Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

My Pokemon Go Team AceJ finally break past more than 50 people joining our line group. Its really nice to play this game when we can make more aj friends and go hunting for pokemons together.

3 hours ago, celexter said:

What? But that's what my friends say what we should be doing. Except I only have one phone...

It's really up to Niantic lor. For a while there was no liability but maybe too many pp complain, so they are dealing out a few small penalties, to keep the game fair for everyone. Recalcitrant simultaneous multi-device users may end up with more permanent bans, who knows.

If you're using only one phone, do you realise that newer models e.g. iphone6s can evolve about twice faster than older models? My other phone is a xiaomi, and boy, you can really see the difference!

15 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

My Pokemon Go Team AceJ finally break past more than 50 people joining our line group. Its really nice to play this game when we can make more aj friends and go hunting for pokemons together.

Can I join the group too?

Instagram: vodkabaker

25 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

It's really up to Niantic lor. For a while there was no liability but maybe too many pp complain, so they are dealing out a few small penalties, to keep the game fair for everyone. Recalcitrant simultaneous multi-device users may end up with more permanent bans, who knows.

If you're using only one phone, do you realise that newer models e.g. iphone6s can evolve about twice faster than older models? My other phone is a xiaomi, and boy, you can really see the difference!

I actually have more than one phone; the other being iPhone 4S which can't even load PokeGo. Lol...

1 hour ago, Blacque said:

Can I join the group too?

my line id is yoyowiz message me there for me to add u into my line group

50 minutes ago, celexter said:

Wonder if there is a hidden/secret FB group or something...

My group is line group to talk and hunt together there. No fb group on this though unless u want to help create one lol

1 minute ago, celexter said:

Hello. Messaged you in Line. :)

Invited

On 9/24/2016 at 0:45 PM, Cube3 said:

Only managed to catch one around 500 over CP...thought maybe slowly, buddy it for walks and collect candy, slowly, slowly power up...cuz it's a 'wonder' super-IV lapras! - Is it worth all the effort, powering from 500 over?

Is IV really that important?<_<

100% IV? Anything less than 95% is not worth it

18 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Is everybody inside Instinct? :D

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, curious_boi said:

100% IV? Anything less than 95% is not worth it

I still don't have any >95% IV, only a 93.3% Gyarados, the rest are around 75-90%, even the hatched ones.

Just now at MBS i finally caught my first Lapras. All of the people started sprinting there. I run half way saw Growlithe and quickly catch it with a ultra ball while change to walking fast to catch my breath. After catching Growlithe i continue with the sprinting until reach destination. Waste more than 70 ultra ball and great ball due to many misses  and several break out but finally managed to catch it with a great ball. Come back to MBS aircon area and saw ambulance outside and a bleeding child inside being taken away. First major accident i saw due to Pokemon Go.

Guest Poke Dot

Sometimes you do see the parents more excited to catch the pokemons than looking after their kid/toddler. At CV side more dangerous cos roadside, and some of the drivers are driving while playing.

10 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

I still don't have any >95% IV, only a 93.3% Gyarados, the rest are around 75-90%, even the hatched ones.

Just farm the magikarps. I have 2 100% IV Gyarados and a Vaporean. Eevee and magikarps are common enough for you to strike one. Hmm but anyway, if you are not planning to raid gyms, all these doesnt matter haha

9 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

You guys should go take over a remote gym, like create a level 10 and plant a BW flag on that gym! I'll be so proud, take a photo and commemorate :D

I finally learned it's not too difficult to make a level 10 gym and i really want to make one. But must have 10 accounts present to fill up that level 10 gym.

Yesterday I saw a fully filled level 3 gym. Built it up to level 4, put my snorlax in and built it further to level 5, another Instinct member somehow also put his dragonite in and then I had to catch the last bus home...

The best would be ulu location gym and preferably inactive hours like 3.30am-4.30am. Haha...

Edited by jackrezal

2 hours ago, curious_boi said:

Nope. Its completely random. Equal chance to get different pokemon depending on egg distance type.

Lol. I'm sure many will beg to differ with regards to 2 km eggs at least. More commons than starters hatching from them. 

16 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

You guys should go take over a remote gym, like create a level 10 and plant a BW flag on that gym! I'll be so proud, take a photo and commemorate :D

We are not in the same team in-game though. 

Guest Poke Dot
5 hours ago, curious_boi said:

Just farm the magikarps. I have 2 100% IV Gyarados and a Vaporean. Eevee and magikarps are common enough for you to strike one. Hmm but anyway, if you are not planning to raid gyms, all these doesnt matter haha

I've farmed like 4 Gyarados, too many Eevees to count also.  I'll look for those with high CPs as well as IV but still don't have really good ones to evolve and breed. Don't really whack gyms but thought it'll be good to have some good ones on hand to trade subsequently.

