Male HQ

All News / Gossip On Sun Ho / China Wine (何耀珊) Aka Geisha Fan Club (Compiled)

Guest boy2man

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest

http://mothership.sg/2016/06/sun-ho-is-back-as-a-pop-star-city-harvest-album-hits-number-1-on-itunes/

City_Harvest_autograph_session

Sun Ho is back as a pop star: City Harvest album hits number 1 on iTunes

June 14, 2016

The City Harvest Church congregation has single-handedly revived the local music industry.

611-2xkxycbyhv5jw89caw9yps.jpg

Martino Tan

gichistorymobilead.png

In an interview before he was sentenced to six years’ jail, fund manager Chew Eng Han told The Straits Times last November:

“We expected to make money from (Sun Ho’s albums), and Sun was meant to get souls saved; this was the best thing the church would ever do. But, as it turns out, the album was a sham. The Crossover was a sham. The bond was a good bond — what went on behind the scene made it look like a sham.”

Come to think of it, Ho did not need to go to the States, spend millions on marketing and Wyclef Jean to make money for the City Harvest Church (CHC).

Because the latest CHC album, Draw Me, is sold out.

More importantly, the album is number one on the Apple iTunes chart, beating local act Gentle Bones (2nd), Adele (6th), the late Chrstine Grimmie (7th, 10th and 14th), Coldplay (17th) and One Direction (18th).

Apple_iTunes_chart Source: Apple iTunes

The involvement of Sun Ho and Kong Hee

Ho shared on her FB post that she recorded four tracks for the 13-track album, adding that she could “set aside the cares and burdens” that she faces daily when she was in the recording studio.

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, koganei83 said:

maybe all of us will get a free copy because many brought multiple copies. 

Preview of Sun's iTunes chart-topping title hit 'Draw Me':

Guest Guest

Straits Times reports on Sun Ho's chart-topping new album

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/sun-ho-sings-on-new-city-harvest-album-draw-me-which-has-topped-singapore

SINGAPORE - City Harvest Church's new album Draw Me has shot ahead of the likes of Gentle Bones and Adele to sit on top of Singapore's iTunes charts.

The 13-track album, which was released on the store on Friday (June 10) and features CityWorship, has sold enough copies at $13.98 a pop to top the albums chart as of 3pm on Tuesday (June 14).

It has also attracted 40 ratings and reviews, most of which have rated it five stars. "Very fresh and contemporary style too! Everybody should listen to this album," writes one reviewer under the handle RayThan.

"Very refreshing to the spirit," says another under the pseudonym Meowlet.

Its apparent popularity is not limited to digital stores. Physical copies of the album have sold out, the church said on its Facebook page.

"The first print run of the #DrawMe album by CityWorship is officially sold out at The Ink Room!" it said in a post on Monday evening.

None of the album's songs, however, appear on Spotify's Singapore charts.

Church co-founder Ho Yeow Sun, whose stage name is Sun Ho, appears on four of the tracks.

"Recording 4 tracks for this album has been an amazing journey for me. When I step into the studio, I set aside the cares and burdens that I face daily, and I find myself just worshipping," she said in a Facebook post on June 2.

Ms Ho's husband and church co-founder Kong Hee, along with five other church leaders, were convicted last year of misusing $50 million in church funds as part of a plot to further Ms Ho's music career. They have filed an appeal.

Ms Ho's songs, including one featuring hip-hop musician Wyclef Jean titled China Wine, found infamy online, partly due to a controversial music video that featured Ms Ho gyrating in skimpy clothing.

A post on the church's newsletter website said that the new album is "one of the most emotive albums the church has put out".

"Draw Me is significant because it represents the sound of our church clinging on to God through our most difficult seasons," said the album's creative director Mark Kwan.

He added: "...it means a lot for any member of City Harvest who has been through the last six years of trials and struggles."

