Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

• 4 weeks later...

NEWS: 4,079 new BTO flats launched for families & singles

SINGAPORE: The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has launched 4,079 new Build-To-Order (BTO) flats for families and singles.

3,861 flats are up for sale in Bukit Merah, Sengkang, and Yishun.

A total of 519 new two-room flats in Sengkang and Yishun will be offered in this BTO exercise.

301 units are in new BTO projects, and another 218 units from previous BTO exercises.

First-timer singles will enjoy up to 30 per cent of the two-room flat supply in these non-mature estates.

From Tuesday, eligible singles will be able to apply for new two-room flats in non-mature estates from HDB.

They must be first-timer single Singapore citizens earning up to S$5,000 per month and be 35 years old and above.

Singles who apply for these flats under the Joint Singles Scheme (JSS) will pay the same BTO price as married couples.

Singles who apply under the Single Singapore Citizen Scheme (SSC) will pay S$15,000 more than married couples.

HDB said singles who later marry will receive the CPF Housing Top-Up Grant of S$15,000 after marriage.

The government will also extend the Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) and the Special CPF Housing Grant (SHG) to eligible singles buying BTO flats.

Singles who apply under the SSC with a monthly income of up to S$2,500 can receive AHG of up to S$20,000.

Those with monthly income of up to S$1,125 can also receive additional SHG of up to S$10,000.

Singles who apply under the JSS with a combined monthly income of up to S$5,000 can receive AHG of up to S$40,000.

Those with a combined monthly income of up to S$2,250 can also receive additional SHG of up to S$20,000.

The selling price (including grants) of a two-room BTO flat in Yishun (Vine Grove@Yishun) starts from S$16,000.

With effect from Tuesday, the government will also extend the AHG to singles buying a resale flat in the open market.

The AHG will be up to S$20,000 for those who apply under the SSC and up to S$40,000 for those who apply under the JSS.

These will be on top of the CPF Housing Grant (S$15,000 under SSC and S$30,000 under JSS) that they would already be getting.

HDB said the extensions of AHG and SHG are intended to provide even more help to singles to buy their first flat.

Also with effect from this BTO launch, the monthly household income ceiling for families for two-room flats in non-mature estates will be increased from S$2,000 to S$5,000, to give more families the option to buy such flats.

From this BTO launch, a couple comprising a first-timer and a second-timer applicant will enjoy the same priority in flat allocation as families comprising two first-timers.

The priority for first-timer families includes a higher proportion of flat supply set aside for first timers, additional ballot chances and eligibility for schemes such as the Parenthood Priority Scheme and Parenthood Provisional Housing Scheme.

HDB said this change will help singles who subsequently marry after buying a two-room BTO flat, to purchase their new matrimonial flat.

It will also benefit reconstituted families comprising a first-timer and a second-timer applicant, such as divorcees who remarry.

HDB has also refined the application process for non-selection of flats.

From Tuesday, first-timer families who have their first-timer priorities suspended but continue not to book a flat when invited twice will have these priorities suspended for another year.

Second-timer families and singles who do not book a flat when invited twice to do so will not be able to participate in HDB's sales exercises for a period of one year.

HDB said this is to prevent applicants who are not ready to commit from depriving other applicants who are in urgent need of a flat.

HDB advised applicants to apply for a BTO flat in the non-mature estates of Sengkang or Yishun to increase their chances of securing a flat in the July 2013 BTO exercise.

Applications can be made online at the HDB InfoWEB from Tuesday to 5 August.

Condition for single to apply for BTO 2 rm flat is single has to pay $15k more. The application starts from today until 5 aug. So anyone plan to submit the application?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

not really considered pay more right, is other types will get more subsidy. you earn $1k+ can get half price according to the news haha. but a lot of units to choose from though. the leftover ones also a lot from previous BTO of 2rm, seems like not too popular.

Overall 2 rm flat doesnt seem to be popular, reason cld be due to the flat quite small for 2 persons and more to stay. So dun know whether this time application will be popular with singles or not? So single also can choose the leftover 2 rm?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Had anyone in BW also apply for the 2-Room BTO already? I had applied for the SengKang one cos it is very near to the LRT and the punggol riverwalk.... Hope can get it as there are only 98 units and it might have to be balloted together with other married couples and groups....so I guess it not easy too.

