Male HQ

shrimps / prawns lover (aquatic - not for cuisine)

lovehandle

Dear hobbyist,

Hope this is your new heaven for discussion on shrimps or aquatic plants?

I started out mine (still small-scale currently and their sizes are small too) with own diy, I didn't really get a shop or friend to help me, I just did a trial and error and I believe this is life

It s the excitement of seeing them swim

May I asked what kind of food or labels/brands you feed your shrimps with? (mine are neocaridina blue)

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php/87043-Mosura-vs-Borneowild

Pardon me, don't wish to b prejudiced, I noticed that girls really don't quite like to rear aquatic stuff..... from those fb postings and from all the kids and adults I knew who rear aquatic stuff, I really feel that they are ALL men!!!did u realise this?

Hope that more can participate in such discussion...instead of focusing on birds, comeon let s focus on shrimps and their bb (not barebk) : the shrimplets! kekekekeke

I m not an expert! in fact a novice instead, however, I feel we should start this thread!!

Edited by lovehandle

from SSS to C grade:

http://www.planetinverts.com/crystal%20red%20shrimp%20grading%20guide.html
http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php/74217-Grading-system-of-Cherry-to-Fire-Red-Shrimps

Anyone feed their shrimps with leaves?
http://www.theshrimpfarm.com/

It is claimed to be able:

1. Relieves stress of shrimps Creates natural environment
  2. Enhances color of shrimp, helps in molting

Do you provide moss ball for your shrimps? they luv it! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I323A0E/?tag=redch0b-20

I feed my CRS with CRUS CUISINE SHRIMP FOOD which I purchased from CRS Haven.

Initially there are not very used to eating this pellets as I believe they were being fed with live food while they are still in the aquarium shop. But after a short hunger strike, there are now adopting to my feeding time and I feed them once every two to three days. And they are smart creatures as they can recognize me and know when its the feeding time!

I put quite a number of marimo moss inside my tank and occasionally, I do see them playing and chewing on it. However, the marimo still remains the same, haha...

I'm in the east and usually get my CRS supply from seaview and CRS Haven.

I know there is also quite a number of aquarium shops in serangoon north avenue 2 and perhaps one day, we should organize a trip to visit there and its strictly kept to all CRS and shrimp lovers only!

I think with the very informational intro in this thread, it's like when a small bath tub of water meets the big pool of ocean water.. I can't even name the species or common names of the shrimps I have. What I did was I bought whatever that look appealing to me (especially th blue and red ones) and within my budget and ability and tried to keep them alive. However, I guess my small little tank is now overgrown with plants and my shrimps are always hiding inside and they will only appear when I throw in the pellets. It's like my shrimps are telling me, no food no show :huh: 

i do feed them with dried mulberry leaves once a while and recently got some mini pine cones from crs haven and they seem to like them as well. I only managed to keep CRS alive recently when I got a small mini chiller. If not, I got no luck with keeping them alive. The rest of the fire reds and semi transparent types (pardon me I got no idea what they are called) breed like mad and it's always very thrilling and rewarding when you see a hybrid of new generation shrimps appearing in my tank.. 

Oh by the way, only after I started keeping shrimps that I realise that shrimps incubate their eggs in between their legs and not in the "abdomen" haha. That's how noob I'm :D

Be cool, like a breeze...

so cute, Shirtless. I mean when you said "after a short hunger strike"! I really feel like giggling
Mine is exactly having this issue now,
(just some background: I inherited mine from a friend's friends...his breed a lot (but he is straight) , his came from those aquariums at sunset way, blue shrimps)

