Male HQ

We Are Starting A Book Club!

Xaldyn

We are starting a book club!  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking for literature lovers here. Maybe we could meet and discuss our love of books! 

I'm thinking we could have a different themes each meet like favorite romance novels, favorite epic poems, etc. We could have it outside the national library or a gay friendly establishment. Open to suggestions. 

Open to all ages and races and sexual orientation. Let's start this soon! 

YASSSSSSSSS  :lol:  :clap:

I am getting so excited and have so many questions but I will hang on to them first, else I will overwhelm you with them haha.

Great! Maybe PM your questions to me, I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability

SHould we have a line group chat? :P

This thread is commendable.  There are good reasons to form a book club.

However, to form a line group, the Forum has its own regulations:

http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=63678&p=1168878

http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=63678&p=1169847

All the best to Xaldyn in organizing this club.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Is ok le. Not fast book club just book club neh. I read slow too :)

So.... Are we starting soon like a selected book kind? Or maybe start with soft copy kind or go to library?

Edatsgloh is right. I understand we're probably busy with work or school and stuff, especially in Singapore. I was thinking we could have selected topics or selected genres and it can be hard or soft copy. Like if we're discussing horror novels, we don't have to specifically find one to read and discuss. It can be one that we've read before or if we haven't read any, we can come to hear reviews from others who have.

I want to join too. How can I join?

Hey it's great that there are people interested. Sorry if I'm a bit slow in getting things started. Wanted to see the response first and it's actually my first time organizing something, literally. My friend is helping me out in looking for a suitable venue so I'm waiting to see what's the result. Please bear with us a little longer

I have created group line pm me your I'd I add you now I have ready have 15 ppl

Just to clear the confusion. The real group is already started by me and my friend. If you don't see my profile in the group then it's the wrong group.

Interest to join, but I've only been reading fiction books haha. Tons of it!

You make it sound bad lol. It's a club for readers, both fiction and non-fiction. It doesn't matter if you're pure fiction or pure non-fiction as long as you like reading and discussing what you've read:)

Erm yes, I definitely support the idea.

In this day and age, it is easy to forget,

that we do need to go back to the books.

Venue wise : I would say the space outside the National Library sounds good,

if a cooler environment or air-conditioning is not an issue or easily available.

Title wise, I would suggest starting off with something easier to discuss,

like LORD OF THE FLIES.

and then progressing to something of greater depth, like ORLANDO.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear I forgot all the questions I had wanted to ask. Apologies Xaldyn! I will think about it and PM you as promised.

sounds dam chim.... guess i won't be able to discuss Spawn comics here?

Don't be annoying la you hahaha.

Are there still slots open in the club?

Leave your LINE ID here so that Xaldyn can add you into the group chat. Alternatively you can PM him your ID if you prefer to keep it private.

• 2 weeks later...