Male HQ

Should I continue with him?

Follow your heart, if you are meant to be with him, will be back together even after break up.

if not meant to be together, will break up even after 10 or more years.

I really understand how you feel after 3 failed relationships. It is painful but 长痛不如短痛.

Best wishes.

To me, he is my actual true love. 

I know things won't changed.  

After watching long long time ago 2 with him last night, I.casually asked how he.find the movie.  He gave me a blank template answer " don't always ask me how I feel about things "

Well, I'm used to be treated like that.

Some people rally to ask.me to wake.up.   some said I deserve this treatment because I allow that to happen.

If there is one more.major.episode, I think I will grit my teeth and end this suffering. 

I.know I will be single again.  I know.I.will miss him and worry what is he.doing.  此刻他在哪里?

He.comes from a pitiful family when one of his.parents left him when he was a toddler and he lost one of.his parent to sickness. 

He is not exactly good looking.  But I still hold on now because 我是真的付出我的爱

looks isnt got anything to do with it here. its the character.

well i do pity his lost, but that doesnt give him any reason to treat you like that. in fact i would believe that since he lost his parents early, he would want to cherish the opportunity to be loved more than others

From your story, my perspective is that he does not care at all about your feelings nor does he respect you much. He takes things for granted as he knows that he can behave like this and get away with it as you will most likely not retaliate. Having being in a relationship for 5 years, and yet he still treats you in such a rude manner is a sign that this relationship is toxic.

You seem like a nice guy. Perhaps you might want to try and talk things out seriously with him. However, I believe almost everyone here has agreed on the same thing. If he doesn’t change for the better, it’s best for you to end the relationship, and end your misery.

Edited by Derrick8

PictureHouse, only you can understand your situation best.

However, since you’re choosing to share about it here, doesn’t that mean you’re at a breaking point? Right now you seem torn. Scared to be alone, also unhappy being with him. It’s not healthy for either of you. We don’t know his side of the story, but maybe he also doesn’t know yours. Easy for us to say, but you should talk it out. Then decide what you want to do. 5 yrs is a long time, yes. But do you want to spend another 5 yrs in the same state?

All the best.

You may help him and tell him to cope together. So that you can move on together with him. If he really likes you he will really appreciate you.

If he doesn't treat you the way you should deserve or keep delaying you, then you better wake up and find a better one. 

He maybe is not ready or the worst case is he is looking for a better guy than you.

Smiling and Laughing will cure the sadness   :wub::D  :wub:

Guest passerby

Ts,

1. Can let us know how u get into relationship with him? Without knowing this, we couldn't tell u what u love about him.....and why?

2. 5 yrs ago, u were 32 and he was 24, you should have been more experience and knowledge about relationship? What made u commit to it? Love, lust, look and etc?

3. Couple goes through thick and thin. Like your case, I am sure u know what matters to him in this RS.  Can u tell him or do it in a way that u can't give that to him anymore? If he is getting allowance from you, u tell him u r going to be tight in next few months. See his response. If he ask u questions about works, u return the same flavour like: ' why u don't know? Thought u r very smart'..... Let him and you see more thoroughly about one another.

Regardless of a persins damily background, he is capable of love.

FACT, he doesnt love u as much as u love him

FACT, he probably doesnt even love you at all.

When u love somebody, u wanna ensure they are ok, at ease.

Uve been doing all that, all this time...

He, on the other end, has shut u off. There is no love here, buddy. Move on.

Stop finding excuses for him. Stop giving him tt one more chance. U know ure holding out to something tt will come to naught.

What you think u have is love. What u lack is self love.

Until u value urself, everybody will walk over u like a piece of crap.

To sum up what everyone has been saying:

Your bf's behaviour is unacceptable. He behaves like a jerk towards you. Bad behaviour should never be tolerated, especially when he is an adult. 

He has an addiction towards his mobile. Like many of his generation. They are glued to the screen, and lack social skills. A suggestion is to that when you are together, have a time out. Meaning, no mobile, or anything for the next 2 hours you are together. He can check when he goes to the bathroom. The world is not going to end just because he is offline. 

You need to love yourself. You cannot truly love another person until you can love yourself. It is hard. It may sound completely selfish. But it is not once you get it that without love for yourself, you cannot bring that inner love out. Putting up with your bf's behaviour is only enabling him to be an asshole and it is making you miserable. He may not change, but you can. Change yourself and your situation. Take responsibility for your life now. Do what you need to be happy.

Quit whining.

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

it wasn't lust. 

I was single.  He was too. 

We met each other in zouk ( mambo jambo night )

That started everything.

