Male HQ

Comments From Those Whom Are Against Sauna Goers

Guest Disgusted

On 11 February 2016 at 8:37 PM, Traveler3032 said:

They openly took a holier than thou approach and made degrading comments to those sauna goers. 

On 5 February 2016 at 8:47 AM, Traveler3032 said:

I am  not lonely, ugly,  deseased, poor, nor snobbish.  Yet, I am a goer and enjoying it. 

I expect you to at least share with us when was the last time you went for STI screening before you claim yourself as no STI / Aids. 

I am not here to degrade you. I am here to raise awareness on STI and Aids. Please don't take it as personal attack. It applies to those who are addicted to hook-ups on gay dating apps/ crusing at the dirty MRT toilets etc. If only everyone in the community stop the casual sex, learn to love or at least socialize like normal human being, then legal gay marriage is not completely impossible in this country. 

There are many holy straight men and women protest and detest the annual event that advocates "freedom to love". Practically nothing wrong with that slogan. Except we forgot majority of the gay men are extremely loose and do not even know what love is. Prove me wrong if you think I jump the gun. 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:05 PM, Guest PS said:

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:12 PM, Guest said:

And here we are, seeing so many ignorant and foolish sauna kings and queens playing bareback, without having 5 cents of social responsibility and shame. 

Singaporeans - still having the mentality of a 3rd world

You think sauna kings and queens are not playing bareback, without having 5 cents of social responsibility and shame in other FIRST world countries?

cid_000601c7553d0aa4b1806cee81d8D3V.gif~graphics-laughing-590695.gifgraphics-laughing-553148.gif

On 09/02/2016 at 9:19 PM, Guest said:

Gays visiting sauna is akin to straight looking for prostitute

the former can have sex with as many guys as possible

the latter can only have 1 shot with prostitute

There is no difference between sex hook up via sauna or gay app. Both are considered casual sex.

I'm just disappointed in the gay scene that committed long term relationship is not prevalent. In fact it has become rather toxic.

Gays go gym and facial to maintain their appearance so to get easier sex hook up with guys they are fancy in.

Gays cruise and eyeing preys in the toilet, swimming pool, causing dis-contention of other users.

So many good looking guys in gay app, why don't they want to find a bf and settle down. Their appearance will fade 1 day and gradually they will notice lesser and lesser pple want to have sex with them.

We need more gay couples in Sg to share their loving stories and joy and laughter of being committed to each other.

I agree with you, actually. 

I think the key is to have a strong backbone. If you are a good person, no matter what, you will always be a good person. No one is forcing you to be into the "gay scene" - having the strength to say 'no', to not bow down to peer pressure and to always remain true to yourself, is something that will do you well. 

It's also about where you look. The people you frequently surround yourself with make a difference. There definitely seems to be a pretty prevalent culture of casual sex in the gay population. It's also true, though, that there ARE gay individuals who aren't into all the stuff you just mentioned. You certainly won't find these people in saunas, or on hookup apps. It's a matter of selection (think Biology) , if you think about it. 

As much as we would love to think that all the gays suddenly stopping being promiscuous would greatly make a case for same-sex marriage, I've been having thoughts that, perhaps, it is the opposite - allowing gay marriage may be what would help reduce casual sex instead. 

The current situation is such that LGBTs have no preset social structure/norm nor a lot of 'positive role models'. This puts us in a unique position - we don't HAVE to conform, so we get quite a bit of freedom to explore. This has really gone both ways; you can see this in the broad spectrum observed in the gay scene. 

I think it's also important, though, that we have a 'let live' mindset. Changing perceptions and minds has always been a difficult thing regardless of subject matter. One day, an equilibrium will be achieved in our community. Till then, though, just stay safe.

• Guest locked this topic