9 hours ago, jackrezal said:

I finally learned it's not too difficult to make a level 10 gym and i really want to make one. But must have 10 accounts present to fill up that level 10 gym.

Yesterday I saw a fully filled level 3 gym. Built it up to level 4, put my snorlax in and built it further to level 5, another Instinct member somehow also put his dragonite in and then I had to catch the last bus home...

The best would be ulu location gym and preferably inactive hours like 3.30am-4.30am. Haha...

I saw 3 Lvl 10 gyms along Upper Changi Road North last week.  All occupied by the same users.  LOL

5 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

I've farmed like 4 Gyarados, too many Eevees to count also.  I'll look for those with high CPs as well as IV but still don't have really good ones to evolve and breed. Don't really whack gyms but thought it'll be good to have some good ones on hand to trade subsequently.

I just park junk pokemons to earn the coins.  Don't whack either.  No time to do so.

11 hours ago, curious_boi said:

Nope. Its completely random. Equal chance to get different pokemon depending on egg distance type.

The more common ones seem to have higher chance of hatching from eggs.
That said, I did get a charmander, 2 squirtles and a pikachu from my 2km eggs.  And rubbish from all my 5km eggs.  My bf did hatch Porygon from one of his 5km though.  I keep getting ducks, pigs, stars and jellyfish.

Today is a sad day.  On my way home finally caught Hitmonlee near a coffeeshop.  14CP.  What a downer  :(

Instagram @the_meowprince

Guest Poke Dot
1 hour ago, MeowPrince said:

The more common ones seem to have higher chance of hatching from eggs.
That said, I did get a charmander, 2 squirtles and a pikachu from my 2km eggs.  And rubbish from all my 5km eggs.  My bf did hatch Porygon from one of his 5km though.  I keep getting ducks, pigs, stars and jellyfish.

Yeah, I'd rather get 2km and of course 10 km eggs, 5km eggs give me rubbish like crabs, sotongs, magnets, and I got a page full of 5km eggs.

2 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

Today is a sad day.  On my way home finally caught Hitmonlee near a coffeeshop.  14CP.  What a downer  :(

Seems like Niantic has adjusted some of the CP/IVs of the wild mons recently, now the Ah Bui caught are quite lousy also.

2 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

Pse don't throw it away! - Was catching up on pokie news, and it seems Pokemon GenII (supposedly to start end this year) will not only intro more pokes, but some can ultra-evolve into new species, while others can have babies. One baby is supposed to be between Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan...so keep it!:lol:

2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Pse don't throw it away! - Was catching up on pokie news, and it seems Pokemon GenII (supposedly to start end this year) will not only intro more pokes, but some can ultra-evolve into new species, while others can have babies. One baby is supposed to be between Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan...so keep it!:lol:

Gen 2 introduces new pokemon, some of which involve existing Gen 1 pokemon.

Baby pokemon include pichu (pikachu), tyrogue (hitmonlee/chan), magby (magmar), smoochum (jynx), etc.

Some Gen 1 pokemon are getting evolutions (minus the word ultra), such as kingdra (seadra), porygon2 (porygon), blissey (chansey), crobat (golbat), scizor (scyther), slowking (slowbro), etc.

Fun fact: Hitmonchan/lee will have a 3rd sibling called Hitmontop. So the baby Tyrogue can evolve into any of the 3.

More information on Gen 2 can be found by googling "National Dex".

Edited by bbboyddd

56 minutes ago, curious_boi said:

I dont think Gen 2 will be out anytime soon despite all the rumors about it. Niantic should fix all the bugs and expand the game depth before releasing gen 2

7 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Think Gen2 will be out soon? The legendaries not even out yet, many probably haven't even complete the pokedex.

Maybe Christmas present for us.

4 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

About to hit level 28. Heard that from then it doesn't make sense to level up by evolving during Lucky Egg anymore. Strategy is supposed to be hatch as many eggs as possible during Lucky Egg? ...What's that about?

Where you read this? But really how many eggs can you hatch in 30 minutes... I still use my lucky egg when evolving because I can't think of anything else that i can do in half hour that gives me as good exp.

Any Instinct gym battlers? I stay in yishun but willing to travel by public transport to anywhere in Singapore. So itchy to make level 10 gym. :D

When u do lucky egg evolution, cut short the animation by killing and relaunching app each time u hit evolve button. I managed to evolve 90++ Pokemon within 30min with my fat fingers :). But do it with strong connection, i.e. Wifi. The experience gained is still significant even when u hit lvl 28. 

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

1 hour ago, Coolbriz said:

Nest positions changed again.. 

Yah, they changed yesterday.

