Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

18 hours ago, Guest End said:

Is there really still room for growth in property housing speculation nowadays after almost 3 decades of open market speculation started by the government back in the beginning of the 90s?

Don't forget how high today open resale prices for houses are already and if a 2 room unit valuation appreciate up then other 3/4/5 hdb and condo units will be adjusted too. 

There is no way only a 2 room unit flat type can rise up in value while other remain unchanged. 

The larger units are already breaking the 400k to 500k in today time already. 

How come people still think they can speculate on public housing and private properties in today time when the entire housing ponzi scheme have already been cooked to such a high value ?

Did wage increase as much and fast for people to think they can still play the housing speculation game in Singapore?

Who would want to take up a loan and pay 250k to 600k for second hand public flats that are already 20 to 30 years old?

Beside when you sell you have to buy too unless you cash out and migrate and no matter what price you choose to let go of your existing house you will end up throwing the same amount of money into a new unit unless you downgrade. It already defeat the purpose of house buying and painstakingly finish up the mortage only to end up compromising on living in a smaller yet higher priced modern unit in old age. 

How come Singaporeans cannot see through the housing appreciation scheme is just a ponzi scam and the one who get to enjoy true real cash all these years are actually the government and the banks?

A house is for a person to live in and a house is a basic living need in life. 

It shouldn't be view as an investment and people shouldn't allow themselves to become house slaves and cook up the pricing valuation of houses only for you and your own children cpf pension money to be channeled into these subverted toxic housing assets. 

Singaporeans need to study on the long term effect and impact of  basic finance, sociology and economics for their own sake. 

Open sale market if cannot climb anymore then the people will be sad. 

Open sale market if still can climb even at this late stage of the ponzi will also made new buyers sad laden with a big housing debt. 

Open sale market if can rise will also affect BTO prices too. If resale flats rise but BTO remain cheap then people will simply buy BTO. 

And if open sale market ruse and BTO also start to be sell higher so as not to create a conflict of interest and resentment for the older Singaporeans then the younger generations and first time buyers will also curse too. 

This country have really gotten into a big mess created by the pap and it have divided the people up. 

Singapore is well known for our kiasuism, no one want to loose out, if I don't buy today, the price keep rising and I will not be able to afford it tomorrow, the ultimate winner in this chasing game is the hdb, property developer and the bank....

18 hours ago, Guest End said:

No longer  staying in Singapore currently but mind explaining to me why people place a big emphasis on the location of a house?

What is the difference between staying in a house that is in a mature estate and a non mature estate?

Because as far as I know Singapore is a very small island and one can travel and reach anywhere they want in just about an hour time. 

Don't u know the local are too spoilt? Don't mention an hour time, even 30 minutes is too much for them, you always see new station coming up and they mention u can save 10 -15 min commuting time, to me is like WTF.....

2 hours ago, Guest said:

I put my Mum as the first owner and I the co-owner. Since she was not working and above 55, I bet I stood a higher chance to downgrade and I was right. HDB actually looked into your family nucleus and income before allocation.

We must be considerate when the other is NOT working, who is going to help him(the guest) to pay for the loans etc or to renovate....

and no one wish to owe debts and to slog to  pay loan

I didn't get any loan to buy my current flat too , I used up all my ordinary account

Please learn to respect that different people have diff needs to fit their own choice of lifestyle and we have parents who could be ill or not working, and money has to be catered for them instead

2 hours ago, Guest End said:

No longer  staying in Singapore currently but mind explaining to me why people place a big emphasis on the location of a house?

What is the difference between staying in a house that is in a mature estate and a non mature estate?

Because as far as I know Singapore is a very small island and one can travel and reach anywhere they want in just about an hour time. 

erm not everyone can afford a car and time is Money

On ‎05‎-‎03‎-‎2016 at 3:48 PM, thickhead79 said:

of u got money u can do it

resale 3 room also need 300k

cash on COV

renovation in cash

Resale cheapest also need ard 280k, think COV depends if u sell below or above valuation and reno can take loan if really not much cash on hand.