He is a.good person. 

One.thing for sure:  he is not a bad person. 

Nope, he is.not getting allowance from me.

He earns his own keep.. 

Sometimes, I.enjoy a chat to update him of my day's work. He.would be quite Sian to hear .

Well, he.doesn't wanna share his.with me unless he got some unhappy episodes to bottle out to me.

Actually, I'm praying that he will one day realise.  Stop being hot temper and learn to love me more. 

Sometimes,  I will tell.him about guys looking at me.   ( only sometimes la ).  He will laugh out Loud and said really meh? 

I luv this guy.  Even though he hurts me and made me teared,  I.still love him.

I'm stupid right.

One thing: I always like to take selfie photos with me.   He doesn't really enjoy it. 

Therefore,  my instaggram are all my own pics.  Hurhur 

I think the most important element in any relationship is communication. With that, emotions as well as expectations can better be made.

It seems like TS is "too afraid" to lose his bf that he doesn't want to rock the boat too much.

If it (the relationship) is spoilt, there's only 2 avenues:

1) mend it. Communicate, not only talk. Talk is cheap, make your thoughts known (both yours and his).

2) abandon it. (I won't recommend this too hastily though)

No 2 relationships are the same, so do what you can, but do take care of your interests too. Is he giving you what you yearn from a relationship? If not, is he able to provide you with what you yearn from a relationship in future?

What are the goals you share, and the principles you guys uphold in this relationship? There's a lot of ground to cover and if these were not established, I would say the foundation made over the past 5 years may be a mere scratching of surface.

p.s. I hope you find love back in your life.

You guys know me so well whust within this two days of sharings. 

Yes, I have spoken many times for.him not to.keep gluing himself.to phones and neglecting me. 

He doesn't like people to tell him what he can do and what he shouldn't. 

He will snapped back.  

After those few times, I will no linger dare to ask.him to keep his mobile because that will result in unhappy words like " u don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do... "

23 minutes ago, PictureHouse said:

You guys know me so well whust within this two days of sharings. 

Yes, I have spoken many times for.him not to.keep gluing himself.to phones and neglecting me. 

He doesn't like people to tell him what he can do and what he shouldn't. 

He will snapped back.  

After those few times, I will no linger dare to ask.him to keep his mobile because that will result in unhappy words like " u don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do... "

Why are you afraid of asking him? Snap then snap back lor. Momentarily check his mobile phone is fine anyway. 

Set both of your expectations at a midpoint somewhere.

Some families are glued to the phone 24/7, and I'm not encouraging you to accept this if you are not ready.

Tip: Try sending him a text when he's at it. 

Think fun, not agressive sometimes. 

Guest Achilles

His ways of interacting with you mean something. To put it plainly, you or your behavior does NOT attract him. 

Sometimes, no matter how much you love him, you need some strategies. You might not like the word "strategy" to be used in your love life, but how about some "caring behaviors" to ATTRACT him?

You can try to change your behavior now while maintaining the relationship, first, take charge of your own life, live as great and independent as you can, focus on your own happiness (Note: sometimes the attention you give unreservedly to other party can be perceived as burden, especially the attention is not what he wants, in actual fact, he DOES NOT want your attention, and that is clear), second, he wants someone more manly, don't ask some questions about feelings like a girl, don't even ask for helps if possible.

By changing your behavior, take note what is working, and what is not. Do more on those that are working, refrain yourself from doing things he hates. 

You want to attract him, NOT give him some psychological burden about how much you love him, all the good things you have done for him, and all the years you have wasted on him, all these behaviors will PUSH him AWAY.

Be independent, be cheerful.

Attract him.

Try and see. 

the fact that you are typing here, or have already typed here, means that you have thought of leaving him.

what do you really love about him?

or you cant let go of the memories with him?

dun let memories or moments blur your vision or judgement.

people do change.

if you cant let go of those memories, you are not letting new ones enter.

are you scared that, if you leave him, you might not be able to find someone easily cos you are old already?

if it is physical or looks issue, then do something about it.

there are many 40 plus or even reaching 50 gays out there, looking pretty good.

are you going to spend your whole life thinking for others and not for yourself?

you are clearly not happy.

pls do yourself a favour and let the next half of 2016 be a better one.

no offence but clearly, this person is not right for you.

have you thought that maybe, someone around your age or older one might be more suitable?

even if it is younger, this person is not right.

you can continue to be friends but maybe not suited to be lovers.

l say let it go bro. dun cling on to memories.

be sad for awhile then move on and find someone that deserve your love and concern.

