Male HQ

Promotion deals

Had a friend who came back to Singapore to work after more than a decade in overseas , he find it crazy that so many companies and shops and eatery are giving promotion that ties with different credit cards and it is extremely difficult for front line staff to remember them all , these are stressful for staff , in Asia such as Hk , Japan , Taiwan , USA , Australia , etc , hardly do they have all these promotion , it is easier  to retain , teach and hire new staff .

Normally an eatery is tied to only 3-4 credit card & the promotions are mostly similar (eg: 10% discount). The challenge to remember these promotions is nothing as compared to having to remember the various dishes on the menu & how each dish is being cooked or taste 

if it's so difficult to get the staff to remember a few deals from a few credit cards, then it completely defeats the purpose of hiring human beings. You might as well go for those automated teller machines. And by the way, such promotions happens in HK too. Furthermore, would you rather sympathize your own pockets which is being saved by the credit card promotions, or would you sympathize a business owner who cannot pay enough to hire the right person?

4 hours ago, Guest said:

if it's so difficult to get the staff to remember a few deals from a few credit cards, then it completely defeats the purpose of hiring human beings. You might as well go for those automated teller machines. And by the way, such promotions happens in HK too. Furthermore, would you rather sympathize your own pockets which is being saved by the credit card promotions, or would you sympathize a business owner who cannot pay enough to hire the right person?

A few ? Just look at the different cards giving different deals with different period and conditions to be full filled ! I hold three cards and I could not even remember what promotion I will be getting ! 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

A few ? Just look at the different cards giving different deals with different period and conditions to be full filled ! I hold three cards and I could not even remember what promotion I will be getting ! 

Simple lor... if you feel so sympathetic towards those workers that they cannot remember the promotional details, then just tell them you are ok to go for the usual undiscounted prices. Leave the rest of us consumers to enjoy whatever promotions that we can get now. Can? Nobody will force you to take those promotions if you don't want to. Go ahead and do your part to save those workers who cannot remember. OK?

• Guest locked this topic