Male HQ

Cold Sore & Herpes (Compiled)

Panda_9791

Are there alot of people with oral herpes in sg? i read in internet that 70% of US population have cold sores....

is normal for what i know, you dont really need to take any med

I have had fun before and so far, all my HIV tests are all negative. However I have had pubic lice once, and was really traumatised that I have been a host for these little creeps.

I googled for solutions, and havent' seen any after treatment. However, each time I itch on any part of my body, I have this fear that I didnt totally get rid of the eggs or lice.

Since then I had stop having fun totally because HIV is not the only threat. There are many others such as herpes that are not so easily detectable, or could be latent inside the body.

I do not want to infect the ones I love, be it bf or family members.

My question is, has anyone done a TOTAL STD test (which tests for every STD)? How much does it cost, how long does it take?

Hi Max, if you are really so worried about your partner(s) that you want a total STD test, make sure that you include tests for Hepatitis B and C too.

while the usual good ole STD like syphilis, gonorrhoea, and Chlamydia are amendable to antibiotics in all stages,

viral infections like Hepatitis B and C are more troublesome, more difficult to treat, and can lead to permanent liver damage and even cancer in a certain population of vulnerable individuals...

I've done a full std and hiv test. It was at a private clinic in serangoon gardens. It costs $450. Damn ex but gives you peace of mind (I was neg for all tests). Make sure you observe the window period though.

• 11 months later...

I'm very sad today during the first day of cny I got contacted with herpes from my dad.

I was having flu during breakfast and my dad give me his handkerchief saying it's clean. ..

After around 4 hours I can feel my lips is pain like ulcer. I thought it is lips cracking so I don't bother and didn't checked it since I'm at relative house. When I reached home. Showered and checked on mirror I could see the cold sore on lips and I'm very sure is herpes. Went to clinic and it's confirmed that I got herpes.

It's life time and virus in the body can't be cured. Permanently reside in me... it's highly contagious during its outbreak. Skin contact is enough to spread to another person I heard.

my life cannot be normal again. .. As I still having little knowledge about the herpes management and care. .. hope any body with such experience can share with me.

I'm very sad today during the first day of cny I got contacted with herpes from my dad.

I was having flu during breakfast and my dad give me his handkerchief saying it's clean. ..

After around 4 hours I can feel my lips is pain like ulcer. I thought it is lips cracking so I don't bother and didn't checked it since I'm at relative house. When I reached home. Showered and checked on mirror I could see the cold sore on lips and I'm very sure is herpes. Went to clinic and it's confirmed that I got herpes.

It's life time and virus in the body can't be cured. Permanently reside in me... it's highly contagious during its outbreak. Skin contact is enough to spread to another person I heard.

my life cannot be normal again. .. As I still having little knowledge about the herpes management and care. .. hope any body with such experience can share with me.

• Herpes is not the end of the world and does not define who you are. It is “cold sores” – no more, no less.
  • Herpes is a skin problem, not a life-threatening infection, and is manageable and treatable.
  • Having accurate up-to-date information is key to understanding and coming to terms with having herpes.
  • Knowledge is power and over time it allows feelings about the virus to be integrated and normalised.
  • Getting herpes in perspective and winning the war in your mind neutralises the ‘stigma’ attached to a diagnosis.

I try to search for this info thru the net but could not get an answer.

Question: During herpes outbreak on the lips, can it spread when giving oral sex to another person? In other words, will cold sore herpes spread when a lip with sore outbreak come into contact to the dick head? Anyone has the answer?

I doubt it is from your dad that morning! You probably already have herpes from elsewhere and it only manifested when you are sick and body immunity low! Herpes take anythiing from 2 or 3 to 20 days to show the symptons!

Yah I also say, you could have caught it somewhere else when you bj an infected birdie , or kiss a pair of infected lips, licked an infected nipple, rimmed an infected asshole, rubbed you lips on an infected scrotum a week ago , and caught it else where

You maybe blaming your innocent dad for your ow n indiscretions, your dad definitely will have a less colorful sexual life and will have lesser sexual partners than an average gay person.

You can even check if your dad have herpes in the first place after all. 