Guest Sham and crap

This is not the Aka Gaysha aka sun ho !!

this is her fake Alta ego - the pious songstress 

her multiple personality truly confuses me no end 

I am sick and tired of all their manipulation and deception - iTunes --- not difficult to top if all city harvest church goers each buy 100 each 

phoooooi

A disgrace 

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, Guest Sham and crap said:

This is not the Aka Gaysha aka sun ho !!

this is her fake Alta ego - the pious songstress 

her multiple personality truly confuses me no end 

I am sick and tired of all their manipulation and deception - iTunes --- not difficult to top if all city harvest church goers each buy 100 each 

phoooooi

A disgrace 

Hey, don't hate on Sun. She's trying her best to be reformed, show your love and forgiveness and big heart?

Guest Guest

City Harvest is indeed grooming a new set of leaders in anticipation of the current ones being soon to be put away for a long time.

Not surprisingly, it is understood that Sun Ho will either be the new senior pastor, or be someone in a very high and influential position.

So we can expect to hear more of her, especially once her husband has been put away after September '16. Because by then, the City Harvest scandal will re-ignite in Singapore and the region, and they will need to salvage their reputation, do damage control, and show the public that they are still doing well and "reaching the lost" via Sun Ho's "impressive" music sales.

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hey, don't hate on Sun. She's trying her best to be reformed, show your love and forgiveness and big heart?

Trying her best to be reformed with all the money she has taken? The question remains: Why isn't she charged as well??

Guest Guest2
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Trying her best to be reformed with all the money she has taken? The question remains: Why isn't she charged as well??

Why should she be charged?

Guest Guest2
3 minutes ago, Guest Drew You said:

evolved_from_cartoon_horses_by_tsukumoga

What a nice drawing of how ugly some people's hearts can be, to continuously wish for Sun to be charged and to go to jail...

Guest Guest

Her track record is impressive.

Way back in 2003, she became the first Asian singer to top the Billboard charts, beating Madonna and Kelly Clarkson with her debut single 'Where Did Love Go'.

She continues her winning streak now by beating Adele and Coldplay out of the iTunes pop charts!

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

Her track record is impressive.

Way back in 2003, she became the first Asian singer to top the Billboard charts, beating Madonna and Kelly Clarkson with her debut single 'Where Did Love Go'.

She continues her winning streak now by beating Adele and Coldplay out of the iTunes pop charts!

like dat called impressive..... u must be a frog living in a deep well!.

Guest Guest
6 minutes ago, mith said:

like dat called impressive..... u must be a frog living in a deep well!.

Did Stefanie Sun beat Madonna and Kelly Clarkson?

Did YOU beat Madonna and Kelly Clarkson?

Not impressive?  LOL

17 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Did Stefanie Sun beat Madonna and Kelly Clarkson?

Did YOU beat Madonna and Kelly Clarkson?

Not impressive?  LOL

a very limited frog's perspective of a brain-washed zombie! 

33 minutes ago, mith said:

the witch is at it again... casting her evil spells thro a new cd! so many people already brain-washed by looking at the itune chart!

the cd must be pressed using donated church fund!

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, mith said:

the cd must be pressed using donated church fund!

What are you talking about?  Aiyoh.

OF COURSE Draw Me album was published by City Harvest Church, we are so proud of it! :D

8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

What are you talking about?  Aiyoh.

OF COURSE Draw Me album was published by City Harvest Church, we are so proud of it! :D

another brain-washed zombie! sigh

They are prosperity church after all, get their leaders rich, hopefully their follower get rich too, then bribe*cough* I mean tithe the wealth to their god in hope of salvation from the deeds they do to earn the bribe*cough* I mean donation. Logic!

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, ouat1972 said:

I'm hope I'm not too judgemental saying this but somehow I feel the entire church and her husband are spending way too much money to satisfy her vanity. 

Hi!  Draw Me is not a solo album by Sun.  Draw Me is a City Harvest album out of which Sun contributed her vocals to 4 tracks.

The production team behind this album project is doing it as a tribute of love to the church, and not as a vanity project to satisfy any one's ego.

We hope this clarifies.  Thank you for your support.

50 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Hi!  Draw Me is not a solo album by Sun.  Draw Me is a City Harvest album out of which Sun contributed her vocals to 4 tracks.

The production team behind this album project is doing it as a tribute of love to the church, and not as a vanity project to satisfy any one's ego.

We hope this clarifies.  Thank you for your support.

then why is the title of this topic said SUN HO 2016 NEW ALBUM! so prideful so sinful!

