Male HQ

All About Football / Soccer - Premier League / Fifa / Euro Cup + UEFA Euro & Qatar World Cup + Live Football Coverage (Compiled)

This EPL season is shaping up to be a real tight nail-biting race between these two giants, both chasing not just the Premiership title but the other top cups as well. I have been monitoring the progress with much interest (no, I dont bet anymore) and I am more a Chelsea fan (because of Mourinho :oops: )

The latest report : 'Sir Alex Ferguson admitted that Manchester United had opened the door for Chelsea to retain their Premiership title after his side were held to a 1-1 draw by Middlesbrough at Old Trafford.

The point extended United's lead at the top of the table to four points.

But Chelsea can cut that back to one by winning their game in hand, at Newcastle on Sunday, and, with United due to visit Stamford Bridge on May 9, the champions now have their destiny back in their own hands.

If Jose Mourinho's men win their five remaining games they will be champions for a third straight season.'

Please, Chelsea dont lose or draw tonight! :D

I am an Man U fan for 36 years so all I can say is....

OLE, OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE....

Just a friendly ribbing lah ED. :lol:

Chealsea just drew kosong-kosong with Newcastle leaving Man U with a three points lead at the top of the EPL table.

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Guest simpleman

so funny.. did u watch the MAS commerclial immediately after the game where this guy was singing "Chelsea is going to win, Chelsea is going to win" and then followed by "Chelsea why you didn't win...." Hilarious!!

I am an Man U fan for 36 years so all I can say is....

OLE, OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE....

Just a friendly ribbing lah ED.  :lol:

Chealsea just drew kosong-kosong with Newcastle leaving Man U with a three points lead at the top of the EPL table.

Wow 36 years? hmmmm long time fanzzzzzz.....I am only into my 16 years of 'fanship'....started supporting them when they lost the 1st premiership title to Leeds.....never looked back since their attacking play attracted me to it.....when i only learnt of football as a kid...(more like attracted to Gary Pallister....haha :D:P )

Yes....Newcastle 0 Chelsea 0...on/off Newcastle but I am proud of them tonight... :D

So Lungker, U going to their(Man U) Asian tour on 27th Jul in Malaysia?

Guest Guest

Why Singapore so many Man Utd fans?

It is because they are consistently good that's why people support them?

How come I never heard of Watford or West Ham fans in Singapore??

So Lungker, U going to their(Man U) Asian tour on 27th Jul in Malaysia?

I might just do that, but must have kakis leh. All my fellow kakis are married with families and I think they are not so seow like me. U wanna start the ball rolling and organise it? Seriously, someone organise and I will go.

Started supporting them when I was 13 years old - during secondary 1. For some reasons, their nickname Red Devils had a certain appeal to a budding gay and rebellious young me. :twisted: :lol:

Even supported them when they dropped to the the second division (at that time, no EPL lah - just 1st division, 2nd division....etc.)

Since Rio and Vidic, their central backs are injured, it will be a nail biting finish to the end of the season. I am going to have a heart attack watching them play AC Milan this week. :(

:hat: :smokin:

Why Singapore so many Man Utd fans?

It is because they are consistently good that's why people support them?

How come I never heard of Watford or West Ham fans in Singapore??

Not true...I am sure if you ask around you will come across many Geylang United and Tampines Rovers fans as well.

BUT back to Man Utd: I am SO relieved when Chelsea draw. Now Man Utd better dun slip (sleep) again and let whats already theirs slipped through their fingers again.

:B)

Guest bearbear

Hey, wow. soccer talk, cool, i thought i was the only soccer fan here. anyways, im a MAN U fan since i was a lad as my granddad was fm manchester.

Anyway, for years i have been trying to start a Bi / Gay soccer team, to meet up once a week, play some balls, have some coffee or makan afterwards. Any hanky panky afterwards in showers is something that most may dream about but lets not expect that to happen, YET! hehe.Things like these cannot plan one. okok back to soccer.

The purpose of this team is just for us guys to meet up play ball and socialize abit, maybe even play abit of friendly matches but theres no need to say "we all Bi or Gay". Hey we're not stonewall FC.

Im abit chubby now but i still play, i have a sunday kick about team and im will be joining my company's team soon to play in the bussiness league.