Atfterall, buying a BTO surely save a lot due to low pricing, but in the long run 2 rm cannot rent out rm and resale value might not be high.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest HDBer
3 hours ago, lovehandle said:

erm not everyone can afford a car and time is Money

Yeah, I actually reccee several of these non matured bto and location can be really out of the way, some are 20 minutes medium pace walk to nearest train station (mostly unsheltered - rainy season will be troublesome), and/or have only a single feeder bus from nearest train station serving the route. Some you'll have to transfer from main lines to LRT plus a long walk or two/three feeder bus stops. Timing to town with all walking, transfers and waiting is already about an hour during non-peak, peak will definitely increase.

2 hours ago, alien said:

Atfterall, buying a BTO surely save a lot due to low pricing, but in the long run 2 rm cannot rent out rm and resale value might not be high.

Think so too, provided you get a lot of housing grant, singles under 55 have to pay additional 15k. Resale value dun think will hit that high cos most pple who downgrade to 2 rm won't pay that much. Good location ones like those beside Canberra station might fetch higher value tho. Also wonder if subsequently gov might allow singles to buy 3 rm, then the 2 roomers lagi screwed.

I am rather appalled by the level political and current affairs ignorance that is present in my beloved home.

Correct me if I am wrong:

Some comments of Singaporeans seem to indicate that the government is intrinsically bad. I mean seriously?

In one of the least corrupted country, we have people thinking along these lines?!

At least, people come up with arguments and points that are valid, because just look at citizens of other countries: they disagree with policies not because of the government has bad intention, but because the policies are bad. 

Last thing I would like to see is people who give comments like: "government is scamming Singaporean/government is stealing/government is bad(even if you give such an argument please support with valid points)" to vote for anyone, because this is greatly saddening. For I do love my country and dear, fellow mates, please do our land some justice.

And if you need someone who is 22 to talk some sense into you. I gladly do so, but you ought to be ashamed.

7 hours ago, Guest End said:

Is there really still room for growth in property housing speculation nowadays after almost 3 decades of open market speculation started by the government back in the beginning of the 90s?

Don't forget how high today open resale prices for houses are already and if a 2 room unit valuation appreciate up then other 3/4/5 hdb and condo units will be adjusted too. 

There is no way only a 2 room unit flat type can rise up in value while other remain unchanged. 

The larger units are already breaking the 400k to 500k in today time already. 

How come people still think they can speculate on public housing and private properties in today time when the entire housing ponzi scheme have already been cooked to such a high value ?

Did wage increase as much and fast for people to think they can still play the housing speculation game in Singapore?

Who would want to take up a loan and pay 250k to 600k for second hand public flats that are already 20 to 30 years old?

Beside when you sell you have to buy too unless you cash out and migrate and no matter what price you choose to let go of your existing house you will end up throwing the same amount of money into a new unit unless you downgrade. It already defeat the purpose of house buying and painstakingly finish up the mortage only to end up compromising on living in a smaller yet higher priced modern unit in old age. 

How come Singaporeans cannot see through the housing appreciation scheme is just a ponzi scam and the one who get to enjoy true real cash all these years are actually the government and the banks?

A house is for a person to live in and a house is a basic living need in life. 

It shouldn't be view as an investment and people shouldn't allow themselves to become house slaves and cook up the pricing valuation of houses only for you and your own children cpf pension money to be channeled into these subverted toxic housing assets. 

Singaporeans need to study on the long term effect and impact of  basic finance, sociology and economics for their own sake. 

Open sale market if cannot climb anymore then the people will be sad. 

Open sale market if still can climb even at this late stage of the ponzi will also made new buyers sad laden with a big housing debt. 

Open sale market if can rise will also affect BTO prices too. If resale flats rise but BTO remain cheap then people will simply buy BTO. 

And if open sale market ruse and BTO also start to be sell higher so as not to create a conflict of interest and resentment for the older Singaporeans then the younger generations and first time buyers will also curse too. 

This country have really gotten into a big mess created by the pap and it have divided the people up. 

Edited by Haheboi

1 hour ago, Haheboi said:

I am rather appalled by the level political and current affairs ignorance that is present in my beloved home.

Some comments of Singaporeans seem to indicate that the government is intrinsically bad. I mean seriously?

In one of the least corrupted country, we have people thinking along these lines?!

