Male HQ

Taiwan - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

jazz

They r not always there and not at every station, but there was once at peak hr, they were there and they would whistle on their peep-peeps very sharply and pointed at people to join the Qs. I think thru this kinda disciplining since the MRT started maybe, people are used to doing it liao, so the uniforms dun have to be out so often. In SG, i dun think they ever bothered to guide/educate since the very early days with their yellow lines experiments. Escalator discipline especially did'nt get much effort from the authorities.

Is that hot spring is a natural one or man made pool?

and also everything written only in chinese?????, wat wud happen for an non chinese like me, i thght i can go to taipei this year end, i have to drop that plan now, looks very difficult to manage

They Laugh at me coz iam different, but I laugh at them coz they all are same

Cant answer the hotspring question.

Next, can i assume that u find it difficult coz everything in taiwan is in chinese?

If so.. i guess it is about the spirit of adventure and how much u wan to explore.

I am not trying to show that i am more gungho but When i first came to japan for travel 12yrs back, i dont even know how to speak japanese.. and i made my way to mt Fuji, disney land from the map and whatever english i could gather from the japanese people i asked direction for.

And when we look ard there are also other places whereby language seems to be a kind of 'barrier'. One good example, i think, is Korea.

Well, i guess i like to travel and wouldnt mind going to places i have never been before, at least once. I tried south india before and i dont think i can find the incentive to go there again.

Anyway, What i want to say is that, Try? At least once... taiwan is not so 'inaccessible' as compared to many other countries. Besides, there are also plenty of guides in english either at the bookstore or via the internet that u could do ur research on before ur trip. ;)

Well, in a way, Taiwan, particularly Taipei, is trying to be more international... So, expect to find english road names and signages etc around the City... But then again, the Taiwanese government has a unique way of translating and they do not really follow the normal way of constructing the words in English...

I think I might be confusing you...

Let's just say that the translation's mostly word for word, and might sound funny... And they dun like to use 'zh', 'x' etc for names like you see in Singapore... So, you will see 'hs' in replacement of 'x' etc...

Else, travelling in Taiwanese cities should not be problem for those who do not read Chinese... The people there are also beginning to speak English... Just have fun... :)

Let's just say that the translation's mostly word for word, and might sound funny... And they dun like to use 'zh', 'x' etc for names like you see in Singapore... So, you will see 'hs' in replacement of 'x' etc...

Croc.. u have example of word like that? can give a few examples? ;) i am sotonged :D

as in Hsieh instead of Xie

older4younger

Its pretty alright moving around Taipei...the young people are ready to lend a helping hand to direct the way for you in English.

The same cannot be said in Japan though: I was lost for almost 2 hours during my first visit to Tokyo many years back, and was shooed away by japanese when I asked them for directions. After which I learnt to enjoy myself being lost in the city, and explored around like a blind man before I finally figured out where I was.

Guest Windsor
Is that hot spring is a natural one or man made pool?

and also everything written only in chinese?????, wat wud happen for an non chinese like  me, i thght i can go to taipei this year end, i have to drop that plan now, looks very difficult to manage

There are a number of hotels in Xin Beitou built near to the hot springs areas. The water is piped and channelled to the individual rooms. The hotel ranges from 3-stars to 5-stars and of course the fees paid vary accordingly.

The lowest is about NTD600 (approx S$30) for a 3-hr rent of a room in a 3-star hotel on an off-peak weekday afternoon. The higher end at a 5-star hotel charges around NTD1000 (approx S$50) for a 2-hr rent on a weekday afternoon.

And, of course, the hot-spring water are natural and not man-made.

And for language wise, they do have english translation on their pamplets.

An interesting article on how Taiwan's local airlines are hit hard by bullet train.

'A growing number of Taiwanese are switching from plane to train, dealing a severe blow to the domestic airline industry, already hit by a steady drop in passengers in recent years. The island's four domestic airlines- Far Eastern Air Transport, TransAsia Airways, Mandarin Airlines and Uni Air- used to dominate the corporate travel market serving the businessmen shuttling between Taiwanese cities.

There were little competitions since the alternative modes of transport- the low-speed conventional rail and highway coach- catered mainly to other groups, such as tourists and students. But the airlines share of the domestic travel pie has strunk significantly, barely a year after the high-speed rail service was inaugurated in Jan. Airlines were forced to cut back on their flights by 13.7 per cent in the first half of the year. And they recently waged a price war- some slashing fares by 50 per cent- despite global fuel prices hitting record highs. TransAsia Airways, for inistance, halved its Taipei-Kaohsiung fare to $49- cheaper than the high-speed rail fare.' Straits Times

The article also did a small comparison between the two modes of transport.

Plane

Cost- 'As low as NT$1,090 ($49) for a one-way economy class ticket from Taipei to Kaohsiung. Ticket fare used to be about NT$2,000

Convenience- 'Up to 8 flights per airlines per day. Travellers have to go to the airport in Taipei's outskirts.

