Male HQ

Descendants of the Sun

koganei83

For fans of the 2nd couple Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won...cant believe they got a 12yr gap...according to wiki, he is 35 (married already) and she is 23.

A staff of the drama revealed that the 2 initially got a bed scene...probbaly innocent type...but still it was edited out later.

They did a recent ad...no understand korean...but they look cute.

Edited by nixorn

I have been laughing at female colleagues (on their fb) what is this movie about? I really thought this is an men-type of war movie (Korean)

Who knows it turn out to be a drama serial! and honestly I don't know any of the men in this series, ok I admit , I don't oogle at men unnecessarily and I m not a k fan
(it s more of the content - of the movie/show/drama that I looked for,  not the "content" of the males har)

THe ladies have been calling one another 花痴,and posting on fb everything about this "Descendents"

Yet in the other dimension ie here, we too are spending so much time over at this thread too....not sure who are more crazy /花痴 than those general ladies

On 20/04/2016 at 10:55 AM, nixorn said:

For fans of the 2nd couple Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won...cant believe they got a 12yr gap...according to wiki, he is 35 (married already) and she is 23.

A staff of the drama revealed that the 2 initially got a bed scene...probbaly innocent type...but still it was edited out later.

They did a recent ad...no understand korean...but they look cute.

I think the age gap between the both of them might be the reason why I was drawn more to their story. :D

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

There is one scene where the leads get to use the name of a girl group in the dialogue....Jin Goo like Sistar while Song Joongki like AOA....so they play scissor-paper-stone to decide.

Perhaps Song want to thank Seolhyun who is a member of AOA....she has always been a big fan of Song since yrs ago.

* initially link to a clear version but many of this clip got deleted.

Edited by nixorn

3 hours ago, lovehandle said:

funny, nix

n is there something on between the young doc n his patient? I just don't get it...did I miss something?
https://www.viu.com/ott/sg/en-us/vod/11250/Descendants%20of%20the%20Sun

In the previous ep 8, there was an earthquake and the young doctor sort of abandoned that patient (not patient yet) in the rubbles when 1st some falling rocks hit his hand and further tremors were really bad. So now the patient disliked him and the doctor also felt guilty.

Nothing "romantic" btw them lah...haha.

Read the 2nd couple Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won will appear in Running Man soon...maybe june.

Guess Song Joong Ki is too busy...despite saying a few times he want to appear in RM.

Ok....the patient is acted by Lee Yi-kyung. 

DFTS9-00007.jpg

Not the very handsome type. Well, out of curiosity, i googled on him and found tons of trivia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Yi-kyung

He acted in White Night (2012 gay film)....as one of the 2 leads. There's a bed scene in the film.

Trailer. Not sure if u can recognise him. Think he's in orange jacket.

He also acted in another gay movie Night Flight (2014) but very small role as one of the students.

Also worked in the production team of 2012 gay short Going South (the one where a soldier drugged another guy and had sex in the car).

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/28018/20140708/five-fun-facts-about-lee-yi-kyung.htm

He acted in My Love From The Star as the assistant of bad guy (the older bro of the 2nd lead), doing some dirty work for him.

There are a couple of other dramas he acted in...but i'm not familiar with them, didn't watch. 

And last trivia....his dad is CEO of  LG Innotek, an aerospace company, part of the larger LG corp. 

furthermore, in this episode

it explained tht chi hun (that young doc) didn't take the plane to go back to seoul is cos of a Patient
what is so special w that patient loh

I  suspected something

https://www.viu.com/ott/sg/en-us/vod/11297/Descendants%20of%20the%20Sun

Guest a1beng
6 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Lee has such a short scene in Descendents leh

he will come out few more times in the next few eposides

1 hour ago, a1beng said:

he will come out few more times in the next few eposides

U mean he will "appear" a few more times , rt?

comeout is a very sensitive word to use

The young doc refuse to leave the dangerous place for that patient....this is the nuances I picked up, Nixon u didn't pick this?
or u r confused by the many shows that u chased after?