So the shrimps are so used of his flakes (for the fish) but somehow they love it , they refuse to consume what I bought for them hikari: https://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YXU%25252BpBtTL._SY300_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.com/Hikari-Usa-AHK19404-Shrimp-Cuisine/dp/B001XRR26E&h=300&w=166&tbnid=nHRsEp51TIMjkM:&docid=b8ZtG6VxMvKUXM&ei=98SEVrfnAsGbuQSmvZjQCQ&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwj3vsqztoXKAhXBTY4KHaYeBpoQMwgjKAgwCA
I will use your method! but I thought you should be feeding them at least once a day? why 2-3 days?? your pellets can last for so long?
Hikari 's direction is to feed enough for a few mins and feed several time per day, though I did twice per day currently as it is not their fav food yet (and the pellet is extremely tiny)

it seemed like Mosura and Borneowild r v strong brand and and shirakura is popular (esp for RCS) !
but I have not heard of your brand, Crus? sounds like Cruise....kekekekeke

The moss allows a bio-film of gd bacteria for the shrimps to nibble : http://hubpages.com/animals/Benefits-of-the-Marimo-Moss-Ball

Shirtless, are all yours Cherry red shrimps? I wish to have a lot more colours and species in my mini-cramped tank but we cannot cross-breed their colours so...just have to endured!

Problem is I hope more will join in our discussion over here....before we org a trip...

I believe yours are those small blue crystal shrimps?

The word Crus is actually a shortform of the word crustaceans...

The reason I feed them once every three days is because I do not want to overfeed them and this is one of the reasons why they die easily.

Mine is CRS (Crystal Red Shrimp) those with red and white strips. Mine is not those high grades, the most only costs from $4-$10+ per piece depending on the grading system...

Cherry red shrimps are cheaper and more hardier though I do not have a keen interest on them.

CRS rocks!

So guys, do you mix your CRS or shrimps with other smaller compatible fishes like cardinal tetra or guppies?

Mine is strictly confined to shrimps only, though I tried keeping them with red ramshorn snails but the snails doesn't survive.

I notice CRS Haven sells "Eco-Snails" too but I have not much available information on them. It seems to be very hardy. Anyone here who keep freshwater snails would be able to share.

Oh yes, does anyone here keeps freshwater clams, mussels and oyster before? I do, and often get teased by others for keeping such "weird" creatures as pets.

I also keep rainbow crabs, red thai crabs and vampire crabs by the way.

Anyone here in the same channel as me?

30 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

I can't even name the species or common names of the shrimps I have. What I did was I bought whatever that look appealing to me (especially th blue and red ones) and within my budget and ability and tried to keep them alive. However, I guess my small little tank is now overgrown with plants and my shrimps are always hiding inside and they will only appear when I throw in the pellets. It's like my shrimps are telling me, no food no show :huh: 

i do feed them with dried mulberry leaves once a while and recently got some mini pine cones from crs haven and they seem to like them as well. I only managed to keep CRS alive recently when I got a small mini chiller. If not, I got no luck with keeping them alive. The rest of the fire reds and semi transparent types (pardon me I got no idea what they are called) breed like mad and it's always very thrilling and rewarding when you see a hybrid of new generation shrimps appearing in my tank.. 

Oh by the way, only after I started keeping shrimps that I realise that shrimps incubate their eggs in between their legs and not in the "abdomen" haha. That's how noob I'm :D

I m equally new and "noob" too....anyway, if your browse the other aquatic forums , they too use the terms interchangeably...I only started this last mth-end!

blue dream shrimps lah, etc blue wat ...blue crystal (like shirtless mentioned), mine is cheap too like abot $50 for 10pc

Your tank cannot be smaller than mine : 18X12X15cm depth , mine don't even have a pump, purely using a nano filter (the shop which sold me this has a display of small tank of rcs too, theirs survived v well), I don't even have soil or gravel , the one who gave me some of his shrimps do not have too, yet he is able to make his 4 shrimps grew to more than 40 in less than 6mths!!!!! He didn't feed them or the waters with any other branded liquid or materials, you cannot believe this?