At least, people come up with arguments and points that are valid, because just look at citizens of other countries: they disagree with policies not because of the government has bad intention, but because the policies are bad. 

Last thing I would like to see is people who give comments like: "government is scamming Singaporean/government is stealing/government is bad(even if you give such an argument please support with valid points)" to vote for anyone, because this is greatly saddening. For I do love my country and dear, fellow mates, please do our land some justice.

And if you need someone who is 22 to talk some sense into you. I gladly do so, but you ought to be ashamed.

You are stupid. 

Dont waste my time. 

What a birdbrain. 

22 year old talk so much cock for what?

Go buy and paid for your own house in life before you come and talk cock here. 

House are not sold at actual build cost price but on speculative prices. 

For the kind of money stupid sinkies like you sink into these pigeon holes you can buy a semi-d and terrace house outside already. 

Freehold and landed somemore. 

And if your little kuku Jiao brain can even muster a bit of intelligence up to see that if cpf is never soak and channel into these toxic houses all the people will have been able to retire in peace and have plenty of cpf pension to nip at age 55 already instead of being miserable wretch in life in their dying years because they anyhow vote for a party that cripple them instead of helping them to achieve  security in old age. 

Farts like you are the perfect representation of a classic brain dead pap cock sucker. 

Is that all you can say my boy?

You challenge me and you expect me to be kind to you?

You are a special kind of retard then. 

What at kind of argument do you want when the facts are already laid bare right in front of your face but you and your pap incline brain will never want to acknowledge it and will simply do your best to flag it down. 

In the first place if you are so confident in their policies then why do you have to single out this particular post to lay slag on?

Dont think posting a boy pic and telling me you are 22 will earn you any brownie point here. 

In on the internet agents abound everywhere and adopt all sorts of stances and personas to speak for their own agendas in life. 

You tell me you are 22?

Hah I too can tell you I'm 18 and find you are stupid you bloody fake account. 

When your government legalise everything and have the pillars and media run by themselves what is the point of telling me there is little corruption then?

How can you sit here so smugly defending a establishment whose one of the biggest source of income is derived from property speculation itself?

You enjoy paying for a death trap until the day you die and then be force to be left with a empty dried up cpf pension account and eventually sell your painstakingly finished mortgage house to downgrade to a coffin size apartment to rot then go ahead. 

Dont need to tell me you are ashamed and appalled at me here when I can hardly stomach down your stupidity and pompous nonsense instead. 

Fuck off you stupid little fag. 

9 hours ago, Guest End said:

Why care so much if you are no longer staying in Singapore? Come in and post toxic comments only

When people tell the straight facts out pappies will appear and throw the first stone to made people blood boil and then come up to retort you fuckers and then you bunch of panty twisting Nancy will sob and say people are rude to you fickers when you all are inadvertently the ones who set off the provocations first. 

This is is your kind STANDARD OPERATING MODUS ALL THE TIME.

It is getting predictable. 

You want to take people posts down then convince people what are the pros from the side of your arguments then instead of throwing sneaky jibes here and there. 

Bastards. 

No longer staying in Singapore doesn't mean the policies doesn't affect people who are living outside of Singapore. 

Ice boy before fore hahaboi come in and talk thrash with me where did I leave any toxic posts?

Everything I have said and ask is factual and valid and serve as a well intended reminder. 

Dont twist people words. 

You want to help your sister then do it in a honourable way and not band together like a pack of bitches on heat. 

Guest Glyph
3 hours ago, Haheboi said:

Rude. But as much as it may sound PAP-ish, I simply asking people to have better arguments for what they stand for.

Yours is just plain offensive.

Please spare a thought for me and don't feed the trolls. They end up shitting all over the forums and I'm the one who has to clean up.

Don't know who is trolling who in the first place. Just because one become a member doesn't mean they are always in the right. When I was a principal member here that thing was still just a noob like you. 

Who exactly aim from the hip and direct scorn at people first?

It is your sister the haheboi not the guest. 

Don't like cleaning shit is not my problem,no one ask you to become a moderator in the first place. Show some objectivity in you. 

