Male HQ

Would You Date / Settle Down With An Hiv-Positive Guy? =)

fourth

I think it's high time that we address the elephant in the room. It is likely that there is at least 1 friend of friend whom is positive, and is keeping his status private for fear of harassment and discrimination. I, for one, think and feel that I will have no issues with it. This would be a good gauge to see where (part) of the community in BW think about this.

+65 9090 four four nine six (WA), fourthandthird (Line)

Tiong Bahru market vicinity

$80 / hr - tui na + minor fixing + bone setting (if necessary)

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

$36 bonesetting-and-go (5 - 10 mins)

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Please keep your mask on 😃

and i have NO idea where the poll went. :<

-- 

Go to the first post above.

Right Click Edit to edit in a NEW Window.

Select Manage Poll.

Test it in the Test Forum if you are NOT sure

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Mod

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Knowing someone before he's HIV and staying on with him after ... 

That is quite different from deliberately knowing someone new with HIV.

Yes for the former, No for the latter.

And I'm being anonymous and honest.

Would anyone intentionally get to know someone because that person is positive?

I dont mind to settle down with a HIV+ people if he is too cute or hot but i will definately restrict certain things. I am a person who dislike sex so its ok for me. My restriction for him will be no anal sex, no oral sex, no kissing, no licking on me and the most i can do is to hug and cuddle him.

Guest BradleyEffect

Expect the Bradley Effect to kick in. Members will say the politically correct thing. Anonymous readers will say what they really feel. This social effect was also observed in opinion polls in the US on Same-Sex-Marriage too. Face to face polls showed more supporting than eventual state elections. Anonymous Internet poll were more reflective as more people state their real feelings.

Don't rely on what is posted here. Make the online poll work to get a true opinion.

I wander how many here who have replied that they are ok with it, does it include sharing or even emptying their sayings for the person if he doesn't have the money to buy medication for himself. Also, when the person reaches a full blown stage where outwardly, all the physical signs are there, they are still ok to go out publicly with the person as a couple.

I dont mind to settle down with a HIV+ people if he is too cute or hot but i will definately restrict certain things. I am a person who dislike sex so its ok for me. My restriction for him will be no anal sex, no oral sex, no kissing, no licking on me and the most i can do is to hug and cuddle him.

It must be hard being your Boyfriend  :unsure:

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

I wander how many here who have replied that they are ok with it, does it include sharing or even emptying their sayings for the person if he doesn't have the money to buy medication for himself. Also, when the person reaches a full blown stage where outwardly, all the physical signs are there, they are still ok to go out publicly with the person as a couple.

Love is more than just sex and money issues.

@xboyhunk true that.

It's logical. If there's a choice (assuming they are both equally attractive) - the healthier guy will be my pick.

Initial feelings might tide over initial uncertainties but after some time - will the love be strong enough to tide through the challenge?

AJ rlshp arent really known to be long lasting.

Sounds awful but that's the way it is :(

I would not let HIV+ have a big influence in my decision to settle in with a guy I love.

He would OF COURSE be under treatment and his virus would be undetectable. 

In this situation he has little risk of complications due to the virus.

The medications today are less harmful as they used to be, and may not compromise his health.

To be HIV+ can be very traumatic and lead to mostly unfounded feelings of inferiority.

What better sign of love can one give to a guy by accepting his HIV+ condition like he is completely normal?

What better way to keep alive a good relationship than conveying to the other a constant sign of love?

Expect the Bradley Effect to kick in. Members will say the politically correct thing. Anonymous readers will say what they really feel. This social effect was also observed in opinion polls in the US on Same-Sex-Marriage too. Face to face polls showed more supporting than eventual state elections. Anonymous Internet poll were more reflective as more people state their real feelings.

Don't rely on what is posted here. Make the online poll work to get a true opinion.

I don't expect any "Bradley effect" here, and you will never know, since no relevant election will follow.

We members here have an identity, but it is still an anonymous one.

Why would be say something and then do otherwise?

We treat all our unhealthy friends normally regardless of the disease. If they are not feeling well and cannot go out, we continue to go out with other friends to have fun and let them rest at home and surf our fb walls. If they cannot eat this or that, we continue to order our favourite food and eat in front of them. They should manage their own problems privately like everyone else, healthy or not. If they can no longer keep up with the activities, they must realise life goes on well for others and accept their own fate regardless. Also remember that they were the ones who probably once mocked at those who lead boring lives and practise healthy abstinence from sex. They know the risks of excitement, brave them and are dealing with the nagging consequences now. We each make our choices and everyone expects us to deal with any resulting issues on our own. No pity to be given at all as they surely do not want it too. 