Travel Time - '50mins but passengers must check in at least 30min before their flights.

Train

Cost- 'NT$1,490 for a one-way standard-class ticket

Convenience- 'Up to 4 trains per hour, or 45 trains per day, departing from Taipei to Kaoshiung. The train station in Taipei is conveniently located in the city centre.

Travel Time- '90 mins for express service from Taipei to Kao. Passengers to board at least two minutes before departure.'

• 1 month later...
Guest artemov

Day 1 in Taroko Gorge

TaiwanTrip067.jpg

Taroko Express tilting train to Hualien

TaiwanTrip074.jpg

Where the Taroko Gorge meets the sea

TaiwanTrip075.jpg

Entrance to the Taroko Gorge

TaiwanTrip081.jpg

Waterfall

TaiwanTrip084.jpg

Yanzikou

TaiwanTrip088.jpg

Arty farty pic #1

TaiwanTrip109.jpg

Hillside temple at Tianxiang - a model of tranquility

TaiwanTrip114.jpg

Formosa Taroko hotel at the confluence of two rivers

TaiwanTrip123.jpg

Formosa Taroko - 5 Stars toilet :P

TaiwanTrip124.jpg

Formosa Taroko - 5 Stars room

buaya, take the train from taipei train station to Rui Fang.

at rui fang train station, cross the road, take the bus to jiu feng. remember to get the direction correct.

Alternatively you can take a bus from taipei to jiu feng but the time is too long compared to train then bus.

if you have time, at jiu feng, you can take the same bus to Jin Gua Shi.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

small town, old buildings, something different. more relax feel.

that's all from guide book, so i didnt go :)

Jiu Feng good buy are all the food stuff, but since no preservatives, not recommendated to keep too long.

one you can get is their mau chee. at least that can last longer

recommend to spend a day there, find a scenic spot to drink tea (there are lots of small cafe there) then night time travel to Ji Long for their night market.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• 3 months later...

Arrived in Taiwan last evening at about 5:45pm, but did not get to Taipei Train Station until 8:20 due to jam between the airport and Taipei.

Met my friends and after putting down our bags, we proceed to Funky bar. It wasn't very crowded on Friday but as the night goes on, more and more ppl started to come in. The crowds as I was told that will be more the older groups in their 30s while on Saturday, more of the crowds will be younger AJ in their 20s.

Funky.jpg

Saw many nice looking guys from the gym bunnies to stocky guys with moustache and goatee. I did come across a few Japs, especially a cute Jap Cub called Takashi. His friend wasn't the cubby looks but more trendy. Stayed and chatted and met with a few nice lean to stocky locals. Left for dinner at around 2am.

Today, stayed up to watch the Local Taiwanese singing competition where they pit the singer to sing with the professional singers. Pretty interesting.

Am now in 成吉思漢(Chen Ji Shi Han) which literally translate to Gengish thinking of men. The entry is $400NT for 16hours. Free usage of any of the 7 internet station. Have yet to explore the rest of the place. Will report more later.

Chenjisihan.jpg

(Yellow Sign Board in the middle of the building)

chenjishihan.jpg

Well, off for dinner now. Until my next post.

Guest littlebear

You have gone to Taiwan at a very exciting time with the election and all that. Now that KMT have won, the mood there must be of jubilation. You are probably going to get lucky again tonight!

I have no access to internet since my last post. Got home last nite and my PC refused to start, so I am crippled.

Continuing my trip in Taiwan....

The next few days got me going to a few interesting places. My friend drove us to Hua Lian 花蓮 via Su Hua Express 舒花公路 it has one of Taiwan most scenic views. On one side is the Pacific Ocean and on the other side are clifts. I will post some pics later. I will also skip the details and get to some of the places we visited and things I seen.

Hua Lian 花蓮

When to the only AJ pub in Hua Lian 花蓮 called Lover KTV Pub (情人). It is opened by a very cute bear uncle called Chen Yong He (陳永和) 7 years ago. When we got there we thought it was closed. I have to got to a local internet cafe and checked if it is still in operation. Found out that it open only everday from 10pm to 5am. On the Internet it even left his mobile no. (0937-8339097) Anyway, the pub is rather spacious. The owner Mr. Chen is very friendly and he sat with us as we bombarded him as if we are the reported and he is being interviewed. If anyone is going to Hua Lian 花蓮, I would strongly recommend that you visit the pub. Friendly crowds even though when we were there there were only very few people.

lovers.jpg

Taipei台北

At Taipei we went to Xi Men (西門) Red House (紅樓) where many AJ pubs are. A few interesting pubs and AJ establishment we went like. G樂園2. Operated by a very hunky Gman called Ah Jue (阿倔). He is also one of the organiser for the monthly AJ Party.

