Male HQ

Microsoft Surface Pro

• 1 year later...

I was recently given one in the goody bag at an event. I spent about 10 minutes with it. Hardware wise, it is pretty good. But Windows is so confusing to me after decades of not using it. Probably going to use it as a glorified photo frame to play vacation slide shows in the office. 

Love. 

2 minutes ago, doncoin said:

I was recently given one in the goody bag at an event. I spent about 10 minutes with it. Hardware wise, it is pretty good. But Windows is so confusing to me after decades of not using it. Probably going to use it as a glorified photo frame to play vacation slide shows in the office. 

Wow! That's such a luxury. Haha.

Be cool, like a breeze...

8 hours ago, Trico said:

I'm using SP4 and still loving it so far. Been using it for about a year. Only complaint is that the button on the stylus doesn't work (It doesn't impact my work much tho). Other than that, it's the best device I've ever used.

that's good... no intermittent issues like auto sleep etc? heard that's pretty prevalent now

It happened to my friend and his business partner.

They gotten the MS Pro 3 & 4. Of late, the battery on Pro 3 can be drained flat within 20mins. (Fully charged at office and drive home -  battery flat).

Tried charging and it gets very hot. Is like a total dead battery. Happened a couple of times and it was sent in to service centre (extended warranty).

MS got back to them -  motherboard spoilt. Now, the Pro 4 battery also seems to drain off the battery fast, at times.

Just to share, nothing against MS.

2 hours ago, thorzguy said:

It happened to my friend and his business partner.

They gotten the MS Pro 3 & 4. Of late, the battery on Pro 3 can be drained flat within 20mins. (Fully charged at office and drive home -  battery flat).

Tried charging and it gets very hot. Is like a total dead battery. Happened a couple of times and it was sent in to service centre (extended warranty).

MS got back to them -  motherboard spoilt. Now, the Pro 4 battery also seems to drain off the battery fast, at times.

Just to share, nothing against MS.

Yikes thats bad. Also ive learnt about their replacement policy yest. They will just replace with a refurbished set if need be. 

4 hours ago, mrjuicetiger said:

Yikes thats bad. Also ive learnt about their replacement policy yest. They will just replace with a refurbished set if need be. 

Correct. Refurbished set comes with 3 months warranty. They also offered my friend to get the MS Pro 4 at $200 (but much lower specs than his Pro 3).

No doubt it seems like a good deal, but my friend have already gotten a replacement laptop, thus this Pro 3 becomes just a back up.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use sp4 for work. Whenever the pen stops functioning, I would have to unplug the charging cable and wait a bit before trying again. I think the issue is overheating the device. Anyone has the same problem? That said, sp4 is still better than sp3. The pen for sp3 is totally erratic.

Also, navigating windows 10 is a pain. Anywhere I can attend a course on this?

Mac experience is definitely better.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.