Guest Glyph
On 4/25/2016 at 3:17 AM, nixorn said:

There's a joke in the newspaper that older chinese ppl watched a 1960s movie called  星星 月亮 太陽 (Star, Moon, Sun) but now youngsters are crazy over these 3 korean dramas :

來自星星的你, 擁抱太陽的月亮 and 太陽的後裔

Because.

tumblr_li3wh0znL81qc5hbn.gif

So this.

51324351.jpg

This.

1.jpg

This.

5fd4b97f21a71a54a6d28bc1231adb58.jpg00036439.jpg

And this.

73Untitled-345.jpg

Anyway.

tumblr_o3adsmdWrH1qeo89ao1_540.giftumblr_inline_n1oxvifhjh1szk2y2.gif

You get the drift.

Guest Glyph
1 hour ago, lovehandle said:

the young doc being a hum bao (cry bb) again

Why would a doc so fragile?

Park%20Hyung%20Sik_zpspl2lcyrm.gif

No offense, you should just stick to watching documentaries where they explain everything to you.

tumblr_mx06u7uk4V1rie2dto1_500.gif

@lovehandle, I seldom comment, but reading your posts really urged me to say something, haha.

Based on the following...

22 hours ago, lovehandle said:

n is there something on between the young doc n his patient? I just don't get it...did I miss something?

9 hours ago, lovehandle said:

it explained tht chi hun (that young doc) didn't take the plane to go back to seoul is cos of a Patient
what is so special w that patient loh

I suspected something

This time round, I can better understand that
Good that he is straight

you seemed to be waiting for the drama to become gay-themed? Haha.

When I read that you "suspected something", I was thinking are you thinking too much (into gay-theme stuff)...

I don't remember anything that the young doctor did to suggest any romance in the "brewing" wor...

======================================================

In addition, with the following...

4 hours ago, lovehandle said:

the young doc being a hum bao (cry bb) again

Why would a doc so fragile?

hum bao cried again....I was giggling while he s crying

I have to say this first, I AM NOT A DOCTOR.

Based on the little knowledge I know of being a doctor, there is a strict set of code of conduct to follow, and I thought the young doctor portrayed the character rather well with good emotions (I'm thinking doctors are not supposed to leave the patient behind, something like that?).

Anyway, as nixorn explained earlier, the young doctor abandoned the patient as he was afraid to die when more debris fell from above, this had affected him very much and felt very guilty in leaving the patient behind. His way of "getting out" of this guilt was to be forgiven by the patient, hence he gave up his chance to go home when he could, so as to make amends to the patient. And when the patient finally talked to him (and forgiven him later in a way), it was a VERY BIG relief for him that he cried it out (which was a happy thing and finally had the courage to take his wife's call). I believe this was very well demonstrated by the actor. 

I'm not sure if you're "old fashion", but crying is not an act of weakness eh.

Haha.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

so the modern style is doctors crying infront of patients?

patients will all run off if docs appear too emotional, to the extent of not calling wife, hiding at corners etc

Nuances of gay-content in modern drama (be it Taiwan or not) - shdnt be something uncommon

Be creative!
What is wrong w being gay as part of the drama , this is life and the life is full of gays...

Sometimes in dramas (esp korean and jap)....either 2 same-sex chars got great chemistry or show some bromance (eg caring for each other beyond normal friendship)....even if they aren't declared as gays in the dramas...many viewers will "ship" them, pair them up.

Some fans might even ignore their girlfriends/wives (if any) in the drama. I saw some well-made clips (of edit scenes) where if u don't watch the drama, u would think the 2 guys are really in a relationship together.

This could be accidental....or i suspect some scriptwriters did it on purpose....to attract some groups of viewers. Well, cannot say right or wrong of viewers to think some friendship might be more than that.

But usually there are some bromance actions (eg how one look or smile at another person, hugging etc) that give those feelings. If not, i won't feel that way.....eg that doctor and patient in DOTS.

Edited by nixorn

9 hours ago, nixorn said:

Sometimes in dramas (esp korean and jap)....either 2 same-sex chars got great chemistry or show some bromance (eg caring for each other beyond normal friendship)....even if they aren't declared as gays in the dramas...many viewers will "ship" them, pair them up.

