Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

This Khaw is really quite wishy-washy.

His ministry and himself should conduct some form of public conversation before opening their mouths.

This 2 room BTO details should be released simultaneously... location and price.

See this on CNA...talking about income ceiliing

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1259045/1/.html

In my limited understanding, those who need the flats are in the lower income bracket - so, SGD 5K seems to be a reasonable ceiling ... the priority is for the lesser wage earners to get their flats.. they must be taken care of first... the initial up-front payment is 20% or about SGD 20K. if the flats are priced at SGD 100K..

Furthermore if the flats are priced at SGD100K, can we pay off in a lump sum?

I am sure that at the age of 35, we would have worked for 8 to 10 years.

And thus, accumulated sufficient funds in our CPF to pay for the flat...

Also if we look into the timeline, BTO applications in Jully 2013.

Can HDB deliver the flats by 2016?

Are geninue applicants willing to wait that long?

Of course it is still premature to do anything at this moment as we still need to know the location/length of lease...

I think there should be no problem to pay in full if there r funds in cpf. When I bought my flat, hdb take away most money in my OA, which is more than the 20% of my flat. As its brand new flats, its resonable to wait abt 2 years for it to be built.

Guest Guest

The policy is designed so that single feel obligated to vote them into power again come 2016

Was my previous post deleted? I was saying that I doubt you can make anybody happy by fitting them into a pigeon hole. Was there something wrong with that?

This is good news for singles. What is not surprising is some people are never satisfied.finding faults for nothing will do singapore harm. Thank you abang for the link that clarified that a 2rm flat cost below 98k instead of 200k someone mentioned.

Excuse me. What do you mean "some people are never satisfied"? On the contrary, it is exactly because of people like you who are so easily satisfied with meagre handouts that this country is regressing. You remind me of those rural folks in Thailand who put Thaksin into power because he bought their votes for $1 each.

I grew up in a one bedroom HDB flat (probably about 30sqm) with 6 other family members & lived there for 15 years. 

Few years ago, I bought a 46sqm private apartment for $400k. It is near Little India & it consists of a bedroom, open concept kitchen, bay windows & a balcony! Becoz there is no bomb shelter, I have to spend money to build full height cabinets so as to maximize space to keep the barang barang (eg; pails, mop, unused newspapers). Open concept kitchen also dont really allow heavy cooking. Two of my frens (one was renting 2 bedroom condo  & the other was staying with her parents) commented that the size of the apartment is 'not livable', expensive & they will never want to stay near Little India. 

Now (5 years later), the one who was renting a 2-bedroom condo could no longer afford it (rental jumped by 40%) & he has downgraded to a old rented 2-bedroom HDB flat. The other fren, as the brother has gotten married & have kids, she has no choice but to buy a $430k resale 2 bedroom HDB flat.

My point is: True, the 45sqm flat offered by the government, in terms of size, location & rules may not be ideal. If one has the money, we can buy any location & any size apartment. But let's be realistic & thankful that there is an opportunity to own a place which we can call it our 'home'. I would rather stay in a smaller place which no one can force me to leave, have minimal loan & peace of mind than to stay in a bigger & more beautiful place where I am subjected to rental fluctuation, landlord's face & don't have a sense of stability. 

Question is, is the quality of Singapore HDB flat so 'unlivable'??? If yes, please compare it to Hong Kong. Also, is living in non-mature estate really that horrible & far from town? For those who have lived in big foreign countries, you would have known that to travel to city, it might take easily more than an hour or two to be there. Furthermore, which mature estate don't start off from non-mature estate?

Let's not be too critical about the offer. No one is forcing us to take it up. And btw, I am not trying to support the government. I just want us to be realistic & approach it with a less critical attitude. 

Guest guest

Was my previous post deleted? I was saying that I doubt you can make anybody happy by fitting them into a pigeon hole. Was there something wrong with that?

Excuse me. What do you mean "some people are never satisfied"? On the contrary, it is exactly because of people like you who are so easily satisfied with meagre handouts that this country is regressing. You remind me of those rural folks in Thailand who put Thaksin into power because he bought their votes for $1 each.

hey mutherfuc ker, shut your trap hoe. Did I respond to you? You can demand khaw to build and give you your flat built next to MBS if that's what you wish. You don't not have an ounce of right to think you are better that me or anyone. I am sure you are the mutherfuc fuc k e r who said singapore is obsessed with being No 1 in everything, your expectation so high, than you get the f uc k out lah. Whining bitch, always bitch bitch bitch. Fuc k off and go suck your birches tits.