20 minutes ago, Guest said:

Don't know who is trolling who in the first place. Just because one become a member doesn't mean they are always in the right. When I was a principal member here that thing was still just a noob like you. 

Who exactly aim from the hip and direct scorn at people first?

It is your sister the haheboi not the guest. 

Don't like cleaning shit is not my problem,no one ask you to become a moderator in the first place. Show some objectivity in you. 

No one mentioned anything about being in the right just cause one is a member. Don't see how you jumped to that conclusion.

In fact, you're the one trying to throw your weight as a former principal member around.

I think you were the one who directed the scorn, actually. Let me quote you:

8 hours ago, Guest said:

You are stupid. 

Dont waste my time. 

What a birdbrain. 

22 year old talk so much cock for what?

*cut for relevance*

For the kind of money stupid sinkies like you *cut for relevance*

And if your little kuku Jiao brain can even muster a bit of intelligence up to see that *cut for relevance*

Farts like you are the perfect representation of a classic brain dead pap cock sucker. 

The quote speaks for itself. I did not see @Haheboi directing any (or as much) scorn at you.

5 hours ago, Glyph said:

Please spare a thought for me and don't feed the trolls. They end up shitting all over the forums and I'm the one who has to clean up.

Why need to clean up his shits? Just expose his real identity and IP address to all here and issue a warning or suspension rather than locking this topic because of a troll.

32 minutes ago, MancerNecro said:

No one mentioned anything about being in the right just cause one is a member. Don't see how you jumped to that conclusion.

In fact, you're the one trying to throw your weight as a former principal member around.

I think you were the one who directed the scorn, actually. Let me quote you:

The quote speaks for itself. I did not see @Haheboi directing any (or as much) scorn at you.

The point is he started it first not me.  

I never wanted to pick a fight with anyone or scold anyone to begin with at all in case you can't read. 

Ok , I realised some bw-ers are very sensitive, anyway stop the quarrel and focus PURELY on the topics.

(I have seen pp that I praised them but ended up they mistaken my intention)

So while we r sharing in public (not messaging) pls don't get personal

• 2 months later...
On ‎23‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:57 PM, soon kueh said:

I have tried to ballot for 2rm flat under Single Scheme for 8 times now and none of them have been successful. Can anyone share with me how many times do you need to ballot before getting queue number? Thanks!

Guys..

I just wanna update you, my application has been approved after tried for 9th tried. I got my Q number for 2rm HDB at Sengkang.

Guest guest
8 hours ago, soon kueh said:

Guys..

I just wanna update you, my application has been approved after tried for 9th tried. I got my Q number for 2rm HDB at Sengkang.

Maybe one of the members here working in HDB saw your post and feedback .  

Guest House warming party
On 5/26/2016 at 9:22 AM, soon kueh said:

Guys..

Do invite us to your house warming party in 4 years time.

On 5/26/2016 at 9:22 AM, soon kueh said:

Guys..

Congratulations! Welcome to the northeast side! =)

On 3/10/2016 at 0:44 AM, Haheboi said:

Hi Haheboi di di,

Once I was like you... once.... a very very very very very very long long long time ago...

Time and the best search engine are your best teachers.

Edited by Garyl
Clarity of message

Guest Guest

Just wondering should one wing single  staying in a well liked matured estate and flat that left with 30 to 40 years lease , to wait for enbloc and get back the same flat in the estate or to sell it off and get a newer but smaller unit  ? According to HDB officer it is best to wait for enbloc and get priority for the same estate but some other friends suggest to sell it , advice and opinion appreciated . 

Guest Guest
Just now, Guest Guest said:

Just wondering should one wing single  staying in a well liked matured estate and flat that left with 30 to 40 years lease , to wait for enbloc and get back the same flat in the estate or to sell it off and get a newer but smaller unit  ? According to HDB officer it is best to wait for enbloc and get priority for the same estate but some other friends suggest to sell it , advice and opinion appreciated . 

.....one being single ...typo error 

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Forgot to mentioned that after viewing punggol new estate flat , I realized there are not many nearby shops and coffee  shops or hawker centers unlike matured estates . The mall's food centers and eateries prices are higher than those in the matured estates too . For buying stuff and food , one have to take transport like buses and LRT if flats are not nearby shops , mall , eateries ,clinics ,etc . Whereas most places are within walking distance in the matured estates like Toa Payoh . 

