Male HQ

Should a Friend Have Been Told That His Date Was H.I.V. Positive?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/magazine/should-a-friend-have-been-told-that-his-date-was-hiv-positive.html

More than 30 years ago, five years or so into a world shaped by AIDS, I had two friends. One of them, “Dean,” was coming to New York City for a job interview; he didn’t know anyone in the city and was planning on being there for a few days near Christmas. He was 24, smart and ambitious. The other man, “Bill,” was the last lover of a man named “Colin,” who was my first love. Colin didn’t tell Bill that he was H.I.V. positive; when Bill became positive, Colin “discovered” he was, too. Colin had died by the time Dean was visiting New York.
Bill called me to ask if I wanted to go to Lincoln Center. I couldn’t, but I mentioned that my friend Dean was coming to town and that they worked in related fields. They talked; they went to Lincoln Center. I felt I was doing the “correct” thing in not revealing Bill’s status to Dean. You can guess where this is going. They had sex, dated briefly, broke up, didn’t talk. Years passed; Bill died. One night, I had dinner with Dean and told him the Colin/Bill story. Dean’s reaction made it clear that he hadn’t known Bill’s status. Dean looked at me, and our friendship, which had cooled for other reasons by this time, stopped. Dean died a year or so later of AIDS. Was it my fault? Dave, Location Withheld

No. The primary responsibility for avoiding sexually transmitted diseases lies with the people having sex. By the time you’re talking about, it was known that AIDS was caused by a virus, that it could be sexually transmitted and that the probability of sexual transmission could be significantly reduced by various “safe sex” practices. Bill and Dean presumably were aware of all this. And in any case, people shouldn’t rely on third parties to inform them of a partner’s status. They have a right to be told directly by their partners.

At the same time, medical privacy is an important value. In emergencies, it may be necessary to reveal a person’s health status to protect others. But you’re talking about a situation in which there were easily available steps your visiting friend could have taken to protect himself. Nor did you have reason to think that Bill was going to endanger his date — or that his date was going to endanger himself.

Maybe Bill acted blamelessly. (We can’t be sure that Dean got the virus from him. One baleful stare doesn’t settle the matter.) If Bill failed to mention that he was H.I.V. positive, though, Dean had no grounds to infer that he wasn’t. And if Bill falsely claimed to be negative? Even in the early years of testing, medical authorities made it plain that a negative result was consistent with a person’s having been infected but not yet “seroconverted.” If someone was having unsafe sex, a negative test result wouldn’t have meant that he was uninfected. Sex and rationality are, of course, not the steadiest of companions. That’s why it has been important to promulgate safe sex as a practice — a habit. Make it a default, and you don’t need to be especially rational to stick to it.

I’ve said that you’re not morally responsible for what happened to your two friends and that you were right to have respected Bill’s medical privacy. Still, with a visitor who was “not a New Yorker,” you could have reinforced the importance of safe sex in this epicenter of the disease, whatever a sex partner’s avowed status, and done so without revealing what you knew about Bill. Second, while duties of confidentiality are less demanding when the person you’re talking about is dead, it might not have been a great idea to reveal what you knew about Colin and Bill. My father was fond of the Latin proverb De mortuis nil nisi bonum. Speak only good of the dead. It has limited applicability, I grant, but over the dinner table, it’s a decent enough rule of thumb.

Edited by heliumduck

NO. Don't tell. Don't even hint.

It's none of your business and you should not take it upon yourself to disclose another person's HIV status.

If the person he is dating had told you once about his condition, most of the time, he did so cos he trusts you. Never betray anyone's trust.

I have quite a few friends who are poz. And when they started dating, it's not my business to tell their dates about they status. They could do it themselves.  And I wish them all the best.

One should treat HIV like it is any other disease - a chronic one that can be managed and treated, though not cured.

True, its sexually transmitted. But that can pretty easily be addressed with safe sex and such.

And if the poz guy is under treatment, is very fit and healthy, who has an undetectable viral load, according to some experts, he is one of the safest guys your friend can have sex with cos 1. he knows he is poz and there is no way he has pass he virus over to your friend.

The thing is, most ppl DO NOT know their status and they sleep around, perhaps occasionally indulging in unsafe sex. What makes you think a guy who does NOT know he is poz is actually HIV negative? Not knowing one's status does not mean one is negative.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum
grammar

Of all people, he intro his HIV friend to someone new to a city!!! I mean what was he thinking.