Picturehouse, as Elsa says in Frozen, let it go  : )

That boy's just making use of you. If he were my office colleague or classmate and he behaved like that, or if I see him treating people that way, I will quietly move away from him and maintain a distance from him, let alone allow him to be my boyfriend.

As many others have rightly commented, he is making use of you, not respecting you, and his toxicity is slowly draining you. Don't worry about what will happen to him if you leave him. He seems financially independent enough. He definitely won't starve.

I know it will be very painful at first, but time will heal, as someone here also said. And I know that often, people prefer to have a lousy partner than be single. That's also the reason why many straight girls tolerate a bad boyfriend rather than risk being single and alone.

But the sun will rise, and you will breathe and live and sleep better without that guy treating you like dirt all the time.

Take care & good luck!

I think u need to learn to love yourself first, as mentioned few times above. Only when you learn to love yourself first, then you will know how to love people around u.

when he is away, you have nothing else to do but roaming aimlessly at the shopping mall?? Try to pick up a hobby that allows you to spend meaningful time alone.

you also need to be more self confident and less needy. I agree with him that you shouldn't control him by dictating what he should or shouldn't do.

have less expectation on how he should or shouldn't behave as your BF. Stop comparing him with other couples. While he is not right to be rude, but did you reflect on your behavior whether is it because you are too naggy at times??

he might be younger than you, but he could be more independent (travel alone) and self sufficient compared to u?

both of you have different characters. You like to talk he tends to be more reserved.   There is no one right way to express love. People express love differently.

stop kidding yourself..love expects nothing in return.

on the other hand, his behavior towards you could be due to his experience with his family. He doesn't know how to express love, or the fear of being close to someone he loves makes him feel vulnerable. How he react to u could be an unconscious self defense mechanism.

Guest Onlooker

This is死纏爛打。 But I can understand why TS still hold onto his bf. He wanted his bf so much that he tolerated the abuses.

This is very similar to what we commonly see in the saunas. A chasing B but B not interested in A. A is thick-skinned to try to touch B and gets scolded by B. B is not good looking but he still hoped to hook a better fish.

Eventually near closing time, B failed to get he wanted too. So he fucked A in the mouth at the dim corridor, at least he gets to release his load. But he treated A like shit, refusing to touch A or even let A hug him.

A wanted to be more intimate but each time he tried to kiss or hug B, B will push his hands away and shows him a disgusted look. Those people nearby will shake their heads why A accepts this kind of humiliating abuse in public.

But to A, at least he got sex with B. He even thinks he's lucky to finally get B. Doesn't this seem familiar?

Guest Guest 30s

Pardon me for the set of interrogations, but probably this will help you set out a direction to what he really seeks in you.  You don't have to answer here, but be honest with yourself when you do some self reflection. Over your past 5 years:

Basically you have been abused emotionally so badly, perhaps you might need to honestly reflect if he is also abusing you financially. To you, he might not be fully living off you, but these shallow questions above could pretty much determine whether your judgments have been fully blinded by your own emotions.

Since he likes to travel so much: 

1. Did you pay for him for all, if not most of the travel tickets since he purposely choose to transit and earn points?

2. Did both of you take economic class or business class?

3. On his own travels, did he fly on his own using all the points you have "given" in to him?

4. Who paid for expenses and accommodations overseas when both of you travel together?

On your personal self, 

5. Do you considered yourself or your family background rather well off?

6. Does he stay with you? if so, does he pay you for the rental?

On him,

7. When you guys dine together, how often does he pay for you?

8. How often does he volunteer to pay for any expenses (movies, F&B, groceries, etc) for you?

9. How many times did he even get you a gift?

10. How often did he even buy dinner for you without you asking (especially when your work ends late)?

I have seen that you have repeatedly emphatizing his poor family background, i'm worried for you.  A person can come from a poor family financially, but that doesn't set him to be poor in emotionally, and even basic respect for a partner. Either he's not ready for a relationship, or he doesn't have strong connections for you.

5 years has gone, if you have touched him, he would have changed instead of taking you even more for granted as time goes by. 

You are 37 now, in a few years time, you will be 40. If you can't love and protect yourself right now, how else can you truly love, or be loved by someone else? 

P.S.: I did same thing when in my uni days, feeding my "true love i thought" throughout the 4 years of my uni life. Similarly, he has a poor family background with divorcing parents. I thought "love" could mould a person's personality flaws, but if he is not willing to change for me, he won't. The rest of the scenario and conflicts were similar to what you have described. That was me back in my 20s, I forgave myself. You're close to 40 now, time is precious. Someone else might have been waiting for you. 