Stop blaming the cat for what the kitten did.  LOL 

You could seek medical attention from DSC Clinic at Kelantan Lane. Find out how you can manage it well if it is herpes.

https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/Patient-Care/Sexual%20Health/LGBT-Sexual-Health/Pages/LGBTSexualHealthDetails.aspx#para6

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

My dad is staying with prc women and last time have many women in his life before. I'm with monogamous relationship all the while and never kiss or have sex with strangers.

previously I have contracted with hernia from them as well. But it's get healed and not permanently like herp.

I hv very sad life but I'm living in very positive and motivated life always.

Since 5 my parents divorced. Loan sharks came our house during young time and electricity often get cut off. Have to pay for my study tuition and during uni time my worse time when I can only afford for one meal a day with white rice and a vege.

even that. When I grad my second months salary started to pay my dad morgage and mom car. After paying my own insurance I left rm300 for food. Petrol. Entertainment and all others expenses.

I hate myself for being gay but Im fortunate to have most loving bf ever for already 4 years. I don't want to get him into this. During the outbreak. We can't kiss. Sharing food. Utensils. Sex. Towel n toiletries. Bed may be best to sleep separately. My sister is pregnant and I don't want her to get this and her baby.

I don't blame you guys for flaming me here and I don't hate my parents. I love them forever. Just that god has arranged my life with full of challenges. I'm from Malaysia and the people is not well educated about this better. I guess I just need to bare this myself and thanks for any advice given before

What kind of herpes are you talking about?

There are several types of viruses.

1. herpes simplex: an incurable but treatable medical condition. It can be sexually transmitted. though it can also spread at time thru the lesion or the bodily stuff of somebody who has the virus. HOWEVER, I dont think u got the cold sore from yr dad. If Im not mistaken, it takes more than just 4 hours for symptoms to manifest.

2. herpes zoster: Which causes chickenpox and shingles.

etc

But if you have herpes simplex, it's not the end of the world. It is treatable (though not curable). I know ppl with HIV. How u live/deal with yr condition is more important for npow. Playing the blame game wont solve anything. Youve got to look forward now.

You life CAN be normal again. Stop being a drama queen or you will receive a smack from guys who are living fruitfully and very well with HIV.

I also know guys with Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, etc.  LIfe goes on.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

My dad is staying with prc women and last time have many women in his life before. I'm with monogamous relationship all the while and never kiss or have sex with strangers.

previously I have contracted with hernia from them as well. But it's get healed and not permanently like herp.

I hv very sad life but I'm living in very positive and motivated life always.

Since 5 my parents divorced. Loan sharks came our house during young time and electricity often get cut off. Have to pay for my study tuition and during uni time my worse time when I can only afford for one meal a day with white rice and a vege.

even that. When I grad my second months salary started to pay my dad morgage and mom car. After paying my own insurance I left rm300 for food. Petrol. Entertainment and all others expenses.

I hate myself for being gay but Im fortunate to have most loving bf ever for already 4 years. I don't want to get him into this. During the outbreak. We can't kiss. Sharing food. Utensils. Sex. Towel n toiletries. Bed may be best to sleep separately. My sister is pregnant and I don't want her to get this and her baby.

I don't blame you guys for flaming me here and I don't hate my parents. I love them forever. Just that god has arranged my life with full of challenges. I'm from Malaysia and the people is not well educated about this better. I guess I just need to bare this myself and thanks for any advice given before

how the fuck do you get hernia from someone else? dont be a troll la.

and cold sore is contagious only if it is active. your dad had cold sores outbreak and passed you his used hankerchief? if so then you can only blame yourself for being dumb lor. see him having outbreak still use his stuff.

• 1 year later...
Guest ConcernedAboutMyAss

I THINK I have cold sores surrounding my anus, which popped up some days back. Which is weird because I haven't been fucked for over a year, and the only anus-related thing I did in recent times was to be rimmed.

I just wanted to confirm my condition, but I feel weird hopping to my neighbourhood family GP and opening up my sorry ass for him. Or is this the normal procedure? :(

I THINK I have cold sores surrounding my anus, which popped up some days back. Which is weird because I haven't been fucked for over a year, and the only anus-related thing I did in recent times was to be rimmed.

I just wanted to confirm my condition, but I feel weird hopping to my neighbourhood family GP and opening up my sorry ass for him. Or is this the normal procedure? :(

It is normal. Go get it checked. See a male doctor if you are shy. My personal guess is it could have presented itself because of low body immunity at the point in time and not due to any recent sexual encounters.

