Male HQ

Cold Sore & Herpes (Compiled)

Panda_9791

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

this is good assurance

but how is the outbreak of herpes, like a lot of pimples on the body???

Do not confuse pimples with herpes sore. 

For herpes, you will generally find a cluster of sores with liquid filled, more on the surface. \

Pimples can occur singularly and they generally sink deeper into the skin.

On 03/01/2017 at 2:09 AM, joshTWjosh said:

If it's herpes 1, seriously don't worry about it. AT LEAST two-thirds of the entire human population on earth has the virus (don't believe me can google).

May You always  Enjoy your herpes .. :P

Edited by hornbird

Age of the interest and people still find it hard to google or use YouTube but come in to ask here...  Really want to know or just ask for fun. STD are not fun. Get informed if you want to play around.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

42 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

for those who ganna before herpes (be  it one or two) do they alwys recur?

You cannot cure herpes. They will always flare up, just dunno when. Supposedly the flare-ups will become less intense each time so treatment is more really focus on preventing the flare-ups (can be triggered due to stress or a variety of other factors) and making the flare-ups go away quicker.

10 minutes ago, EasleyLim said:

You cannot cure herpes. They will always flare up, just dunno when. Supposedly the flare-ups will become less intense each time so treatment is more really focus on preventing the flare-ups (can be triggered due to stress or a variety of other factors) and making the flare-ups go away quicker.

tks Easley

so long it is less intense

• 3 weeks later...
Guest worried_boi

The every next day after an exposure (received oral without protection but I top with protection), I notice two "inflamed pimples" on the skin of my penis shaft. I immediately went to DSC on the 3rd day and the doc gave me Biotine ointment to apply.

After one week, one of the "pimples" disappeared but the other shows no sign of improvement. It is still as red and swollen, painful and itchy as before. I'm worried I might have inflected with Genital Herpes.

Bros who have personally been inflected before, do you mind sharing your personal experience and advice?

1. If I really have Genital Herpes and it's going to stay with me for life, will my future partner get Oral Herpes (Cold Sores) if he oral me?
  2. If I tell him we cannot have oral sex in our relationship, it's as good as I can never get attached :(
  3. How do we avoid getting Genital Herpes?
  4. If I unknowingly touch the inflected areas and touch other parts of my body, will it spread?
  5. Does Oral and/or Genital Herpes spread through french kissing?
  6. Any other advice?

I thought of understanding more from affected persons before going for my next appt. If you're uncomfortable in replying under your account, you can use guest account to reply. Thanks for your help.

Guest Worriedsick

I have a blister near the chin. I am very scared of Herpes. The website says that the onset is 3 to 14 days.

Has anyone experienced any symptoms of Herpes? How do you overcome the symptoms?

Also can Hep B be spread through oral?

On ‎22‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:17 AM, Guest worried_boi said:

The every next day after an exposure (received oral without protection but I top with protection), I notice two "inflamed pimples" on the skin of my penis shaft. I immediately went to DSC on the 3rd day and the doc gave me Biotine ointment to apply.

After one week, one of the "pimples" disappeared but the other shows no sign of improvement. It is still as red and swollen, painful and itchy as before. I'm worried I might have inflected with Genital Herpes.

Bros who have personally been inflected before, do you mind sharing your personal experience and advice?

1. If I really have Genital Herpes and it's going to stay with me for life, will my future partner get Oral Herpes (Cold Sores) if he oral me?
  2. If I tell him we cannot have oral sex in our relationship, it's as good as I can never get attached :(
  3. How do we avoid getting Genital Herpes?
  4. If I unknowingly touch the inflected areas and touch other parts of my body, will it spread?
  5. Does Oral and/or Genital Herpes spread through french kissing?
  6. Any other advice?

I thought of understanding more from affected persons before going for my next appt. If you're uncomfortable in replying under your account, you can use guest account to reply. Thanks for your help.

I think that is normal

just rem after oral, quickly go and wash up

u even bothered to dsc???????? normal doc would give u the same Biotine
by right it should recovered latest by a week (usually a few days esp w the biotine)

blister or pimple/acne-like?
Pls go find your teacher Google, if you certain standard answers

On ‎23‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:29 AM, Guest Worriedsick said:

I have a blister near the chin. I am very scared of Herpes. The website says that the onset is 3 to 14 days.

Has anyone experienced any symptoms of Herpes? How do you overcome the symptoms?

Guest Guest medic

Must get Acyclovir containing ointment. Specifically targets the virus. Can also get expensive Axyclovir tablets - 5 tablets daily for 5 days. You are not infective if you have not got the blisters,so oral okay then. Used to be big issue beforeAcyclovir,but dangers much reduced since Acyclovir. Herpes will flare up when stressed or immune system down, so take a good antioxidant in multivitamin form containing Vitamin C. Products like Berocca or Redoxin daily. Hope this helps relieve the high anxiety above.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest medic said:

Must get Acyclovir containing ointment. Specifically targets the virus. Can also get expensive Axyclovir tablets - 5 tablets daily for 5 days. You are not infective if you have not got the blisters,so oral okay then. Used to be big issue beforeAcyclovir,but dangers much reduced since Acyclovir. Herpes will flare up when stressed or immune system down, so take a good antioxidant in multivitamin form containing Vitamin C. Products like Berocca or Redoxin daily. Hope this helps relieve the high anxiety above.