I personally feel your BF loves u tho... Maybe he is an introvert and he only shows his true emotions to someone who is close to him. sometimes he just needs to unleash all his bad feelings, and u are the person who need to take those. that's why i feel i can understand why u say u fear he cannot be w/o u.

really sorry to say that, but i think yall two are not suitable to each other, he needs someone to unleash all the bad emotions, but you are just too sensitive to take all those. so you are hurt by his words. i think it will be better to take a break, maybe he can understand how much he needs u and he will treat u in a better way:)

6 hours ago, Guest Guest 30s said:

CAN u dot be so fan。 ask me all these questions?

Yeah, yeah, ure the worlds best boyfriend.

Dont pretend. You know u just WANT me to say u r good!

Well, tts what the bf wd say 

But TS wd get past all tt, because the bf actually does love him. Yeah.. sure.

I pity TS because at age 37 it's difficult for him to find someone unless he still looks young and cute. But yet he's trapped in a toxic relationship. To leave or not to leave ... Big dilemma.

Hmmz... I am somewhat like TS bf... but  I still feel alot for my bf.. I kinda take him for granted and have lesser patience after all this yrs but I would nv try to change him or deny him from his necessary privilege (burping, farting, going to the toilet to pee)... hehehe... anyways, I know it's hard but TS will have to learn to let go since u are still under 40s. U do deserve to love and be loved like everyone else. Even if cannot be in a relationship maybe he is better of as just a friend where u see once in a while. 

Don't be drama mama lah hor, come in here seek advice and when majority gives u the ultimate answer u canot accept.. then don't ask lor and don't waste people time. U think what, free consultation meh or trying to find people in the same situation as you so u can console yourself that you are not the only one that has a fucked up bf. Kana bo liao... the sea soo big, soo many fish.. yet u choose to stick to one... the forest soo huge yet u still choose to harvest from the same fruitless tree.. 

37 yo men can still be hot.

Look at 38 yo julian n 36 yo elvin. Still so desirable.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

8 minutes ago, fab said:

But not everyone is Julian or Elvin. Even some fifties guys can look hot so it's not your age but how well u maintain. Some late twenties guys already look like uncle with bad skin and crow feet around the eyes.

37 minutes ago, Guest said:

But not everyone is Julian or Elvin. Even some fifties guys can look hot so it's not your age but how well u maintain. Some late twenties guys already look like uncle with bad skin and crow feet around the eyes.

well say....go to sauna can see plenty of wear and tears below 40 too.

some forumer alway say so many uncle go 10men,shogun blah blah...sometime i wonder under the dim light it could be also those under 40 there. lol

i ever encounter a 60 plus old man ...by age is 60 plus but his physical stamina and smooth skin...beyond his age.

ps : i meet several too..not one and only....i swear, confirm and double chop too

for TS advice ;

life is short

if you feel - not happy then let it go

if you think still love him - let him go and continue to love as a best friends

You only live once....

U deserve to be happy, we can't plan your future, you feel your own emotion, passion and anger pain - so be nice to yourself.

it will be painful to be seperate - for early initial period only

as time go by - u heal and find another love - as the old saying No pain No gain.

pain is part of growing up.

50 minutes ago, fab said:

wait till u see 50 plus lagi hot.....

aron kwok 

those like julian or elvin age group - blink blink only.

let me explain why -

during my last clubbing scene, witness alot of drug abuse - their facial really wear up, body chest is gym by product under the dim light, body stamina is out when drug wear out.

ps : i dun get it ..being gay must associate with drug meh ?

a friend of mine, over dose of popper and burn his nose and throat...over excite with improper movement.

another demise friend over dose as another form of heart failure (lie to his parent for the sake of their face value)

now most of my gay friend die young and fast....sign 

6 minutes ago, Diamond said:

well say....go to sauna can see plenty of wear and tears below 40 too.

some forumer alway say so many uncle go 10men,shogun blah blah...sometime i wonder under the dim light it could be also those under 40 there. lol

i ever encounter a 60 plus old man ...by age is 60 plus but his physical stamina and smooth skin...beyond his age.

ps : i meet several too..not one and only....i swear, confirm and double chop too

I notice people with pure and kind heart usually look young like angels.

There is a Chinese saying that your looks reflect your heart.

You look old and jaded if you think too much.

thats why some people just put you off even first time you see them. There is something in their look that tell you they have a dark and complicated heart.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:31 AM, PictureHouse said:

We have been together for 5 years.

