Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Guest Sipooning
5 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

What reason to rent out?

U need hdb to approve

I rent out my 2 room 1.2k not include pub

You spoil market.  Liddat very "si-poon".

Guest Sayaning
12 hours ago, Guest GuestBTO2RM said:

I got my BTO 2 room in 2019. It’s been a year. I am actually using it for storage so I don’t stay there.

Just wondering, if I rent it out, how much rental can it fetch? It’s at Buangkok Green.

If I sell it after 5 years, what is the likely amount it can fetch?

You business owner issit.  Store all your products to sell issit?  If you don't stay there to create activities,  dirty thing will cum and make it their dwelling place.  If you sell, next time want to get another one very difficult, lower chance liao.  Very "sa-yang" not to stay there when other people want also no have.

Guest guest
49 minutes ago, Guest Sayaning said:

You business owner issit.  Store all your products to sell issit?  If you don't stay there to create activities,  dirty thing will cum and make it their dwelling place.  If you sell, next time want to get another one very difficult, lower chance liao.  Very "sa-yang" not to stay there when other people want also no have.

Quite true, many people want to buy 2 rm flat also don't have, maybe cannot afford or can afford but never lucky enough to get a queue number. And yet he managed to bought one 2 rm flat and don't stay. Houses no people stay for long period, things inside would get deteriorate and very difficult to clean, also house long time no people stay no good.

Guest guest
4 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

Yes to rent out u need approval.

I go overseas work long term.

Company give me 1 mth to move

Now you still work overseas?

2 room flat need approval even after 5 years MOP period? Why so? If need approval before 5 years MOP then i understand.

55 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Quite true, many people want to buy 2 rm flat also don't have, maybe cannot afford or can afford but never lucky enough to get a queue number. And yet he managed to bought one 2 rm flat and don't stay. Houses no people stay for long period, things inside would get deteriorate and very difficult to clean, also house long time no people stay no good.

1 hour ago, Guest Sayaning said:

Lol u r very smart. I was running a store but decided to close shop. At the same time a friend was staying there. So instead of wasting money on renting storage space I asked my friend to move out and use it for my own business storage.

When I first bought it I did intend to stay there. But after waiting for 4 years, plans change and now I don’t intend and don’t need to stay there anymore.

55 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Now you still work overseas?

2 room flat need approval even after 5 years MOP period? Why so? If need approval before 5 years MOP then i understand.

The idea of letting single to buy a 2 room flat is for you to stay there even after 5 years unless u plan to sell it,  for those planning to rent,  3 rooms  resale is the only option. 

Guest guest
17 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

Yes overseas for 3y

Ok I cannot confirm 

But pap no let u earn money using hdb

But 3 room flat and above which after 5 years MOP, no need to get hdb approval to rent out whole unit. But only need to register the tenant in hdb website.

Guest guest
17 hours ago, Guest BTO said:

Lol u r very smart. I was running a store but decided to close shop. At the same time a friend was staying there. So instead of wasting money on renting storage space I asked my friend to move out and use it for my own business storage.

When I first bought it I did intend to stay there. But after waiting for 4 years, plans change and now I don’t intend and don’t need to stay there anymore.

You waited 4 years for your 2 room bto? Quite long wait. If don't need to stay there, might as well sell it before the price drop.

Assumption 1: Anyone can rent out their flat after the Minimum Occupancy Period (MOP)

Many HDB flat owners are acquainted with the MOP, where they need to wait at least 5 years before subletting HDB flats.. However, there are certain fine prints around this rule that one needs to be aware of:

• Singapore Permanent Residents are not allowed to sublet their flat, even if they have fulfilled the MOP.
  • One can however, rent out spare rooms in their HDB flat without fulfilling the MOP.
  • You need to check the tenant’s eligibility to rent the entire HDB flat as well. Since Jan 1, non-Malaysian work permit holders from the manufacturing sector will no longer be able to rent the entire HDB flat.
  • Even if you have fulfilled the MOP, you still need the prior approval of HDB before you go on to rent out the entire flat.

Assumption 2: I can rent out my flat during the MOP by keeping one room for my occasional visits

To skirt around the rule of not renting out the entire flat during the MOP, some home-owners try to keep one bedroom locked and use the excuse that they are “occupying” the room to make sure they are not flouting the rules.

It is mandatory that the owners and all authorised occupiers must continue to live in the flat with the subtenants during the period of subletting. In the event that the owners do not live in the flat, the registration for the subletting of bedrooms will be revoked automatically and it will be deemed as if the landlord is renting out the whole flat without HDB’s approval. HDB will be able to carry out investigations and take actions against the flat owners under the Housing & Development Act.   

Assumption 5: I can rent out the HDB flat/room to a tenant for as long as I want

HDB flats are considered subsidised public housing, so if you are thinking of renting them out long term to the same tenant, it is unfortunately not allowed. The maximum subletting period is 3 years per application, but if one of more subtenants is a non-Malaysian, the subletting period is only 1.5 years.