Edited by xboyhunk

yup..u got a point here...

what if the other half required to empty thier savings just to pay for the medi bill for his partner..

but i guess this question is not limited to gays, as it happens quite often to straight couples as well..and my parents actually had encounter it due to my dad diagnosed wit cancer..

when it reached that situation, i believe it shows true love and commitment, the other half would do whatever just to see his/her partner to survive..money no longer an issue here.. ;)

------

Also remember that they were the ones who probably once mocked at those who lead boring lives and practise healthy abstinence from sex. They know the risks of excitement, brave them and are dealing with the nagging consequences now. We each make our choices and everyone expects us to deal with any resulting issues on our own. No pity to be given at all as they surely do not want it too. 

There is nothing to remember.  You make a speculation that people with HIV mocked those who lead boring lives, they knew the risks of excitement, and therefore should deal with the consequences now without deserving any pity. This is not realistic at all.  

Show us someone who has never mocked others, never sought excitement.  Most of us have and yet most of us are not HIV+.   ALL the initial victims of HIV did NOT know the risks they were taking. 

Your thinking is not much different from the idea people had in ancient times that illnesses were the well deserved consequences of sins.

I think being Hiv positive on the bf 's part will make him become kuai kuai and stop going out to the flesh market

Is this condemning mentality typical of Singapore gays???

I thought that in these days only the sanctimonious believers who try to find fault in everybody are the ones calling people with HIV  'SINNERS'.

I would share some opinion in here since we r discussion on this group , first I would like to apologize for my English and grammar .

I m HIV + ( carrier )with 3 years 10months under medication , but I live at healthy life style and my viral load undectable .My appearance/outlook jus shown as normal and gym fit here if I don't tell then no body knows .

After a years getting the virus , I completely positive thinking and started to look for relationship . But very difficult for me for first dating to tell my status , after 3rd dating then I throw the question about HIV relevant topic and I decided to stop the dating with him . After sometime , we are still chat and he is still continue to ask the reason y broke off then I honestly tell the answer that my status . But he said can accept , anyway I want the " true love relationship " not from " sympathy relationship "

If u guys asking can date HIV + , could u guy let me know when we should tell u the truth . As for my bigger challenge that is when should I tell the truth from first dating or how ?

22 hours ago, Guest -G- said:

After a years getting the virus , I completely positive thinking and started to look for relationship . But very difficult for me for first dating to tell my status , after 3rd dating then I throw the question about HIV relevant topic and I decided to stop the dating with him . After sometime , we are still chat and he is still continue to ask the reason y broke off then I honestly tell the answer that my status . But he said can accept , anyway I want the " true love relationship " not from " sympathy relationship "

If u guys asking can date HIV + , could u guy let me know when we should tell u the truth . As for my bigger challenge that is when should I tell the truth from first dating or how ?

I don't think that you have an obligation to tell the first day. But you should do it promptly as soon as the relationship becomes more serious.  A good guide is "whichever the time is when he cannot argue that I didn't tell him".

What you mean by "sympathy relationship" as opposed to true love relationship?  How is the HIV+ status different from any other qualities or negatives?  If he accepts your HIV status he still has to accept everything else in you.  Don't think that people accept you out of pity. 

On 12/29/2015 at 8:15 AM, Guest -G- said:

I would share some opinion in here since we r discussion on this group , first I would like to apologize for my English and grammar .

I m HIV + ( carrier )with 3 years 10months under medication , but I live at healthy life style and my viral load undectable .My appearance/outlook jus shown as normal and gym fit here if I don't tell then no body knows .

i think you should tell him on the 3rd or 4th date. =) better to get it out early before too much emotions are invested. i think la. ^^

Gua sha - $15

6 hours ago, Glyph said:

Just curious. For those who said they would settle with a HIV-positive person, will you do the same for one who say... is mute/deaf or blind?

There is much variety in the type and degree of handicaps, so I don't think one can have a fixed rule.

Now to my curiosity:  would you settle with a person because he is not HIV+ nor mute nor deaf nor blind? 

For me, I wouldn't want that guy telling me his HIV status or whatever his secrets are at first. This is so that, I'm willing to make a sacrifice when we realise we are insanely made for each other. Now this is not to say they should lie about it. They should tell the truth when they are being asked. And people should have the decency to ask their date if he is HIV+ if the they think that they might not be able to accept it after taking their relationship to a deeper level.

So for me, yes I'm willing to date or even settle down with guys who have HIV. Like one of the guest said, it's not gonna be sympathetic relationship, but true love worth sacrificing for. 

tumblr_nx055gZZHw1uc1wv4o1_400.gif

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

No! As if you are inviting death.