Guest guest

I grew up in a one bedroom HDB flat (probably about 30sqm) with 6 other family members & lived there for 15 years.

Few years ago, I bought a 46sqm private apartment for $400k. It is near Little India & it consists of a bedroom, open concept kitchen, bay windows & a balcony! Becoz there is no bomb shelter, I have to spend money to build full height cabinets so as to maximize space to keep the barang barang (eg; pails, mop, unused newspapers). Open concept kitchen also dont really allow heavy cooking. Two of my frens (one was renting 2 bedroom condo & the other was staying with her parents) commented that the size of the apartment is 'not livable', expensive & they will never want to stay near Little India.

Now (5 years later), the one who was renting a 2-bedroom condo could no longer afford it (rental jumped by 40%) & he has downgraded to a old rented 2-bedroom HDB flat. The other fren, as the brother has gotten married & have kids, she has no choice but to buy a $430k resale 2 bedroom HDB flat.

My point is: True, the 45sqm flat offered by the government, in terms of size, location & rules may not be ideal. If one has the money, we can buy any location & any size apartment. But let's be realistic & thankful that there is an opportunity to own a place which we can call it our 'home'. I would rather stay in a smaller place which no one can force me to leave, have minimal loan & peace of mind than to stay in a bigger & more beautiful place where I am subjected to rental fluctuation, landlord's face & don't have a sense of stability.

Question is, is the quality of Singapore HDB flat so 'unlivable'??? If yes, please compare it to Hong Kong. Also, is living in non-mature estate really that horrible & far from town? For those who have lived in big foreign countries, you would have known that to travel to city, it might take easily more than an hour or two to be there. Furthermore, which mature estate don't start off from non-mature estate?

Let's not be too critical about the offer. No one is forcing us to take it up. And btw, I am not trying to support the government. I just want us to be realistic & approach it with a less critical attitude.

wow! Looks like the PAP is mobilizing its barking dogs in full force! Another PAP boot licker.

Guest guest

Few years ago, I bought a 46sqm private apartment for $400k. It is near Little India & it consists of a bedroom, open concept kitchen, bay windows & a balcony! Becoz there is no bomb shelter, I have to spend money to build full height cabinets so as to maximize space to keep the barang barang (eg; pails, mop, unused newspapers). Open concept kitchen also dont really allow heavy cooking. Two of my frens (one was renting 2 bedroom condo & the other was staying with her parents) commented that the size of the apartment is 'not livable', expensive & they will never want to stay near Little India.

typical rich man telling us to be contented. If we demand to stay in bigger flats at no cost its our right. People like you should be much more heavily taxed and money redistributed to us the regular folks. You are nothing but a filthy piece of shit and PAP supporter.how much are you paid to spread your masters rubbish?

Guest Guest

hey mutherfuc ker, shut your trap hoe. Did I respond to you? You can demand khaw to build and give you your flat built next to MBS if that's what you wish. You don't not have an ounce of right to think you are better that me or anyone. I am sure you are the mutherfuc fuc k e r who said singapore is obsessed with being No 1 in everything, your expectation so high, than you get the f uc k out lah. Whining bitch, always bitch bitch bitch. Fuc k off and go suck your birches tits.

Look at how uncivilised u are. This guest is a singaporean. He has his rights to have a certain level of expectation. It is his constitutional right that if he is not satisfied, he can express it via his vote, just like u have your right to lick boot. He does not deserve such vulgarity hurled at him.

If u read the post in page 1 carefully, where is the suggestion that a 2 room flat is sold at 200k. It was mentioned that we should be relieved if it is below 200k. Please open your eyes and read carefully before u hurl such profanities. There is a lot of difference between selling at 200k and selling below 200k.

Guest Guest

typical rich man telling us to be contented. If we demand to stay in bigger flats at no cost its our right. People like you should be much more heavily taxed and money redistributed to us the regular folks. You are nothing but a filthy piece of shit and PAP supporter.how much are you paid to spread your masters rubbish?