Guest Guest

Can't imagine the irritation and itch you are gonna feel for the next two weeks , while the cold sores heal, you will walk around like you have chewing gum stuck to the folds of your ass. you are gonna walk around gingerly as though you are a geisha in tight kimono avoiding big movements. Boy . when you have the chance , when you are alone, and no one watching you, you are gonna wish you could do this

or this

if you reallly, really have what you say , you have

• 6 months later...

I was naive to trust a stranger and did intense french kissing for an hour. Intense meaning we sucked and licked each other's tongues and lips. A day after a painful cold sore appear and my family doctor said it was herpes. I did a research and it was stated everyone has HSV1, so I am guessing this is HSV1 since its on the lips and we did not engage in blowjob. In the future will I spread this to my boyfriend if I were to kiss him?

How do we know who are gay docs in this area?

2) what exactly is  a cold sore? I read that there are diff triggers : like flu, stress etc

https://www.abreva.com/about-cold-sores/cold-sore-triggers/

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/cold_sores/article_em.htm

Get gay doctor to check, they will sure like to touch

I was naive to trust a stranger and did intense french kissing for an hour. Intense meaning we sucked and licked each other's tongues and lips. A day after a painful cold sore appear and my family doctor said it was herpes. I did a research and it was stated everyone has HSV1, so I am guessing this is HSV1 since its on the lips and we did not engage in blowjob. In the future will I spread this to my boyfriend if I were to kiss him?

Who ask you to kiss him when there's sores and blisters on his mouth. If there wasn't any sores or blisters then he wasn't the one who gave it to you

That stranger is so irresponsible! You must think a way to punish him back! So he will not forget this lesson.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, mamamia said:

Don't be too worry when u have cold sores ... Try lysine pills and vitamin C ( 1000 mg ) , you would be healed pretty fast like within  a week, I tried before and next time u almost have an outbreak take them ...u can get quality lysine from GNC ...

vitamin c does not cure you from a virus. it merely boost your immunity temporarily and the symptoms disappear. once you contracted herpes, you have it for life, and it will get re-activated when your immunity is low.

50 minutes ago, Guest said:

can one get herpes from a blowjob when the person blowing you have like ulcers or like canvar sores?

Virus transmit when there is an appropriate medium. saliva is one good medium in which the virus will transit and infect another. you might not experience any symptom after the infection when your immunity is high. sometimes, the virus gets killed by the soldiers in you and you are back to health. however, most of the time the virus simply choose to lie dormant and is waiting for the right time to spring back to life when your soldiers are rest on their laurels..

in conclusion, if its a cold sore, you will definitely have a risk of getting the virus.

I agree that viruses are hard to eradicate. For example, the chickenpox virus actually stays in the body even though you may have recovered from the symptoms. If it activates again when your immunity is low, it can cause a painful viral infection called shingles.

Staying healthy is the key.

But I thought canvar sores (ulcers) are different from cold sores. I meant the one blowing you has the ulcer, not cold sores...yup. I read it takes few weeks to know the result if you have herpes though... quite long 

• 1 month later...

Some Facts on Herpes:

1. Around 80% of people infected with genital herpes don't know they have the virus because they have very mild symptoms or none at all.
  2. Using condoms reduces the risk of passing on the herpes virus, but doesn't completely eliminate it.
  3. It can't be cured. 
  4. Oral herpes (such as cold sores or fever blisters on or around the mouth) is usually caused by HSV-1. Most people are infected with HSV-1 during childhood from non-sexual contact.
  5. Most people who have herpes have no, or very mild symptoms. You may not notice mild symptoms or you may mistake them for another skin condition, such as a pimple or ingrown hair.

http://www.herpes.org.nz/patient-info/key-facts/

http://www.drtanandpartners.com/new-information-on-herpes/

http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes.htm

• 1 month later...

Erm Help help!

