Male HQ

Descendants of the Sun

koganei83

I would be "pulling" in clips i posted in various threads here.....related to Song Joong Ki.

I only noticed him after watching Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010) though he started his career in 2007/8....he had a small role in the gay-themed movie A Frozen Flower....and a few other dramas which i didn't watch.

Really like his bromance with the other supporting actor Yoo Ah-in...the 2 now turns out to be fine actors, winning awards. Totally smitten by his smiles, winks etc.

Old fan-made clip.  Sorry, not HD.

Anyway Yoo Ah-in made a short cameo in this drama ep showing 6 apr in s.korea.

yoo-ah-in-descendants-2.png

Interestingly Song Ji Hyo who's the queen in that Frozen Flower movie....later started with him in Running Man (2010)....but he left after 40+ episodes.

And he kissed her on the cheek in this clip....think their mission was to make her heartbeats go beyond 130. Jump to 2min50.

Edited by nixorn

Read a few weeks ago that the initial script of Descendants of the Sun only focus on the medical staff in war zones...the char that Song joong ki played either didnt exist or was supposed to be a medical staff too....then they expanded the story to include more on the soldiers.

And their initial choice for that char was't Song...a few actors rejected the role.....one reason being they didn't want to film overseas.

Song actually self-recommended himself. They oked it after seeing him in army uniform.

Yesterday's papers revealed some of the actors who rejected....Kim Woo-bin金宇彬, Jo In-sung赵寅成, Gong Yoo, Won Bin. 

Also supposed to be a SBS production....they rejected b'cos military theme abit dark plus hard to do product placement when most wore army uniform and scenes in war zones. Now became KBS production.

About the phone flick stunt....if u r not Song Joong Ki....better don't attempt it.

In china, some place selling hell papers use Song's pic on hell papers....wtf.

Then one shopping mall announced the prize for some lucky draw or redemption is 宋仲基 Song Zhong Ji (poster)...and one guy thought it's handphone...送手机...imagine his shock when he got his "prize".

I mention about product placement above....guess what, in China version of this drama, they inserted by CGI, images of some products eg beer can on the table in some scenes...viewers spot the differences...wow, like that also can.

And to think there are some leaked info that china authority want to discourage viewers from being too crazy over korean dramas esp this one.

Lastly, for the finals of China's I Am Singer this fri, the korean singer Hwang Chi Yeol had invited Gummy to duet with him the song "You are my everything". 

Edited by nixorn

Guest Glyph
6 hours ago, nixorn said:

Yesterday's papers revealed some of the actors who rejected....Kim Woo-bin金宇彬, Jo In-sung赵寅成, Gong Yoo, Won Bin.

None of the guys would've pulled it off as well as SJK did. He has this unique feature about him. When he smiles, you wanna pinch his cheeks. When he doesn't, he looks manly enough.

Just imagine all of them doing buing-buing/aegyo, they have to be at Lee Jong-suk's standard, and SJK is.

tumblr_inline_nnox2w9aFY1s8umjm_500.gif

(BTW, this was in SG.)

Saw that Yoo Ah-in cameo coming too, they did make history back in 2010. That KBS fanservice.

On 08/04/2016 at 1:50 AM, koganei83 said:

omg he looked like a typical flower boy b4 his NS days (meaning not that attractive at least to me) but once after NS, he become one of the rare breed of flower boys who is actually manly

He looks very "Johnny" type before NS; definitely appeal a lot in Japan if he was there to model.

All he needs is much longer hair to fit the bill.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Some interesting facts on Song Joong Ki...article said part 1....but dont think got part 2 after googled.

He got an elder bro (2yrs older)...who he described as more masculine and muscular than him...mmm...interested to see pics...but cant find...sigh.

And a younger sister (7yo difference) who got pics...well...i can only say she is ordinary-looking.

He was a former short track speed skater who competed national level until injury.

https://songjoongki.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/55-facts-of-song-joong-ki-part-1/

Think the show will end this week with last 2 episodes. Wonder happy or sad ending...or those unclear ending?

Edited by nixorn

A series of Laneige ads he did before enlistment. Quite cute. Esp the part he licked ice-cream...haha....2:38.

Actually if u look at him at 2:16....in the dark, singing Happy Birthday....together with his smile....a 19yo newbie actor/singer/dancer Kim Min Jae shared some resemblance with him...only sometimes. If interested, can check his clips in youtube.

And ya...the ending....fans should be happy....

There'll be a 3 part special next week....some behind the scenes, major scenes repeated and at the end, an epilogue which might said abit more about the chars....maybe future life??

Edited by nixorn

Actually i like a few of those soldiers...esp when running shirtless....haha. Whom are mentioned with their instagrams here :

http://kavenyou.com/dots-soldiers/

2nd half of this clip.

Haha...even the 2 know about their bromance label....

Btw about Jin Goo, before this drama, he acted as navy in a 2015 movie called Northern Limit Line.....maybe the next one he can try....air force pilot?

Northern-Limit-Line_poster_goldposter_co

Lastly....article on korean dramas with uniforms from soldiers, doctors to even kings...never fail to captivate viewers.

http://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/hallyubuzz/photos/men-in-uniform-the-best-6256134#slideshow-1

Thanks nixorn, the above posts were pretty informative, haha.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

• Guest locked this topic