By the way, I have one question, if we dun take the Single Grant, does it mean we can sublet the whole flat without occupying it for the minimum 5 years grace period? Anyone can advise on this?

Edited by HydroNaut

Had anyone in BW also apply for the 2-Room BTO already? I apply for the SengKang one cos it is very near to the LRT and the punggol riverwalk....

By the way, I have one question, if we dun take the Single Grant, does it mean we can sublet the whole flat without occupying it for the minimum 5 years grace period? Anyone can advise on this?

from current rules for all flats, even if u took grant, you can sublet whole flat.

Had anyone in BW also apply for the 2-Room BTO already? I had applied for the SengKang one cos it is very near to the LRT and the punggol riverwalk.... Hope can get it as there are only 98 units and it might have to be balloted together with other married couples and groups....so I guess it not easy too.

Wah today opening...you applied liao? Damn onz leh hehe

I understand there is a percentage of 30% 2roomers in the location will be available for singles...I suppose all single applications will balloting for this quota and not with the others as they have 70% share.

Not sure about sublet....since you have just one room. Likely wont be able to for 5years....and needs 3yr to complete...

So its 8years before you can sublet....if that is your plan then it does not look too good.

Quite sure they wont allow sublet for singles....to weed off those who don't need it....that's what I think!

Too much to digest...probably decide by weekend if I want to try for it.

I understand there is a percentage of 30% 2roomers in the location will be available for singles...I suppose all single applications will balloting for this quota and not with the others as they have 70% share.

Not sure about sublet....since you have just one room. Likely wont be able to for 5years....and needs 3yr to complete...

So its 8years before you can sublet....if that is your plan then it does not look too good.

Quite sure they wont allow sublet for singles....to weed off those who don't need it....that's what I think!

I also know your dilemma....I also have it but since application doesn't guarantee that you will be 100% getting it....might as well try it as it is only $10 to apply. If I have granted the booking then I will decided, cause if I view the flat and then dun like it I still can reject it. I read, we have 2 chance of rejection before we are barred from applying for a period of 1 year under HDB sales releases.... No harm trying.

If we apply for the balance flat from last BTO, we can TOP on next year 3 quarter even.... :)

Edited by HydroNaut

I also know your dilemma....I also have it but since application doesn't guarantee that you will be 100% getting it....might as well try it as it is only $10 to apply. If I have granted the booking then I will decided, cause if I view the flat and then dun like it I still can reject it. I read, we have 2 chance of rejection before we are barred from applying for a period of 1 year under HDB sales releases.... No harm trying.

If we apply for the balance flat from last BTO, we can TOP on next year 3 quarter even.... :)

So say we apply and lucky enough to get balloted...we reject we get the chance to choose from the last round of available BTO 2roomers?

Or is it available for those that apply but did not get the new launch at Sengkang?

So much to read n website a bit slow...my internet slow more like it hehe.

how much it will cost to fully renovate a new BTO 2-room apartment. Any ways to cut cost in make do to something affordable and nice?

you may want to consider the following scheme:

Optional Component Scheme

The flats will come with floor finishes in the kitchen, household shelter, service yard and bathrooms. Wall tiles will also be provided in the bathroom and kitchen. For added convenience, you may opt in to have floor finishes installed in the living/dining room and bedrooms of your selected flat. You may also opt in to have sanitary fittings in the bathrooms - wash basin, water tap and shower mixer. These sanitary fittings, together with internal doors, will be offered as a package.

The cost of installing these optional components (indicative cost $2K+ to $3K+) will be added to the selling price of the flat.

Edited by jcho

correct, and also permanent resident flat owners are not allowed to rent out whole flat

you may want to consider the following scheme:

Optional Component Scheme

The flats will come with floor finishes in the kitchen, household shelter, service yard and bathrooms. Wall tiles will also be provided in the bathroom and kitchen. For added convenience, you may opt in to have floor finishes installed in the living/dining room and bedrooms of your selected flat. You may also opt in to have sanitary fittings in the bathrooms - wash basin, water tap and shower mixer. These sanitary fittings, together with internal doors, will be offered as a package.

The cost of installing these optional components (indicative cost $2K+ to $3K+) will be added to the selling price of the flat.

Yeah, I am already considering that option as it will be included in the selling price if we opt for this optional scheme.....so we fork out 0% cash all can come from CPF. :thumb:  Can substantially cut down quite a bit on renovation costs.