It is our right to set our expectations. If the ministers can be paid a few times times above what obama is being paid, then it is not unreasonable for us to set our expectations higher than what US citizens expect of obama. There is no shame in feeling discontented at the present situation. 

In the past Mr Goh wants to run everything like a business. In the first place, GST at 7%, they weren't contented, they wanted to raise it further but stopped because we all know why. If their greed is so insatiable, what's wrong with our high expectations?

Guest Guest

Look at how uncivilised u are. This guest is a singaporean. He has his rights to have a certain level of expectation. It is his constitutional right that if he is not satisfied, he can express it via his vote, just like u have your right to lick boot. He does not deserve such vulgarity hurled at him.

If u read the post in page 1 carefully, where is the suggestion that a 2 room flat is sold at 200k. It was mentioned that we should be relieved if it is below 200k. Please open your eyes and read carefully before u hurl such profanities. There is a lot of difference between selling at 200k and selling below 200k.

Guest Guest

HOE! Are you creating a class divide? Am I uncivilized? If yes so what mutherfuc ker? Profanities? Fu ck is fu ck, use big word "Profanities". Your cock laughing? I did not respond to you arsehole chao Chee bye.

Guest Guest

wah sia! Pap sending its puppies to bark?

Guest Guest

Our flats here are much better than HK, this is true. Why not compare our flats to Australia, or US or korea or Taiwan? Might as well compare our flats to philippines or myanmar or cambodia and conclude that our flats are palaces.

We pay our ministers millions, so we are entitled to higher expectations. HK people don't serve NS. And if HK people are dissatisfied, they will vote our their legislators. And they don't have a big bunch of people from third world countries on employment passes taking away their jobs despite also having ageing population. 

Guest Guest

Our flats here are much better than HK, this is true. Why not compare our flats to Australia, or US or korea or Taiwan? Might as well compare our flats to philippines or myanmar or cambodia and conclude that our flats are palaces.

We pay our ministers millions, so we are entitled to higher expectations. HK people don't serve NS. And if HK people are dissatisfied, they will vote our their legislators. And they don't have a big bunch of people from third world countries on employment passes taking away their jobs despite also having ageing population.

dumb fuc k, HK is filled with prcs working there. Don't act smart. We all know you are a pap puppy.

Guest Guest

HOE! Are you creating a class divide? Am I uncivilized? If yes so what mutherfuc ker? Profanities? Fu ck is fu ck, use big word "Profanities". Your cock laughing? I did not respond to you arsehole chao Chee bye.

people here have eyes to see who is the mother fucker and who is the arsehole chao chee bye.

Boys,

Please. No name calling.

Thanks to the forum user whom reminds us of the cramped condition we used to live in - back in the 60s, 70s and probably 80s.

I think most of us (above 30) would have the experience of sharing rooms with at least one of our siblings.

Life was simpler then and none of us would think of moving out of the family, unless we are married.

The forum user has also highlighted a very valid point, i.e. home ownership.

From a financial viewpoint, paying mortgage is definitely the better option over renting.

It is important for us to have a roof above us - renting is temporary and we are helping to owner to pay his mortgage!

The issue at hand is whether the proposed BTO is a viable one.

I dont really understand why there is a need to be emotional about it now.

So, let us adopt a wait-and-see attitude.

We can only exercise our options when the details are announced officially....

We have the choice whether to buy a new 2 room flat or a resale bigger flat...

Edited by abang

Guest Guest

Few years ago, I bought a 46sqm private apartment for $400k. It is near Little India & it consists of a bedroom, open concept kitchen, bay windows & a balcony! Becoz there is no bomb shelter, I have to spend money to build full height cabinets so as to maximize space to keep the barang barang (eg; pails, mop, unused newspapers). Open concept kitchen also dont really allow heavy cooking. Two of my frens (one was renting 2 bedroom condo  & the other was staying with her parents) commented that the size of the apartment is 'not livable', expensive & they will never want to stay near Little India. 

So you got a 46sqm unit for $400k, making it $800psf. And you really call it affordable/livable?

While you want us to be realistic and approach it with a less critical attitude, perhaps you should also consider doing the same thing too. We are looking at government flats, and you just managed to get yours for $800 psf. Did the Hong Kongers get their government flats at that type of price, or did they get private houses at that price? While you seemed to imply that Hong Kong is "unlivable", are you aware that our population density is much higher than Hong Kong now? And the irony lies in the fact that China is at the doorstep of Hong Kong, not Singapore.

