Male HQ

SkillsFuture Credit

lovehandle

Saw some of you discussed about the headline (like @cycle25) might as well set up a thread to discuss

I started using mine all in march, wow, created  a list of courses line up from bakery to my profession....

Disappointingly many refuse to use it and refute me that why the rush?
while there is no expiry date, it doesn't mean govt will not claw it back after 3 yrs (if under utilised) and also

many of the trainees feedbacked that the credits NOT enough, some courses are ex and not WDA-linked/wsq, hence costs more than 500sgd, their credits are all used by end Jan 2016

For those who are no hurry in using and do NOT bother, pls donate it to us instead!

jobless

cycle25 replied to Gandgolas's topic in Members' Lounge

There's skillsfuture credits now which is an option for filling in time.   Each person gets $500 apparently and I saw some courses that go for under $30

Please make good use of it some of the WDA-WSQ courses allowed you to (eg after attending 3-4 modules), you can achieve a professional cert in floristy etc and you will get S$200 as a reward, so pls really use the credits to upgrade yourself or to do a mid-career change

Pick what you want: from F&B (industries that most sporeans shunned?!) to...
http://www.wda.gov.sg/content/wdawebsite/L101-ForIndividuals/L201-012WSQforIndividuals.html

http://www.wda.gov.sg/content/wdawebsite/L204-CourseDirectory.html

I think its also about finding time and courses that suit you.

Sure a lot may cost more than $500, but if you are keen and do a thorough search, can find some for the lower limits too.

Personally I've got a lot on my plate right now between IPT, learning driving and my work... So finding time is a bit challenging.

7 hours ago, onlylonely said:

U would have dept trg budget for ur current field of work. Siggest that you use the $500 SF credits for something you have been wanting to learn

I agree with you. I will probably go for some courses that will help me to get a job if I ever going to need one some day. 

any lobang for baking ?

go to the web pages..super confusing like create for many people but with restriction term and conditons....the website is so unfriendly reading.

is that any apk,just click and direct to our needs

Edited by Guest

20 hours ago, Diamond said:

any lobang for baking ?

go to the web pages..super confusing like create for many people but with restriction term and conditons....the website is so unfriendly reading.

Here comes the expert!
Yes the website is hard to read and ultra mega unfriendly esp if you have a query and most of the time, u r able to search for the training provider!!!!!!!!!

Most of the baking classes are not skillsfuture credit usable
Most CC /PA course on bakery are not full fledged , may not be fully hands-on

and most of the wsq (heavily sponsored) courses are usually those certificate courses leading to a cooking/baking career type

Anyway, enjoy surfing and baking:-

so  u r left with not much choice http://www.aci.edu.sg/1-day-non-wsq-courses

Edited by lovehandle

Quote and unquote for those  who assumed that there is no hurry to use up their credits

"The government will make periodic top-ups to Singaporean’s SkillsFuture Credit accounts.

Warmest regards,

Nur Jannah

Nur Jannah Amran (Ms) | Executive Claims Officer | Singapore Workforce Development Agency  | SkillsFuture Credit Division | Tel: 6812 2105 | Connect with us at www.facebook.com/WDASingapore"

On ‎20‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:51 AM, Diamond said:

any lobang for baking ?

Latest decorating courses from famous B-I-Y

http://www.b-i-y.com/b-i-y-course-centre/classes-eligible-for-skills-future-credit.html

(but no baking in such classes)

as I have mentioned , very limited!

Guest Sport-coholic
On 22/03/2016 at 4:15 PM, lovehandle said:

As I inch towards the big 4-0, I'm getting worried also.

Quoting from the report: "At this age, and with many years of experience, some firms may say that we are overqualified for the job," she said. "We are open to lower salaries, but are companies willing to give us a chance?"

We are always told to upgrade our skills, blah, blah, blah...but no matter what you do, I feel it's the age that employers will look at.

8 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Quoting from the report: "At this age, and with many years of experience, some firms may say that we are overqualified for the job," she said. "We are open to lower salaries, but are companies willing to give us a chance?"

We are always told to upgrade our skills, blah, blah, blah...but no matter what you do, I feel it's the age that employers will look at.

True!

Many clowns assumed that by lowering ourselves by taking an assistant or junior role will do, but no1 will hire a mid-mgt person for a low pay because later, they will job-hop when opportunity arise............

Upgrade takes sometimes to complete, it took me a while just to complete a simple certificate, not to mention something higher........

(some courses are not cheap but good that they might topup)
When govt means upgrade it includes a total switch eg in the past you r doing Admin but now u r thinking of F&B too

8 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Sadly, it is already happening to a number of execs. The hotel that I am at kept having tons of resumes from those in banking and financial sectors, heard the same goes for other hotels as well. Only issue is they have forgotten that the reason why the hotel industry have so few locals is that the pay is peanuts and you can't expect to be a supervisor or manager of a front office with no prior experience.(many cvs' expected salaries were placed at $3000 above, even for fresh graduates)In case you're wondering, front office agent pay ranges from $1600 ~ $2000 in the market, while duty manager ranged from $2600~$3000.  Those that we have had accepted in the end quit (and who did not minded the many times paycut)within months as the service industry is very different from what they had anticipated. It's never easy facing guests, especially if you're in a 5 star hotel. 

