Male HQ

Cakes And Pastries

you are very nice and charitable.

I believe many organisations are looking for donors although they did not publicise it outright

like i used to donate canned food and stuff to some of those home for the destitute. i didnt do anything, just buy the stuff and walk in randomly and drop the items with them

on the side note, im not sure but my personal opinion is that i think they would prefer you donating the raw materials like flour, sugar, butter etc so they can use it for their kitchen's cooking and these items have a considerably longer storage period or use the same amount of money to buy rice or other stables.

I understand and recognise that the efforts in taking time off to bake is amiable and you probably want to take this opportunity to provide for something that the less privileged has less access to like pastries but i think afterall is still a perishable product and some old folks mght have dietary requirements so you may want to contact them first before baking

https://www.facebook.com/Fionphuateeup?fref=ts

check her out, she is on the news quite often for being charitable and she has weekly (if i've not heard her wrongly previously) volunteering events

she may have something in her pipeline suitable

Edited by wintersnow

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 5:08 PM, RoyalSamuel said:

In continuation of my Banana Cakes post...

If you have any charitable organisations, do let me know also, I am able to bake them for free and give them!

Charitable organisations includes - elderly homes, Orphanages and SPCA. We can have charity drive to sell cakes for fundraising events! =)

So nice of you!!!!!

My tummy is a charitable organisation too! Pls donate generously

Don really like to buy cakes from outside .. when i want to eat cake i bake simple butter or chiffon cake myself.. Took baking as a hobby but limited lor.

Still those who are lucky to try my simple cakes says its much better then buying from cake shop.Just bake a banana cake on CNY. 

10 hours ago, Since u r here said:

You sounded like a friend who love to go travelling to HK, Bangkok, jb

Anyway, the jenny biscuits are very intensed in terms of their flavours, however, there was once a colleague brought back one that wasn't that good

So my conclusion is you got to go to its main branch to purchase

You mean, the Singapore outlet in Ang Mo Kio sometimes doesn't meet standard?...If so, must be careful then.

16 hours ago, Friendly said:

Don really like to buy cakes from outside .. when i want to eat cake i bake simple butter or chiffon cake myself.. Took baking as a hobby but limited lor.

Still those who are lucky to try my simple cakes says its much better then buying from cake shop.Just bake a banana cake on CNY. 

Friendly ,

U have an oven at home too?

Sorry loh, some used microwave, steaming wok method etc, too many to quotes if you followed closely to what are posted on the social media

nowadays many non-bake methods hor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXUn2HMcJvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl7OBBTv7KY

honestly, I too cannot accept baking turkey etc not by using a real oven too, I cannot even accept portable/small electric oven

18 hours ago, RoyalSamuel said:

Hahaha... this post was last year! and now then so many people wantttt... haha...

Ok la, currently too busy with schoolwork so i dun have time, but if you want, i can bake small quantities at a time for you, just pay me the ingredients fee! Manpower Fee Free OF Charge! =)

I would love to try your cakes, how much you're selling?

On 3/4/2016 at 6:47 PM, yexben said:

I would love to try your cakes, how much you're selling?

I am not selling cakes! haha... just pay me the ingredients good enough! =)

On 3/4/2016 at 8:03 PM, lovehandle said:

when u live in a hospice or old folks' home, he will then feed u

it s not for sale

Hahaha.... Don't really need to live in an old folks' home haha... I can feed you with them after I have baked them... but what do I get in return? =P

54 minutes ago, RoyalSamuel said:

I am not selling cakes! haha... just pay me the ingredients good enough! =)

Hahaha.... Don't really need to live in an old folks' home haha... I can feed you with them after I have baked them... but what do I get in return? =P

kekekekeke,so good sia....U will not wanna feed an uncle loh....

58 minutes ago, RoyalSamuel said:

Awww.... I love supper!!!

Feeds you with suppeer! ;)

yeh , my chef is back!!!!!!!!!!!(I thought what makes u vanished after your last msg)

Or u wanna come and bake  personally???

Edited by lovehandle

Just now, lovehandle said:

yeh , my chef is back!!!!!!!!!!!(I thought what makes u vanished after your last msg)

Or u wanna come and bake  at uncle's premise???

Please quote me... cuz i will not know if you replied... plus, i don't login here often if i am busy... =P

hahaha... bake your vanilla twiggies?

2 minutes ago, RoyalSamuel said:

Please quote me... cuz i will not know if you replied... plus, i don't login here often if i am busy... =P

hahaha... bake your vanilla twiggies?

So naughty, definitely need some spanking u!

Can u bake some churros and it will serve as the cane on u.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For those who don't have an oven at home or beginners who would like to impress his other half. Light steamed cake, simple easy steps and fail proof, using your rice cooker at home.

Texture is almost similar to that of a Japanese cheese cake. Light and mild, might be a tat bland for some so suggest adding 1-2 Tbsp more sugar. And for those who don't have fancy rice cooker with timer like the one shown in the video, just steam your cake inside the normal rice cooker with enough water for maybe about 20-30 mins. Placed in a smaller bowl/tray and prop up above the water level. A normal steamer would work too. Happy trying and do post your results or your views. 

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Today healthy recipe on Straits Times looks easy for non cooks. 

Spinach and cheese quiche looks like a cross of frittata and bread pudding. Crustless baked in muffin trays. Alternative would be to press slice of buttered bread into the tray before pouring egg mixture to get a bread crust outter layer. 

The second Orange Carrot cake is similiar to standard Carrot cake except without the sinful cream cheese frostings. 

bon appétit

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/enjoy-festive-food-without-guilt

9 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Lol the baker in the video certainly brings a smile to one's face! ^_^

u thinking wat i m thinking huh? stick to the cake...lol

looks quite easy. might try* one day... yah... one day

* p/s: i seriously meant the cake.;)

This afternoon while nursing my cold, I stumbled upon this TV series.