Damn it....now the new policy for reslae flat is getting more tempting.....those that earn below $5K can also obtain the AHG grant of $20,000 on top of the Single grant $15,000. So the total cost of the resale price of the HDB that you are buying can be offset with a total of $35,000! So it mean if you are buying a 4-room HDB in Woodlands for $380,000....you only have to pay $105,000 provided that you can get a loan of $240,000, that is a quite a tempting deal. Just the COV portion is quite a headache.....

Edited by HydroNaut

Had anyone in BW also apply for the 2-Room BTO already? I had applied for the SengKang one cos it is very near to the LRT and the punggol riverwalk.... Hope can get it as there are only 98 units and it might have to be balloted together with other married couples and groups....so I guess it not easy too.By the way, I have one question, if we dun take the Single Grant, does it mean we can sublet the whole flat without occupying it for the minimum 5 years grace period? Anyone can advise on this?

The sengkang location is not bad, i like as it is near to the punggol part connector. But actual units available for the sengkang BTO which completed in 2018 only have 79 units of the bigger room type. I dun think I am interested to get the smaller 2 rm type. So when we submit our application, can we choose which 2 rm type we want? What if cannot choose but u r successful in ur application, n when u choose the flat tht time, the bigger 2 rm type all taken, then how?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

correct, and also permanent resident flat owners are not allowed to rent out whole flat

But Singapore Citizen can rent out the whole flat right?

I am also think of getting the balance of the sale flat from last BTO sales....when will substantial cut down the waiting time as we can move in next year 3 quarter for Sengkang, but as they are balance flat....they might not be the ideal one as better one might already be taken.

So if we get the balance flat, we might be able to sublet it in a shorter period say only 6years instead of 8years.

The sengkang location is not bad, i like as it is near to the punggol part connector. But actual units available for the sengkang BTO which completed in 2018 only have 79 units of the bigger room type. I dun think I am interested to get the smaller 2 rm type. So when we submit our application, can we choose which 2 rm type we want? What if cannot choose but u r successful in ur application, n when u choose the flat tht time, the bigger 2 rm type all taken, then how?

Think you can opt to reject it......every applicant are given 2 chance for applying it.....when you have reject 2 offers than you will be barred from selecting it for a year before you are reinstate back to the rights to purchase from the BTO projects again.

But the Sengkang BTO is going to completed in 2018 meh? So long? it is 5 years leh..... thought it is gonna be completed in 2015/2016?

Think you can opt to reject it......every applicant are given 2 chance for applying it.....when you have reject 2 offers than you will be barred from selecting it for a year before you are reinstate back to the rights to purchase from the BTO projects again.

But the Sengkang BTO is going to completed in 2018 meh? So long? it is 5 years leh..... thought it is gonna be completed in 2015/2016?

There are 3 projects for tis round BTO. Completion date for all BTO is different, yishun is the fastest, complete in 4th Qtr 2016. Sengkang complete in 2nd qtr 2017 but flat delivery is in jun 2018. Wonder will the flat complete much earlier?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

There are 3 projects for tis round BTO. Completion date for all BTO is different, yishun is the fastest, complete in 4th Qtr 2016. Sengkang complete in 2nd qtr 2017 but flat delivery is in jun 2018. Wonder will the flat complete much earlier?

Yishun got the balance flats.....which can be get the keys next year. ^_^

But it is 47sqm the bigger type....but the setback is.....the additional optional scheme for the add on finishing is over so you cannot opt for that....which I thought can save quite a lot on the renovation costs. The balance flats are also slightly costly due to the fact that the price was based on the previous advertised price.

Yishun got the balance flats.....which can be get the keys next year. ^_^

But it is 47sqm the bigger type....but the setback is.....the additional optional scheme for the add on finishing is over so you cannot opt for that....which I thought can save quite a lot on the renovation costs. The balance flats are also slightly costly due to the fact that the price was based on the previous advertised price.

Sengkang also have balance flats. Think only when the application is successful then need to go on site to check out the location of the flat available. I didn't compare the price of the new BTO flat n the balance flat, didnt know tht balance flat is more expensive? But the add-on finishing have what things? Dun really understand on tis? It is really recommended to opt for it?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest guest

Think the gov is making a big mistake to built BTO 2 room flats for the single. With a population that is going to be 6million soon , there are already not enough land and flats for the future 3 million PR. Wat the gov can do to help the single is to double the 15 k grant to 30 K or even 50 K to help the sinlge purchase a 3 room resale flats instead.