On 28 May, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Guest Guest said:

On 28 May, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Guest Guest said:

.....one being single ...typo error 

On 28 May, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

Forgot to mentioned that after viewing punggol new estate flat , I realized there are not many nearby shops and coffee  shops or hawker centers unlike matured estates . The mall's food centers and eateries prices are higher than those in the matured estates too . For buying stuff and food , one have to take transport like buses and LRT if flats are not nearby shops , mall , eateries ,clinics ,etc . Whereas most places are within walking distance in the matured estates like Toa Payoh . 

Generally, if the remaining lease is below 60 years, financing may be an issue for the buyer and thus making it harder for you to sell your flat.

Edited by jcho

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, jcho said:

Generally, if the remaining lease is below 60 years, financing may be an issue for the buyer and thus making it harder for you to sell your flat.

Thanks for the opinion .  I love my centralized  matured estate flat and it's convience, so at least I do not have to ponder to sell it or not , sometimes ,  it is about letting it go and unable to find it back , this is perhaps why people mention about priceless or something that money can't get you ! I now also know why some rich people preferred HDB to condos and landed properties . 

6 HDB Schemes That Singaporeans May Not Be Aware Of

1. Lease Buyback Scheme

The Lease Buyback Scheme is a scheme that allows elderly HDB flat owners to sell a fraction of their HDB lease back to the HDB in exchange for a sum of money. We’ve recently reported that there has been a 56% increase in applications for this particular scheme in the past year, after several tweaks were made in April 2015.

This scheme functions as an additional monetisation alternative for those from an elderly household residing in a 4-room or smaller flat.

Note that proceeds from selling part of the flat’s lease will be used to top up the homeowners’ CPF Retirement Account so that they can use the monies in the account to buy the CPF LIFE plan that will pay out a monthly sum for life.

Additionally, if you and all other flat owners already have your CPF Retirement Accounts at current Full Retirement Sum, without any room for top-up, you can withdraw the net proceeds in cash.

A whole host of other eligibility criteria exists as usual, such as all owners must be at CPF pay-out age of 64 or older, have a gross monthly household income of $12,000 or less and a minimum of at least 20 years of lease to sell to HDB, etc.

2. Public Rental Scheme

Those from lower-income households who do not have other housing options of family support can look to rent from HDB’s public rental flats under the Public Rental Scheme either as a family or a single.

However, the total household gross income cannot go beyond $1500 per month and you and your listed occupiers cannot own or have an estate or interest in an HDB flat or a DBSS flat.

Neither can you all dispose of the said property types within 30 months before the date of your application for the Public Rental Scheme.

3. Parenthood Provisional Housing Scheme

First-timer married couples who have secured an uncompleted HDB flat can rent a flat temporarily while waiting for their flat’s completion under the Parenthood Provisional Housing Scheme regardless of whether the uncompleted flat is a Build-To-Order (BTO) flat or Sale of Balance Flats (SBF).

The marriage certificate will need to be submitted within 3 months from the date you take possession of the rental flat. A divorced or widowed parent with children can also apply to rent a flat under this scheme.

Besides meeting the prerequisite that you and the occupiers of the rental flat cannot own an existing HDB flat, you and the other applicants for the rental flat must also be named in the BTO/SBF sales application and the household must be either a Singapore Citizen-Singapore Citizen household or a Singapore Citizen-Singapore PR household.

4. Enhanced Contra Facility

This scheme allows you to sell your existing HDB and utilise the proceeds for an HDB resale flat. In a way, this, together with the refunded CPF monies, will help cut down your cash outlay and home loan amount required, hence the ensuing monthly home loan repayments.

Nevertheless, note that you will not be able to pay for the stamp duty and conveyancing fees using the refunded CPF monies.

5. Staggered Downpayment Scheme

Potential home buyers of HDB flats, rejoice! If you’re eligible, you can pay for your flat’s downpayment in 2 instalments instead of a lump sum at the beginning.

