Male HQ

Mods: Should we have fitness under Interest Group?

jo.sam

This is an open question to all, and especially for the mods. Do you guys think we should have a fitness interest group? There are so many threads in the main forum on fitness. Some of them are on different subjects yet lumped under the same thread.

If we had an interest group, we could discuss gym memberships, exercise tips, weight loss advice. Additionally, members can post progress pics etc to get feedback and tips.

What do you guys think?

Edited by jo.sam

Great Idea! As someone that's only recently gone into getting fit, it'd be really cool to have a section dedicated to fitness itself. The separate section could not only serve as a platform for those who have tips to share, gym discussions, or newbies seeking advices, but could very well inspire others whom have never considered picking up a healthy lifestyle of working out to begin doing so too. Personally I see myself being more involved with a Fitness-interest section than IT/Food/Travel/Massage, and I'm almost certain there's a significant number of fitness enthusiasts here to warrant a section of its own. Hope to see this happen!

It is our choices…that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

I've recently upped my pes status and I now have to do IPPT after years of inactivity. I think an interest group for fitness will be good for everyone regardless whether they go to the gym or not. Everyone needs to pass IPPT!

1. Thanks @jo.sam and everyone for your interest.

2. I subscribe to the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle.
The current BW forum structure with the many sub-forum can be overwhelming to the newbies. Not knowing where to start. 

They get loss and leave.

3. Over the years, we have flirted with SIG whenever particular topics recur in the main forum.

These includes Food, IT, Massage, Travel, Animals/Plants. Results were mixed.  Only Massage and Travel seem to have a following.
The rest are "still evolving" and Animals/Plants were closed.

4. We have analysed the success/failure of SIG in BW.

a. Do we have a DEDICATED sub-section MOD who have dedication for the long term.

b. Why members prefer this SIG in BW instead of a General Forum where the crowd is BIGGER.

eg Car SIG in BW vs a Car Forum for Singapore.

Travels and Massage under BW flourish despite availabiliy ofl SG Travel forums / massage forums/groups.

Because members are able to share destinations that are gay friendly, overseas gay saunas and massage. Somethings that are obviously NOT discussed in the general forum.

5. I will say NO by default.

If you feel strongly convince us that 4 a&b are there.

Cheers !

5 hours ago, HendryTan said:

1. Thanks @jo.sam and everyone for your interest.

2. I subscribe to the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle.
The current BW forum structure with the many sub-forum can be overwhelming to the newbies. Not knowing where to start. 

They get loss and leave.

3. Over the years, we have flirted with SIG whenever particular topics recur in the main forum.

These includes Food, IT, Massage, Travel, Animals/Plants. Results were mixed.  Only Massage and Travel seem to have a following.
The rest are "still evolving" and Animals/Plants were closed.

4. We have analysed the success/failure of SIG in BW.

a. Do we have a DEDICATED sub-section MOD who have dedication for the long term.

b. Why members prefer this SIG in BW instead of a General Forum where the crowd is BIGGER.

eg Car SIG in BW vs a Car Forum for Singapore.

Travels and Massage under BW flourish despite availabiliy ofl SG Travel forums / massage forums/groups.

Because members are able to share destinations that are gay friendly, overseas gay saunas and massage. Somethings that are obviously NOT discussed in the general forum.

Cheers !

Sad face :(

Go convince him,why only make sad face

On Sunday, 21 February, 2016 at 2:19 PM, HendryTan said:

Cheers !

23 hours ago, jo.sam said:

Sad face :(

Well I suggested it for the benefit of users who want a proper place for all fitness related threads. It's my two cents on how I think this forum can be a better product. But if the mods don't want to, or don't think it can lead to a better product then what's the point right?

My opinion is jo.sam should put forth a case that answers to 4a & b. Nevertheless, it is good for a sub-section because the fitness thread on the main section is lumped into one thread and hard to reference when looking for specific fitness stuff e.g. diet, exercise regime etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.