Male HQ

Surrogacy Discussion (compiled)

Guest Intended parent

Guest hellogoodbye

Andrew is right to caution us on some unethical issues.

I don't mind sharing my experience.

Late 2013 i approached a centre off the internet for surrogate in bangkok. I paid in total S$29000 over the two months for two stages. Then by the third month, i received a note from them, that the pregnancy was negative. Probable reason due to genetics, confirmed reason unknown.

In may, bangkok surrogacy got clamped and the rest is history. Close to 30K gone with the wind just like that. I'm still wondering till today whether it was a scam right from the start. ...

img-6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Andrew. I'm glad that there are people like you, thinking about such things, in our community. It gives me hope that there is a future for the LGBTs in Singapore. But, like what maxgladiator said, in a place like this, you are unlikely to find serious responses. Things may be getting better in Singapore, but with 377A still standing strong, topics like same-sex marriage are not really on peoples' minds, not to mention surrogacy/starting a proper family. There are people who're on the same page as you, but they are a minority, unfortunately.

It's just that you're quite a few steps ahead, which isn't a bad thing, but you may find it challenging to get some common company. Have you tried contacting that lesbian couple?

Any information from interested parties?

hi andrew i believe there should be quite a number of people who are interested, but maybe we are not ready for some reasons.

i'm also interested but need to save up some money. won't be able to join u on your nepalese tour if you're going in the next two years. can share your experiences after that? i also want to have my own kids and family someday.

• 2 months later...

Yes,   BUT   that is the least of the problem.  If you realise the medical, legal and sociological complexity, the amount is really negligible.

Which is why same sex couples are inevitably the most committed parents. They have gone through brimstone and fire.

You don't need to be very smart to predict how the kids will turn out.

Yes, BUT that is the least of the problem. If you realise the medical, legal and sociological complexity, the amount is really negligible.

You may or may not have come across this, but I think you'll find this resource useful.

Http://www.gaymanners.com/

The wonderful guy behind this, Steven Petrow, has also published several books which are definitely relevant and useful to your situation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Andrew ang525 said:

Hi everyone,

There had been lots of changes now.

India, Nepal, and Thailand have all closed their doors.

The last hope is Cambodia.

I am making a trip to Cambodia in end june, or early july.

[ad removed by mod]

Please do not post any ad in the main forum meant for discussion.

This is friendly warning by the mod.

The next ad posted in the main forum will get you a warning point.

If you are not sure why you are getting this message go read the rules http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=67&p=814014

GM 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 minute ago, mamamia said:

Anyone here has hired a surrogate mother before ? Is surrogacy a good idea for single man or woman to have offspring ? 

If u r wealthy y not?but how to?spore.law.dont allow singles to adopt babies.as though those married taking good care of their children

23 minutes ago, cutejack said:

If u r wealthy y not?but how to?spore.law.dont allow singles to adopt babies.as though those married taking good care of their children

Under Singapore's Adoption of Child Act, both married couples and singles can adopt a child. However, a single male is not allowed to adopt a girl unless special circumstances exist.

1 minute ago, justanotherme said:

Under Singapore's Adoption of Child Act, both married couples and singles can adopt a child. However, a single male is not allowed to adopt a girl unless special circumstances exist.

Really? U mean single men can

adopt baby boy?i want le 

Just now, cutejack said:

Really? U mean single men can

adopt baby boy?i want le 

You can. I initially had this idea to do it too, but the thought of the child growing up in a single parent family and being neglected since I having to work to provide for the family killed the thought. And being single has it merits, so got to ask yourself why you want a child and whether you are ready to commit by having to re-prioritise things in your life

4 minutes ago, justanotherme said:

You can. I initially had this idea to do it too, but the thought of the child growing up in a single parent family and being neglected since I having to work to provide for the family killed the thought. And being single has it merits, so got to ask yourself why you want a child and whether you are ready to commit by having to re-prioritise things in your life

Juz some thoughts from u.who is gonna take over yr property after u n yr savings? Worth passing down to yr nephews n nieces? Wat say u?

1 minute ago, cutejack said:

Juz some thoughts from u.who is gonna take over yr property after u n yr savings? Worth passing down to yr nephews n nieces? Wat say u?

I don't believe in passing my properties/ wealth to anyone. I deserve to spend my hard-earned $ before I pass on. Any left over can go to the needy. 

2 minutes ago, justanotherme said:

I don't believe in passing my properties/ wealth to anyone. I deserve to spend my hard-earned $ before I pass on. Any left over can go to the needy. 

Oh ok.thats u.ok.thanks

Edited by cutejack

• G_M changed the title to Surrogacy Discussion (compiled)
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Andrew ang525 said:

A new possibility arises and we are in the legal environment of Canada.  Looking at around 90k USD for a baby, if you are lucky to strike at first trial.......record of success in IVF at best centers is 80%.

Those interested, pm me.

Could you set up a website or facebook page for this first?Get a group of like-minded individuals to come together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BF and I had the conversation over the weekend. While I am in my early 40s, he is almost 50. We do think it would be a bit late for us to be parents, especially when the child turn 18 and I don't want to be mistaken as grandpa. Still, a wonderful friend of ours did offer us her eggs, just that she doesn't want to carry the baby as she is still young and is a model and a baby would not be wise. 

Finding a surrogate is not an issue I think, but at this age, I do question the need for having children of our own when I have nephews and nieces who are below 10. 

Love. 

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.