Male HQ

Descendants of the Sun

koganei83

3 hours ago, sphere said:

By the way, with such a hit on Descendants of the Sun, is there any new dramas by Song Joong-ki and/or Song Hye-kyo in the near future? Haha.

His next work will be on the big screen for upcoming movie, Battleship Island.

http://www.australianetworknews.com/descendants-sun-star-song-joong-ki-goes-bald-actor-ready-next-film/

But meanwhile he will be making a special appearance on the Chinese version of running man..

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/19/song-joong-ki-to-make-special-guest-appearance-on-chinese-version-of-running-man/

Spotted another loophole in story...remember how the car plunged off the cliff? Down went the couple in the car and her handphone...but the handphone reappears later in the story playing important recordings. If the handphone had been immersed in the seawater, could the recording still have survived?

- Caught this only on second watch... :pimp:

Guest Glyph
2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Spotted another loophole in story...remember how the car plunged off the cliff? Down went the couple in the car and her handphone...but the handphone reappears later in the story playing important recordings. If the handphone had been immersed in the seawater, could the recording still have survived?

- Caught this only on second watch... :pimp:

I'm sure it can, because..

7.gif

Ya...this phone part was discussed in some forums....either it is drama...dont take it too seriously. 

Or some said it is samsung s6...i didnt take note....some test said can survive in water for 20mins....of course depends on impact into water....depth of water n clean or sea water.

2 hours ago, nixorn said:

Ya...this phone part was discussed in some forums....either it is drama...dont take it too seriously. 

Or some said it is samsung s6...i didnt take note....some test said can survive in water for 20mins....of course depends on impact into water....depth of water n clean or sea water.

Wow, this handphone can survive crash into seawater, earthquake, bullet-ridden kidnap...ok la, it's not like it outshines the naked army guys, just that somehow the writers should have resolved it properly in the story...

16 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Wow, this handphone can survive crash into seawater, earthquake, bullet-ridden kidnap...ok la, it's not like it outshines the naked army guys, just that somehow the writers should have resolved it properly in the story...

Please , this is K drama ! Does it need to make any sense for aunties and bimbos to watch ?! 

@blacksilent, thanks for the information eh, appreciate it.

7 hours ago, nixorn said:

5 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Actually, I was thinking - if the scriptwriter (or maybe with the director) could add a few seconds before she started the recording, she could say something like this: "I better save it onto cloud (or online) storage before it is too late...", that should kind of solve the problem? Haha.

Nonetheless, the part when her "last words" were aired around the campus was one of my favourite scenes, a very nice touch that episode, haha.

4 hours ago, Guest said:

Please , this is K drama ! Does it need to make any sense for aunties and bimbos to watch ?! 

Oh come on, the subject of this thread is "Descendants of the Sun", hence there is nothing wrong to discuss/talk about how good/bad the plot was, how handsome/pretty the artists were, how funny/sad the scene was, how innovative/ridiculous the fight was, etc, etc.

If you are not the type to talk about such things, you don't have to click this thread to read, just skip it totally so as not to "waste your time" eh...

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Guest a1beng
10 hours ago, lonely57 said:

anyone here likes the guy playing seo dae young? :o

he is those more average type, and go law by law.. I only like the jacket he was wearing in the 1st episode.. dunno where to get it

Baeksang arts awards just announced nominations. Its like korean golden globes. The 2 "Song" from DOTS are nominated....though i dont see any supporting categories...so pity the rest.

Also in for best drama. And song joong ki's old friend Yoo Ah In also in for 6 flying Dragons.

http://beatuscorner.com/2016-baeksang-awards-nominations-list/

Edited by nixorn

12 hours ago, a1beng said:

he is those more average type, and go law by law.. I only like the jacket he was wearing in the 1st episode.. dunno where to get it

idk.. everyone is like head over heels for joong ki. i think he looks better to me. though joong ki has a cute face.. but its just.. still too "kiddy" to me. =x

Saw these related to Jin Goo...

Another show....with only him.

An ad...only appear at the end...probably won't expect the product...

Song Joong Ki has became another type of captain....pilot type...well, just for an ad. Just one of a number he did recently after DOTS. He got to mention a few cities eg Cebu, Kota Kinabalu etc. Jeju air used Lee Minho as spokesperson in 2014 and Kim Soo Hyun in 2015.

On 5/3/2016 at 9:44 PM, lonely57 said:

idk.. everyone is like head over heels for joong ki. i think he looks better to me. though joong ki has a cute face.. but its just.. still too "kiddy" to me. =x

The moment when he

barged into quarantine ward and shed a single while hugging Myeong Joo cause of the whatever virus

forever cemented his status as best guy in the series for me.

'Once Again' described their r/s so well. *sighs wistfully*

1 hour ago, EasleyLim said:

The moment when he

Hide contents

barged into quarantine ward and shed a single while hugging Myeong Joo cause of the whatever virus

Hey how do you do that Hide contents box on your post? Cool!:)

13 hours ago, EasleyLim said:

The moment when he

Reveal hidden contents

Yes I agree on this one.. So sweet.

About the songs of DOTS....there are versions of other languages (besides korean).....one is Always (chinese version) sang by local singer Kelly and Jeric (read that he's also a singaporean singer/song-writer).

And of course there are covers....one is Everytime by malaysians Justin Ng 吴宗翰 (left) and Jordan.

Edited by nixorn

Guest a1beng
6 hours ago, nixorn said:

About the songs of DOTS....there are versions of other languages (besides korean).....one is Always (chinese version) sang by local singer Kelly and Jeric (read that he's also a singaporean singer/song-writer).

And of course there are covers....one is Everytime by malaysians Justin Ng 吴宗翰 (left) and Jordan.

Dislike kelly poon.. like make use of DOTS to promote herself

• 4 weeks later...

In the recent Baeksang Arts Awards, DOTS got the Grand Prize, not Best Drama....so is this Grand Prize an overall prize or about popularity?

Likewise the 2 Songs didn't win any acting awards but win Most Popular Actor and Actress....expected.

ac99d506-370c-444b-b2e6-a1df8b43fff1.jpg

His good friend Yoo Ah In (for Six flying dragons) won best actor. 

A pic of them when they won Best Couple award many yrs ago for Sungkyunkwan Scandal...the chars weren't gay, just some bromance.

453737.jpg

Recent news was there is an air steward in a china airline 南方航空 that look like Song Joong Ki....esp from the side.

http://news.mydrivers.com/1/485/485367.htm

f679e6c301de452abeb6dd16b7d25741.jpg90fba609961618c0b7fc25.jpg

3591727432478191162.jpg

On 10 May 2016 at 9:21 AM, a1beng said:

Dislike kelly poon.. like make use of DOTS to promote herself

get a grip dude. when PCD launched a new song and JJ Lin modified to his Chinese version, did you also dislike JJ? How about all the successful cover singers in YouTube, did you dislike them too?

• Guest locked this topic