How does the Staggered Downpayment Scheme work? As its name suggests, you stagger the downpayment paid - half will be paid when you sign the Agree for Lease while the other half will be paid when you collect the keys to your new flat.

First timer couples or a couple made up of a first-timer and second-timer who have booked a new 5-room or smaller flat under construction will be eligible for this scheme so long as the flat application is submitted before or on the younger flat applicant’s 30th birthday.

HDB flat owners who haven’t sold the existing flat, or if the sale of the existing flat hasn’t been legally completed at the point of flat application for an uncompleted 2- or 3-room HDB flat in a non-mature estate will also be eligible for the Staggered Downpayment Scheme.

6. Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme

Just as its name hints, not every household will get the chance to move to a new home with a new 99-year lease while still continuing to live nearby their current neighbours. The Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS) is a scheme that rejuvenates Singapore’s older housing estates.

HDB flat owners of SERS will be offered a bundle that comprises both rehousing benefits and compensation.

Guest Enbloc
On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

Wait for Enbloc.  The new flat in your mature estate is going to worth a lot more in future.  It can also fetch very good rental because it is in a mature estate and closer to city centre.  

• 1 month later...

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/sers-and-upgrading-programmes/latest-sers-projects

Blocks 513 to 520 West Coast Road is the latest site to benefit from the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS). It is the 80th site selected for SERS. Flat owners can look forward to moving into one of the 2 upcoming projects in Clementi Town. These replacement sites will offer over 1,300 new flats. 

The new flats will be sold at subsidised prices and frozen at the time of the SERS announcement. They are not subject to further market movements, thereby providing SERS flat owners with greater certainty.

SERS flat owners will be invited to register and choose their flats in these sites first. Following that, we will offer any surplus flats to the public through a Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercise. If you are interested in these flats, that would be your opportunity to apply.

Site A: Clementi Avenue 1 (680 units)

latest sers project clementi avenue 1 site A

Estimated completion: 3rd Quarter 2022

Flat types:

• 2-room Flexi (45m2)
  • 3-room (68m2)
  • 4-room (83m2)
  • 4-room (92m2)
  • 5-room (110m2)
  • 3Gen (115m2)

Site B: West Coast Link (666 units)

latest sers project west coast link site B

Estimated completion: 3rd Quarter 2022

Flat types:

• 2-room Flexi (45m2)
  • 3-room (68m2)
  • 4-room (83m2)
  • 4-room (92m2)
  • 5-room (110m2)
  • 3Gen (115m2)

SERS journey timeline

These are the main milestones for the SERS journey.

S/No.

Milestone

Time Period

SERS announcement

3 August 2016

Visiting our exhibition

6 to 11 August 2016

(closed on 9 August 2016)

Assessing your flat value

3Q/ 4Q2016

Attending the SERS Connect

3Q/ 4Q2016

Receiving your compensation notice

2Q2017

Making your rehousing choice

2Q/ 3Q2017

Registering for your new flat

2Q2017

Choosing your new flat

1Q2018

Collecting your keys

4Q2022

Moving out

2Q2023

Celebrating the move

Other rehousing options

Besides choosing a new flat in one of the two new precincts offered, SERS flat owners also have other rehousing options

• Apply for a flat elsewhere under Build-To-Order (BTO) or Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercise with SERS rehousing benefits and a 10% priority allocation.  
    • Notes:
      • BTO or SBF application must be submitted by 31 October 2017
      • The Delivery Possession Date of the BTO or SBF flat must not be later than 31 August 2023
  • Sell the existing SERS flat in the open market, where it is likely to command a premium above its market value at the time of the SERS announcement, due to the SERS rehousing benefits. Alternatively, SERS flat owners can transfer the flat with the rehousing benefits.
    • Notes:
      • There will be a 1-month freeze on resale or transfer of a SERS flat following the SERS announcement. This is to give SERS flat owners more time to get to know their rehousing benefits before making a decision
      • Resale or transfer applications can only be submitted after 2 September 2016 and not later than 31 July 2017.
      • Any Options to Purchase for resale applications can only be signed after 2 September 2016.
  • Receive up to $60,000 on top of SERS compensation instead of the SERS rehousing benefits

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/eight-blocks-west-coast-road-selected-redevelopment-under-sers

HDB earmarks West Coast flats for latest Sers project

sergoogleearth.png?itok=vKw76tmK
SINGAPORE — Eight blocks of flats at Blocks 513 to 520 West Coast Road will make way for new developments under the latest Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (Sers), said the Housing Development Board (HDB) on Wednesday (Aug 3).
By Laura Philomin -
August 4

SINGAPORE — Eight blocks of flats at Blocks 513 to 520 West Coast Road will make way for new developments under the latest Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (Sers), said the Housing Development Board (HDB) on Wednesday (Aug 3).