SO, any takers for our own kick about team?

cheers

I have been a Chelsea fan since.... Mourinho joined the club. :D So not very long lah and seriously not a die-hard fan. But I like to see stiff competition whether its at the field at Old Traffold or at the Kodak Theatre during the Academy Awards. Or inside the bedroom.

I think Chelsea's lost is just a temporary slip. Something tells me that Chelsea is going to kick Man U's ass when they meet in the next match. :D

ps Sorry, bearbear, l have a phobia of palying football. I have been knocked silly too many times in the face by flying stray ball since I was a kid. :D

Guest simpleman

Lungker.

Rio Ferdinand not playing is the biggest blessing for Man U at this stage. Don't get me wrong. I am a Man U fan. Infact, passionate. Been one since the days of Steve Copell and Gordon Hill who flanked the wings. However, Rio, to me is the weakest link. Very hesitant over the last 5-7 matches and has read the game very poorly too. Believe me, Man U will do great without him. Man U rules ok?

Rio Ferdinand not playing is the biggest blessing for Man U at this stage.

I second that. Rio Ferdinand is simply overrated and does not live up to the price tag. I may be wrong about this but I find that he plays credibly against ordinary clubs, but went pit against elite clubs on the big and crucial stages he likes to play stylishly and create stylish mistakes. Fergie should have sell him off a long time ago.

Guest expert tipster

I think that Man U will lose or draw in all their remaining matches except for their very last one against West Ham. Even their boss agrees that they are suffering from injury of "epic porportion". Man U will fall on their face and limp their way to a deserving runner-up of EPL championship. Unless Wayne Roynee loses his weight fast by liposuction or something in time for the crucial matches.

That means Chelsea will be the winner again. :D

I think that Man U will lose or draw in all their remaining matches except for their very last one against West Ham. Even their boss agrees that they are suffering from injury of "epic porportion". Man U will fall on their face and limp their way to a deserving runner-up of EPL championship. Unless Wayne Roynee loses his weight fast by liposuction or something in time for the crucial matches.

That means Chelsea will be the winner again. :D

In this EPL season, people who bet against Man U loses big time because they generally score more than the Asian handicap given them.

The opposite is true for Chelsea. Because they win mostly by one goal margin, they often could not clear the handicap assigned to them.

Bookies this season are making huge sum of money from punters because many good teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are struggling to clear the Asian handicap assigned to them.

I agree with expert tipster that Man U will have a hard time the rest of the season, but trust me, you do not want to bet against them. How do you think the bookies are making so much money? :lol::lol:

Guest Guest
Unless Wayne Roynee loses his weight fast by liposuction or something in time for the crucial matches

Oh pls no...Wayne Rooney is so cute just as he is now, losing more weight would be horrendous! In fact he should bulk up some more, add more stock to his already big frame.

yum yum

:D:P

Lungker.

Rio Ferdinand not playing is the biggest blessing for Man U at this stage. Don't get me wrong. I am a Man U fan. Infact, passionate. Been one since the days of Steve Copell and Gordon Hill who flanked the wings. However, Rio, to me is the weakest link. Very hesitant over the last 5-7 matches and has read the game very poorly too. Believe me, Man U will do great without him. Man U rules ok?

i beg to differ though..Rio suffers from lapses in concentration at times,that i agree, but ever since having Vidic as his sidekick, he has upped his game a little or maybe u would want to say that Vidic bails him out in most situations but no matter, Rio is a great defender when he is at his best.

The WEAKEST LINK definitely has to be Kieran Richardson and Darren Fletcher...they add nothing to the team...they seem more like players from Watford..i bet Torquay has got better players than Kieran

Man Utd is gonna win at least ONE cup this season..the likeliest one is the EPL...

:D

Lungker.

The WEAKEST LINK definitely has to be Kieran Richardson and Darren Fletcher...they add nothing to the team...they seem more like players from Watford..i bet Torquay has got better players than Kieran

Man Utd is gonna win at least ONE cup this season..the likeliest one is the EPL...

:D

I agree with you....just can't understand what is promising about Kieran Richardson? Doesn't Sir Alex reliased that whenever he starts with Kieran Man Utd had been ended up with losses or draw? Does he understood the agony of fans like us? He tried to changed the 2nd half by bringing off him but the damaged is already done in the 1st half when Kieran plays....Fletcher is more of a squad player but at least more useful than Kieran.....