I don't know about you. But when I was a kid, my parents will NEVER let me off if I come home with a "fail" in my report card, even though there are classmates performing worse off than I did. Why do people just love to compare us to countries which they think are faring worse than us? And sometimes, these people (like you) are even deluding themselves into thinking that those countries are worse off than us.

Guest Guest

Was my previous post deleted? I was saying that I doubt you can make anybody happy by fitting them into a pigeon hole. Was there something wrong with that?

Excuse me. What do you mean "some people are never satisfied"? On the contrary, it is exactly because of people like you who are so easily satisfied with meagre handouts that this country is regressing. You remind me of those rural folks in Thailand who put Thaksin into power because he bought their votes for $1 each.

I guess I was right to be reminded of those rural folks in Thailand. But again, those people there still have better manners ...

Guest guest

We guest will oppose anything and everything the pap government says or implement. We will find fault with all policies. We will endorse anything the opposition suggest and hammer everything pap and its puppy dogs say.

Guest Guest

We guest will oppose anything and everything the pap government says or implement. We will find fault with all policies. We will endorse anything the opposition suggest and hammer everything pap and its puppy dogs say.

Is this a new tactic by pappies Internet brigade? By disguising themselves as opp supporters n acting all boorish n unreasonable so as to paint a picture that all opp supporters behave like this n repel the fence sitters away from the cause? I'm so smart to see through the devil tactics. Lol

This is something that I can look forward to when I reach 35 then.. A place to call my own, not something that I've to pay arm and leg for it.

Afterall not tht bad having to stay in a brand new flat, even it is a 2 rm flat. Actually I dun mind buy a bto 2 rm flat and stay first, when later if the resale flat price gone down and can afford, still can move to a bigger flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Guest

Afterall not tht bad having to stay in a brand new flat, even it is a 2 rm flat. Actually I dun mind buy a bto 2 rm flat and stay first, when later if the resale flat price gone down and can afford, still can move to a bigger flat.

Your timing must get it right hor. Once u buy bto or any resale, u are bounded by minimum occupation of 5 years. And when u sell, u must find out whether u need to pay any resale levy. The resale levy part is quite confusing (to me).

Not so simple like change boyfriend. Need to find out properly first. Sorry i cant advise u because i myself is not too familiar. 

Hehe, actually if the neighborhood not tat bad, I wud stay till retirement.. That way won't be spending so much. The space would be just nice...

If the resale levy is the same as resale flat, wild rather buy the bto flat. After all it is a new flat, renovation fees shld be lower than resale flat. Buying an old resale flat, if u dun renovate the whole hse, not very nice to stay.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

y not all the single gay apply at the same time for BTO. than all gay can be neighbour.and sengkang can become gay city.

Cause not all gay want to be out in real life. Your idea of a gay utopia village will not work.

y not all the single gay apply at the same time for BTO. than all gay can be neighbour.and sengkang can become gay city.

Wondering wht will be other locations other than sengkang, tht they will allow singles to buy bto flat?

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest guest

but i thought everyone who  apply there are  singles?isnt  it so clear that mp khaw gathering the singles together at sengkang?Birds of a feather flocks together. maybe the gay sauna can move all there for cheaper rental. maybe another outlet for taboo?

If the demand is there, I believe they will build in other locations as well, dun think only sengkang. But other than sengkang is an immature estate, I cannot think of other places? Unless they are referring to the upcoming undeveloped town, like tengah etc.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Woodlands north could be one?

Anyone have experience of living in a 2 room flat? I'm very surprised of the bomb shelter in it, it's really small, so when bomb come just squat and face four walls ah, very clastrophobic. :mellow:

Also when resale/rental goes down, means selling house will be more difficult. Kinda  mean that when you want to upgrade, you can't get a good price for selling your BTO.

Govt always like to compare with worse countries when they want to downplay and lower expectations, but when they want to increase say GST, they always use other countries that charge more so you feel less... I don't find any point in comparing when most of us in singapore is so educated. It works for the older generation, but times have changed.

Guest Guest

Are you sure HK people can vote out their legislators?? For your info, only less than half of legislators up for election by the people, the rest are appointed by PRC.