5 minutes ago, mith said:

then why is the title of this topic said SUN HO 2016 NEW ALBUM! so prideful so sinful!

44 minutes ago, snowball said:

I have nothing against her, in fact, i love some of her old chinese songs, as a singer, hope she will has supports not just from her chc, but those that are not christians.

it shows the CHC people are so full of shit! they only wanted fame and fortune! they will cheat, and lie, and sleep their way to get it!

2 hours ago, ouat1972 said:

I'm hope I'm not too judgemental saying this but somehow I feel the entire church and her husband are spending way too much money to satisfy her vanity. 

It's not judgemental at all; it's a fact.

Even the Straits Times reported on her Hollywood mansion and their Sentosa penthouse, with all the luxury furnishings, watches and handbags.

They repeatedly tell people to downgrade their homes in order to have more money to give to the church, but what about themselves?

Over the years, they moved from a 5-room HDB flat to an Orchard Road condo, and finally to a Sentosa penthouse.

44 minutes ago, Guest CKW said:

It's not judgemental at all; it's a fact.

Even the Straits Times reported on her Hollywood mansion and their Sentosa penthouse, with all the luxury furnishings, watches and handbags.

They repeatedly tell people to downgrade their homes in order to have more money to give to the church, but what about themselves?

Over the years, they moved from a 5-room HDB flat to an Orchard Road condo, and finally to a Sentosa penthouse.

You should have included the price of the property to have more impact :)

Sun Ho in City Harvest's new album beats Adele to no. 1 on S'pore iTunes chart

Blessings from GOD !!!!

Please support and buy her tracks to make it number One in Singapore too.

AsiaOne | Tuesday, Jun 14, 2016

Sun Ho

Photo: The Straits Times

AsiaOne
Tuesday, Jun 14, 2016

SINGAPORE - A new album by City Harvest Church featuring pastor-singer Sun Ho has reached number one on the Singapore iTunes chart.

The album, Draw Me, which was released on June 10, contains 13 tracks and features CityWorship. Ms Ho features in four songs.

Retailing for $13.98, Draw Me topped the chart as of today (June 14), beating Adele and local artist Gentle Bones. 

Sun Ho's music career

Photo Source: YouTube screengrabs, UMusic, Xtron, SPH, Sun Ho Music, Tas einer PR, Universal Music
slide-cnt-holder.png
1 of 62

01_9.jpg?itok=kWIjoXed

• 01_9.jpg?itok=kWIjoXed
  • 03_9.jpg?itok=s8LoNerN
  • 027.jpg?itok=V5RfCtp7
  • 106682.jpg?itok=IxsN7TQg
  • 106674.jpg?itok=OqQ7NPO_
  • 106675.jpg?itok=OWB_PdpK
  • 106676.jpg?itok=2hRxaexu
  • 106677.jpg?itok=pMWxylhn
  • 106678.jpg?itok=iL8hQ7fu
  • 106679.jpg?itok=mUto7nRj
  • 106680.jpg?itok=jb2dO0I2
  • 106684.jpg?itok=QF5BRgDT
  • 106685.jpg?itok=3tGw4pZs
  • 106690.jpg?itok=MKW3yie4
  • 106691.jpg?itok=doolHjcd
  • 106655.jpg?itok=1VOiZBXx
  • 106656.jpg?itok=yJubsNdA
  • 106657.jpg?itok=7jHsbPxT
  • 106658.jpg?itok=tu6ngL3w
  • 106659.jpg?itok=S14eVHCO
  • 106663.jpg?itok=YQwo4Rs3
  • 106665.jpg?itok=-Bm2cV30
  • 106666.jpg?itok=-jZUACEu
  • 106667.jpg?itok=eA-rXWAD
  • 106668.jpg?itok=g8qqGbbj
  • 106669.jpg?itok=MlkBDAx3
  • 106661.jpg?itok=euAcds9t
  • 106662.jpg?itok=qC8UcOzK
  • 106653.jpg?itok=lUOkjqhH
  • 106652.jpg?itok=tSk4zbJ6
  • 106651.jpg?itok=Ao_qpNFP
  • 106649.jpg?itok=u0x8dWh3
  • 106648.jpg?itok=4oAYHw_a
  • 106641.jpg?itok=lHxVS28w
  • 24606897.jpg?itok=84FHnAgh
  • 106683.jpg?itok=VqTQyJvr
  • 106699.jpg?itok=VhrmX0D-
  • 106734.jpg?itok=9B4ErFoj
  • 397418.jpg?itok=7xS_JLhk
  • 415673.jpg?itok=wse5Qk9s
  • 439951.jpg?itok=TIDkouTn
  • 2040429.jpg?itok=SYlsHXw4
  • 3139488.jpg?itok=uIftJmhC
  • 4150123.jpg?itok=OEwdCAIe
  • 4299379.jpg?itok=eRXKszXP
  • 5046459.jpg?itok=MS2UiWvz
  • 5046460.jpg?itok=pAzbsVDU
  • 13304444.jpg?itok=eaBt7OnY
  • 13390986.jpg?itok=zNrD6l_i
  • 16451114.jpg?itok=U4pk1ypS
  • 24577456.jpg?itok=b9InnLT6
  • 106643.jpg?itok=wfyCKq3A
  • 106647.jpg?itok=vauj0Stl
  • 106730.jpg?itok=6TYt2AwZ
  • 106660.jpg?itok=ECO0ufOa
  • 106704.jpg?itok=9HGj3fS1
  • 106711.jpg?itok=Gct70zCp
  • 106719.jpg?itok=hUKJhG68
  • 106720.jpg?itok=KHbxB9Bp
  • 106721.jpg?itok=e5BPP5_1
  • 106722.jpg?itok=2CaClu0p
  • 106729.jpg?itok=5rGLFVyb