G2Paradise.jpg

Another establisment at Xi Men (西門) Red House (紅樓) that worth mentioning is Big Gym. It is the Taiwan's version of Japan's Big Gym. Most of the Sex toys like Tenga, Fundoshi, T-shirt, etc. have been imported from Japan.

BigGym.jpg

The shop owner is a very burrly bear called Dean. His nick is Bear Hunter (熊狩).

biggym-tw.jpg

I bought a copy Gmen Feb edition Magazine from him and got a bottle of lube. I also bought my bf a T-shirt for his coming birthday. I managed to get him to give fellow BW member a gift or discount should anyone of you mention to him that you guys got the info from Blowing Wind.

For those who likes to relax in hot spring and do some "bird watching", I recommend Chuan Tang (川湯).

ChuanTang1.jpg

ChuanTang3.jpg

ChuanTang4.jpg

Hua Yi Cun (華義村) which used to be the popular hot spring by local PLUs, have been taken over by Chuan Tang (川湯). It is a place with mixed crowd but after 9pm till late, most of the crowd are about 95% PLU. Chuan Tang (川湯) operates 24 Hours. The steam room is especially "interesting". The crowd are of mixed shapes and sizes, I had a good time "bird watching". Nothing much can be done there as it is not a PLU establishment, most of the PLUs will arrange to meet elsewhere.

The food at Chuan Tang (川湯) is worth mentioning as they provides food and hot spring combo package deal. For more info, those who wants to go can contact (02) 2874 7979. As for the address and map, I will post later.

ChuangTang01.jpg

ChuangTang02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you will have to be totally naked.

The only thing you need to remember is to bring your own towel or you can buy a set of towel from the establishment. You get to keep the towel.

In the locker, you will need a coin for your locker.

Shower and clean yourself before you enter into the pool.

If you buy a package, you can have a meal after your hot spring dip.

Enjoy yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

U went to taipei only or go to other part of taiwan? Care to provide more info on the 成吉思漢? Is it a gym or a health center like Diamond? I'm planning for a trip to taipei next month, any nice facial salon and massage center to recommend? :)

Guest jackman

Was in Taipei for the long weekend and dropped by Hans Sauna on Thursday after midnight. Didn't prep anything cos wasn't sure what's the market for my type. Took a shower, short walk around the rooms on 3rd floor (all empty, not action yet maybe) and then went back down to the sauna room.

There were 2 guys inside, one fairly muscular and the other one taller. Both were doing stretching exercises and making small moaning noises. I just sat behind them and spread my legs wide apart. Then the muscular guy left, and then the taller guy turned around and approached me. My hornieness got the better of me, and we started heavy kissing immediately. A few minutes later he moved on to lick my nipples - actually he was chewing pretty hard and I was moaning quite loudly in pleasure - while I gripped my legs around his waist and humped my hard cock on his abs. Soon I got down and started sucking his cock until it got hard and thick. Then he manoeuvred me to lie down and we did a 69, and he sucked my cock aggressively (abit painful at times) and jammed a finger into my ass. I thought, this guy must be a bi-top, cos he loves to suck nipples and was preparing my ass the typical way they do it in straight Jap pxxn.

I was feeling so high by that time, when he whispered into my ear to carry on outside the sauna room. He led me out to the shower area and sat at the bench, while I kneeled in front of him and sucked him for another 20mins. He kept telling me to deep throat his cock, which I tried my best to. By now his cock really swelled so hard and thick, his cockhead was hitting the back of my throat. We were getting so horny, both ready for some rough fxxking by then.

He brought me back into the sauna room, by this time there was another lean guy sitting, his cock already sticking up. My bi-top sat down beside him and I went down on his cock again. Soon I was alternating between their 2 hard cocks while the bi-top licked the lean guy's nipples. But then things started to get frisky...while I was sucking lean guy's thick straight cock, bi-top got behind me and started to rub his cockhead up and down my asscrack. He was making me so fxxking horny, I wasn't thinking about condom until he poked his cockhead into my ass! It felt so fxxking good, I wanted him to start ramming into me, but I had to force myself to push him out and tell him to get a condom.

Then he leaned forward and started to lick my ears and kiss my neck, and whispered to me again that he'd be gentle. It was then that I sort of knew he intended to fxxk me raw. I turned around and told him no, I'll just suck him off and let him spray his cum on my face (my favourite). He said ok, but he started to push me backwards to sit on lean guy's straight cock. Again, I was so horny, I followed his directions and pushed my butt down onto the lean guy's shaft. And again, it felt so good, I started humping up and down while bi-top kissed me and stroked my cock. But again, I stopped, and told them no.

By this time, I told bi-top I'd only get fxxked if they wear condoms. He tried his delay tactic again, told me he will make me feel shiok first, and sat down and told me to suck his cock. The lean guy got up and was getting ready to fxxk me doggie. It was then that I decided I had enough, left the sauna room, took a quick shower and left the place.

Still regretting not bringing my own condoms...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.