Try watching more HK TV to understand how very very unhappy HK people are. Even though everything from food, housing and Parking (yes parking, not car) are sky high, there is nothing they can do about it because they can't vote to kick out the government. And for your info, a fresh grad earn HK10,000-15,000 (ie. SG 1,600 - 2500), but a small 45 sqm apartment in outskirt like YuenLong (like Tuas in SG) with no MRT connection cost SGD500-600K

And for your info, it is also not difficult to find employment for foreigner in HK if you want. As long as you are a graduate and company is willing to take you in, you can be assure of a work permit, it is not difficult at all. However they typically work 6 days weeks, yes 6 days and average working hr clocked a day  is definitely more than 8hrs. That's why they need so many Public Holiday to balance it out. Also the rental can kill you

Don't worry, nearer to next GE2016 the salary ceiling and unit size will be raised as election sweetener. If now give you high salary ceiling and unit size, there will be nothing to increase in 2016.

If all the singles are in non mature estates, will the be gay village? Kekeke

Guest Guest

Don't worry, nearer to next GE2016 the salary ceiling and unit size will be raised as election sweetener. If now give you high salary ceiling and unit size, there will be nothing to increase in 2016.

If all the singles are in non mature estates, will the be gay village? Kekeke

what an elitist comment. U mean from now till 2016,we singaporeans cannot demand increase in salary? We cannot demand larger units and accept just a 2 room flat? Hello no! Hdb should be of acceptable standard of at least 800sq feet and immediate slash in prices across the board to a max of 100k for all new flats. Resale flat prices must all be capped at 300k as a hdb flat is our HOME n not a profit driven product!

For salary wise, we are suppressed for many many years! Fresh grads shd be given a start salary of 3.5k and 13 months and at least 1month bonus is a must! MOM must make it a rule that all employees have annual salary increase of 5% on top of the Inglation rate.

As your name suggest you are attas high class Evian. We Singaporeans are forced to drink New Water not Evian, but spell your name backwards punk and see what it says.

as a hdb flat is our HOME n not a profit driven product!

Agree with the above, was just thinking why as all tax payers, we are subsidizing public housing for those who are married etc without any chance to own a flat and have to pay market rates. I feel all citizens should be "allowed" to get BTO flats at subsidized rates, and am ok with giving priority (higher % allocation per block) to those who are more in "need (married, kids, single parents etc)". The only thing this causes is that HDB will have to play a better game at "predicting" what to do with flats that people don't want (if they actually invested in systems that can capture more information on exactly what homeowners are looking for in the flat).

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1259173/1/.html

SINGAPORE: National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan has rebutted claims that the new scheme, which allows singles to buy new flats directly from the government, appeals to only a small group of people.

Mr Khaw had announced last week that singles aged 35 and above who earn up to S$5,000 a month will be allowed to apply for two-room Build-to-Order (BTO) flats.

He was responding to a clarification raised by MP for Nee Soon GRC Lee Bee Wah in Parliament.

Ms Lee said she had received feedback from her residents that they might not fall into the 5,000-dollar income ceiling.

Separately, Mr Khaw said he had also received feedback that the new scheme is something that only a few can enjoy.

In response, Mr Khaw said more than 80 per cent of singles aged above 35 earn under S$5,000.

Mr Khaw stressed this is not a small group.

He said it is fair to open up the scheme to this group of singles first, before reviewing the conditions again.

Mr Khaw added if the demand is manageable, he will definitely consider raising the income ceiling.

"If you set too high a salary ceiling, what it means is when you have to ration and through balloting, then it is luck of the draw and you may end up offering units to those who are earning S$10,000, while depriving those who are truly earning S$4,000 or S$3,000, who may need it more badly and have fewer options," explained Mr Khaw.

Mr Khaw added that it is not possible to try and forge a perfect solution in policy making.

He said his approach is to be clear of where the end point is, but to start off cautiously and progressively open up.

This is opposed to opening up in a liberal manner in the beginning, and risk disappointing many at the first stage.

Responding to another point raised by Ms Lee that some might prefer to buy three-room flats so that they can live with their parents, Mr Khaw said he understood the wish.

He added some have also written to him to ask for five-room flats.

But Mr Khaw said his ministry will need to judge the demand for the two-room flats first, before liberalising from there.