Man Utd should win at least the EPL and FA cup since Liverpool appears the most likely to get the Champions League Champ... :D

An interesting old news about my idol coach. :D

'Two newspapers related on Tuesday how Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho once allegedly hid in a laundry basket used for transporting the club's kit to get round a UEFA ban covering a big game.

The Daily Mail said it happened two years ago when Mourinho had been barred from contact with his players during both legs of a quarter-final Champions League tie against Bayern Munich.

On the night of the home leg, observers were convinced that Chelsea fitness coach Rui Faria was using an earpiece hidden under a woolly hat to communicate with the manager, the Mail said.

Both the Mail and The Times said Mourinho arrived early at the ground, watched the game on a TV in a dressing room and delivered the pre-match and halftime talks.

Both papers alleged that about 10 minutes before the end of the game, which Chelsea won 4-2, the manager clambered into one of the laundry skips.

He was then wheeled away to Stamford Bridge leisure club where it was claimed he had spent the entire evening.'

Crafty fellow, Mourinho. I like. :clap:

Guest Guest

"Manchester United plans to bring their star attractions such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs to South Korea in July on its Asian tour, chief executive David Gill said on Friday.

"Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs and others will all play on the tour. They'll leave you with lasting memories," Gill told reporters in Seoul to promote the tour.

The Premier League side, which also features South Korea's brightest star Park Ji-sung, will play FC Seoul on July 20.

After visiting South Korea, United then move to China and play Shenzhen at Macau Stadium on July 23, before finishing in Kuala Lumpur on July 27 against a Malaysian XI at the Bukit Jalil Stadium."

How come they not coming to our Jalan Besar Stadium to play? :blink:

My god, 2-0 down away against Everton in the second half and then they score 4 consecutive goals!!! to win 4-2!!! :thumb: :clap: :thumb: :clap:

Chelsea only managed to drew 2-2 against Bolton at home.

I think game over. Man U will win the EPL this year.

And yes Simpleman, they played that Chealsea going to win.... Malaysian Airline advert right after the game. :lol::lol::lol:

I think got kelong!

Haha...I think so too. First the Everton goalkeeper dropped the ball at the feet of O'Shea to let him score Man U's first goal and then Phil neville, many years a Man U player but now plays for Everton, scored an own goal! BBC says Imagine what Maurinho is going to say about that. :lol:

Punters supporting Man U made money and those betting for Chelsea loses BIG TIME. OUCH!

Chelsea fans were seen crying after the game. So sad. :D

Chelsea will win the bigger Champion League.

From BBC...Carvalho was then forced off with a knee injury that must make his involvement in Tuesday's Champions League game against Liverpool unlikely.

In any case, I just hope one of the English teams win the Champions league. First, Man U must get rid of AC Milan first.

Having said that, Carlo Ancelotti, the AC Milan manager is the cutest guy in all of football. I get wet whenever I see him on tv. Image here.

:P:P:P

I think got kelong! :D

Nevermind lah, Man U can take the Premiership. Chelsea will win the bigger Champion League.

Mourinho , if you are reading this and need a shoulder to cry on, please call me. :D

Guess what.....Chelsea lost....no Champion League for them....hmmmm better team lost? Maybe but not better manager for the moment....Seems he is trying to pick on everyone that stands in his way to his Quadruple but.........

Guest MAN U FAN

We are the Champions!!!

Chelsea only drew with Arsenal 1-1 and cannot catch up with Man U for the EPL title.

"Chelsea, why didn't you win...." cried the guy flying on the malaysian Airlines plane..... :lol:

Guest simpleman

yeah yeah..just like the MAS ad.."Chelsea is going to win, Chelsea is going to win..." and then :swear: "Why didn't you win..Chelsea".....

We heard it all before...

• 5 months later...
Guest bearbear

Hehe,

You a soccer fan? I am, I play and i support ManU.

Anyway, reason why i asked if your a soccer fan is cuz most if not all soccer fans know that there is no such thing as "live online streaming" and if there is im sure you have to pay a bomb for it.

EPL is one of the most expensive channels to have on cable, even pubs that show them have to pay extra if they show the matches on more than one TV set.