YouTube screengrabs, UMusic, Xtron, SPH, Sun Ho Music, Tas einer PR, Universal Music

• 01_9.jpg?itok=FO_cGVbX
  • 03_9.jpg?itok=nfz-SSZc
  • 027.jpg?itok=57NQAUD_
  • 106682.jpg?itok=5sbIdpN0
  • 106674.jpg?itok=bMR5K-PT
  • 106675.jpg?itok=wHigbKjj
  • 106676.jpg?itok=IH83b7YS
  • 106677.jpg?itok=sia3yOZ-
  • 106678.jpg?itok=QWUzhbzn
  • 106679.jpg?itok=di5R-Wbt
  • 106680.jpg?itok=Zk3WhB4F
  • 106684.jpg?itok=TSKR8ih4
  • 106685.jpg?itok=YbGSGxmz
  • 106690.jpg?itok=tq5WjbzZ
  • 106691.jpg?itok=NLSySzur
  • 106655.jpg?itok=G31bahVu
  • 106656.jpg?itok=dsy8KS0n
  • 106657.jpg?itok=Js4XZk9i
  • 106658.jpg?itok=fAUFkEOs
  • 106659.jpg?itok=wvYJgB86
  • 106663.jpg?itok=EdHiKKX9
  • 106665.jpg?itok=Il62PaJ-
  • 106666.jpg?itok=TRM0qQA3
  • 106667.jpg?itok=M2BUNLq0
  • 106668.jpg?itok=tsSNDduh
  • 106669.jpg?itok=qEdxhg3h
  • 106661.jpg?itok=dXZKbtLh
  • 106662.jpg?itok=suFax81a
  • 106653.jpg?itok=9WaUOs2g
  • 106652.jpg?itok=WTSzXNve
  • 106651.jpg?itok=qX3pXwIw
  • 106649.jpg?itok=ndRpZn1u
  • 106648.jpg?itok=vudVEEsa
  • 106641.jpg?itok=zAKJJxkj
  • 24606897.jpg?itok=U_Vaj6LB
  • 106683.jpg?itok=Di4F7L1m
  • 106699.jpg?itok=75U-Jwl_
  • 106734.jpg?itok=hhE7COZ7
  • 397418.jpg?itok=Rgz9cuso
  • 415673.jpg?itok=up6qaL32
  • 439951.jpg?itok=ZCWLrdB-
  • 2040429.jpg?itok=cTbX-K9a
  • 3139488.jpg?itok=-P42RfaK
  • 4150123.jpg?itok=Gl1wPqwD
  • 4299379.jpg?itok=b88CNikv
  • 5046459.jpg?itok=FUbKxKUU
  • 5046460.jpg?itok=Yda8zFSy
  • 13304444.jpg?itok=LdrImXAG
  • 13390986.jpg?itok=1yF2kWpt
  • 16451114.jpg?itok=AI754Nma
  • 24577456.jpg?itok=2N0SzRZp
  • 106643.jpg?itok=Z67Mz7Iv
  • 106647.jpg?itok=y_gTFJHK
  • 106730.jpg?itok=LcABo3qg
  • 106660.jpg?itok=IL0R26uC
  • 106704.jpg?itok=3YnPN7Ju
  • 106711.jpg?itok=_kowSeqm
  • 106719.jpg?itok=L61IsCPD
  • 106720.jpg?itok=P2_05R_q
  • 106721.jpg?itok=6mxh7hPJ
  • 106722.jpg?itok=nZMGNVg_
  • 106729.jpg?itok=gwHAbIFN
YouTube screengrabs, UMusic, Xtron, SPH, Sun Ho Music, Tas einer PR, Universal Music