I m not sure why yours cannot survived? Do they die immediately after a day of purchase? It could be due to other reasons instead not cos of temperature

(while experts claimed it s good to keep them from 24-27degree, I put them in my room near my windows and I do not on the air-con 24hrs, but the water is cool most of the time)

How often do you feed them, cool briz? Mine ignored me totally when I throw in flakes or pellets... only after a few mins later, then a minority of them reacted

Did you say pine cones? do they really eat that? leaves I believed so, cos in real stream situation, (before they are caught), they consumed fallen leaves dropped onto the streams/waters

Did u put both the red and blue together? if u don't mind mixing their future gen's colours, then ok to cross-breed...

I realized why does fish/shrimp lovers here are all naked in their photos? do u feed your pets in such a manner?

Shirtless, so yours are pure red? tks for enlightening me that  Crus is actually a shortform of the word crustaceans...

Edited by lovehandle

17 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

I m equally new and "noob" too....anyway, if your browse the other aquatic forums , they too use the terms interchangeably...I only started this last mth-end!

blue dream shrimps lah, etc blue wat ...blue crystal (like shirtless mentioned), mine is cheap too like abot $50 for 10pc

Your tank cannot be smaller than mine : 18X12X15cm depth , mine don't even have a pump, purely using a nano filter (the shop which sold me this has a display of small tank of rcs too, theirs survived v well), I don't even have soil or gravel , the one who gave me some of his shrimps do not have too, yet he is able to make his 4 shrimps grew to more than 40 in less than 6mths!!!!! He didn't feed them or the waters with any other branded liquid or materials, you cannot believe this?

I m not sure why yours cannot survived? Do they die immediately after a day of purchase? It could be due to other reasons instead not cos of temperature

(while experts claimed it s good to keep them from 24-27degree, I put them in my room near my windows and I do not on the air-con 24hrs, but the water is cool most of the time)

How often do you feed them, cool briz? Mine ignored me totally when I throw in flakes or pellets... only after a few mins later, then a minority of them reacted

Did you say pine cones? do they really eat that? leaves I believed so, cos in real stream situation, (before they are caught), they consumed fallen leaves dropped onto the streams/waters

Did u put both the red and blue together? if u don't mind mixing their future gen's colours, then ok to cross-breed...

I realized why does fish/shrimp lovers here are all naked in their photos? do u feed your pets in such a manner?

Shirtless, so yours are pure red? tks for enlightening me that  Crus is actually a shortform of the word crustaceans...

Erm.. I'm just shirtless la not naked haha. My clothes is always on at home so no kinky feeding with shrimps lol.. Ya my tank slightly bigger than yours. About 30cm x 20cm x 25cm. Feed them once a day. Even the fishes love the pellets and forego their own food and so I only feed the stocks with the same shrimp food. tank temperature sometimes can go beyond 29 deg c that's when my CRS got wiped out. The rest of the shrimps got no issue. Oh I have been keeping them for a few years and yet I still don't know their names lol. The rewarding part is they are pretty self sustainable. Breed then new generation takes over and the qty seems to reach an equilibrium for the tank size. 

Yup you didn't get it wrong, it's really pine cones. I bought them as I see them being eaten in crs haven shop and they make nice decor as well in the tank. On top of the shrimps, I also keep a few panda loach which is seriously cute. 

Yes, I mix the blue and red ones together. But I don't get purple hybrids haha.

Edited by Coolbriz

12 minutes ago, Shirtless boy said:

So guys, do you mix your CRS or shrimps with other smaller compatible fishes like cardinal tetra or guppies?

Mine is strictly confined to shrimps only, though I tried keeping them with red ramshorn snails but the snails doesn't survive.

I notice CRS Haven sells "Eco-Snails" too but I have not much available information on them. It seems to be very hardy. Anyone here who keep freshwater snails would be able to share.

Oh yes, does anyone here keeps freshwater clams, mussels and oyster before? I do, and often get teased by others for keeping such "weird" creatures as pets.

I also keep rainbow crabs, red thai crabs and vampire crabs by the way.

Anyone here in the same channel as me?

