Male HQ

Great Food After The Sauna

Peter

Singapore has several gay sauna. Would like a thread to share ideas of good eatery that BW-sauna-goers patronise after some strenous action in the the sauna. Can share recommendation of meals that we can do alone or with new-found-sauna-friends.

Diamond is at Jalan Sultan

There is a very famous Fish Head steamboat - "Nan Hua Chong Fishhead Steamboat". It is located opposite the OCBC branch across the road.

The local Chinese Papers did a review of all the steamboats in Singapore and ranked it their TOP choice. On top of delicious steamboat, it also does chinese cooking of vegetables, hor-fun etc to supplement the steamboat. Best enjoyed with friends after the cold sauna with your sauna-mates.

A steamboat goes for $20. Enough for 2-3 person but you need rice ++.

Afternote: There are apparently 2 similarly named Nan Hua Chong Fishhead steamboat at Jalan Sultan. The "original one" is the one name Nam Huan Chong (Ah Qiu) Fishhead steamboat. When you are walking from Diamond towards OCBC, the famous one is on your left hand side.

There is a very famous Fish Head steamboat - "Nan Hua Chong Fishhead Steamboat". It is located opposite the OCBC branch across the road.

The local Chinese Papers did a review of all the steamboats in Singapore and ranked it their TOP choice. On top of delicious steamboat, it also does chinese cooking of vegetables, hor-fun etc to supplement the steamboat. Best enjoyed with friends after the cold sauna with your sauna-mates.

Not sure abt the steam boat fishhead, but the hor fun is lousy, and the ginger-onion pork rice sucks.

After 17, I always head over to Central for the Marutama ramen. Expect very long queues for the tokyo style ramen and the very sexy japanese daddy manager. Alternatively, the fish and chips at Fisherman's Wharf is quite nice. If I am very lucky at the sauna, my new date is always impressed with the indian buffet by the river at the Riverwalk Tandoor or the lovely wines at Riccotti's.

TMC is great for suppers at the trendy Tanjong Pagar area. Unfortunately, most of the good stores in Maxwell are closed in the evening. I like to head over to Buko Nero to see if they have any last minute cancellations. And my favourite seduction spot, Broth is just around the corner.

Unfortunately, TC is surrounded by very bad hawker food. Before 2359, I usually have a light dinner at some of the usual places in City Hall or the famous claypot rice in the basement of Penisula Plaza. After making love for hours to a very sexy guy one FMP not too long ago, we dined at the ultra stylish Novus @ the new National Museum, just 5 min walk. The food there was so good that we were rejuvenated and ready for more dessert !! :D

I was at Nam Hua Chong Fish Head Steamboat yesterday with mum for dinner.

She order a garoupa fishhead steamboat, sambal kang kong with cuttlefish and omelete.

The fishhead steamboat is nice, but I think the soup is abit too sweet, funny thing is, I cannot get a trace of sugar taste, its probably a mixture of boiling the fish bone with pig bone and rock sugar. I would say the soup is fine.

But the sambal kangkong with cuttle fish and omelette is disappointing. The sambal is the sweetest I have ever tried in my life, and its not hot or spicy at all.... kangkong and cuttlefish overcook...

The omelette is also over cook, very brown on the outside....

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Maxwell food market (near TMC)

I would recommend 3 stall.

1. Hainanese Curry Rice - Stall name is Hokkien Street, right at the end (maybe the last 3rd stall) of the centre row, on the right side facing URA. Nice porkchop, but the curry is sweet.

2. Fish soup - real teochew style using batang fish and lots of tang ho (

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

• 1 month later...

OneSeven and Shogun now are located one street apart close to each other.

There is a row of shophouses spanning the 2 streets offering some good food.

SongFa Bak-Ku-Teh

It is newly open. The meat soup is light and good taste. Can add some vegetable to the bak-ku-teh.

Fisherman Wharf

Cheap and good Fish and Chip going for $6.50 The drinks at $2 is slight expensive.

No aircon.

Le Shi Shuan

This is the chinese eatery next to Fisherman Wharf.

The claypot rice is a good choice. For those with company, can go ala carte.

• 10 years later...

Since TMC is just near Chinatown, my go to place is the Thai food below I like the red and green curry (and to see cute ang mohs) and other instances I do mingle with people at Mcdonald's in Chinatown, many eye candy too.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

After KB, just cross the street and go to The Central‘s basement and you‘ll find Once Upon a Thyme. I like the Spicy Meal Balls spaghetti and this owned by a Filipino friend and his Singaporean wife. 

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, repressednerd said:

So far most of the saunas are very close to each other so many folks go to Maxwell after leaving the sauna. Save for Keybox where they might just go to those shops along the street or go to Central basement.

Are there many places to eat near Tmc? 

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.