I seemed to have two round thing /dots on the head of my penis (esp I recently recovered from bites by a sucker)

but they r not protruding like a grown flesh........I wonder what the hell are they??? Hope it is not Std, neither it is an open wound type(like bites - recovered already, or ulcer-like things)

• 7 months later...
Guest millain josh

herpes cure 

i am millian josh, you can also add me on Facebook or send me an email via millianjosh@gmail.com. the main reason why i publish my email and Facebook account out, is that there are several scam on the internet who claim that they have the cure of herpes.i am here to share a marvel testimony,because i have  being scam of $1800 by DR odogu. who so ever that claim such email is a scam.but i thank a kind Godsent man who cure my herpes without collecting money from me,his name is doctor OOSA. i never believed that their could be any complete cure for Herpes or any cure for herpes,i saw people’s testimony on blog sites and Facebook page of how Dr OOSA prepare herbal cure and brought them back to life again. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the herpes the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any herpes system on my body. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine to Dr OOSA I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for herpes that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure from Dr OOSA via doctoroosaherbalhome@gmail.com and you will be free and free forever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. One thing i have come to realize is that you never know how true it is until you try. There is no harm in trying. Remember, delay in treatment leads to something else.and i wonder why the USA doctor are not doing anything about this herpes and it spreading so fast.Here is his email: doctoroosaherbalhome@gmail.com Contact him and be free from herpes!thank you for helping me to cure my HERPES.

Guest millain josh

i am millian josh, you can also add me on Facebook or send me an email via millianjosh@gmail.com. the main reason why i publish my email and Facebook account out, is that there are several scam on the internet who claim that they have the cure of herpes.i am here to share a marvel testimony,because i have  being scam of $1800 by DR odogu. who so ever that claim such email is a scam.but i thank a kind Godsent man who cure my herpes without collecting money from me,his name is doctor OOSA. i never believed that their could be any complete cure for Herpes or any cure for herpes,i saw people’s testimony on blog sites and Facebook page of how Dr OOSA prepare herbal cure and brought them back to life again. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the herpes the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any herpes system on my body. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine to Dr OOSA I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for herpes that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure from Dr OOSA via doctoroosaherbalhome@gmail.com and you will be free and free forever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. One thing i have come to realize is that you never know how true it is until you try. There is no harm in trying. Remember, delay in treatment leads to something else.and i wonder why the USA doctor are not doing anything about this herpes and it spreading so fast.Here is his email: doctoroosaherbalhome@gmail.com Contact him and be free from herpes!thank you for helping me to cure my HERPES.

• 1 month later...

No cure for herpes, treatments can relieve the symptoms. Medication can decrease the pain related to an outbreak and can shorten healing time. They can also decrease the total number of outbreaks.

YES YOU SHOULD BE WORRY ABOUT THIS.

So practice safe sex and be discerning to reduce your chances of catching this life time virus. And if you already got it, it is not the end of the world. But it is time learn to deal with it emotionally and not let it make you go crazy. What's done is done. There is no miracle cure unfortunately. It's not something we wish this on anyone. But with it comes responsibility to oneself and to others if one still want to participate in a sexual relationship or promiscuous behavior.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Worryboy

Just diagnosed blood test result show hsv 1 positive hsv 2 negative. Check with doctor he say leave it if there is a sore or blister get back to him. For information i only engage mutual masturbation with guy not even oral sex end up with this hsv 1 +...

One important detail....HSV type 1 is contagious and not necessarily exclusively through sexual contact; sharing toothbrush, sharing d same  eating utensils or drinking from d same cup while a person is in an acute active state with sores can transmit the virus to another... meanwhile HSV type 2 is more sexually acquired...it's a disease that is lifelong with periods of remision and acute painful cluster vesicles that can be triggered by stress, low immunity, malnutrition, other chronic diseases and etc. etc...your doctor will advice u on how to cope with it and treat it...hope u got some answers to your question... TC

2 hours ago, Guest Worryboy said:

Just diagnosed blood test result show hsv 1 positive hsv 2 negative. Check with doctor he say leave it if there is a sore or blister get back to him. For information i only engage mutual masturbation with guy not even oral sex end up with this hsv 1 +...

As pointed out by the other member, herpes type 1 is easily transmitted through close contact. Many who are infected with this or other STDs often do not know it themselves unless symptoms become apparent and they subject themselves to test. Some irresponsible souls, despite knowing that they are unwell, continue to fool around, catching people off guard. The only sure way of staying free from stds is not engaging in sexual acts at all. When that is not possible, protecting oneself with condom and staying committed to a partner might reduce the chances of one being infected with nasty virus. In your case, hj is a very Low risk activity. But shit does happen. Get well soon.

It is well known that stress causes herpes outbreaks.

So if "stress on diagnose of herpes" is something negative,

the LACK of stress in life is a good way to avoid herpes outbreaks,

and if the herpes virus lays dormant, it might as well not be there!

So, DON'T WORRY.

• Guest locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.