Antiviral agent such as acyclovir should be initiated within 72hrs of onset of clinical symptoms, anything longer than that would have little or no clinical benefit according to the latest evidence based medicine. There are circumstances which warrants antivirals despite its over the 72hrs of golden period but lets no go towards that way.

On 23/01/2017 at 3:29 AM, Guest Worriedsick said:

Hep B can only be spread through blood contact.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

If you hv cold sore you should boost up your immune system. If you Google about natural cure L-lysine is the recommended supplement you should take. Avoid sugar and alcohol.

Eat oranges and red vegetable. These vegetables include antioxidants, such as carotene bioflavonoids and vitamin c to help with skin/wound healing. Try this Liposomal Vitamin C super good but a bit costly. 

Zinc is important for you too. Zinc is needed in many chemical reactions that help rebuild skin and protect the body from viruses or infections

• Guest locked and unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...

There is absolutely nothing to fear about herpes.

Just go to the doctor to have it checked out.

The Government does NOT require doctors to report to the Ministry of Health when it comes to Herpes (unlike HIV), so just have it verified for peace of mind. Do not be an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand. Be informed, be proactive and be vigilant. Then you can properly manage the symptoms. 

• 8 months later...
Guest mw172
On 1/3/2017 at 3:37 AM, upshot said:

Age of the interest and people still find it hard to google or use YouTube but come in to ask here...  Really want to know or just ask for fun. STD are not fun. Get informed if you want to play around.

Is it seasonal? I’m having this for a week now.

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2017 at 10:12 PM, atropine said:

Antiviral agent such as acyclovir should be initiated within 72hrs of onset of clinical symptoms, anything longer than that would have little or no clinical benefit according to the latest evidence based medicine. There are circumstances which warrants antivirals despite its over the 72hrs of golden period but lets no go towards that way.

In my experience, waiting for 72 hours is far too late. You will normally become aware of a herpes sore a day before it starts to become visible. As soon as you feel it on or near your lips, either apply the inexpensive acyclovir ointment five times a day or start taking the much more expensive acyclovir tablets, also five times a day. The earlier you start the less the chance that the sore start to look ugly and break the skin. In most countries acyclovir ointment and tablets do not require a prescription (not sure about Singapore, though). If you once get the herpes sores on or near your lips, I suggest you keep a small tube of acyclovir at your home so you can apply it immediately if a sore reappears in future. Last point. If you shave, try to avoid shaving near the cold sore area. The important thing is not to break the skin.

• 7 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 10:38 AM, InBangkok said:

In my experience, waiting for 72 hours is far too late. You will normally become aware of a herpes sore a day before it starts to become visible. As soon as you feel it on or near your lips, either apply the inexpensive acyclovir ointment five times a day or start taking the much more expensive acyclovir tablets, also five times a day. The earlier you start the less the chance that the sore start to look ugly and break the skin. In most countries acyclovir ointment and tablets do not require a prescription (not sure about Singapore, though). If you once get the herpes sores on or near your lips, I suggest you keep a small tube of acyclovir at your home so you can apply it immediately if a sore reappears in future. Last point. If you shave, try to avoid shaving near the cold sore area. The important thing is not to break the skin.

Good advice. Cold sores make themselves felt by a targeted slight burning hot sensation where they are going to erupt. It's either you put acyclovir cream on it before it forms, or you let it form and you bust it as soon as possible to make it dry out faster. Nothing to really fret about. Cold sores and herpes simplex didn't even become an STD till the 1970s when American Big Pharma invented creams to alleviate them and found nobody bought them because they weren't scared of them. 

• 4 months later...
Guest Yakiniku,
On 1/23/2017 at 3:29 AM, Guest Worriedsick said:

HERPES AND Hepatitis B , are 2 separate different infections.

Why are ppl lumping them together ?

• 1 year later...

Am I the only one but as soon as I inform those who contacted me to chat that I had Herpes 1 n 2, all shun me. I am not surprised by their reaction though, disappointed at first, but I got used to it and dun matter to me now.

Little did they realised that they could get it too if they are not careful and get themselves infected by anyone who is not responsible enough to admit that he has herpes.  

In a good way, their response is a great indicator of who they are. Real friends do not run away at the first sign of trouble. 

On 10/29/2018 at 3:46 PM, superflawless said:

There is absolutely nothing to fear about herpes.

Just go to the doctor to have it checked out.

The Government does NOT require doctors to report to the Ministry of Health when it comes to Herpes (unlike HIV), so just have it verified for peace of mind. Do not be an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand. Be informed, be proactive and be vigilant. Then you can properly manage the symptoms. 

I agree on these points mentioned here. 👍🏼

On 1/4/2017 at 4:52 PM, EasleyLim said:

According to 3 doctors I asked, the flare ups usually occurs when our body’s immunity is low.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.