Male HQ

How To Lose Weight: The Best Food Combinations

azimuth

How To Lose Weight: The Best Food Combinations

http://www.lifehack.org/361239/how-lose-weight-the-best-food-combinations

If you have tried every single diet to slim down and failed, try eating particular foods together. It will make your weight loss process easier, while introducing you to certain food combinations that will help your body balance itself and eliminate toxins.

Here are some food combinations that will work well with your diet plan. Get ready for a trip to a grocery store and you’ll soon start shedding your unwanted weight.

1. Berries on top

Oatmeal and Berries

Oatmeal topped with berries is a delicious fat-burning breakfast option. Each food contains insoluble fiber that controls hunger. Plus, berries are packed with micronutrients that assist in weight loss and they can stop fat from forming as well.

Yogurt and Berries

A combination of calcium and vitamin D can significantly decrease belly fat and fat absorption. Fiber-packed berries will complement these nutrients. Enjoy this tasty duo as a quick breakfast or afternoon snack.

Walnuts and Berries

Insoluble fiber in berries helps feed the healthy bacteria in your gut, triggering production of a fatty acid that reduces inflammation throughout your body. Pairing berries with the good polyunsaturated fats in walnuts reduces fat storage and improves insulin metabolism.

Ricotta and Berries

Calcium-rich foods like ricotta can help your body metabolize fat more efficiently. According to the research, topping it with berries decreases the formation of fat cells by up to 73 percent.

2. Sprinkle some cinnamon

Yogurt and Cinnamon

A study found that diets rich in both calcium and vitamin C can significantly decrease the amount of fat the body absorbs and stores. When you add a sprinkle of cinnamon, not only does it taste great, but it also contains powerful antioxidants.

Coffee and Cinnamon

Cinnamon is practically calorie-free and can add a major flavor punch to your morning cup of joe. What’s more, it contains powerful antioxidants that are proven to reduce the accumulation of belly fat. So, next time you stop by your local coffee shop for some caffeine, don’t hesitate to sprinkle some cinnamon in your cup.

3. Add freshly squeezed citrus

White Tea and Lemon

White tea works in distinct ways to help strip away fat from your body. It can simultaneously boost the breakdown of fat and block the formation of fat cells. Secondly, the tea is a rich source of antioxidants that trigger the release of fat from cells and help speed the ability to turn fat into energy. The vitamin C in just half a lemon can boost fat burning by as much as 25 percent.

Water and Citrus Fruits

A pitcher of ice water with sliced whole lemons, oranges, or grapefruit is a great substitute for sugary beverages. The citrus peels add a powerful antioxidant that stimulates liver enzymes, helping to get rid of toxins in the body and flush fat from your system.

4. Spice it up with peppers

Cayenne and Chicken

When you are almost ready to grill chicken at your family party, sprinkle a dash of cayenne powder over it. Protein-rich foods like poultry with chili pepper can increase calorie burn by as much as 35 percent or more.

Peppers and Eggs

Grab a pepper and a few eggs and get crackin’. Eggs boost your metabolism and peppers are a good source of vitamin C. Getting an adequate amount of vitamin C can help fight off cortisol, a hormone that causes fat to accumulate around your waist.

Peppers and Potatoes

Science reveals that spuds are actually powerful hunger tamers that can help you lose weight. In fact, researchers found that potatoes are actually more filling than brown rice and oatmeal. The root vegetable is also a good source of potassium, so they can help you look slimmer almost immediately. Enjoy a baked potato with a bit of olive oil and fresh black pepper.

5. Start loving spinach

Spinach and Bananas

Slightly green bananas are rich in something called resistant starch. This type of starch boosts satiety and resists digestion. So the body has to work harder to digest the food, which promotes fat oxidation and reduces abdominal fat. What’s more, bananas are rich in potassium, a nutrient that helps banish pesky bloat, making you look skinnier and more fit than you actually are. The next time you are about to head out to a gym, make yourself a fat-fighting smoothie of spinach and bananas before you go.

Spinach and Avocado Oil

Avocado oil is rich in monounsaturated fats that help ward off hunger. And high-volume, low-calorie greens like spinach help fill you up without filling you out. Studies show that women who eat foods with high water content, such as leafy greens, have lower BMIs and smaller waistlines than those who don’t.

6. Simply season your favorite fish with these Asian spices

Tuna and Ginger

Have you wondered why they serve ginger slices at the sushi restaurant? Ginger accelerates gastric emptying and blocks several genes and enzymes in the body that promote inflammation. Tuna is a primo source of a type of omega-3 fat that can ward off stress chemicals that promote flab storage and regulate fat genes in the stomach, stopping belly fat cells from growing larger.

Salmon and Garlic

Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and muscle-building protein, and a winner when it comes to reducing inflammation. The more muscle you have on your body, the higher your metabolic rate. Just throw garlic into the mix. It will fight off your stubborn belly fat. According to the research, women who ingested 80 milligrams of garlic extract a day for 12 weeks lost weight and reduced their BMI significantly.

Edited by azimuth

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2016 at 6:20 PM, Riley5 said:

Thanks for the info.

I have tried many things for losing my weight but i do not get satisfactory result..

But i will try it. Hope will get useful solution.

What had you tried ?
list down the things you eat in 1 week ?

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

Just share some experience from my diet since I have been through 2 cutting phases where I did take note of my diet. I workout about 3 times a week and do not really do much cardio. My most cardio intense weeks includes two session cardio (swim/ run/Hitt) and on most weeks it is zero cardio. 

1) cutting phase 1: 74kg down to 70kg in about 2-3 months. bodyfats from 20+% down to 14%

2) cutting phase 2: 80kg down to 74kg in 3months. Cutting still in progress at point of posting and weight is still going down. 