As for those who want to stay with their parents, Mr Khaw said they can already apply as a family unit for three, four, or five-room BTO units.

- CNA/xq

Guest Guest

Are you sure HK people can vote out their legislators?? For your info, only less than half of legislators up for election by the people, the rest are appointed by PRC.

Try watching more HK TV to understand how very very unhappy HK people are. Even though everything from food, housing and Parking (yes parking, not car) are sky high, there is nothing they can do about it because they can't vote to kick out the government. And for your info, a fresh grad earn HK10,000-15,000 (ie. SG 1,600 - 2500), but a small 45 sqm apartment in outskirt like YuenLong (like Tuas in SG) with no MRT connection cost SGD500-600K

And for your info, it is also not difficult to find employment for foreigner in HK if you want. As long as you are a graduate and company is willing to take you in, you can be assure of a work permit, it is not difficult at all. However they typically work 6 days weeks, yes 6 days and average working hr clocked a day  is definitely more than 8hrs. That's why they need so many Public Holiday to balance it out. Also the rental can kill you

That is right. HK people cannot vote out their legislators, and we can. So that is why we are in a better position to forge our own future comes 2016. And I know I will do my part that time.

While you want to keep your eye on HK TV, perhaps you should also be keeping your eye on the current environment here in Singapore to see how unhappy we Singaporeans are. You don't need a TV to see that, you only need to live here to see that. And yes, a "small 45 sqm apartment in outskirt like YuenLong (like Tuas in SG) with no MRT connection cost SGD500-600K", but is that a PUBLIC housing or a PRIVATE CONDOMINIUM? And furthermore, tell me how much MORE is a Hong Konger paid relative to a Singaporean? So let's not pull wool over our eyes by telling us to focus only on a small sector of their cost, and not letting us look at the entire picture to include their income.

And even if it is not difficult to find employment for foreigners in HK, foreigners are usually handicapped by the need to know Cantonese proficiently juust so that they can go about with their basic living without a hitch. But over here, English and Mandarin is the normal way of converation and you can basically get away EVERYWHERE knowing either one. And I would say eaily 80% of this planet would know at least one of the two languages.   

Guest maxiplay

layout.jpg

The above diagram is taken from HDB website.

It shows the layout of a typical 2 room flat.

To me, the bedroom is relatively small... what do you guys think?

45 square metres is sufficient?

Based on HDB Rivervale Arc notice:

The price range for a 2 room flat is between SGD 68K to SGD 96K...

Okay, la, have seen the 2 room mock up at HDB open sales gallery, to me l'm okay with the 45 sq size and price, only the furniture, cabinet or so call wardrobe won't be design or layout and place that way, remember: "东西是死的,人是活的". And dun buy to much unnecessary garbage at home, sure enough space to move about plus, one thing advantage is.... easy to do cleaning job, and think far..... if govt. give "angbao" in future, smaller flat owner will get more $$$, new 3 room will be just nice, but if really budget in tight condition, 2 room will just enough for single.... just only dun like the non-mature location, damn ulu like hell. hope they can release some mature estate then will be better. ^ ^ agree??? ;)  ;)  ;)

Give an inch and you want a foot.. 6 inches want a foot long dick.. u sure ur ass can handle? The greed of man knows no bounds

2 room is more than sufficient for a single. Most singles live in their own bed room aka smaller than 1 room. Its probably 4-6 times the size of a typical hostel size. You got the shelter as semi-storage space, living room can utilize to increase storage capacity. In fact the entire house is probably a huge bedroom for Singles

Guest Guest

You can go Ikea Tampines to feel how cosy is a 35 sq m.

u sure ikea mockup is cosy? yes maybe initially but u will realise u practically have no storage space to put ur barang barang.

basically small unit like this is just for u to come home n sleep. if u r a homely person, u will end up just nua on ur bed the entire day!

As for those who want to stay with their parents, Mr Khaw said they can already apply as a family unit for three, four, or five-room BTO units.

My exact sentiments ...

One lingering thought in my mind is "The singles are moving out because they want their personal space.  Living with parents is not the option for many.  If they want to live with their parents, then there is no issue at all.  They can go for the bigger flats."

This Khaw is definitely no better than Mah BT...when and how this ministry become a hot potato?

