Male HQ

Your favorite herbal tea?

Traveler3032

I recently started to drink Jiaogulan tea (绞古兰茶), because I read that it's excellent for maintaining health. However,  it may have some added benefit I suspect.  I find that I have had more frequent,  and stronger morning wood! Now I have my morning pick-me-up coffee, then during my morning working hours, have a cup of fresh Chinese  green tea. In the afternoon,  I have this herb tea. I feel more energetic in the afternoon. In the evening,  I will have a cup of camomile tea. They are just so nice. I feel good every day! 

Do you drink herb tea? What's your favorite one?

I used to drink Jiaogulan believe to be has the same benefit as ginseng but have since stopped and currently I drink Korean red ginseng concentrated paste also Japanese macha and other teas. I felt my overall  health has been improved.

3 hours ago, Guest said:

I used to drink Jiaogulan believe to be has the same benefit as ginseng but have since stopped and currently I drink Korean red ginseng concentrated paste also Japanese macha and other teas. I felt my overall  health has been improved.

Korean red ginseng? How many year-old one?

I only buy those 6-year old 顶级 one.

34 minutes ago, Guest said:

Korean red ginseng? How many year-old one?

I only buy those 6-year old 顶级 one.p

Yes same true Korean red ginseng is harvested at least 6 year old. The one I use manufactured by KGC.

I have not drunk any Korean red ginseng tea because I think that it might be too strong in Yang for me. 

Some of the bottled tea sold in stores have too much sugar. Overall,  green tea is the best. 

But I am  a bit fascinated by jiaogulan tea. I think it might also reduce my appetite.  Since I have drunk it for a few weeks,  I don't know the whole effect yet. 

I drink lemongrass tea, best is you make it from scratch from real lemon grass and throw in some of it's leaves though optional. Drink it cold or warm depending your liking. the tea is very uplifting yet if you drink it before bedtime, it improves sleep quality and wake up with body full of stamina.

Guest Pimpleless guy
On 2/12/2016 at 11:43 AM, Traveler3032 said:

I recently started to drink Jiaogulan tea (绞古兰茶), because I read that it's excellent for maintaining health. However,  it may have some added benefit I suspect.  I find that I have had more frequent,  and stronger morning wood! Now I have my morning pick-me-up coffee, then during my morning working hours, have a cup of fresh Chinese  green tea. In the afternoon,  I have this herb tea. I feel more energetic in the afternoon. In the evening,  I will have a cup of camomile tea. They are just so nice. I feel good every day! 

Do you drink herb tea? What's your favorite one?

I do all the time.  When I am gassy, I drink ginger tea. When I have cough, I drink korean lemonade (Jar type). When I am depressed, stressed, I drink peppermint tea.  When I have oral odor, I drank Essence of Tienchi flower,  When I am heaty, I drank various types of chinese cooling tea,  When I am in relaxing mode and reading a good book, I drank fruit tea infusion....

No wonder everyone said my complexion looks good and rosy.

14 minutes ago, Guest said:

Where can buy this 绞古兰茶?

Searched NTUC website like don't have.

Just came across this thread, pardon me, but the proper words should be 绞股蓝茶 (though the pronunciation is the same).

You should be able buy it at any Chinese Medicine shop (中药材店) in the neighbourhood.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

18 minutes ago, sphere said:

Just came across this thread, pardon me, but the proper words should be 绞股蓝茶 (though the pronunciation is the same).

You should be able buy it at any Chinese Medicine shop (中药材店) in the neighbourhood.

Thank you, Sphere. :)

11 hours ago, Traveler3032 said:

Jiaogulan tea can be bought at Yuehwa (裕华国货) in Chinatown. It's eight dollars for 40 tea bags.

Sorry ah, but it is kind of expensive eh.

Currently, the price should be $5.50 (also 40 tea bags) at neighbourhood Chinese Medicine shop.

In the past

When I first get to know about this tea, it was about $3 a few years, both at Chinese Medicine shop in the neighbourhood and Chinatown area.

Then the price increased to $4.50 about two years ago, also at both areas mentioned just above.

And it "shoot" up to $5.50 at present.

Traveler3032, you might want to cross the road to check from those Chinese Medicine shops instead, for a more reasonable price next time? Just a suggestion eh.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

• 2 weeks later...

that's strange.... it really tastes very bitter to me. could it be the brand?

this is the brand i got: http://www.amazon.com/Sheng-Tangshan-Chinese-Jiaogulan-40bags/dp/B003C0GY5K

but yeah i will try to stick with it. it'll be so much easier if i enjoy the taste though.... for now i can only make myself

drink one cup... can i add honey perhaps?

chamomile really helps with sleep.  i still wake up twice a night but i am able to get back to sleep a lot faster.  hope the effect

will continue in the long term. 

21 minutes ago, lifeart said:

I see.  Where can I get the slightly sweeter variety?  The Chinese one is too bitter for my liking, even with less than a minute of brewing.   I was thinking if I should discard the first brew and drink only the second.  

Firstly, I don't really find  绞股蓝茶 bitter, it tasted quite like normal Chinese tea to me (just a personal viewpoint).

If you're drinking it for health reason, and it is "supposedly sweet", I would think there is not much benefit left at the end?

In Chinese, we always say 良药苦口, maybe you just needed some time to get use to the taste?

Just a thought eh, cheers!

I am a Chinese tea drinker, so I find it strange that the jiaogulan tastes so strong to me while most find it quite mild.

but yes I will give it some time. Hopefully I will get used to it and come to enjoy the taste, cos frankly it won't end up as a habit if the taste is unappealing. 

12 hours ago, lifeart said:

I see.  Where can I get the slightly sweeter variety?  The Chinese one is too bitter for my liking, even with less than a minute of brewing.   I was thinking if I should discard the first brew and drink only the second.  

I was told Big C in Bangkok, Thailand have it.

• 1 year later...
Guest Dennis

Not sure what it is called but it is colored black and a bit gooey. It was recommended to me by a friend when I was having cough and colds. really effective but i can't store much of it for so long in the fridge as it expires very fast.

• Guest locked this topic