Ok to keep other pet like snails or like what coolbriz doing , but not crayfish(mini lobsters) or fish that might cannibalise the shrimps ...

Yup I saw the clams etc , I felt tempted but all those frens who are into aquatic , said good to start small and start slow and don't introduce too many changes to the tank too fast..so I hve to endure, I wanted to get a mini dwarf crayfish that wont eat up the shrimps too!!!

and there are vampire crabs ????? oh dear so cute!!!!!!! I honestly don't find "shirtless" weird at all

It s very normal for boys and men to like such crazy stuff, since young I luv scarying my friends with weird insects etc!!!!!! the more they screamed and shrieked , I felt happy!!!!! kekekekeke

U can google for eco-snail, I think they should work fine w the shrimps

Cool briz: can u take a photo of your cone and loach? I guess it s true that CRS is less hardier than the rest....sounds so intereseting

Yup have a few Eco snails in my the other wonder shrimp tank and they seem to be happy so far. But one thing with wonder shrimp tank is sometimes they got "cleaned" up so well that there isn't much food left so the snails will die off eventually. And I can't introduce any food into the tank as it might upset the whole "self sustainable" system.

Coolbriz

Yes indeed your panda loach is cute esp its name: panda, and you sound really like a proud father of all these pets! and you keep different moss and plants too, nice!
does the loach eat the smaller shrimps?

Yours are really bigger sized shrimps, mine are so tiny - nothing to show off ,mine pale in comparison
saw a yellow shrimp (not the transparent w stripes) , did you cross breed them? you mixed so many colours ? Don't they have babies?

are those white colour stuff : the pellets for shrimps? they are huge, mine are as small as the shrimps' eyes

Yours will take some time to finish if it s purely a shrimp tank, but w the fish around, they will snatch with the shrimps

How many tanks do you have?
Self sustainable?
meaning they do not need a pump/filter?
I wanted to do a self sustainable too , initially , but not sure why did I go get the nano filter eventually!!!!!!worried about the PH and the water quality
Do you add those nitrate remover, and whatever liquids to your tank(shown in the pic) or those minerals that might improve the condition of water for the shrimps??

Edited by lovehandle

47 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Coolbriz

Yes indeed your panda loach is cute esp its name: panda, and you sound really like a proud father of all these pets! and you keep different moss and plants too, nice!

does the loach eat the smaller shrimps?

Yours are really bigger sized shrimps, mine are so tiny - nothing to show off ,mine pale in comparison

saw a yellow shrimp (not the transparent w stripes) , did you cross breed them? you mixed so many colours ? Don't they have babies?

are those white colour stuff : the pellets for shrimps? they are huge, mine are as small as the shrimps' eyes

Yours will take some time to finish if it s purely a shrimp tank, but w the fish around, they will snatch with the shrimps

How many tanks do you have?

Self sustainable? meaning they do not need a pump/filter?

I wanted to do a self sustainable too , initially , but not sure why did I go get the nano filter eventually!!!!!!worried about the PH and the water quality

Do you add those nitrate remover, and whatever liquids to your tank(shown in the pic) or those minerals that might improve the condition of water for the shrimps??

Big shrimp, small shrimp, they are all attractive creatures to me :P. the loach is a pretty harmless fish and they don't really mess with the shrimps. I got issues when mixing the tetras with the shrimps previously. I saw on a few occasions when the tetras actually nimbled on the unawared, passing shrimps. If the tank size is small, not advisable to keep tetras with the shrimps. 

Yes, the white pellets are the shrimp food. They simply love it. I have 2 tanks to be exact. One is the "buy-off-the-shelf" marketed as the "wonder shrimps" patented by CRS Haven. You see their products sold in some shopping centers as self-sustainable aquarium. These are the types where I don't change water or add anything to the tank except some vitamins for the shrimps once a while.

Those shrimps you see are offsprings of I lost count with the number of generations that have passed on. So I can't even tell what's their parentage haha.