Residents of the nearly 1,000 units, which are mostly three-room flats, will have to move out by the second quarter of 2023.

They will be offered new flats with fresh 99-year leases being built at Clementi Avenue 1 and West Coast Link, which will have more than 1,300 units. The new flats are expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2022.

This Sers project will also involve two sold shops and an eating house at Block 516, as well as 12 sold shops at Block 517. Owners of these commercial properties will be given compensation based on the market value of their units at the time of the Sers announcement, said the HDB.

They will have the option of buying a new unit on a 30-year lease with selling prices fixed at market value at the time of the Sers announcement, or they can choose to rent a new unit. Those who choose not to take up a new unit will receive an additional 10 per cent of the market value of their existing unit, added the HDB.

Completed in 1979, the eight blocks on West Coast Road will be the 80th site to benefit from Sers since its introduction in 1995.

The last Sers project was announced in 2014 for Tanglin Halt Road and Commonwealth Drive, which was also the largest Sers plan involving 31 residential blocks since Hillview Avenue’s redevelopment in 1999.

Residents of the affected blocks had mixed reactions to the news. Some, like Mrs Toh, who also runs an alteration business, said she is used to the environment after living in West Coast since 1990 and was saddened at the thought of moving out.

“This is where all my children grew up,” said the 60-year-old.

Others were excited about moving into a new living environment, noting their ageing flats have posed maintenance issues, such as cracked cement and peeling paint.

Mr Sabarudin Mohd Belsha, 23, who lives with his parents and shares a room with his sister, said his family was looking forward to getting a bigger flat.

“We’ve been living here for very long but ... we want a change,” said Mr Sararudin, who was excited about the new project at West Coast Link. “I was telling my mum if we take a (unit on a) higher floor, maybe we can see the sea.”

Where the new flats will be located (Photo: HDB)

replacementsites.png

What the new flats will look like at Clementi Ave 1 & West Coast Link (Photos: HDB)

newdevelopment.png

newdevelopmentwestcoast.png

The HDB said the two new 40-storey residential blocks at Clementi Avenue 1 will have recreational and communal facilities, as well as a commercial block with shops and an eating house. There will also be multi-storey carpark that will house a childcare centre and senior care centre. 

As for the West Coast Link project, there will be three 30- to 32-storey residential blocks. Beyond the usual facilities like playground, eating house and childcare centre, the Ministry of Health also plans to develop an eldercare hub next to the estate to provide services such as day care and home care.

Property analysts TODAY spoke to said the West Coast Road plot could be redeveloped into residential projects that follow recent housing trends more closely. ERA Realty Network’s key executive officer Eugene Lim said up to half of the new units could be four-room units, for instance.

Plans for high-density residential developments could also integrate other facilities like supermarkets, shops and childcare centres, said Mr Nicholas Mak, head of research and consultancy at SLP International. Given the good mix of housing types in that area, condominiums could be built there, he added.

Guest Check
On Thursday, August 04, 2016 at 11:38 AM, lifeart said:

I plan to get a 3 rm flat on the resale market this year. Any tips?

First tip and the most important,  check on the previous owner background.  Don't ask me how.  Don't end up terrorised by loansharks or unseen beings. 

10 hours ago, Guest Check said:

First tip and the most important,  check on the previous owner background.  Don't ask me how.  Don't end up terrorised by loansharks or unseen beings. 

13 hours ago, keyboard said:

What sort of tips are you looking for?

Things to look out for, questions to ask, things to observe... 

