Male HQ

Popular Moon Cakes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any recommendations for ice-cream mooncake? Been getting from Swenson for my grandma but wanted to try something new.

Hi Coolbriz,

you can considered haagen-daz signature ice cream mooncakes.

H%C3%A4agen-Dazs-Ice-Cream-Mooncakes-Set

and a Petite Set of 2 pieces for $48.

If you are just thinking of indulgence with friends after shopping or movies, dine-in creations are also available. There’s Häagen-Dazs moonlight resonance ($24++) and Häagen-Dazs autumn celebrations ($29++) for you and your friends to choose from.

If you have yet to sink your teeth into these delightfully sweet mooncakes, try something different this year and pamper your loved ones in the process!

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Sounds great. will give it a try. Thanks Ethan_Oleh!

Hi Coolbriz,

you can considered haagen-daz signature ice cream mooncakes.

H%C3%A4agen-Dazs-Ice-Cream-Mooncakes-Set

and a Petite Set of 2 pieces for $48.

If you are just thinking of indulgence with friends after shopping or movies, dine-in creations are also available. There’s Häagen-Dazs moonlight resonance ($24++) and Häagen-Dazs autumn celebrations ($29++) for you and your friends to choose from.

If you have yet to sink your teeth into these delightfully sweet mooncakes, try something different this year and pamper your loved ones in the process!

Be cool, like a breeze...

Could I check with the experts here, which brand/hotel/restaurant's baked skin lotus paste mooncake is good or worth a try?

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Could I check with the experts here, which brand/hotel/restaurant's baked skin lotus paste mooncake is good or worth a try?

Hi Sphere,

Our family’s favourite, and also TungLok’s best-seller, is the bite-sized mooncakes. Petite and super cute, these gems come in an assortment of flavours – think Pandan Lotus, Lotus with Orange Peel, and Pineapple. It comes in a box of 16 pieces, with 2 flavours each, and each box costs S$54.

All prices are subject to GST. You may enquire for more information at 9088 8008, or visit www.tunglok.com.

Fullerton-Mooncake.jpg

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Thanks for the information, Ethan_Oleh and mydontay, appreciate them much.    :)

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

• 2 weeks later...

not a big mooncake fan, but someone passed a box of traditional mooncakes from marriott tangs' wan hao.

the white lotus paste comes with single or double yolk and i think it's comparatively less sweet than the others.

packaging is not as pretty as the rest, but guess what's on the inside that counts.. (overused cliche for other instances as well)

Edited by puppyfart

• 10 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 2:42 PM, Ethan_Oleh said:

Hi Sphere,

Our family’s favourite, and also TungLok’s best-seller, is the bite-sized mooncakes. Petite and super cute, these gems come in an assortment of flavours – think Pandan Lotus, Lotus with Orange Peel, and Pineapple. It comes in a box of 16 pieces, with 2 flavours each, and each box costs S$54.

All prices are subject to GST. You may enquire for more information at 9088 8008, or visit www.tunglok.com.

Ethan

I find tungluk abit too flavourful in terms of oil, probably it s very traditional and hongkong style?

Another of my favourite mooncakes to share. :thumb::thumb::thumb::clap::clap::clap:

Savour Traditional and Snow Skin Delights - SweetSpot at Marina Bay Sands

Savour Traditional and Snow Skin Delights

Available from 1 August - 15 September

Give your family and friends a delicious surprise this Mid-Autumn Festival. Choose from our popular mooncake selection, which offers four exquisite flavours packaged in an elegant box. Reserve the perfect gift at SweetSpot® today!

Available flavours:
• Double Egg Yolk White Lotus Seed Paste
• Snow Skin Salted Caramel Almond Crunch
• Snow Skin Dark Chocolate Orange Grand Marnier
• Chef Christie’s Chewy Coconut & Cherry

Sands Rewards members enjoy 20% off and Citi Cardholders enjoy 15% off!

Call 6688 8588 for enquiries. To pre-order your mooncakes, email this form to Mooncakes@MarinaBaySands.com or drop it off at any SweetSpot outlet.

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

3 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

all my frens don't fancy atas mcakes! they complaint that is meant for spendthrift

but ie just once a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool. tell them they must taste it especially the Double Egg Yolk White Lotus Seed Paste. Its very delicious..:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

11 hours ago, lovehandle said:

all my frens don't fancy atas mcakes! they complaint that is meant for spendthrift

but ie just once a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why buy when u can get for free? 

Always get free from 5 stars hotel.

personally, i don't like any of the hotel's mooncakes as i can taste an artificial preservative aftertaste in most of them..
Ever since i've learnt how to make my own, i prefer my own, or the closest if i'm lazy to make is the 2 traditional mooncake shops - Tai Thong or Tai Chong Kok. TT is somewhere in Chinatown, either Pagoda or Mosque or Temple Street, while TCK is somewhere in Ubi, but TCK i believe they have a branch in Changi Airport T3 area too, near ToastBox.

I don't know, has anyone else tasted the "aftertaste" from Hotel mooncakes?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

saw St Regis' mooncake box. So beautiful.

If buy to eat, then i think taste more important than anything else.

But if it is a gift especially for the elder or customer, packaging is also equally important.

5 hours ago, tyan said:

saw St Regis' mooncake box. So beautiful.

If buy to eat, then i think taste more important than anything else.

But if it is a gift especially for the elder or customer, packaging is also equally important.

You will not regret eating it as last year one of my regular customer gave me a box. :thumb::thumb::thumb::clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

On 05/10/2017 at 10:40 AM, TwoChnBTMs said:

80% discount yesterday

They r so overpriced that after 80% , still expensive compared to those supermarkets ones.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 6 months later...

my grandma told us everytime, not to buy from 大中国! 

cuz there was once (dk how many decades ago), my grandma saw them taking mooncakes out of previous year's boxes, take out the skin, remake the lotus and make new mooncakes with last year's lotus paste. and the mooncakes bought from them always don't last till Mid Autumn Fest, cuz easy spoil. 

Disclaimer: dont know true or not, cuz by my grandma.... but our family dont trust them, so just a piece of advice. Believe 就 Believe, Don't Believe 就 Don't Believe... 不要 flame 我!

Huh? I thought mooncake festival still months away....lol....

I used to buy Shangri La's....Fullerton's and TCC if i remember...BUT ONLY when they had 20 - 25% off else is rlly too ex lol....and thankfully theirs also dun taste too sweet. Some others u taste or try at the Taka hall during the festival ah...the sweetness still remains in your mouth after u swallow and even drink water liao means its just too sweet.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.