Some fans might even ignore their girlfriends/wives (if any) in the drama. I saw some well-made clips (of edit scenes) where if u don't watch the drama, u would think the 2 guys are really in a relationship together.

This could be accidental....or i suspect some scriptwriters did it on purpose....to attract some groups of viewers. Well, cannot say right or wrong of viewers to think some friendship might be more than that.

But usually there are some bromance actions (eg how one look or smile at another person, hugging etc) that give those feelings. If not, i won't feel that way.....eg that doctor and patient in DOTS.

Precisely that was my point

hence I "suspected" at some scenes

suspected doesn't mean I m expecting the show to go on the way I m expecting and I m not a fan of such themes, a lot are chasing some China gay-themes like as though they are poisoned

A doctor is to be professional

While humans have emotions, u don't topple them unnecessarily infront of a patient

and neither did I say crying is a form of weakness

I wept and tear easily too, but professionally

Among the minor actors esp those soldiers....i like this one's type of look...his bod not too bad.

https://www.instagram.com/rooco/

And this one's muscular bod. Think he might be fitness trainer.

https://www.instagram.com/leebumhoon/

Then Dr Daniel acted by jasper cho. He was born in s.korea but spent most time overseas studying. His father was a singer. He participated in 2014 superstar k6...but missed out top10.

Guest Glyph
19 hours ago, lovehandle said:

so the modern style is doctors crying infront of patients?

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, lovehandle said:

A doctor is to be professional

While humans have emotions, u don't topple them unnecessarily infront of a patient

and neither did I say crying is a form of weakness

I wept and tear easily too, but professionally

If you actually paid attention to the character of Onew's role, you'll realise he's in general a happy-go-lucky kinda person. Not to mention that he's an intern, a 1st year resident in Haesung hospital. This means he just graduated from medical school, went off to Uruk in a volunteer team, got hit by the quake, choked in dust, almost got crushed by rubbles, and had to struggle between his own survival instinct and the duty as a doctor. I guess he should have shook it off his shoulders like you mentioned after all that he went through with absolute zilt experience. Talk about professionalism, cham...

After reading some of your posts, you seem like a complete newb when it comes to K-drama so...

dots3-91.gif

Guest Glyph
1 hour ago, EasleyLim said:

Lol, jesus christ it's a drama. Of course there needs to be character growth and shit. If everyone was a professional then nothing to act liao. Why are people even explaining the purpose of having a dramatic scene in a kdrama.

tumblr_o2sv53gdWL1sh8uxlo5_1280.jpg

i m not watch DOTS series. i in my meetings with my co-workers, most is female. one of my co-workers drew a sun on a white board, part of our company logo. i joke to her what it is? is it descendants of the sun. the peoples in the room turn around to me and look at me. they make a long sound of WAHHHH, and they were super happy. so people so crazy about this series. that incident told me why i should watch DOTS, because of the loud WAHHH sound! cheers

Every-time the moon shines, i become alive.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Watching K drama always make me a bimbo ! Better go back to watching HK drama .....

Very addictive indeed. 

First I watched DOTS smitten by Song Joong Ki, then I watched Come

Back Alive. Rain and his super sexy body and jawline swept me off my feet. Then watched Marriage Contract. That oppa Ji Hoon is so hot (yes! I find his uncle irresistible!!!) and I was touched by how well the male and female leads and the little

gal performed in this drama.  :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

19 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Very addictive indeed. 

First I watched DOTS smitten by Song Joong Ki, then I watched Come

Back Alive. Rain and his super sexy body and jawline swept me off my feet. Then watched Marriage Contract. That oppa Ji Hoon is so hot (yes! I find his uncle irresistible!!!) and I was touched by how well the male and female leads and the little

gal performed in this drama.  :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Yes, boycott Channel 8 & Channel U...now all I watch are Korean drama!:lol:

By the way, with such a hit on Descendants of the Sun, is there any new dramas by Song Joong-ki and/or Song Hye-kyo in the near future? Haha.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

• Guest locked this topic