Think the gov is making a big mistake to built BTO 2 room flats for the single. With a population that is going to be 6million soon , there are already not enough land and flats for the future 3 million PR. Wat the gov can do to help the single is to double the 15 k grant to 30 K or even 50 K to help the sinlge purchase a 3 room resale flats instead.

will there be 3million prs?

Dun think gov will allow single to purchase 3 rm flat, cos even now they allow single to buy BTO already a break through. Gov dun want single to use their new flat to make profit. As 2 rm resale value is not there, and not very popular.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

Is there any cash involved or we can pay all through the CPF? I heard that buying house need some 5% cash payment of the house value? Pardon my ignorance.

Is there any cash involved or we can pay all through the CPF? I heard that buying house need some 5% cash payment of the house value? Pardon my ignorance.

if you're referring to buyinging a hdb bto flat, then you need to fork out cash for the option fee ($500 for 2-room)

however, this can be reimbursed later provided your cpf lumpsum + loan = 100% of purchase price

Edited by jcho

Guest Guest

Just looking at the over subscription rate, I think one must wait at least 8 years from application, balloting, construction period then can receive the keys.

Guest guest

By then those who have applied for the 2 rm can buy another bigger BTO flat. :P

Yes of cos provided you must have occupied your first flat for min period of 5 years before you can apply again.

And by then, it will be your second application and any subsidies and other benefits will be also be affected.

News just now say the 2-rm flat over-subscribed by 77 times. If really get, can consider lucky loh. Hee hee.

Sept 2013 BTO location out already, also will include Balance Flat from previous BTO.

BUILD-TO-ORDER (BTO)
Month of Launch
Town
(click thumbnail to view map)
Design Type
Flat Mix
Estimated No. of New Flats
Sep 2013*
(BTO)

sPunggol.jpg

Premium
3R, 4R, 5R
Standard
2R, 3R, 4R

sYishun.jpg

Standard
Studio Apartment, 3R,
4R, 5R
Edited by keyboard

Just looking at the over subscription rate, I think one must wait at least 8 years from application, balloting, construction period then can receive the keys.

Y need to wait 8 yrs?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

News just now say the 2-rm flat over-subscribed by 77 times. If really get, can consider lucky loh. Hee hee.

After so long then able single to buy BTO flat, surely will attract tons of pple applying. Maybe after few BTO, there might be lesser singles applying liao. Those who r able to get it tis round really like buying toto and strike the grand prize.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Y need to wait 8 yrs?

I think he add the 5 years to build, but 3 years to ballot also won't so long unless you choosy. If you ballot for every BTO, chances increases if you are unsuccessful for a few times.

After so long then able single to buy BTO flat, surely will attract tons of pple applying. Maybe after few BTO, there might be lesser singles applying liao. Those who r able to get it tis round really like buying toto and strike the grand prize.

I think there's really a demand for these 2-rm from the less than 5k income group. Only like <100k can get, why not?

If one applies for this round....did not get...is it auto to be included into next round or one needs to apply again?? thnx

U need to spend another $10 to submit again if u interested in the next BTO. The news reported tht hdb received abt 5000 plus application for sengkang BTO n abt 3000 plus application for yishun! Never know there are so many singles earning below $5k n are 35 yr old n above!

But HDB has made a fortune on tis BTO, imagine $10 per application received!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Really hor, the statistics from Govt agencies is so appalling. Can't they show the numbers in their websites in breakdown so people can know exactly what is the real value, then just listen to the numbers all news agencies copy from each other.

"More than 8,500 applications by singles aged 35 and above were made for the 155 units available in Sengkang and Yishun. This means that, on average, more than 55 singles would vie for one two-room unit on offer."

Is this 30% of the units available for singles? How about the 70% that is for non-singles that nobody want?

I did a tally on the balance flats for 2-rms, there are 216 from previous BTO launches still not sold (which means these are the ones that 70% non-singles do not want from previous launches).

"In his blog post, Mr Khaw said the median age of the singles who applied was about 43, and they have a median monthly income of about S$1,800."