"Ting Ye" was the kung-fu instructor of many TVB actors in the 70s and 80s,

It is most unbelievable the once hunky man has turned to such a loving grandpa.

Only snag : It is Cantonese with Chinese subtitles.

Edited by abang

Wow this series is really good, so many new tips! (though this thread is only for cakes and pastries...)

This kungfu instructor, didn't he also used to be Wong Fei-hong? Maybe different guy...but the cooking is educational. Will try to grab the whole series...:thumb: Thanks!

Edited by Cube3

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:49 AM, shyc said:

if you wondering what to do over this long holiday period?

why not bake something simple and share with your love ones.

Problem is NOT everyone can bake decently

I did a form of sharing in x'mas to a stranger that I felt need help, not costly not food related though

20 hours ago, Cube3 said:

This kungfu instructor, didn't he also used to be Wong Fei-hong? Maybe different guy...

Sorry.. gona side track here a bit from topic. 

The famous Master Wong actor you referring might be the late Mr Kwan Tak Hing

http://kungfukingdom.com/profile-of-kwan-tak-hing/

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=69

11 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Problem is NOT everyone can bake decently

In that case they might want to try the much simplified Steam Cake in Rice Cooker that I linked to in an earlier posting. 

Personally, I do find joy in trying out recipes. Making modification along the way to suit my needs. Not all the time it works, many times I throw them all out, as time passed, I slowly learned to divide recipes to smaller portions so I don't waste too much. And frankly, a lot of times, it only works once. I.e. Since I modified recipes on the fly, I tend to forget some things that I had added or changed. Just like how parent find joy in watching a child learning to walk. He/she tumble and falls, crawl a little, stagger a little, maybe fall, hit somewhere and cry a little. No parents would stop the child from trying again and again. The process in learning improves their abilities. Can you imagine what happen to the child if the parent forbid the child from try again if he/she fell once?

Anyway I had digressed too much. 

Here's a very simple looking recipe of Ms Mary Berry Chocolate Mousse. Looks simple but can be tricky as chocolate tempering and meringue need some knowledge or things could just go very wrong.

P/s: Abang posting is also interesting especially like dessert. Never tried banana in tong sui. Might give it a try.

2 hours ago, shyc said:

P/s: Abang posting is also interesting especially like dessert. Never tried banana in tong sui. Might give it a try.

Pse tell us how it turns out! I try imagining, but banana soup die die just doesn't seem delicious as a dessert soup? Very curious...:rolleyes:

must wait for banana to appear at home...lol

actually should be good. most malay/nonya/thai desserts/kuih have bananas. just never cross my mind to do in clear soup desserts. think malay/nonya have it in their pengat. these are very rich and sweet since it is cooked in coconut or milk. whereas in the clear tong sui style, we can adjust the rock sugar first before adding the banana.

from your posting, your influences seems more western so maybe you rather try a banana popsicle. skew a banana onto a satay stick than leave in freezer till frozen. than melt chocolate over a bain-marie. dip the frozen banana and you will instantly get a chocolate coated banana popsicle. 

1 hour ago, shyc said:

must wait for banana to appear at home...lol

actually should be good. most malay/nonya/thai desserts/kuih have bananas. just never cross my mind to do in clear soup desserts. think malay/nonya have it in their pengat. these are very rich and sweet since it is cooked in coconut or milk. whereas in the clear tong sui style, we can adjust the rock sugar first before adding the banana.

from your posting, your influences seems more western so maybe you rather try a banana popsicle. skew a banana onto a satay stick than leave in freezer till frozen. than melt chocolate over a bain-marie. dip the frozen banana and you will instantly get a chocolate coated banana popsicle. 

I do cook Chng Tng occasionally too, and have sesame seed sweet dessert regularly, so not unfamiliar with Chinese desserts. But boiled banana is a first, so I'm interested to know how it turns out. Will read up more about pengat too! ;)

Well thanks for the response.

It seems that Ding-ye and Ah Tam really have the right chemistry to make cooking simple.

I especially like the shopping tips.

OK..are you guys serious about baking/cooking at my place this coming Sunday, 1 Jan 2017 at 12 pm? Just pm and once I have 4 definite respondents, we shall go ahead.  I need to do some shopping on Friday once this is confirmed.

Recently caught a food drama series and it featured French cuisine Mille Feuille. Thought it's a useful recipe, can vary to make all kinds of dishes. - Used to be able to get puff pastry from Carrefour, but now hardly see it in supermarkets. Where can buy? Does Giant carry?

3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Recently caught a food drama series and it featured French cuisine Mille Feuille. Thought it's a useful recipe, can vary to make all kinds of dishes. - Used to be able to get puff pastry from Carrefour, but now hardly see it in supermarkets. Where can buy? Does Giant carry?

think  giant has it  or you can find it at ntuc or cold storage.

7 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Cube: Which drama is that? I hope it is not Korean
Choc,

the recommendation is not too appetising at all and very common

Look at the course that I recommended, highly appetising

https://www.facebook.com/DulcetNStudio/

3 hours ago, Chocolateabs said:

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

Cube: Which drama is that? I hope it is not Korean

It's Japanese (so I can practise) called Chef: Mitsuboshi no Kyushoku. About a female French chef who was set up and fired from her restaurant, so she ends up at a school making school lunches for children! Light and entertaining, only 10 eps. 

http://kissasian.com/Drama/Chef-Mitsuboshi-no-Kyushoku

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.