Male HQ

How Do Gay Cliques Form?

Guest Cliqueless

Guest Cliqueless

K,this might sound like a pretty stupid question but it's not for someone like me who doesn't have any gay clique to associate with.

How do gay cliques form?

It seems every gay guy I see on Insta have their own happy little clique while I am already finding it hard enough to make friends in the gay community... How is it that everyone in our community seems to be somehow linked to everyone else while people like me are left to wonder what we're doing wrong that we don't have a clique to call our own? I've been to Pink Dot too,and it's evident that most gay guys have their own cliques.

You might say being in a clique isn't important in life and all,but for me it does cause it just ain't the same gushing over hot guys and talking about LGBT stuff to my straight peers.

Online,I try to chat people up by saying "Hi" or "Hey" yet most guys don't even reply to that! I mean,what do you expect me to start the convo with? "Hey,what are you seeking?".... And it's not like my profile's a faceless one either. Neither am I too fat nor too ugly (this shouldn't matter but in the superficial community that we're in,you've to admit your face and body are currency. Even for friendships apparently....) I'm not socially inept or what either,mind you..

So yea,how did you end up in the clique that you're in? Through online apps? Events like Pink Dot? Do gay cliques have a lot of drama and fuck around? (at least that's what I hear from here and there..) What advice do you have for someone like me looking to have a clique to belong to?

Guest Cliqueless

I believe I've answered those in my post. Of course,compared to a lot of things in life,cliques might not be as important. But to me,they're still important cause of the sense of belonging that they give us. A feeling that we've a steady group of ppl to rely on.

But my questions about how you guys got into your cliques in the first place haven't been answered. And that's the main focus of my post.

There are differences between superficial, lustful, bitchy gay cliques, and gay friends, you know?

No one can stop you; you can meet some of these cliques through avenues like clubbing, etc. There are also some LINE or WhatsApp groups you can join, to be soaked in all that bitchiness 24/7.

Have fun!

I dont know my consider cliques or not as i already have gay running group, gay vegetarian group and 80% gay dragon boating group. You can get more chance to get more friends on cliques or u join more interest groups like me

Gay cliques are pretty normal, but what BLAQUES mentioned is also true: there is a certain level of superficial characteristics to this clique. The same group of gays will always go out together, etc. It could be (a) they share certain common experiences together which is not shared with others, (b) they have a certain economical status common with one another, © other possible traits shared among them. 

Guest heremeee

I believe I've answered those in my post. Of course,compared to a lot of things in life,cliques might not be as important. But to me,they're still important cause of the sense of belonging that they give us. A feeling that we've a steady group of ppl to rely on.

But my questions about how you guys got into your cliques in the first place haven't been answered. And that's the main focus of my post.

It depends on your age. It is easier to join a clique where most are around your age. Economic status play a role too as overseas vacations and eating out are part n parcel of what a clique does together. I believe i have answered ur question ableit rather indirectly.

More directly spelt out, I got to know people around my age who hangs around with 1 or 2 other people. I introduced 1 or 2 people on my own to the rest. So there you have it! A clique of about 4-5 people.

Of course there is an assumption then all must be comfortable with one another or they have not had sex before. Hahaha

Befriend a social butterly. He'll take it from there. You'll meet all sorts of people. Stick with the ones you deem to be of quality material, and there you have it.

But the butterfly doesn't want to befriend me

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic