Male HQ

Surviving on hospital meals

abang

2 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Low  blood is the only reason why u were hospitalised? cant be right?

I don't think I am that emo about my personal preference about hospital food. All you naysayers, shut up unless you talk to me directly about my medical conditions, show your personal concern and even donate your attention/time to converse with me.  If you have NEVER done this, please don't ever jump to conclusions! (PS I scolded an Ang Mo worse things...although he was quite Anderson Cooperish)

Fact:

This is for the ignorant among our forum users/guests included. The Chinese has a saying: 久病成医.. A healthy blood pressure reading should be lower than 120/80 mmHg. Normal blood pressure is less than 120 mmHg systolic and 80 mmHg diastolic.

Mine was 81/56 - in a very unhealthy and precarious range that warrants observation. I was so unwell and had to be wheel-chair bounded for the entire consultation, X-ray and blood tests. 

Write to me if you want more details about my medical condition. Take good care of yourself ...

6 hours ago, abang said:

I don't think I am that emo about my personal preference about hospital food. All you naysayers, shut up unless you talk to me directly about my medical conditions, show your personal concern and even donate your attention/time to converse with me.  If you have NEVER done this, please don't ever jump to conclusions! (PS I scolded an Ang Mo worse things...although he was quite Anderson Cooperish)

Fact:

This is for the ignorant among our forum users/guests included. The Chinese has a saying: 久病成医.. A healthy blood pressure reading should be lower than 120/80 mmHg. Normal blood pressure is less than 120 mmHg systolic and 80 mmHg diastolic.

Mine was 81/56 - in a very unhealthy and precarious range that warrants observation. I was so unwell and had to be wheel-chair bounded for the entire consultation, X-ray and blood tests. 

Write to me if you want more details about my medical condition. Take good care of yourself ...

Your blood pressure better now...? LOL!

angry_emoticon.png

8 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

He is low bp, nt high

nt sure why did he bothered to explain what is normal bp, as if we don't know.....

I shall close everything related to this thread

Yeah... I am trying to help him increase his blood pressure by making him angry... Then he won't need to go hospital for low blood pressure and eat the food there anymore. See.... I so nice hor? LOL!

03fa21a1c8f5a3238936970e966add78.jpg

8 hours ago, Guest said:

Maybe that's why this posting is so stupid - not enough blood went into his brains. Let's help him out a bit by continuing to agitate him till his next appointment 4 weeks away, and this will hopefully increase his blood pressure more. Then maybe he will not need to eat hospital food anymore.

Yup yup, I was really concerned and concern is the only vocab, but not sure does he feel it........

While I don't wish to describe my previous admission due to other reasons, low bp is also one of my tendencies during my hospitalisation too, and it will NOT take long for the docs to shoot it up in a day's time

but maybe it s also due to HIV+ issues, that leads to more complication for abang?

Sg hosps function on a quick discharge basis, once u r more or less ok, they will discharge u , so for our still so hot-headed(as I aged, my temper mellowed down) mister, his is not just a purely low bp issue, it s more of low bp is risky due to his existing condition....and in all , close to 4 weeks
(...was hospitalised twice in the past two months. Each stay was about 10 -13 days....   )

good that the bp is stable now and his voice is getting louder and we should close this thread

Hope that he can mellow down and less hosp fd for him

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:38 AM, guest88888888 said:

If u stay in Class A , you will be given a daily menu and u can ask for anything...satay...etc

From a class b1 ward or above, you will be given daily menu and u can ask for anything in the MENU(only), it is still structured in a healthy regiment

I use to be a picky eater (lol the whole list of veg...) However, when i was sick, I stayed 3/4 yr in hospital (C class as well), almost everyday i ate the whole portion. The food there was the thing that gave me the energy to recuperate, regardless of how blend / tasteless the food is... I guess it really shape my choosiness for food after I was warded in the hospital (For a guy with sweet tooth, I even ate & drank bitter guard soup). I guess in dire times we mustn't be choosy with what we eat, if its good for the body just suck it up and eat it... 

20 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Yup yup, I was really concerned and concern is the only vocab, but not sure does he feel it........