Foods that worked for me

1) Green tea

2) grape fruit

3) chicken breast and brocolli

4) greek yoghurt + berries + oats/ muesli 

5) sweet potatoes

6) couscous

7) quinoa plus mixed vegetables 

8) boiled eggs

My daily meals

breakfast: oatmeal/ muesli + greek yoghurt + berries for breakfast everyday (I add a scoop of whey protein as well) 

lunch: Economic rice with without the rice. 2 meats, 1 tofu and 2 vegetables with no sauce. I scrap away the sauce. Sometimes I take 1 to 3 scoops of rice

dinner: about 300g meat and a huge portion of vegetables. These days I exclude carbs and even sweet potatoes. Meal usually includes little or no oil. 

snacks: fruits like berries/ citrus fruits, nuts like almonds and walnuts

Daily Calories - Generally slight deficit on most days. I started off measuring calories during the start of my cutting phase and later ended up estimating instead. 

Post workout meals - Post workout meals will include 1 bowl of carbs like rice or noodles

water: I drink several litres of water every day. 

dineout dinner or lunches: generally avoid fast foods and fried foods. Tend to go for Yong tau foo or fish soup or other soupy stuffs. Will try to cook dinner whenever possible on non-workout days

Cheat days: Usually will have meals with friends at cafes or restaurants. No restrictions with friends as I am a social eater. Sometimes cheat days/meals are on weekdays if I meet friends. 

My advice: Abs are really made in the kitchen. Learn to watch your diet and try to cook your own meals. It will pay off. 

Edited by caylus

20 hours ago, caylus said:

Just share some experience from my diet since I have been through 2 cutting phases where I did take note of my diet. I workout about 3 times a week and do not really do much cardio. My most cardio intense weeks includes two session cardio (swim/ run/Hitt) and on most weeks it is zero cardio. 

1) cutting phase 1: 74kg down to 70kg in about 2-3 months. bodyfats from 20+% down to 14%

2) cutting phase 2: 80kg down to 74kg in 3months. Cutting still in progress at point of posting and weight is still going down. 

Foods that worked for me

1) Green tea

2) grape fruit

5) sweet potatoes

6) couscous

8) boiled eggs

My daily meals

breakfast: oatmeal/ muesli + greek yoghurt + berries for breakfast everyday (I add a scoop of whey protein as well) 

lunch: Economic rice with without the rice. 2 meats, 1 tofu and 2 vegetables with no sauce. I scrap away the sauce. Sometimes I take 1 to 3 scoops of rice

dinner: about 300g meat and a huge portion of vegetables. These days I exclude carbs and even sweet potatoes. Meal usually includes little or no oil. 

Daily Calories - Generally slight deficit on most days. I started off measuring calories during the start of my cutting phase and later ended up estimating instead. 

Post workout meals - Post workout meals will include 1 bowl of carbs like rice or noodles

dineout dinner or lunches: generally avoid fast foods and fried foods. Tend to go for Yong tau foo or fish soup or other soupy stuffs. Will try to cook dinner whenever possible on non-workout days

Cheat days: Usually will have meals with friends at cafes or restaurants. No restrictions with friends as I am a social eater. Sometimes cheat days/meals are on weekdays if I meet friends. 

My advice: Abs are really made in the kitchen. Learn to watch your diet and try to cook your own meals. It will pay off. 

Totally agree on the last statement

• 3 months later...

1) Watch your Calorie intake.

2) Drink plenty of water. 

3) Cut down on carbohydates like white rice, potato etc... 

4) Almonds (unflavoured) are low in calories and they are rank among the highest-protein nuts. It makes you feel fuller without adding extra calories in your diet. 

On 2 April 2016 at 9:38 PM, caylus said:

Foods that worked for me

1) Green tea

2) grape fruit

5) sweet potatoes

6) couscous

8) boiled eggs

My daily meals

woah shall try this out in the new school year soon

11 hours ago, sgwolfboy said:

woah shall try this out in the new school year soon

Need to get a fridge to store some of these items (if you stay in hall), and takes a while to cook it. If not there are options available to get air frozen food. Just need to microwave it and it will be ready to be served. Lots of healthy options available nowadays.

Edited by xydboy

9 hours ago, xydboy said:

Need to get a fridge to store some of these items (if you stay in hall), and takes a while to cook it. If not there are options available to get air frozen food. Just need to microwave it and it will be ready to be served. Lots of healthy options available nowadays.

hahaha and that's why i have a fridge in hall man :D can finally store my favourite berries for a few days in my room :D 

• 4 months later...

Hey have you ever tried brazil nuts?

When it comes to benefits of this amazing food, we definitely have to recommend its ability to help us lose weight.

I've added it into my cereal and it tasted very good. I've also bring it as a snack so i can cut down my craving for food as its high content of carbs and proteins makes me full.

Oh, I forgot to explain why it helps losing weight. it is because of its richness of fiber. 

Reference: https://wikihomenutrition.com/brazil-nuts-health-benefits

to me, i never use coffee. Maybe because my body is allergic to caffein or something like that. i dont know. Im just afraid of its harmful side effects.

it keeps me awake all day and even midnight, when the metabolism is most powerful, so i can't lose weight

Edited by janeswift
i use the incorrect word

On 11/12/2016 at 11:53 PM, janeswift said:

to me, i never use coffee. Maybe because my body is allergic to caffein or something like that. i dont know. Im just afraid of its harmful side effects.

it keeps me awake all day and even midnight, when the metabolism is most powerful, so i can't lose weight

you dont look fat

also, shouldnt it be when the metabolism is most powerful, you can't gain weight?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.