Below taken from Reddit:

A small compilation of a few nests:

Abra nest, Gardens By The Bay East

Charmander nest, Ang Mo Kio Town Garden East

Charmander nest, Changi Beach Park

Charmander nest, East Coast Park (Zone G)

Clefairy nest, Botanic Gardens

Clefairy nest, Bukit Gombak

Clefairy nest, Cashew

Clefairy nest, Farrer Road

Cubone nest, Labrador Park

Diglett nest, Fort Canning Park

Diglett nest, Woodlands Square

Doduo nest, Pasir Ris Park

Drowzee nest, Mandai Tekong Park (Woodlands)

Electabuzz nest, Changi Business Park

Electabuzz nest, Faber Park

Electabuzz nest, Pasir Ris Park West

Jynx nest, AMK Ave 3 Park

Jynx nest, Bukit Gombak Stadium (TBC)

Jynx nest, Esplanade Theatres (TBC)

Jynx nest, Changi Coast Road

Jynx nest, Siglap Park

Jynx nest, Toa Payoh Park

Kabuto nest, East Coast Park 

Kabuto nest, Punggol Waterway

Kabuto nest, Tanah Merah Country Club

Mankey nest, Marsiling Apartments

Mankey nest, Siloso Beach (TBC)

Magmar nest, Hougang Stadium

Magmar nest, Pearl's Hill City Park

Magmar nest, Yishun Neighbourhood Park (St 72)

Meowth nest, RWS Sentosa

Meowth nest, Woodlands Waterfront

Omanyte nest, Jalan Chempaka Kuning Playground

Omanyte nest, Tanah Merah Playground

Onix nest, Choa Chu Kang Mega Park

Onix nest, Dhoby Ghaut

Onix nest, King Albert Park

Pikachu nest, Sembawang (TBC)

Pikachu nest, Marine Parade

Pikachu nest, Macritchie Reservoir Park

Ponyta nest, Changi Village

Ponyta nest, Istana (restricted area)

Sandshrew nest, East Coast Park Zone F

Sandshrew nest, Jurong West Park

Sandshrew nest, Punggol Park

Scyther nest, Bukit Batok Nature Park

Vulpix nest, East Coast Park

Vulpix nest, Jurong Lake Park

Vulpix nest, Tanjong Rhu Promenade

I caught my Lapras at MBS ( near the water fountain) where they have the laser show after 8pm last week.

I caught my Chancey at Gardens By the Bay last week as well. 

MBS is a nests of Magikarps and Slowpoke.

Across from MBS, the park opposite the SAIL Condo used to be a Chamander nests but there was none when I visited this park on Monday night.

I am surprise there are still so many people playing this GAME in Singapore , the excitement has worn off in Kuala Lumpur.

I was there last weekend and not many were catching at KLCC park.

Edited by inbody123

7 minutes ago, hairy springroll said:

Where's  lapras new nest

Still waiting  for  my 1st catch lol

I believe there won't be nests for the non-evolving types like lapras, chancey and snorlax. You can read geek.sg where the guy has plotted the appearances of Pokemons and where to camp to find them. So far I've seen lapras appear time and again at mbs, east coast park, sembawang, sentosa, changi village, punggol and woodlands. I myself only caught 1 lapras and it was last Sunday 10.30+pm at mbs.

3 minutes ago, jackrezal said:

I believe there won't be nests for the non-evolving types like lapras, chancey and snorlax. You can read geek.sg where the guy has plotted the appearances of Pokemons and where to camp to find them. So far I've seen lapras appear time and again at mbs, east coast park, sembawang, sentosa, changi village, punggol and woodlands. I myself only caught 1 lapras and it was last Sunday 10.30+pm at mbs.

Thanks for  infos

I was there too

Mine ran off after 1 attempt only

Very sad

29 minutes ago, hairy springroll said:

10 minutes ago, hairy springroll said:

Thanks for  infos

I was there too

Mine ran off after 1 attempt only

Very sad

Try and try and try again. That's the nature of the game so far. I've seen people with 30 snorlax and 15 dragonite because the past few weeks the spawns have been nearby their homes. Good for them. I'll just make do with what I can get, running around mbs and esplanade for dratini. Also now with the shift in the nests, shall go hunt at ECP to get my gold Fire and Rock badge.

6 minutes ago, jackrezal said:

Try and try and try again. That's the nature of the game so far. I've seen people with 30 snorlax and 15 dragonite because the past few weeks the spawns have been nearby their homes. Good for them. I'll just make do with what I can get, running around mbs and esplanade for dratini. Also now with the shift in the nests, shall go hunt at ECP to get my gold Fire and Rock badge.

Yes I. Will keep.trying 

Gd luck to.yours too

Guest Poke Dot
24 minutes ago, jackrezal said:

shall go hunt at ECP to get my gold Fire and Rock badge.

If going to Cha Cha's nest, best if you drive. Reach there best to have cycle, otherwise quite a bit of a walk. The Cha Chas look close on the map but need to walk a fair bit, plus there are buildings between the two path so sometimes have to walk one big round.

I damn suay, Cha Chas took a break when I reached there so I walked away nearer to the lagoon side, then Hitmonchan spawned all the way back there, a bit later Ah Bui and then Porygon. Missed them all.