If there is a channel that has live online streaming all soccer fan will be on cloud9.

cheers

bb

Guest bearbear

Panda,

I agree with you tatally if not Pay Per View should have a "Soccer" Channel so people whom are not in soccer can watch other sports or people like my uncle whom is only into soccer and watch the Soccer Channel but if someone like me that watches all sports except golf die cock standing paying two channels lah, keke.

cheers

bb

Panda,

I agree with you tatally if not Pay Per View should have a "Soccer" Channel so people whom are not in soccer can watch other sports or people like my uncle whom is only into soccer and watch the Soccer Channel but if someone like me that watches all sports except golf die cock standing paying two channels lah, keke.

cheers

bb

But Starhub already has a dedicated all-football channel ma - channel 27. The football channel shows nothing but football. Also channels 107 and 108. So actually they can charge subscriptions for the football channels, separate from ESPN and StarSports, which cover different sports. My guess is that the number of subscribers for Espn and Starsports will be quite low versus the number of people who watch sports mainly for football. ;)

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

Guest bearbear

But Starhub already has a dedicated all-football channel ma - channel 27. The football channel shows nothing but football. Also channels 107 and 108. So actually they can charge subscriptions for the football channels, separate from ESPN and StarSports, which cover different sports. My guess is that the number of subscribers for Espn and Starsports will be quite low versus the number of people who watch sports mainly for football. ;)

yah, group all soccer programs and charge the group as a premium lah. Although i know starhub won't do anything like this because it will hurt their profit margin, i just wanna say that i'm pissed with them!

I was seriously considering Mio TV when it came out few months ago, but its so disappointing! Nothing much on sports...

Koh Samui, I need u...

yah, group all soccer programs and charge the group as a premium lah. Although i know starhub won't do anything like this because it will hurt their profit margin, i just wanna say that i'm pissed with them!

I was seriously considering Mio TV when it came out few months ago, but its so disappointing! Nothing much on sports...

StarHub already "bao" EPL, so what is there left for football fans? StarHub also got La Liga, French, Scottish, Dutch leagues. My only complaint is that the EPL matches are not shown on High Definition (despite raising prices for the sports package), which is what Sky Sports in the UK offer.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

• 6 months later...

Euro 2008 starts in two weeks' time on June 6th. It will be jointly held in Switzerland and Austria and the final will be held in Vienna Austria on the 29th of June.

The following is the official website.

Homepage of Euro 2008

Rotaredom likes Portugal. As for me, this tournament will not be as exciting because I am a fan of England. Blame that on all the English league games I watched since I was a kid.

But England is out so who do I fancy?

Taking away all the chunky and yummy footballers (are there even any?), my non biased view (well I'll be biased if that team has many chunky players) is that Germany may win it all. My reason is they are almost playing at home. Austria is a German speaking country, and a big chunk of Switzerland is also German speaking. Physically, Germany shares a long common border with Swtzerland and Austria and it is very easy for the German fans to cross over to these two countries.

So who do you guys like?

Studly Germans in the hands of BALLack !...

Talking about Ballack, have anyone seen the video of Ballack skipping with a rope? He was wearing shorts but obviously without underwear. That fella is MASSIVE man!

I had seen that vid before but forgot where. Anyone can help? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the tournament begin tonight.

For the next three weeks, my days shall be reserved for sleeping, and my nights for watching football and golf - the US Open starts next week.

Going through the history of this tournament, first played in 1960, I found out that Germany/West Germany had won it 3 times and were runner-up twice - out of a total of 11 times the tournament was held.

I am still supporting Germany because the tournament is held at their doorstep, the whole of Austria and a big chunk of Switzerland speak German and Michael Ballack has the biggest balls of all the players.

Switzerland lost! Ha! But i'm sure Federer will make up for that by winning the French Open tomorrow.

I feel one of the outsiders will win the Championship, like how Greece did it four years ago. If that's the case, my good money will be on Sweden or Russia. Sweden should have a slight boost in morale now that Larsson is back in the squad. (Remember how he totally destroyed Arsenal in the 06 Champions League Final)

But then again, maybe its about time the Netherlands or Spain finally fulfill their potential.

Funny you don't see as much of attention this time round maybe because England is out!

For me it feels good that England never enter the finals!

They are the most overhyped and overrated team in the world!! :-)

• 3 years later...
  • G_M changed the title to All About Football / Soccer - Premier League / Fifa / Euro Cup + UEFA Euro & Qatar World Cup + Live Football Coverage (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.