Male HQ

Which Coffee?

So  I decided to move away from 2-in-1 Instant coffee.  The main reason, the brand that I have been taking all these years keep changing and just do not like the latest packing.  LOL, kinda a stupid reason.

The decision to move away, however, faces new headache.  I am thinking of going back to traditional way, not brewing but just making a simple cup of coffee mixed with creamer/milk my way.  As I stood in front of the shelf yesterday, in a supermarket, and looked at all kinds and types of coffee, I was lost for choice.  There are Nescafe, Moccona, Robert Timms, International Roast to name a few here.

For those coffee lovers, which brand are you taking?  I prefer my coffee mildly thick with lots of milk.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

On 5 January 2016 at 2:20 PM, IkuTube said:

So  I decided to move away from 2-in-1 Instant coffee.  The main reason, the brand that I have been taking all these years keep changing and just do not like the latest packing.  LOL, kinda a stupid reason.

The decision to move away, however, faces new headache.  I am thinking of going back to traditional way, not brewing but just making a simple cup of coffee mixed with creamer/milk my way.  As I stood in front of the shelf yesterday, in a supermarket, and looked at all kinds and types of coffee, I was lost for choice.  There are Nescafe, Moccona, Robert Timms, International Roast to name a few here.

For those coffee lovers, which brand are you taking?  I prefer my coffee mildly thick with lots of milk.

I am only a 'little' picky with the coffee, just not super 3-in-1, no coffee taste and too sweet for my liking. Moccona reminds me of dad cos he used to make for us when we were young. I think this goes well with creamer. To me there is a unique taste. International roast remind me of some of my ex-colleague, they bought this for me to brew for them... I used to make brew coffee in the electric brewer pot. Nescafé comes in a few different grades. I am a cheapo and so far usually go for the lower grade cos of pricing. Indocafe is also cheap but must add that it's pretty mild in terms of aroma. G7 is strong in aroma. Somehow gives you a good sense even before drinking becos of the smell. If you fancy milky coffee like me, maybe you can try the hazelnut coffee, it's quite rich both in aroma and taste. I think there are 2-3 brands that carry this 3-in-1 coffee but can't remember which is the better one. It's also hard to come by in small neighborhood supermart. 

If it's packaging that you dislike than you can also go to your nearby coffee shop and ask if they can sell you their coffee powder. I know my aunt did that when we were young, not sure if they will sell you these days. The coffee shop brew powder is quite strong. Draw back you have to brew it. But it brings back the good old days...lol or you can drink it the Turkish style, with all the residue. 

For me I tend to switch between brands as it gives you different feel. Also I feel it doesn't make you too addictive to one particular  brand that without it, it makes your day a little strange. Well anyway, I had cut back, cold turkey on coffee due to health reason but I stray very often... Hahaha.

Thank you for the sharing, shyc.  Don't think I will go for the coffee shop's coffee powder cos of the residue.  I'm tempted to try Robert Timms though.

BTW, is there anything wrong with your health since you mentioned "due to health reason"?  Hopefully, you are well.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:45 PM, IkuTube said:

Thank you for the sharing, shyc.  Don't think I will go for the coffee shop's coffee powder cos of the residue.  I'm tempted to try Robert Timms though.

BTW, is there anything wrong with your health since you mentioned "due to health reason"?  Hopefully, you are well.

I tried Robert Timms coffee before when they had the buy-1-get-1 free deal. I think it's an Australian brand. The coffee is not strong enough for me even though I got the strongest coffee mix from them. So I finish up an entire bottle of it in no time, as I added more spoons of the powder for myself each time. I guess the Australians are so laid back that strong coffees may just kill them. The flavour is smoother though, meaning it doesn't give you a sudden taste of bitterness when it land on your taste buds.

1 minute ago, Guest said:

I tried Robert Timms coffee before when they had the buy-1-get-1 free deal. I think it's an Australian brand. The coffee is not strong enough for me even though I got the strongest coffee mix from them. So I finish up an entire bottle of it in no time, as I added more spoons of the powder for myself each time. I guess the Australians are so laid back that strong coffees may just kill them. The flavour is smoother though, meaning it doesn't give you a sudden taste of bitterness when it land on your taste buds.

Same guest as above here. Just to add on: The Robert Timms coffee may not be strong enough for me, doesn't mean that it may not be strong for others. The amount of coffee powder I throw into a cup each morning may be strong enough to wake the dead. I used to drink multiple cups of coffee each day, but i'd have to head to the toilets more often. So I came up with this "brilliant" plan to get one single super duper ultra mega strong concentrated cup of coffee in the morning, to last me throughout till at least after lunch. It's worked for me the past 5 years. :thumb:

• 2 months later...

I like kopi o kosong from ah huat brand. It's the only kopi o that do not use margarine to roast the coffee bean. Instant coffee with creamer is very bad for health.  the margarine use in those kopi o or white coffee creamer is the culprits in heart disease.

Ah huat kopi o kosong taste good too. I usually add fresh milk to it and it taste good.

I recall someone said there is this coffee brand from Vietnam that tasted really good. Anyone know which brand?

Hopefully their price are reasonable.

I find that the pricing for White Coffee and Ah Huat Coffee are insane! So over price for that type of coffee, reminds me of how Bread Talk price their bread, over price!

On 05/01/2016 at 2:20 PM, IkuTube said:

Try Robert Timms. Is good. You may start from the gold wrapping (on the glass bottle) to the silver wrapping to the green wrapping.

Personal take -  Nescafe overated, International Roast (not much taste).... These maybe due to my taste buds, nothing biased against these brands. :)

• 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.