Guest Guest
On 4 August 2016 at 11:38 AM, lifeart said:

Try centralized mature estates such as TPY - Toa Payoh  , Ang Mo Kio (AMK) , Bishan area if you can . It does not matter whether condos , private houses or flats , living in a centralised location anywhere in the world is a definite plus !

11 hours ago, lifeart said:

Things to look out for, questions to ask, things to observe... 

Here's the technical portion,

http://www.moneysense.gov.sg/Life-Events/Buying-a-Home.aspx

a "checklist" if it applies to you,

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-resources/singapore-buy-property-guides/buyers-viewing-checklist-5348

Singaporeans are very savvy when it comes to properties, so do a lot of homework, be realistic and open.

Cant remember where i read this, the seller is obligated to tell the buyer the house had someone died in it (only IF the buyer asks).

10 minutes ago, keyboard said:

Here's the technical portion,

http://www.moneysense.gov.sg/Life-Events/Buying-a-Home.aspx

a "checklist" if it applies to you,

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-resources/singapore-buy-property-guides/buyers-viewing-checklist-5348

Singaporeans are very savvy when it comes to properties, so do a lot of homework, be realistic and open.

Cant remember where i read this, the seller is obligated to tell the buyer the house had someone died in it (only IF the buyer asks).

Thanks for the chat list.

I am currently planning to look into Serangoon, Bishan, Toa Payoh areas.  Earlier on I was considering Tampines cos I was used to

the East.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6 August 2016 at 11:11 AM, Guest Guest said:

Try centralized mature estates such as TPY - Toa Payoh  , Ang Mo Kio (AMK) , Bishan area if you can . It does not matter whether condos , private houses or flats , living in a centralised location anywhere in the world is a definite plus !

Why a definite plus living in a centralised location? I think depends on your work location. If you work in jurong or tuas, stay in centralised will be far.

On 8/4/2016 at 11:38 AM, lifeart said:

On 8/6/2016 at 0:18 PM, lifeart said:

Thanks for the chat list.

I am currently planning to look into Serangoon, Bishan, Toa Payoh areas.  Earlier on I was considering Tampines cos I was used to

the East.  

Under the resale market, it is important to check for the condition of the house as well as the surroundings. View the house at different timings to get a better sense of what it is like. As an agent, we love to drive the client around as it saves time between viewings. If you are not familiar with the area, don't let the agent drive you there. Instead, take the bus so that you can really get a sense of what the journey is like for your everyday in future.

Look around the block for tell-tale signs. Any vandalism on the stairs, lifts, urine marks / empty bottles lying around the void deck. These are what we check before meeting the clients. Even if you are not afraid of loansharks banging on your neighbours or your door, it means bargaining chips to press down the price.

Find out what your neighbours are like. If possible, take the opportunity to smile and talk to them. I always tell them that I'm the agent marketing / bringing their potential neighbours to view. Older folks tend to let in some information regarding the neighbourhood.

When in the house, draw all the curtains and look out of the window. Press your hands against the walls (evening viewings) and use your compass to check (west sun or if you believe in fortune). It is also important to look at the water piping in the toilets as well as the ceiling for water marks and/or condition of false ceiling. Find out if the cabinets are built-in or will be removed upon purchase.

If you don't intend for renovation, check out the wiring, flooring, if the cabinets can be easily opened / spoil. Test the gas cooker hobs and the water taps. If the rubbish chute is internal, open it to look for signs of infestation. Last but not else, test the air-con. If you are too shy to do it, request that your agent do it for you.

If you are completing the entire process yourself, check and double check the timeline of the process. Make sure you have all your documents in order. Know that many stuff are negotiable, don't follow blindly. If you engage an agent, make sure he is really working for you. Don't shy away from questions. Ask him / her to find out for you if they are not sure. Ask your agent to help you calculate your financials, introduce you a banker. Agents like myself earn a small percentage of commission when we successfully introduce you a banker of which you take your loan from. You benefit as you don't have to queue in the bank, the banker will actually meet you at your convenience. 

If you engage an agent, be specific with your needs and wants, what you hope for your house. That will help to narrow the search and save yourself time from endless viewings. Best is to stick to 1 agent as a buyer. Get them to arrange for multiple viewings for you within day to save time!

Last but not least, if you want to engage me please PM me :P

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.