Male HQ

IB????

Guest nudetral

1 hour ago, nudetral said:

Any IB tips????

The Main forum is not a place for hooking up of people.

lease do not post any ad in the main forum meant for discussion.

This is friendly warning by the mod.

The next ad posted in the main forum will get you a warning point.

If you are not sure why you are getting this message go read the rules http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=67&p=814014

GM 

P/S: post will be moved to Members Folder

Guest nudetral
10 hours ago, ncikmelonpan said:

Are you referring to the International Bacalaurreate?

I'm an IB graduate from UWCSEA. I did HL Maths, HL Biology, HL Chemistry, SL English, SL French B and SL Economics. :)

What subjects are you taking?

Im taking IBCP. International baccalaureate career related program. So my IB is mainly focused on my future career which would be music. If i were to take IBDP, i would have taken HL Music, Bio, and econs. My SL subjects would have been Lit, math and ab initio german

I see. I'm not too familiar with the IBCP.

However, based on my readings, there is one subject in HL and one subject in SL that is mandatory, so I'll give my cents worth from my IBDP experience.

As with all studies, be sure to pace yourself well. It would be great if you could get an agenda/diary especially if organizing your time in a visual format is something that works for you. Keep track of deadlines and do not leave things to the last minute. The IB is a process and not an exam where you can cram everything in the final month. There will most likely be some written assignments along the way that contribute to your final score - so it's important to stay on top of that as well.

The IB scoring system is also quite different with a 7 to 1 range. Anything above a 3 is a considered a pass. And my teachers back in the Netherlands have insisted that a 7 is not equal to an A, it is equal to an A+++++ so special effort needs to go into that subject to attain that level of excellence.

And as a budding musician, make sure to allocate ample time to practice whichever instrument you specialize in.

It's going to be a difficult journey, but so many people have gone through it - and so can you. I wish you well in your future endeavors!

Let me know how you fare and which subjects you chose etc. through PMs. :)

Edited by ncikmelonpan

• 5 months later...