It seems like getting a filter is essential since we do not know the exact micro-climate in a tank. I will add bacterial culture and some mineral solution once a week. Bacteria to deal with the excess nitrates and minerals to help with the shrimp's exoskeleton formation as they molt. I try not to introduce too many chemicals into the tank and keep it as simple as possible. I change 10% of the water once a fortnight and that's pretty much I do to the tank.

have fun @ Green Chapter. I went there once and they sell a wide selections of tank accessories. Pretty impressive. 

Edited by Coolbriz

1 hour ago, lovehandle said:

Ok to keep other pet like snails or like what coolbriz doing , but not crayfish(mini lobsters) or fish that might cannibalise the shrimps ...

Yup I saw the clams etc , I felt tempted but all those frens who are into aquatic , said good to start small and start slow and don't introduce too many changes to the tank too fast..so I hve to endure, I wanted to get a mini dwarf crayfish that wont eat up the shrimps too!!!

and there are vampire crabs ????? oh dear so cute!!!!!!! I honestly don't find "shirtless" weird at all

It s very normal for boys and men to like such crazy stuff, since young I luv scarying my friends with weird insects etc!!!!!! the more they screamed and shrieked , I felt happy!!!!! kekekekeke

U can google for eco-snail, I think they should work fine w the shrimps

Cool briz: can u take a photo of your cone and loach? I guess it s true that CRS is less hardier than the rest....sounds so intereseting

You can easily find vampire crab in seaview. Sometimes it depends on the season. The shell is purple with a yellow dot in the centre and the eyes are yellowish, hence the name of vampire crab.

Any ideas on how long is the life span of the eco-snail?

Cool briz

Tks for clarifying

wat r the brand of those pellet for shrimps?

Decided nt to go liao, it suddenly poured and dont wish to grow my addiction any further on the shrimps by goin there...

does the water in your normal tank auto-evaporate daily? Will u add water into it to "topup"

mine seemed to evaporate

8 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Yes, the white pellets are the shrimp food. They simply love it. I have 2 tanks to be exact. One is the "buy-off-the-shelf" marketed as the "wonder shrimps" patented by CRS Haven. You see their products sold in some shopping centers as self-sustainable aquarium. These are the types where I don't change water or add anything to the tank except some vitamins for the shrimps once a while.

I have seen those wonder shrimps before. They are also known as red Hawaiian shrimps if im not wrong.

Heard their lifespan is about 20 years and is that true? If yes, that's impressive and its longer than those of a pet dog!

Are you able to post your wonder shrimp tank here as well?

By the way, how long have you been keeping it? Is it totally maintenance free?

21 minutes ago, Shirtless boy said:

I have seen those wonder shrimps before. They are also known as red Hawaiian shrimps if im not wrong.

Heard their lifespan is about 20 years and is that true? If yes, that's impressive and its longer than those of a pet dog!

Are you able to post your wonder shrimp tank here as well?

By the way, how long have you been keeping it? Is it totally maintenance free?

Yes, they seem to have longer life span and thus not easy to hatch eggs. They have been around for at least 3 yrs since I bought the tank and I counted them once a while and still going strong :) 

it's almost maintenance free as you don't need to do anything to the tank. From what I understand, the shrimps feed on micro-algae in the water. The only setback is that I got to buy the "water" from crs haven to top up the tank as I simply do not want to risk adding normal water into the tank for fear of upsetting the system.

i seem to have reached my max allowable quota for posting image here but I will post more images of the wonder shrimp tank once I find out how to work around with the image quota issue. 

Shirtless, it's your turn to post yr shrimps pic pls :P

Edited by Coolbriz

12 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Cool briz

Tks for clarifying

wat r the brand of those pellet for shrimps?

Decided nt to go liao, it suddenly poured and dont wish to grow my addiction any further on the shrimps by goin there...

does the water in your normal tank auto-evaporate daily? Will u add water into it to "topup"

mine seemed to evaporate

Sorry lovehandle, I need to get back home to check on the name of the shrimp food. It's again supplied by crs haven. 