I was the one who went after him. Initially,  he wasn't keen in me and I guess it was my perseverance that touched him.

Well, I'm older than him by 8 years.

He loves to travel and often leaves the.country more than 6 times a year for holiday. The strangest thing is he seems to.enjoy taking.planes and even does transits on purpose just to earn miles? 

Tonight, we bickered again. 

Earlier today, we went to buffet Nd I peeled prawns for both of us.

Whilst we still.have unshelled prawns, he insisted I wash my hands at the toilet after each round.

Does he.even think.of me?

When I reasoned with him, he will crudely brush me aside and accused me of accrediting myself with the good deeds I've done for him.

He always feel that I am not good looking and no to his liking.

All gays are into looks, is this something new? - to start with

If he is not your liking, why is he with you for these while??????????????????????For those who tagged to youths (8yrs younger or abt there)

U must know their styles: they luv to tour

as an uncle , I luv too
and while it s a bit stooopid of him to incur mileage using transits, it is still better than those who vying for PURELY budget airlines for EVERY trips

Wanting u to wash your hands all the time is correct and proper procedure,  I see no wrong at all, and I noticed older pp is EXTREMELY lazy in washing hands

On 03/04/2016 at 5:51 AM, PictureHouse said:

After watching long long time ago 2 with him last night, I.casually asked how he.find the movie.  He gave me a blank template answer " don't always ask me how I feel about things "

Some people rally to ask.me to wake.up.   some said I deserve this treatment because I allow that to happen.

If there is one more.major.episode, I think I will grit my teeth and end this suffering. 

I.know I will be single again.  I know.I.will miss him and worry what is he.doing.  此刻他在哪里?

He.comes from a pitiful family when one of his.parents left him when he was a toddler and he lost one of.his parent to sickness. 

well, like i think about it....sometime people try to play hard to get and means...so that you may appreciate him more...

cruel ideas...but do exist in everyone concept.

Once upon a time, a not so good looking middle age uncle allow a young malaysian to stay with him on the pretext he will fall in love with him.

As day go by, his boy is using him for free lodging, food and others exclude sexual act.

Now the wakeup call, he ask him to move out ....the boy willing to offer 69 but not anal sex in order to stay on.

I have a good laugh about the naive uncle naive dream....true pure love.

We already advice him before he start with this 18yr old boy saga...now he cry for our sympathy.

27 minutes ago, Diamond said:

well, like i think about it....sometime people try to play hard to get and means...so that you may appreciate him more...

cruel ideas...but do exist in everyone concept.

Once upon a time, a not so good looking middle age uncle allow a young malaysian to stay with him on the pretext he will fall in love with him.

As day go by, his boy is using him for free lodging, food and others exclude sexual act.

Now the wakeup call, he ask him to move out ....the boy willing to offer 69 but not anal sex in order to stay on.

I have a good laugh about the naive uncle naive dream....true pure love.

We already advice him before he start with this 18yr old boy saga...now he cry for our sympathy.

I agree with diamond, we need to look at ourselves first

but diamond, there are many smart alecks who will tell  u off : that luv shd nt comes with sex, they can do without anal sex, they even tell me two btms can live happily ever after (later cry when they go Bangkok to have  flings)

6 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

I agree with diamond, we need to look at ourselves first

but diamond, there are many smart alecks who will tell  u off : that luv shd nt comes with sex, they can do without anal sex, they even tell me two btms can live happily ever after (later cry when they go Bangkok to have  flings)

Ts and bf are both btms. Hmm....

3 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

Ts and bf are both btms. Hmm....

I think his bf feel frustrated like those 同妻 in China.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

My partner and I have been together for 10+ years being myself younger by 12 years, if my memory serves me correctly, I initiated first as both were in search of relationship at the time.  My partner is an easy going person but I am the one like to make fuss when something not to my liking or standards such as cleanliness, I often told my partner to wash hands after he touched something as I have germs phobia. Most often he obliged but occasionally he felt annoyed, that's when We bickered but quickly resolved as We realized our differences, strength and weaknesses through understanding as We love each other.

As you have slightly different situation, my advise is find the answer if he loves you as takes two to tango.

Guest -moo-

At first I hate your BF, and now I hate YOU. For fu*k's sake, stop abusing yourself! You are certainly addicted to this kind of sadness. Cut loss now. Dump him before he dumps you.

Guest Music Video Queen
15 hours ago, PictureHouse said:

You're such a drama queen

38 minutes ago, Guest Music Video Queen said:

You're such a drama queen

Wonder how the poor BF is feeling?

dont just listen to a one-sided story.

• Guest locked this topic