From the diagram, actually 2 rm flat consider quite sufficient for one person to stay. Also so much easier to clean up the hse, if u know how to renovate and design the space given, the flat sure looks very nice. But read in the newspaper today, report says tht abt 80% of singles here earn below $5k. Tht's y they cap at $5k to eligible to buy the bto flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

I think as we get older and we stock up more personal belongings, a 2 room flat is inadequate.

Yes you may share the same bed as your bf but don't you want some personal space, e.g. a space where you two can do things individually..... like reading...

Pls. Not everyone is like u. There are some of us who find 40+ sq m good enuff.

Guest guest

I am a bi married man. I have wife and two kids. I am also staying with my parents. I am glad that single gay men has the right to buy direct hdb from the government. I am against those gays who felt they have as much rights as I to have a flat bigger than a 3 room hdb. If I with a family of 5 people have an EQUAL chance as a Single man to a hdb 5 room flat, is that fair? If the government gives singles as much rights as married people to. Hdb flat bigger than 3 room than I will bring it up. I do hope that the opposition will protest against such moves by some single people Ho felt they have as much rights as people with a family.

Guest guest

My exact sentiments ...

One lingering thought in my mind is "The singles are moving out because they want their personal space. Living with parents is not the option for many. If they want to live with their parents, then there is no issue at all. They can go for the bigger flats."

This Khaw is definitely no better than Mah BT...when and how this ministry become a hot potato?

how can Khaw be same as Mah? U kidding? How hot bto flats for singles at less than 100k and I still complaint? I lost all respect for you as you are greedy and do not think for society at large. All about greed and a " me me me" attitude.

Well, to each his own.

I am currently living in a 4-room flat with 3 bedrooms, one large living room and one kitchen (all in 1040 square feet).

I know it is quite a luxury for 3 persons, namely myself, mom and her domestic care-giver to use the space.

I dont have that much of things but I like uncluttered space ....

Perhaps I should have an open house/a gathering for fellow forum users to discuss this topic amiably.

Written at 10:21 pm

One point to note:

I am not applying for the flat as I already have one.

I am just pointing out that the floor space is rather limited in my opinion.

Definitely NOT me..me and me attitude

Edited by abang

Guest guest

My exact sentiments ...

One lingering thought in my mind is "The singles are moving out because they want their personal space. Living with parents is not the option for many. If they want to live with their parents, then there is no issue at all. They can go for the bigger flats."

how can Khaw be same as Mah? U kidding? How hot bto flats for singles at less than 100k and I still complaint? I lost all respect for you as you are greedy and do not think for society at large. All about greed and a " me me me" attitude.

I was reading thru the site and there was a mention that living room can be partition as another room. Wouldnt it be nice if we can design it like those tranforming room whenever you have guest stayover.. Hehe.. But ive to wait 7 years before i can even apply ... Sigh

I am a bi married man. I have wife and two kids. I am also staying with my parents. I am glad that single gay men has the right to buy direct hdb from the government. I am against those gays who felt they have as much rights as I to have a flat bigger than a 3 room hdb. If I with a family of 5 people have an EQUAL chance as a Single man to a hdb 5 room flat, is that fair? If the government gives singles as much rights as married people to. Hdb flat bigger than 3 room than I will bring it up. I do hope that the opposition will protest against such moves by some single people Ho felt they have as much rights as people with a family.

I wanted to ask, what's the rationale of feeling more rights compared to singles? We all pay the same tax, and you get subsidy from the government and a roof over your head. Maybe i might have mis-intepreted, I'm all for families should have priority when it comes to getting a flat no doubt. But now is, we can't even get one until recently and it's only 2 room.

I wanted to ask, what's the rationale of feeling more rights compared to singles? We all pay the same tax, and you get subsidy from the government and a roof over your head. Maybe i might have mis-intepreted, I'm all for families should have priority when it comes to getting a flat no doubt. But now is, we can't even get one until recently and it's only 2 room.

im interpreting what he meant along the lines of living space. Why would a single person want to have the same chance to own a 5-room flat against a family of more than 5 to own a 5-room flat? Is this fair? If the single is living alone, why would that single need the extra rooms for. We are talking about public housing and everyone should have the same chance to have that livable space and the more people staying under the same roof should have priority given in getting the bigger space so as to equate every person having around the same space as much as a single person would essentially need.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.