My normal tank water used to evaporate pretty fast too and I got to top up every few days. But ever since I got that mini-chiller, I noticed that I don't have to top up so often any more. 

Edited by Coolbriz

2 hours ago, Shirtless boy said:

You can easily find vampire crab in seaview. Sometimes it depends on the season. The shell is purple with a yellow dot in the centre and the eyes are yellowish, hence the name of vampire crab.

Any ideas on how long is the life span of the eco-snail?

I have googled for u , the snais should be able to live for 1 yr to 18 mths (v rare that it will grow beyond 2years) and pls note:

Most snails are not particularly picky about the water quality but they do prefer hard calcium rich water. To keep their shells healthy and free of damage, they will need calcium rich water that is free of copper and other metals.

I trust you didn't put all your rainbow crabs, red thai crabs and vampire crabs  together w the shrimps right? did you house them separately?

the crabs are also house in a normal fish tank with full of water?

Oh that s the one? abit diff from the CRS website... i plucked a pine cone from japan wilderness too! is the size of  one cone about the size of the palm(minus the fingers)?
Is this costly per pack?

Edited by lovehandle

1 hour ago, guest_jeff said:

Hello.  I am glad to have found this thread just as I was thinking of starting this as a hobby.

What is the wondershrimp tank pricing like and are we able to add snails or choose the shrimp type when purchasing?

Sorry if my questions sound noob, but I am really one ;P

Thanks

Hi Jeff, welcome to the club. Ya we learn from each other. What works for me might not work for u and vice versa so it's good to share experiences as we expose ourselves to the hobby. There is only one type of shrimp that can be used in Wonder shrimp system. So, there is limited thing you can actually do. It's only meant for people who don't want to do anything and yet enjoy the wonder of these small creatures in a beautifully decorated containers. If you prefer to have some participation in a hobby, then wonder shrimp is not quite suitable. Got to build up the tank from scratch like us but the outcome is certainly rewarding ^_^

17 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Oh that s the one? abit diff from the CRS website... i plucked a pine cone from japan wilderness too! is the size of  one cone about the size of the palm(minus the fingers)?

Is this costly per pack?

Actually the cones are very small. 1 cone is only about half the size of my little finger.. I can't remember the price already as it was a complimentary sample given to me after buying quite a bit of stuff from the shop.

Coolbriz,
Thank you for your compli, tonite is eve , i will not be able to sleep! Kekekekeke

Ever since i reared the shrimps , i really wakeup or stay up late at nite to observe them, and i always hear from men (straight ones), they felt happy watching fish or aquatic pets swimming in the tank (not the ladies), just by watching!
and i m at this thread 24hours!

Then the cone is not as large as those on pine trees/christmas trees, do u need to boil them for 15-30mins before you served them the cone? bcos i read up from websites , that before serving them mulberry leaves etc need to boil them, goodness, so many  work to do

Anyway,
the color of the food packaging is so benibachi :http://www.alphaprobreeders.com/benibachi/

It is from this photo/fb then i realized that my shrimps r not that small afterall! cos i know they can grow up to 1.2cm (around there), but mine is definitely not that long:
https://www.facebook.com/186555751394493/photos/pcb.981958778520849/981958435187550/?type=3&permPage=1

& btw, Jeff

Though CRS sell the basic wondershrimp (w 2 shrimps) , u can upgrade it to a bigger container and to add more stuff, just PAY more...Fb msg them, they replied w lightning speed!

11 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Coolbriz,

Thank you for your compli, tonite is eve , i will not be able to sleep! Kekekekeke

Ever since i reared the shrimps , i really wakeup or stay up late at nite to observe them, and i always hear from men (straight ones), they felt happy watching fish or aquatic pets swimming in the tank (not the ladies), just by watching!

and i m at this thread 24hours!

