Male HQ

Surrogacy Discussion (compiled)

Guest Intended parent

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

But not all cases are the same, and the problem is often the feelings of the surrogate mother and the emotional, legal, financial complications.  Our desire to have children should not give so much importance that they are "of our own blood". 

Those are fair points. But as in many issues, there are two sides to the coin. My gay friends, their surrogate mothers and no doubt their children are thrilled with the outcome. Children without parents should be adopted and find love and caring in their lives. But we also have to remember the adoptive parents may not always be as loving and supportive as they should be after they have got used to having a child around the home. Or there is a chance, slight though it may be, that they will smother them with too much love.

Then there are the adopted children themselves. A couple who were best friends of my parents could not have children. They adopted a girl and a boy. The girl was almost tormented in her later teen years by the need to find her birth mother and why she had been given away. This sense of abandonment as a child is, sadly, not uncommon in adopted children.

If have chance, i will consider surrogacy. My concern is how to look after my child welfare, while i busy working for money? Ask parents to take care? Get a maid to take care? Think the maid will more likely to torture my child. Get a lesbian sister to take care hmm...

• 6 months later...

I'm a uni student in my mid-20s and this topic has crossed my mind from time to time. It's something I would like to do in future, especially if I manage to find that someone, but just thinking about how complicated it is and I'm already sian. Not to mention the cost (about 200k per try? And it's not guaranteed). The few "success" (if you could call them that) stories we've heard have been from really lucky (not to mention privileged) people - even then, our legal system was not easy on them. In fact, I think Parliament has said they're gonna try closing any loopholes exposed by the 2018 High Court case, so ironically their success may have made it even harder for any future aspiring parents.

It's useless ranting but I so wish life hadn't dealt us like this. I don't, and have never, wanted any hookup sauna nonsense. I just want a quiet, stable, ordinary life with a happy husband and joyful kids. Something to live for. 

If not this life, hopefully my next..

• G_M unlocked this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.