You can however, rent out the HDB flat or room continuously to different tenants for a minimum subletting period of 6 months per application.

Can I rent out my HDB before mop?
Many HDB flat owners are acquainted with the MOP, where they need to wait at least 5 years before subletting HDB flats.. ... One can however, rent out spare rooms in their HDB flat without fulfilling the MOP. You need to check the tenant's eligibility to rent the entire HDB flat as well.

Guest guest
Just now, Guest BTO said:

Everything thickhead wrote is correct. Very well researched.

its kind of hard to rent out a 2 room flat, approval or not.

2 rm flat is cheap when bought, so hdb would not so easy to let you profit on rental.

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

2 rm flat is cheap when bought, so hdb would not so easy to let you profit on rental.

3 hours ago, Guest BTO said:

Everything thickhead wrote is correct. Very well researched.

its kind of hard to rent out a 2 room flat, approval or not.

Can rent out

like me w valid reason 

2 day they give me approval 

• 2 months later...
Guest guest
11 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

not first time sharing how "fortunate" we are n i didnt even fork out a single cent of cash , just dump my CPF all on it, yes, i dont have a loan too , i didnt use loan
Covid - HK is definitely abv Gold standard, but but......when it comes to flat, HK then dropped till below bronze.........

n yes, my flat not in woodlands! very near cdb

Near cbd is good only if you work in town area. If you work in tuas, very far if you stay near cbd.

26 minutes ago, dragon80 said:

If single sell off 2-room bto, can buy bto again? 

Yes but you can only BTO a maximum of 2 times in your whole life. After that have to buy resale or private.

Guest guest
On 6/9/2020 at 8:35 PM, dragon80 said:

If single sell off 2-room bto, can buy bto again? 

You can only buy another 2 room flat bto if you sell off your current 2 room flat.

• 1 month later...

I viewed a resale HDB recently under Single SC scheme. On the viewing day, found that it is at level 14 and the unit number also ended with number 4. 

As you know, some of us may pantang house number with number 4 especially Chinese. I felt comfortable when viewing the house. I am fine with that and like the house. However my parents disagree with the house as they are the typical traditional folks. My parents will not stay there with me.

What's your views on this.

3 hours ago, Guest Sun said:

I viewed a resale HDB recently under Single SC scheme. On the viewing day, found that it is at level 14 and the unit number also ended with number 4. 

As you know, some of us may pantang house number with number 4 especially Chinese. I felt comfortable when viewing the house. I am fine with that and like the house. However my parents disagree with the house as they are the typical traditional folks. My parents will not stay there with me.

u staying not yr parents

who paying, u paying

important is u like it 

Guest guest
3 hours ago, Guest Sun said:

Doesn't matter your unit number has 4, most importantly is you feel comfortable with the house, the facing and the location. 4 can also means happy. 

On 6/10/2020 at 3:09 AM, thickhead79 said:

I think from ballot to get key to move in take average 3 years

also depend on how high the flat 

mine only 13 level.

i apply at age 35, move in at age 38

2-room flat means 1 bedroom and 1 living room.  In general, HDB don't approve renting out a 2-room flat with the exception that you need to work overseas for one year or more.  When your overseas assignment ends, you have to stop renting.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest guest
1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

2-room flat means 1 bedroom and 1 living room.  In general, HDB don't approve renting out a 2-room flat with the exception that you need to work overseas for one year or more.  When your overseas assignment ends, you have to stop renting.

You can do anything you want but don't get caught.

11 hours ago, LeanMature said:

yes i rent out with approval from HDB cos i working overseas

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, Since u r here said:

EM can buy at $500K? Where to find such a cheap EM? $500k even for some HDB can only buy a 4 room. Or maybe ulu location 5 room. Also when hdb ruling for single to buy resale flat changed? I thought if single wants to buy a resale HDB, he/she can only eligible to buy up to hdb size of 5 room? And cannot buy EA/EM? Or Dennis Chew bought this EM not under single scheme?

27 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

dont know , they said must be an Ulu place 

Even ulu place, an hdb EM also cannot find $500k. Maybe this unit is on 2nd level? Also EM not common in every estate, only some estate have such flat.

Guest Plenty
27 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Even ulu place, an hdb EM also cannot find $500k. Maybe this unit is on 2nd level? Also EM not common in every estate, only some estate have such flat.

I think commonly build in the 1980s period. A lot spread across in Singapore. You are spolt for choice.  

23 hours ago, Guest Plenty said:

I think commonly build in the 1980s period. A lot spread across in Singapore. You are spolt for choice.  

which location selling EM at $500K?

11 hours ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

It should be in area like boon lay,  chao chu kang,  bukit batok,  bukit panjang etc.... These areas u still can get 5 room at $400k range.

Actually EM is quite troublesome, u got to climb up and down a few times everyday,  i would rather go for a 5 room flat instead. 