While I don't wish to describe my previous admission due to other reasons, low bp is also one of my tendencies during my hospitalisation too, and it will NOT take long for the docs to shoot it up in a day's time

but maybe it s also due to HIV+ issues, that leads to more complication for abang?

Sg hosps function on a quick discharge basis, once u r more or less ok, they will discharge u , so for our still so hot-headed(as I aged, my temper mellowed down) mister, his is not just a purely low bp issue, it s more of low bp is risky due to his existing condition....and in all , close to 4 weeks
(...was hospitalised twice in the past two months. Each stay was about 10 -13 days....   )

good that the bp is stable now and his voice is getting louder and we should close this thread

Hope that he can mellow down and less hosp fd for him

Aiyoh.... cannot say like thaaaaaaaat! His bp already so looooooow already, and you still want him to "mellow" down? After he mellow down, his bp goes down even more, how? He will need to eat more Class C hospital food, you know? And then he will come onto this BW thread to post about how food in Class C ward made his weight plummet again! You must make him become even angrier, because only then, his bp can go up and he can become 长命百岁 as a grouchy old man, eating some good food at some high class restaurants, OK? That's the best we can do for him.

This thread is not about food at all. 

This thread is about his loneliness at old age. 

He created it to get some attention as well as to vent.  

As you approach your sliver years and your parents have left or starting to left you,you found yourself without siblings and a companion by your side and you are not adjusting well to it am I right?

I wont judge you but let me ask you why must it come to this in the end? 

You were young once,have multiple romances and healthy yet why do you have nothing and no one by your side in old age?

Have you reflected and ask yourself why. 

37 minutes ago, Guest said:

This thread is not about food at all. 

This thread is about his loneliness at old age. 

He created it to get some attention as well as to vent.  

As you approach your sliver years and your parents have left or starting to left you,you found yourself without siblings and a companion by your side and you are not adjusting well to it am I right?

I wont judge you but let me ask you why must it come to this in the end? 

You were young once,have multiple romances and healthy yet why do you have nothing and no one by your side in old age?

Have you reflected and ask yourself why. 

The same thoughts were going through my mind. Why has it become this way? Are we all destined for the same sad plight in old age?

Food for thought for everyone here. 

After reading through all these, I also think it's not about hospital food anymore.

If one is gravely sick, why still so picky about food? Still need to be palatable and dry shallot?

Hospital food is just a scapegoat.

If one chooses to starve oneself and become malnutrition, the hospital will just resort to putting you on glucose drip.

Edited by aedirn

If loneliness and the above blah actually happens.

How do we even approach self-sufficiency in old age, and to plan for the worst.

-Does it even have to come to the point of hiring your own caretaker?...

-Arranging with a casket company to help bury you when you are dead?...

-Be the independent old man that still is half an upbeat?...

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

Guest Teatree
12 hours ago, feedersmiracle said:

If loneliness and the above blah actually happens.

How do we even approach self-sufficiency in old age, and to plan for the worst.

-Does it even have to come to the point of hiring your own caretaker?...

-Arranging with a casket company to help bury you when you are dead?...

-Be the independent old man that still is half an upbeat?...

Loneliness is not the issue.  It is  a matter of time one will get use to it.  It is when health starts to fail you that loneliness kick in.  Staying healthy is key to self sufficiency in old age, at least right up to age 80, instead of 60 or 70. 

Guest Teatree
3 hours ago, ZealousZeno said:

Some terminal illness ~ long time ago though, cured, alive and kicking, no challenge is tougher than that thus far haha.

What that cannot kills you will make you even stronger. 

9 hours ago, Phil said:
14 hours ago, ZealousZeno said:

Some terminal illness ~ long time ago though, cured, alive and kicking, no challenge is tougher than that thus far haha.

Do you know what is a terminal illness before you come out and say you have/had that?

"Terminal illness is a disease that cannot be cured or adequately treated and that is reasonably expected to result in the death of the patient within a short period of time. This term is more commonly used for progressive diseases such as cancer or advanced heart disease than for trauma".

15 hours ago, ZealousZeno said:

Ya, I have the same question: terminal illness, how terminal that it needs to stay 3/4 of a year

• Guest locked this topic