Then the cone is not as large as those on pine trees/christmas trees, do u need to boil them for 15-30mins before you served them the cone? bcos i read up from websites , that before serving them mulberry leaves etc need to boil them, goodness, so many  work to do

Anyway,

the color of the food packaging is so benibachi :http://www.alphaprobreeders.com/benibachi/

It is from this photo/fb then i realized that my shrimps r not that small afterall! cos i know they can grow up to 1.2cm (around there), but mine is definitely not that long: https://www.facebook.com/186555751394493/photos/pcb.981958778520849/981958435187550/?type=3&permPage=1

& btw, Jeff

Though CRS sell the basic wondershrimp (w 2 shrimps) , u can upgrade it to a bigger container and to add more stuff, just PAY more...Fb msg them, they replied w lightning speed!

No need to boil the cones or leaves. I was told to soak them over night in case I do not want the tannin colour that will appear in the tank if you put them in immediately. 

10 minutes ago, guest_jeff said:

Thanks coolbriz.  One last noob question.  You bought your wondershrimp directly from the CRS haven shop in tampines?  Seems like boxstreet is also selling them.

Thanks!!

Actually I bought my set via Qoo10. That time they were having promotion and its so much cheaper buying e-ticket from Qoo10. Then I headed down to the shop at Tampines to pick my preferred set and redeemed with my e-tickets. 

Jeff : His is a upgraded version! You can take our expert coolbriz's suggestion ie to set up your much more challenging wondershrimps' tank or future home, then it will be more rewarding

but coolbriz

U win liao loh , u actually added so much things!!!!!! your house can house so many tanks??!! one in living room, another in bedroom or dining room? So many seashells? that stick/plant thing is only one? wht is that red-flower like thingy in the tank? Red cannot contrast the red shrimps well...greenery like balls can throw in abit more to contrast your red shrimps
Mine r blue hence i felt the moss ball cannot really contrast the shrimps well hence i throw in all the "reefs" and shells (from hermit crabs) that are all white in colour

Lastly, did you create your own vitamin/mineral water in the supertank or you use the supplies  by CRS? (A bottle that can last you 1 to 2 years @$9.90, not sure how large, ml? ) water will evaporate right (the chiller is not in this tank right?, is in the other right?)

Edited by lovehandle

Anyway, wishing you a special and shrimpy new year!
Have more babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shrimplets of course!

See you in 2016, k? and let's hope that this thread will not die down
though my wish is not to be addicted to shrimps!!!!!! kekekekekeke

How did coolbriz managed to attach more files again? u shrink the file size?

shrimp new yr card.jpg

14 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Jeff : His is a upgraded version! You can take our expert coolbriz's suggestion ie to set up your much more challenging wondershrimps' tank or future home, then it will be more rewarding

but coolbriz

U win liao loh , u actually added so much things!!!!!! your house can house so many tanks??!! one in living room, another in bedroom or dining room? So many seashells? that stick/plant thing is only one? wht is that red-flower like thingy in the tank? Red cannot contrast the red shrimps well...greenery like balls can throw in abit more to contrast your red shrimps

Mine r blue hence i felt the moss ball cannot really contrast the shrimps well hence i throw in all the "reefs" and shells (from hermit crabs) that are all white in colour

Lastly, did you create your own vitamin/mineral water in the supertank or you use the supplies  by CRS? (A bottle that can last you 1 to 2 years @$9.90, not sure how large, ml? ) water will evaporate right (the chiller is not in this tank right?, is in the other right?)

Haha Lovehandle, cool down, the design and content of this wonder shrimp tank is purely from crs haven. I did not add or upgrade anything. It is sold as a set. The only thing I added in was more shrimps and that's all. I only got 2 tanks as I have mentioned earlier and I put them side by side both in the living room. 

I wish I could concoct my own "mineral water" but no, I bought it from crs haven to top up the wonder shrimp tank as I couldn't afford to mess up the system. Yup, chiller is not in this wonder shrimp tank. It's in the other bigger tank with my mixture of shrimps.