The credits i rather use to pick up skills that value add and is beneficial long term like programming skills or maybe sommelier certificate from @Sunrice Academy, etc

Edited by archdraong

16 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Someone brought up that the SKILLFUTURE website is user-unfriendly. I totally agree with him.

Too much info and quite badly organized, thus making it very intimating and easily put someone off.

Yes, you are right!

You  must have a hard time trying to pick a course right?

Edited by lovehandle

9 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Yes, you are right!

You  must have a hard time trying to pick a course right?

Click here click there until I lost Liao. 

Then the procedure of how one can choose a course and the payment method is also very confusing. Too much words!!! Old ppl cannot read so much without falling asleep, you know. Aiyoh. 

Edited by bluerunner

Kekekeke

u cant b older than me bah?

but u highlighted a valid point, many uncles and grandma were asked to pickup a language or some courses by PA

i wonder how much they must suffer... In fact i wrote in to the dept to change or better their system!!!!!

(hence u can see some of their replies abv- but i doubt they can change it so soon)

Tips-

for payment: usu click 

payment to vendor/trainer (for most of the time)

u will only click payment to u when u first forkout payment to the training vendor

• HendryTan changed the title to SkillsFuture Credit
8 hours ago, Since u r here said:

those by PA likely are NOT fully handson and furthermore, it is all snatched up by aunties and hsewives very fast
The trainer tend to converse in mandarin instead

Could u list some here?

I understand that they aren't fully hands on and some are conducted in Mandarin.

However, it still does sound interesting as basic as it may be.

Variety Baking for Adults  

Description: Whether you are a busy executive or a homemaker, you will pick up the basics of convenient baking and learn to make a variety of easy-to-prepare item 

Can't seem to get the others to load at the moment.

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-on-the-web/make-filing-skillsfuture-claims-easier-for-non-tech-savvy-people

Goodness! he suggested using old method of snail mail for submission!!! Those who r less tech-savvy should approach the CC/ PA etc for help instead

The system should be improved to be even more user-friendly instead and allows a "save" function for submission

Edited by lovehandle

If u followed chnewasia fb before leading to this page: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/ict-f-b-courses-popular/2681010.html

Someone shared that those over-educated (I presumed with degree and above) will not find the credits too useful

as the news reported, it is the basic ict and F&b courses that r popular, we can more or less guess who are the ones who need such basic courses

Noteworthy that the Government is expected to set aside $1 b for the SkillsFuture Credit

http://business.asiaone.com/news/training-providers-expect-higher-demand-courses

go and spend NOW!

For those who is having some issues submitting claim, or have qns in mind

Though I m not fr WDA,  hope this will help to answer your queries
http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit/help

Those
who generally ok / IT savvy shdnt have issues

but the website indeed sucks/lousy interface, lousy search functions etc

Edited by lovehandle

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, they made it so simple by saying "pick a new skill" to join a new industry and your retrenchment/unemployment issues will be easily solved!

http://momsingapore.blogspot.sg/2016/04/5-things-to-do-if-youve-lost-your-job.html

5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Diamond,
managed to go for any interesting baking courses? esp those recommended by lovehandle? How is it?

nae///... the fucking  website after so many complaint...also dun bother to amend.

i m trying to write in to media cock for script writing...sick of the style hope to inject new blood likeme....copy some blowing stories into their script.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2016 at 7:46 PM, Diamond said:

nae///... the fucking  website after so many complaint...also dun bother to amend.

i m trying to write in to media cock for script writing...sick of the style hope to inject new blood likeme....copy some blowing stories into their script.

How to? If the people in charge are not creative, media-oriented people, if objective is not to blow audience's minds...waste of effort!:frustrated:

10 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

How to? If the people in charge are not creative, media-oriented people, if objective is not to blow audience's minds...waste of effort!:frustrated:

i write in ...but ask me to pay for course fee.

Guest Sport-coholic
1 hour ago, Diamond said:

They see no future in Singapore media industry hence not subsidising. ;)

Edited by Sport-coholic

3 hours ago, KittensandBjorn said:

First successful claim!

13063409_10208799462722351_8091241678377858594_o.jpg

Oooh that looks like an interesting course. Sounds like a Ministry of Foreign Affairs kind of subject. I'm going to do either a Japanese language course or a Teaching English as a Foreign Language course.

6 hours ago, Diamond said:

Yes, cuz their purpose is not to source for talent and produce quality shows, but to make $$$...even out of young scriptwriters trying to hone their craft. - Can SkillsFuture Credits be used for the course?