56 minutes ago, bradlee said:

you mean they allow outside food? did u ask them or u presume it is okay to bring outside food to resting area?

so if i keep the locker key, if i am free the whole day, can i go like in the morning for one round of onsen, whole afternoon go out say watch a movie shopping sports etc then evening come back to onsen again?

I did it yesterday which i just followed the Japanese family.

When i was checking out, the Japanese family wanted to bring their children to the waterpool playground (on top of Yunomori, Level 3), so the counter staff are ok for them to bring their children to the water playground, and come back later for 2nd time onsen. As long as you don't return the locker key, it is ok. You just prepare yourself another pair of slippers to walk out. Luckily i have a pair of new slippers which i bought it last 2 days, so i went out and came back at 8pm after meeting my friends for dinner.

When you return the locker key, you are not allow to use the onsen again, you need to pay for it.

In the resting area, i saw some local bought their camel bag in,  they just ate their bread and banana. After resting, they went back onsen again. It tells that bringing your own food is ok. Maybe you can tell them you dislike Japanese food....allergy. haha.

In addition, there are 2 lady smokers, wearing the yukata out to smoke their cigarettes, ending up in Burger King to have their dinner there. You can wear the slippers out provided in the toilet.

31 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Are we given more than one towel? Eg, towel for wiping dry ourselves or sitting ? Is the environment hot or air conditioned?

Addition towel is chageable. They give1 big and 1 small.

The environment is air conditioned with aroma.

• G_M locked this topic