Ho Yeow Sun, whose stage name is Sun Ho, co-founded the City Harvest Church with Kong Hee and others. Kong and five other church leaders were recently convicted of misusing around $50 million in church funds to further the music career of Ms Ho, Kong Hee's wife. However, they have filed appeals following their conviction.

See also: The City Harvest Trial

According to The Straits Times, while physical copies of the album has sold out, the songs have not featured on Spotify Singapore's charts.

Ms Ho has had a musical career that courted controversy because of her provocative music videos. That includes a music video featuring Wyclef Jean that saw Ho dressed in skimpy clothing. 

In a Facebook post, Ms Ho said: "Recording 4 tracks for this album has been an amazing journey for me. When I step into the studio, I set aside the cares and burdens that I face daily, and I find myself just worshipping."

According to a Facebook post by the City Harvest Church, the first print run of Draw Me has been sold out. Mark Kwan, the creative director of the album also added that the album "means a lot for any member of City Harvest who has been through the last six years of trials and struggles". 

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/sun-ho-city-harvests-new-album-beats-adele-no-1-spore-itunes-chart#xtor=AL-8

Guest Guest

Dee Kosh, we know you are reading Blowing Wind, you twat!

Dee Kosh

3 hrs ·

Seeing everyone posting about "SUN HO'S LATEST ALBUM MAKING IT TO #1 ON ITUNES" and making such a fuss about it. Please. K please. "beating gentle bones and Ade...le". Nice headline. Grats to Gentle bones for having BOTH the album AND his EP in the top ten charts. BUT. The truth is, it doesn't take much to make #1 on iTunes in SG. I mean. We have Christina Grimme at #2 and Bob Marley at #5. And besides. I took a listen to Sun Ho's alleged album. And it's not even her album. It's a worship CD in where she sings. So please. I get it. We don't like her. I don't too. But what I can't stand more is news sites sensationalizing their headlines to make it seem like Sun Ho is China wine-ing again. Why it's at number one? City harvest has a weekly attendance of 16 thousand people. If at least 10% of that buys the album when it's out? It'll reach number one for sure. "Why would they buy it?" Because it's a worship CD. I buy Nicki Minaj. They buy worship CDs. It's simple as that. Don't get me wrong. I don't agree with many things that CHC does. But I really get annoyed with all these media outlets giving out half fuck truths just to make sure people share the article. Props to CHC for buying worship CDs. But I just hope your devotion to God is as strong as your devotion to buy the album. Cuz that in the end is the most important. So yeah. Pls. Just pls.

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, Lad2 said:

Can Mod just close down this thread? We already have another thread about the itunes success plus many threads on her previous career. Thanks.

Yes, unfortunately a rabid hater disguised as a CHC supporter started this thread to attract brickbats to Sun.

Guest hahhahha

Wow , I just wanna say , Sun is the mother of all reinventions, even Madonna did not think of repackaging herself as a pastor. I take my hats off to the SUN.

Madonna has been dethroned , long live the Sun.

Madonna is so passe now

• G_M changed the title to All News / Gossip On Sun Ho / China Wine (何耀珊) Aka Geisha Fan Club (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.