Male HQ

Afraid of eye contact

Guest Confused

Guest Confused

So theres this guy i will meet everyday on the bus while otw to work. I think hes really cute and might be gay but for some reason whenever he looks at me, my first instinct is to look away and not make eye contact. Guess im too shy plus afraid he isnt gay and will think im weird. What shall i do?

Aww that's cute! You should do a quick smile at him and see his reaction. If he looks away then he might be shy or not interested. If he smiles at you back then it is reciprocated. Take action before you regret and will not see him again.

Edited by Key

Guest Confused

What if i smile at him and he gets wierded out? Plus even if he smile back may mean ntn as we take the same bus together everyday, right?

2 hours ago, Guest Confused said:

What if i smile at him and he gets wierded out? Plus even if he smile back may mean ntn as we take the same bus together everyday, right?

Totally get what you mean, especially the part about creeping him out. Maybe you wanna try something like, say, ... "accidentally" knocking onto him?  Haha... maybe others here may have better ideas.

Ultimately, what has been said so far isn't wrong. Someone has to take the first step for anything to happen eventually.

All the best :)

I didn't realise he was the one looking at you first! This puts you in a more comfortable position. You can look back (with a non-creepy, normal/blank expression), and see what happens. Maybe he'll look away, or maybe he'll even smile at you. :)

Well , you should be careful By the way you look at him. 

Let  me share with my encounter with you . There was once  I spotted an attractive guy in the train.  I just could not help myself but to stare at him.  What surprised me is that he noticed my stare and  he stared at me back. I thought I had my chance. 

It did not end well. This guy approached me quietly to ask if I am ok as he noticed that I have staring at him the moment I boarded the train. I did not know how to react so I  denied my action . It was so embarrassing and the whole situation was very awkward. I was thankful that he did not shout at me  as if I m some kind of freak in the train . From that moment onwards , I wam be very careful with my stare. 

I wish he could read this and know I mean no harm. Haha

Guest 名媛尿惹李
15 hours ago, Guest Confused said:

So theres this guy i will meet everyday on the bus while otw to work. I think hes really cute and might be gay but for some reason whenever he looks at me, my first instinct is to look away and not make eye contact. Guess im too shy plus afraid he isnt gay and will think im weird. What shall i do?

Wear this hat out. Don't worrying about eye contacts. Only when you're ready, draw open the window curtain to look into his eyes.

003O5WAngy6NBDZsWLr35&690

Guest 名媛尿惹李
4 minutes ago, Guest 名媛尿惹李 said:

Wear this hat out. Don't worrying about eye contacts. Only when you're ready, draw open the window curtain to look into his eyes.

003O5WAngy6NBDZsWLr35&690

If you don't know where to buy, I can lend you mine for a few days. 名牌的,很贵的喔。

Guest looker

When I was in secondary school looked at two ah bengs at the mrt station, but I was actually waiting and looking out for my friends, they came over claim i was staring so kenna gut punched by them.

i usually avoid eye contact as well maybe cos i feel inferior or something

recently i tried not to avoid and things works out to be the same

there were once someone made an eye contact with me and smile. i thought he looks ok, pleasant n so on so i smiled back and turns out that he is straight

9 hours ago, Guest looker said:

When I was in secondary school looked at two ah bengs at the mrt station, but I was actually waiting and looking out for my friends, they came over claim i was staring so kenna gut punched by them.

Got 黑目壳?

• 2 weeks later...

i thought this finally is a thread for me as well cos i have this serious issues with eye contact...i am not daring enough...is there any other reason why i cannot make eye contact? i dont mind being criticize....just think that my fear is not very healthy.

i don't have esteem issues....just shy and scare

I'm not sure about everyone else but I'm afraid of eye contact as well. 

Just a side story (haha i write too many stories to explain a certain point in this forum), when I go to the washroom and after finishing my business, like everyone else, i would wash my hands. Now, some people would look in the mirror while washing their hands to check themselves out. "Is my hair ok? Is my forehead too oily?" 

I, on the other hand, don't. I would just look down and focus on washing my hands. The reason is not because I think that's too vain or narcissistic. Quite the opposite. I just don't like to make eye contact with even myself. There is perhaps something that I find unacceptable of myself.

So when I saw this thread, I start to think the reason why we're afraid of making eye contact is because we have very low self esteem. If I cannot view myself in a positive light, I cannot expect a sudden morale boost from someone else. And then you would come up with a thousand reasons to justify that someone is looking at you because you are weird. Learning to love yourself is important I think and maybe I hope in one fine day we can take comfort to see ourselves through the eyes of others.  

• 1 month later...
Guest Annoyed
On 20 April 2016 at 10:00 PM, Guest Confused said:

Why do gays always try to label other male as gay? That crab-like attitude

5 hours ago, Guest Annoyed said:

Why do gays always try to label other male as gay? That crab-like attitude

How would u have rephrased the same meaning/sentence then?

If the person is not a gay, he will not even want to consider approaching him

18 minutes ago, nogun said:

It is when u have motive to your stare,that u over think too much,that u become conscious of your action ,juat be simple,  see a guy u like find attractive,just give him a 3 second stare and smile at him.D don't have any expectations,just practise this u ,soon u will not be so shy^^

Alot of people shy with eye contact leh. No motive still shy with eye contact, lao ah pek sitting across me wont look at me directly same with hundreds of people that had been sitting across me in the bus all look at scenery behind me, when i looked at them looking at me they will quickly avert their eyes.

Edited by Carpenter

1 hour ago, Carpenter said:

Even i sometimes dont like staring at myself on the mirror n look me in the eyes.

I m the same too! give me a 5, I don't stare at the mirror or use the mirror once I left home for work

many bothered to go into office toilet day in and day out and look at themselves

I wash my hands and flee immed usu

• Guest locked this topic