I would rather get a EA, same size as EM but no need to climb the stairs. Having stairs at home no good esp when you are aging. And also dangerous as you might trip and fall at the stairs. I have an auntie who stay in EM and she told me she has fell at the stairs many times, luckily nothing much serious.

Those 5 room at $400k range, location should be very bad, far from MRT and need to take bus to MRT or mall. And maybe also have limited buses in the area. This is why the house can sell so cheap.

Guest I think so
14 hours ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

Actually EM is quite troublesome, u got to climb up and down a few times everyday,  i would rather go for a 5 room flat instead. 

Not suitable for elderly, if someday they became wheel-chair bound. Climbing those stairs can be exhausting to old folks.  Big, is not always better.  Practically, functionality, comfortability and convenienability is KEY.

Guest Thinking

Many of my relatives shifted house nearly 3 to 5 times. They wanted to earn "capital profit", but forgot that when they sell high, they buy high too.  What they did was to down-grade in order to maximise their profit return, but the money "earned" will run out very fast.  Now they stayed with their parents, and rent out their flat hoping that their parent flat will get "enbloc" and then transfer the name to the children who stayed there.  Now, they are still waiting, and the children is already 70yo.  I was thinking, what is the purpose of doing all this?  Why can't they just stay put, enjoy life, have a permanent shelter to stay  instead of all the hassle of shifting and moving until since in their 30s until 70 and remind "unsettle" physically and mentally?   I have no idea.  Singapore is not like other big country where you can leave the city to stay in the sub-urb or village to retire.  You are moving around with the city and there is no way you can find cheap lodging to downgrade and retire.  So ya,  I wonder how many people here do such silly things.   I think the trend of trying to capitalised property is quite rampant in the Malay community too?

Is actually a very asian thing, asian is responsible for jerking up prices of property in a lot of oversea market,  thats why like australia,  only the property developer drool over buyer with briefcase full of cash but the local hated them so much. 

For those are married, they can make money when they buy new flats,  after 5 years sold and make good profits and i believe they can do it twice.  So most of them would have clear their housing loan by 40. But for single,  there is no way unless u got enbloc, enbloc is just like strike toto. 

Edited by Letsrelaxpp

On 8/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, Letsrelaxpp said:

Is actually a very asian thing, asian is responsible for jerking up prices of property in a lot of oversea market,  thats why like australia,  only the property developer drool over buyer with briefcase full of cash but the local hated them so much. 

For those are married, they can make money when they buy new flats,  after 5 years sold and make good profits and i believe they can do it twice.  So most of them would have clear their housing loan by 40. But for single,  there is no way unless u got enbloc, enbloc is just like strike toto. 

Whether single or married, if you buy resale flat, not easy to make profits esp if you bought the flat expensive or the flat is quite old. Usually for old flat, no way you can make profit at all.

I think hdb has slow down or maybe already stop their enbloc scheme? Hardly see much enbloc now.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, Since u r here said:

if you are looking for one too, click on this link :

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-918-jurong-west-street-91-23054970

Jurong west is very affordable and quite nice estate. I visited a friend who lived there. Was amazed with his 4 room flat in the terms of spaciousness and price. Comparing to those in the east, It is really value for money. Good location to retire and lives comfortably without need to stay in JB. If you misses Malaysian foods, just head to jurong point to enjoy them. :):)

8 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

So according to the article, single can only buy resale flat from 2 room to 5 room. So how did dennis chew managed to buy a EM?

probably with her mum.... 

6 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Whether single or married, if you buy resale flat, not easy to make profits esp if you bought the flat expensive or the flat is quite old. Usually for old flat, no way you can make profit at all.

I think hdb has slow down or maybe already stop their enbloc scheme? Hardly see much enbloc now.

The last enbloc was in 2018 macpherson,  with covid  it is even more difficult. 

15 hours ago, FIRE2020 said:

if you are looking for one too, click on this link :

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-918-jurong-west-street-91-23054970

Jurong west is very affordable and quite nice estate. I visited a friend who lived there. Was amazed with his 4 room flat in the terms of spaciousness and price. Comparing to those in the east, It is really value for money. Good location to retire and lives comfortably without need to stay in JB. If you misses Malaysian foods, just head to jurong point to enjoy them. :):)

Jurong west location quite far from town and anywhere. No matter whether you are taking public transport or drive. Also Jurong area very high populated, you see jurong point area so crowded. Unless you work in Jurong area, maybe this place is good.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:59 PM, Guest guest said:

Jurong west location quite far from town and anywhere. No matter whether you are taking public transport or drive. Also Jurong area very high populated, you see jurong point area so crowded. Unless you work in Jurong area, maybe this place is good.

Actually I like the variety of foods in Jurong point and also it so big compare to those tiny mall in the east. Yes it is far from city but quite well connected with east west line. I just finds that the price of hdb flat there so affordable and also huge in size. Not a bad place to live during retirement where you do not need to travel much. Active sg gym is huge and there is swimming pool too. In the future will high speed train station in Jurong, going to Malaysia is so convenient. JW is good place to retire and no need to go JB. :):)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.