Male HQ

Where Is The Best Place For Retirement?

Guest Retiring Soon

All foreign immigration department sets strict and lengthy process. First, you need to have a substantial cash bank deposit or investment. General guidelines is US$500,000 for asian countries and US$1.2m outside of Asia. You need to provide proof of future income for living expenses derived from outside of the respective country. A certificate of good health is mandatory. Certain country require you to be proficient and certified in their spoken language and attained a certain level of education etc etc etc. I can go on but it's best to check with the respective embassy/High Commission.

Those unable to meet the criteria but have fallen in love with that particular country can always do a visa run once a month; Thailand being the easiest.

All foreign immigration department sets strict and lengthy process. First, you need to have a substantial cash bank deposit or investment. General guidelines is US$500,000 for asian countries and US$1.2m outside of Asia. You need to provide proof of future income for living expenses derived from outside of the respective country. A certificate of good health is mandatory. Certain country require you to be proficient and certified in their spoken language and attained a certain level of education etc etc etc. I can go on but it's best to check with the respective embassy/High Commission.

Those unable to meet the criteria but have fallen in love with that particular country can always do a visa run once a month; Thailand being the easiest.

I believe you have done the research before posting this. Care to give the sources of your prelim information saying outside Asia US$1.2million before we move to that particular country. Tks

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

I believe you have done the research before posting this. Care to give the sources of your prelim information saying outside Asia US$1.2million before we move to that particular country. Tks

I cited a higher investment bracket(US$1,000,000 + 200,000) to cater for unforseen costs.

You can read it at:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/residency/investment.htm

http://www.usvisalawgroup.com/immigrant.html

Thanks for the info. It looks like I could only afford to emigrate to Papua New Guinea ot Timor Leste ... :D

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

thaiboyz, i agreed with u. The most u need to renew ur passport.. and at the same time look for a suitable place...

For me, i already decided to immgrate to thailand with my lao po.. haha :lol::lol:

But i really hope he is ok with it.. or just JB loh.. near to SG... :lol::lol:

If not just stay in sg loh.. haha Somewhere... in the condo?

haha

see how la

258yvky.jpg

For me, i already decided to immgrate to thailand with my lao po.. haha :lol::lol:

Skylancer, have you ever done any computation on living cost in Thailand? How much is the minimum monthly living cost based on average?

Of course, living cost in Bangkok is much more higher than northern part of Thailand.

For me, i already decided to immgrate to thailand with my lao po.. haha :lol:   :lol:

Skylancer, have you ever done any computation on living cost in Thailand? How much is the minimum monthly living cost based on average?

Of course, living cost in Bangkok is much more higher than northern part of Thailand.

Thailand has this Thailand Elite pass which allows a person to stay for a year and which is renewable every succeeding year as long as he doesn't break any laws. The catch is you have to invest 1 million baht, about $42000. Tourism Authority of Thailand website has the details. :hat:

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

thaiboyz, i agreed with u. The most u need to renew ur passport.. and at the same time look for a suitable place...

For me, i already decided to immgrate to thailand with my lao po.. haha :lol:   :lol:

But i really hope he is ok with it.. or just JB loh.. near to SG...  :lol:   :lol:

If not just stay in sg loh.. haha Somewhere... in the condo?

haha

see how la

Just stay put for few months and move on...and back here for few months...you will find that time passes fast and you would not be tied down to settle into one country.

Thailand has this Thailand Elite pass which allows a person to stay for a year and which is renewable every succeeding year as long as he doesn't break any laws. The catch is you have to invest 1 million baht, about $42000. Tourism Authority of Thailand website has the details. :hat:

Yeah, I visited the web Thailand Elite. No bad the privileges given by them, free medical check up, free golf green fees in Thailand Prime golf courses and so many other things. Must wait this evening Toto $1.60million draw .... hahaha :D

• Guest locked this topic