Nonsense!

An HIV+ person is not contagious except during unprotected sex.

If he is taking medications and his viral load is undetectable the risk of contagion during sex is very, very low.

Guest Guest anonymous

Before I proceed, I'm a registered user in this forum. For the secrecy of my poz ex, I'm posting this as guest. Hope the mods will understand and not disclose my account moniker here.

Personally it's a conflicting issue for me about dating about poz guy. Here's my side of a -ve dating a +ve

Met my ex sometime in March 2016. We quickly enjoy each others company and decided to get together. Before we officially get together, he pop the truth about his status. I accepted him  and his status. From then on, I find out more on the issue of living a life with a poz. What to watch out. Planned my life with the aim of retiring asap cuz at the full blown stage, I'll need to take care of him personally 24/7.

But it was nvr easy to interact with him. He doesn't like me to talk abt hiv topics. Any genuine question about hiv would be inferred by him as I'm condemning him. But he on the other hand would, time to time, talk abt hiv stuff to which i would keep quiet and let him rant on (cuz to reply might let him feel I'm looking down on him).

Next, whenever we quarrel, he would say these negative emotions will aggravate his conditions and make his health go downwards. Every single time he said this, no matter how justified I am in the quarrel, I would instantly lose out and apologise as if I'm wrong in the first place.

Moving on, he's often use his status as the reason for not wanting to have sex with me (I top him). But on the other hand, he's having sex with others (he tops others). When he confess about his actions, he would apologise to me and the earlier point about negative emotions will aggravate his condition will make me not want to blame him any further.

Eventually, we broke. Many other things leading to the break up. But the main reason wasn't his status.

Now, looking back at this rs, if you were to ask me whether I wanna date a poz guy, immediate reply is no. Not becuz I despise poz but more of a bad experience with a poz guy. 

3 hours ago, Guest Guest anonymous said:

Before I proceed, I'm a registered user in this forum. For the secrecy of my poz ex, I'm posting this as guest. Hope the mods will understand and not disclose my account moniker here.

Personally it's a conflicting issue for me about dating about poz guy. Here's my side of a -ve dating a +ve

Met my ex sometime in March 2016. We quickly enjoy each others company and decided to get together. Before we officially get together, he pop the truth about his status. I accepted him  and his status. From then on, I find out more on the issue of living a life with a poz. What to watch out. Planned my life with the aim of retiring asap cuz at the full blown stage, I'll need to take care of him personally 24/7.

But it was nvr easy to interact with him. He doesn't like me to talk abt hiv topics. Any genuine question about hiv would be inferred by him as I'm condemning him. But he on the other hand would, time to time, talk abt hiv stuff to which i would keep quiet and let him rant on (cuz to reply might let him feel I'm looking down on him).

Next, whenever we quarrel, he would say these negative emotions will aggravate his conditions and make his health go downwards. Every single time he said this, no matter how justified I am in the quarrel, I would instantly lose out and apologise as if I'm wrong in the first place.

Moving on, he's often use his status as the reason for not wanting to have sex with me (I top him). But on the other hand, he's having sex with others (he tops others). When he confess about his actions, he would apologise to me and the earlier point about negative emotions will aggravate his condition will make me not want to blame him any further.

Eventually, we broke. Many other things leading to the break up. But the main reason wasn't his status.

Now, looking back at this rs, if you were to ask me whether I wanna date a poz guy, immediate reply is no. Not becuz I despise poz but more of a bad experience with a poz guy. 

Sounds like he is still not in full acceptance of his condition. Granted it is very scary to imagine yourself succumbing to AIDS or related symptoms, but in truth, everybody dies. It's just how we die. 

I think also because for most gay guys, HIV is a completely preventable thing, that sometimes even in passing a HIV negative person will casts some slight judgement on a HIV positive person. As if to say, their condition is due to neglect or bad judgement. I can image a positive person feeling the weight of shame, if faced with an uncaring negative person. 

I dated a HIV positive guy for a time and he is undetectable and very healthy. He was however very promiscuous, and would underplay his status or risk by not telling his buddies. Certainly I only knew of his status after we were intimate, and I am still negative, which supports the undetectable stance, but it brings up an ethical question:

Does a HIV Positive person have to disclose his/her status to sex partners, even though he is undetectable?  

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Guest anonymous
13 minutes ago, suckmegood said:

Is it just me that this sentence is SUPER DISTURBING? He's ex bf (poz) still went out to top others! WTF!

What's disturbing about it when he uses condom??

• Guest locked this topic