Makes me think of, whether will the neighborhood be more complicated.

If tis time BTO the 70% which reserved for non singles still not popular n left over a lot, wld HDB give it to the singles? Seems like 30% a bit too little for singles.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

If tis time BTO the 70% which reserved for non singles still not popular n left over a lot, wld HDB give it to the singles? Seems like 30% a bit too little for singles.

I guess Hdb will make adjustments for it. If there are huge demand for it, why not increase? Seriously it's cheap, 60k to get a brand new flat.

I guess Hdb will make adjustments for it. If there are huge demand for it, why not increase? Seriously it's cheap, 60k to get a brand new flat.

I dun think it is that cheap....if you calculate properly....they advertised as 16K is when both joint single earning below $1,150 apply together. Even the AHG and SHG grant there is a breakdown based on the salary scale, you wouldn't get the full amount of $20,000(AHG) and $10,000(SHG) even if you earn like $1,800 a month. Furthermore, there are 2 sizes of the 2-room, the bigger one of 47sqm is slightly more expensive or it is based on the smaller unit of 37sqm. Futhermore, who would want to joint application to stay in a smaller 37sqm 2-room flat? Unless they are couple or orphan siblings.

Please note....even if Single do have the Single grant of $15,000 to offset, they put in the new ruling of increasing the prices for Single application of BTO 2-room by $15,000. So in other words, grant means no grant for Single, quite a cunning move....give us grant yet raise the selling price to offset it and put it in a good way like saying if we marry in future, they will give us additional $15,000 back....Gay will not get marry in the future anyway wat.

Then there is the additional options for the 2-room which will add up $3,000 on top of the selling price. So the 2-room flat would easily more than 100K - 127K. Actually, many are mislead to think it is dirt cheap, but you really need to read all the underlinings.

Edited by HydroNaut

I dun think it is that cheap....if you calculate properly....they advertised as 16K is when both joint single earning below $1,150 apply together. Even the AHG and SHG grant there is a breakdown based on the salary scale, you wouldn't get the full amount of $20,000(AHG) and $10,000(SHG) even if you earn like $1,800 a month. Furthermore, there are 2 sizes of the 2-room, the bigger one of 47sqm is slightly more expensive or it is based on the smaller unit of 37sqm. Futhermore, who would want to joint application to stay in a smaller 37sqm 2-room flat? Unless they are couple or orphan siblings.

Please note....even if Single do have the Single grant of $15,000 to offset, they put in the new ruling of increasing the prices for Single application of BTO 2-room by $15,000. So in other words, grant means no grant for Single, quite a cunning move....give us grant yet raise the selling price to offset it and put it in a good way like saying if we marry in future, they will give us additional $15,000 back....Gay will not get marry in the future anyway wat.

Then there is the additional options for the 2-room which will add up $3,000 on top of the selling price. So the 2-room flat would easily more than 100K - 127K. Actually, many are mislead to think it is dirt cheap, but you really need to read all the underlinings.

hi hydronut, I got the link from HDB.

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu03p.nsf/0/13MARBTO_page_1829/$file/about0.htm

Even the flat is $127k still cheaper than a 3 rm resale flat lar. If those singles who earn 2.5k and above shld be able to afford one.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Even the flat is $127k still cheaper than a 3 rm resale flat lar. If those singles who earn 2.5k and above shld be able to afford one.

Yeah i know but the news and newspaper quite 夸张 say they are offering the HDB as cheap as $16,000 and those who doesn't read will just apply thinking it is around that price range one. Later they will get a shock when it added up to like $127K, though it is affordable to many still but those earning like $1,125 will be quite weigh down by it.

Yeah lor.....quite misleading one right.....only when 2 single will those very low wages will get that much of subsidises.....just imagine AHG $20,000 X2 person = $40,000 plus SHG $10,000X 2 person = $10,000 but they will not tell you that is for 2 persons.....they just put "For 2-room flats, assumed Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) of $40,000 and Special CPF Housing Grant (SHG) of $20,000." so those who generally dun read will think that they have so much grant per person.

Look at the breakdown of grant under "Amount of Grant": http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatSHGSingles?OpenDocument

Not all people will get the full amount even if you earn below $2.5K lor....... at the wages range of $2,001 to $2,250, you will only get $2,500 out of $10,000 nia.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.