Male HQ

'Saw Jet Star' born on board Jetstar Asia flight to Yangon on 22 April 2016

13092073_10153673755792582_1727952024999

We're most pleased to announce that a baby boy, named Saw Jet Star, was delivered safely onboard 3K583 by a team of doctors and the crew after the flight landed in Yangon on Friday, 22 April 2016.
Both mother and son are in good health and have been discharged from the local hospital in Yangon.
The baby boy weighed six pounds, seven ounces and is the FIRST baby to be delivered on a Jetstar Asia... flight and we will be contributing SGD1,000 worth of baby supplies to the family.
The Jetstar crew on board 3K583 led by Customer Service Manager, Mr Saw Ler Htu exercised utmost care and concern for the passenger, calling for medical assistance on board the aircraft when required.
Jetstar would also like to commend the three medical doctors, Dr Saw Myat Thitsar, Dr Aung Ko and Dr Thida San for stepping in to provide the medical support.

Saw Jet Star, delivered by a Jetstar crew on board 3K583 led by Customer Service Manager, Mr Saw Ler Htu with the help of one of the three medical doctors, Dr Saw Myat Thitsar. I didn't know Saw is such a common surname.

2 hours ago, darkiedark said:

Almost going to deliver already still go on board a plane. Cause so much trouble for the crew to deliver the baby. And then the airline still need to give $1000 worth of gifts??? Haha. What logic is this? Or did they already charged for the medical expenses?

Exactly. I am still waiting for more news of this on mainstream media. So far, BW is the ONLY place reporting this.

Y is a 9 months pregnant lady allowed to board?

Would the baby be allowed free life flying?

I know of doctors who charged airlines after rendering service on board.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 4/26/2016 at 6:20 PM, Guest said:

Saw Jet Star, delivered by a Jetstar crew on board 3K583 led by Customer Service Manager, Mr Saw Ler Htu with the help of one of the three medical doctors, Dr Saw Myat Thitsar. I didn't know Saw is such a common surname.

Saw is not a surname. There are 8 main ethnicities inhabiting different parts of Myanmar, with Burmese forming the majority. When one's name starts with 'Saw', it is to indicate that the person is of Karen ethnicity, in the same way 'Sai' is used for Shan ethnicity and 'Salai' for Chin ethnicity.

Burmese people in general does not have surname, as they believe it is neither family blood nor family lineage is that important when compared to one's merits and demerits accumulated over the course of pervious lives in Samsara. 

9 hours ago, Guest SAW VIII said:

Talking bad about my baby? I saw you then you know,

249225_1246619769017_300_494.jpg

Ok lah , not cheap skate baby but budget baby lah , ok yet ?!

On 2016年4月27日 at 9:50 AM, fab said:

Y is a 9 months pregnant lady allowed to board?

Would the baby be allowed free life flying?

I know of doctors who charged airlines after rendering service on board.

Yes , free , the steward/stewardess , pilots , planes ,etc , all free for the baby ! If it stays as a baby ! 

20 minutes ago, Guest said:

Ok lah , not cheap skate baby but budget baby lah , ok yet ?!

17 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yes , free , the steward/stewardess , pilots , planes ,etc , all free for the baby ! If it stays as a baby ! 

For you: www.imh.com.sg/contactus

There is something wrong with this.. which ground staff allowed the woman to travel on board?

Isn't there a ruling that to-be-mothers cannot be "too" pregnant - let say, beyond the 24-26 weeks of pregnancy.  That is she is into her 3rd trimester.

Jet star should NOT celebrate with joy but they have to review the case seriously... I certainly wouldn't want to witness such calamity.  Just last week, I was about to board the AirAsia plane to Hong Kong from Bangkok.  Due to its full capacity, the staff were very strict with the 7 kg policy.  Most of the mainlanders "bo-chap" this and ended with a hefty charge for extra luggage - THB 1200 per piece.  The worst was a woman who insisted that she shared her luggage with her husband.  Hence her 12 kg bag was still within the limits.  However she had unwittingly brought a 24 inch luggage bag on board and this had exceeded the maximum allowable dimensions!  Because of her wrongdoings, the plane was delayed for almost 20 minutes. 

7 minutes ago, abang said:

There is something wrong with this.. which ground staff allowed the woman to travel on board?

Isn't there a ruling that to-be-mothers cannot be "too" pregnant - let say, beyond the 24-26 weeks of pregnancy.  That is she is into her 3rd trimester.

Jet star should NOT celebrate with joy but they have to review the case seriously... I certainly wouldn't want to witness such calamity.  Just last week, I was about to board the AirAsia plane to Hong Kong from Bangkok.  Due to its full capacity, the staff were very strict with the 7 kg policy.  Most of the mainlanders "bo-chap" this and ended with a hefty charge for extra luggage - THB 1200 per piece.  The worst was a woman who insisted that she shared her luggage with her husband.  Hence her 12 kg bag was still within the limits.  However she had unwittingly brought a 24 inch luggage bag on board and this had exceeded the maximum allowable dimensions!  Because of her wrongdoings, the plane was delayed for almost 20 minutes. 

That's what separate a world reowned international premium airline such as Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines from the rest !

I am currently in Hong Kong and seriously the attitude of the mainlanders is something to be CORRECTED.

They speak loudly in the streets, in trains and worst, while travelling around in public buses.

Unlike Guest who (probably) savours the best things in life i.e. travelling in renowned (you had a spelling error) international premium airlines, this 55-year-old uncle still prefers to save my pennies for a rainy day.

• Guest locked and unlocked this topic
3 hours ago, abang said:

I am currently in Hong Kong and seriously the attitude of the mainlanders is something to be CORRECTED.

They speak loudly in the streets, in trains and worst, while travelling around in public buses.

Unlike Guest who (probably) savours the best things in life i.e. travelling in renowned (you had a spelling error) international premium airlines, this 55-year-old uncle still prefers to save my pennies for a rainy day.

Fucking PRCs are the pits, they are a disgrace internationally and wherever they go.

• Guest locked this topic