Male HQ

Do You Like Celebrating Your Birthday?

IkuTube

To many, celebrating a birthday is a joyful occasion.  It is a day to remember how one's life has progressed.  It is a day to be thankful for being alive, for being able to learn new and good things to become a better person.

Every year, I will celebrate my friends' birthdays, those that are very closed to me.  We would go out for simple dinner and end the celebration with cutting the birthday cake.  We have gotten away with giving presence for many years.  What I like most is when we get the birthday person to talk about his/her life and what's ahead. 

However, among this group of friends, we have a friend who does not like to celebrate birthdays.  When we arrange for the dinner, it will not be on the actual day.  It has to be just another get-together dinner.  He feels birthday is a day where he wants to be alone to deeply reflect on his life.

How do you celebrate your birthday?  Do you look forward to celebrate it every year?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

I do but with some close friends instead of big parties. I had friends who flew with a cake to surprise me. I insisted the exact number of candles same as my age on the birthday cake. Always fun when friends work together to lit the candles. Been doing that for years. I like the idea your friend reflects about life but I would still like to have a little celebration on same day.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

I always spend it alone.  A bowl of mee suar and 2 eggs.  That's the way I like.  

But all birthday wishes received is still apprieciated and felt

I am fine with celebrating others birthday but not my own. Never like to be in the centre of attention. Hate when people send mw wishes, feel so awkward and never know how to response to them. Never understand what is the meaning of celebrating birthday.

Guest Reality of Life

No, never celebrate. It is just another day of the year that reminds me how time flies. It is nothing more than seeing the dawn of a new year. When that birthdate is over, everything changed, you will be part of another statistics to recieve certain grant by the govt or received CPF rate from your employer. The recruitment agent will stop calling you, your neighbour will start whispering. Age became a taboo when you cruise around. You felt you never want to grow old. Than why celebrate your birthday???!!

Never liked celebrating my own, wouldn't mind celebrating for close friends, but not acquaintances.

When I receive a gift, I feel like I should give a gift back to the person for his/her birthday, then comes the headache whether the person would like/use the gift or not, sometimes I can't even find a gift that seems suitable, so I'd give money as a last resort and another headache comes deciding how much to give.

Ugh.

Guest I AM FUCKING SPECIAL

Yes. =)

Everybody deserves one special day.

I dissagree. Everyday is special if you love yourself, need not have to wait for that one day to remind you are old.

I never tell my friends when exactly my birthday is and no one wishes me happy birthday except for my family members and partner. I never like being the centre of attractions. Anyway, I make it a point to reflect and thank my mum for bringing me to this world and thank my parents for bringing me up and give them a rare kiss each.

Edited by qsefthu78

i like gathering but i dont like attention.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Do something meaningful to benefit others your valued existence , perhaps reach out to needy or some charitable act or even giving back to society. What is so joyful to have a big crazy party .

A nurse recently bought 10 packets of chicken rice and gave away to strangers like tissue paper sellers on her birthday. That was moving.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Do something meaningful to benefit others your valued existence , perhaps reach out to needy or some charitable act or even giving back to society. What is so joyful to have a big crazy party .

A nurse recently bought 10 packets of chicken rice and gave away to strangers like tissue paper sellers on her birthday. That was moving.

Will do something next year, serious!

A birthday is simply the day you were born.

Tbh, I don't know why people celebrate it now as I believe the original purpose was because people died young in antiquity.

When I was a kid, my parents used to hold large birthday parties for me.

I think that was the reason why I started preferring to celebrate it alone when I entered secondary school.

Living alone in a foreign country, I get the needed peace on my birthday.

For the past two years, I have gone on trips alone on my birthday.

I think I might continue doing that.

Personally, I think people who need big birthday parties didn't go through happy birthdays during their childhood and I always believe they deserve such celebrations.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Personally, birthday is the day where I'll reflect and thank my mum, thou she's not here to celebrate with me anymore :(  For her braveness and determination in the 10 months of pregnancy with difficulties that she gone through which cannot be explained by words. So yea, don't forget to thank your mum (and your dad) on your birthday.

Edited by vaio

Guest Guest

I am not fuss over bday celebration since I was young so just my partner and I or the same for my partner's bday, We go for makan in an atas restaurant and/or a special gift (usually asked first what We want/need) so don't waste money for an unwanted item, that's enough to make me happy.

Guest 72%dark

My sister is one of those people who hates for us to celebrate her birthday, she’s always very grumpy on that day and often finds ways to ‘disappear’ in case we try to surprise her. I must admit I don’t really understand why though. To me, celebrating someone’s birthday, even in a small humble way, is a way of ‘telling’ that person—we’re happy that you were born, that you’ve made a difference to the lives of those around you in your own individual way; thank you for being around and being who you are, and we hope for many more happy years like that.

(Yes it's an arbitrary date, and yes in theory you can do this any time of the year or even all the time. But for the same reason we have festivals, it often helps to have an occasion, not just to provide a regular schedule, but also as an excuse to do something that might otherwise be considered too extravagant on a normal day.)

Edited by 72%dark

My sister is one of those people who hates for us to celebrate her birthday, she’s always very grumpy on that day and often finds ways to ‘disappear’ in case we try to surprise her. I must admit I don’t really understand why though. To me, celebrating someone’s birthday, even in a small humble way, is a way of ‘telling’ that person—we’re happy that you were born, that you’ve made a difference to the lives of those around you in your own individual way; thank you for being around and being who you are, and we hope for many more happy years like that.

(Yes it's an arbitrary date, and yes in theory you can do this any time of the year or even all the time. But for the same reason we have festivals, it often helps to have an occasion, not just to provide a regular schedule, but also as an excuse to do something that might otherwise be considered too extravagant on a normal day.)

Women are particularly sensitive especially those who are still singles. Must hint to them first and see their response.

I remember i celebrated my first birthday when i was 17yo having BBQ at punggol beach with around 12 close friends.. and after that year every year i have some kind of celebration for my birthday with close friends and family members having party and BBQ. My bigest birthday party was when i am 21 having guest around 200 mostly church friends. Last year my bf bought me a birthday cake and he invited some of our close friends (gay) to our home to have home cook food by me...lor. 

I guess for the rest of my life it would be birthday celebration at home for me. I love meeting my friends when they make it a point to visit me for my special day.

I remember i celebrated my first birthday when i was 17yo having BBQ at punggol beach with around 12 close friends.. and after that year every year i have some kind of celebration for my birthday with close friends and family members having party and BBQ. My bigest birthday party was when i am 21 having guest around 200 mostly church friends. Last year my bf bought me a birthday cake and he invited some of our close friends (gay) to our home to have home cook food by me...lor. 

I guess for the rest of my life it would be birthday celebration at home for me. I love meeting my friends when they make it a point to visit me for my special day.

Wow u must enjoy cooking and your bf must be very proud of your skill too.  

• Guest locked this topic