To PaterTenebrarum, what is "don't hint, don't tell" ?? Then how did the author knew his ex and friend were positive? If he had cautioned Dean of it and yet Dean got infected, then it's his problem. I think the author should live with guilt for the rest of his life.

If that person does not have the decency to tell his dates upfront, which he should, then I should either urge him to be more responsible and human (it's inhuman to hide it from someone you're getting intimate with) or try to disclose it to his date. But in most cases I wouldn't do either since I won't be a busybody constantly keeping track of his relationships unless he's a close friend who updates me about it, so technically there's nothing much I can do. However, as many of us know there are many guys who have HIV and are out there having "fun" with other guys without disclosing it to them (who would have fun with a stranger with hiv?). That kind of behaviour is criminal and the least we could do is to warn as many people about it as possible or report him to the authorities (for those to whom this is subjective: if it helps people and they will sincerely thank us for it, then it is the right thing to do).

nope. definitely not. it's none of your business.

+65 9090 four four nine six (WA), fourthandthird (Line)

Tiong Bahru market vicinity

$78 / hr - tui na + minor fixing + bone setting (if necessary)

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

$36 bonesetting-and-go (5 - 10 mins)

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Please keep your mask on 😃

If guy A who is poz have sex with guy B without telling him up front. Some how later on guy B found out he is poz and was sure that he got it from guy A. Can B sue A?

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

If guy A who is poz have sex with guy B without telling him up front. Some how later on guy B found out he is poz and was sure that he got it from guy A. Can B sue A?

The onus then is for B to prove that he got it from A. 

It's very messy, really. All this can be avoided by doing the right thing and disclose your poz status to your sex partner beforehand. Of course this is the ideal and we all know how far from ideal reality usually is.

For those people who feels that they will keep the secret, will you hide behind the same excuse if you know your neighbour on your left has bought guns and knives and is preparing to murder your neighbour on your right? Oh! Don't bother replying to "guests" if anyone don't want to. LOL!

I think with or without knowledge of the other person's HIV status, I would suggest to my friend to do a HIV test together whenever he has a new partner.

In fact.... I think everyone should go for checkup regularly regardless of how many sexual partners you have. Straight or gay, unless you practice celibacy. It is just being responsible. 

So in this scenario, I won't divulge the status. And if you are my friend, this probably won't be the first time hearing me nag, so I trust that you will know what you are doing.

4 hours ago, fourth said:

nope. definitely not. it's none of your business.

It's everybody's business to help stem the flow of aids. Please. You are very selfish thinking only of your own interests of friendship with that particular friend. Other than that, people's other relationship/frienship issues then, are none of your business.

4 hours ago, HIVBOY21 said:

Reading the comments here just makes me shake my head. On a side note, thank you Pater. 

Will you reveal to your boyfriend your status?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I can empathize with everyone facing that situation, but simply saying none of your business is damn fucking selfish, when you can save someone's life. Gays are irresponsible.

First point first, please dont say you can empathise with everyone facing that situation when you make it synonymous to murdering your neighbour. It is really disrespectful.

Secondly, this is not an issue about revealing statuses to boyfriends, neither is it about me. It's about third parties getting involved in the affairs of others. Unless my friend is a known bug-chaser or gift-giver, no point divulging information.

At the age of 20, i've probably seen more of the circle than you have. And i don't think i wanna continue this conversation, seeing how narrow-minded you are. I believe i am entitled to my own opinions, and so are you. I have never contested yours, and i dont see why you should. Peace buddy. Sometimes a little love goes a long way.

Perhaps the best people to ans this qn are those with HIV themselves.

If I have HIV, obviously I got it from someone who didn't know he has it or someone who didn't tell me. The former didn't know because somewhere along the way someone with HIV didn't disclose it before getting intimate (if you trace it, ultimately those who didn't know got it from someone who didn't disclose their status; not the original cause pls don't start an argument). Say, someone knew that that guy had HIV and he didn't think it necessary to tell me. Would I have wished that he had told me, or do I think it's really none of his business to inform me? 

As people tend to be selfish, they will only think reasonably when it concerns themselves. If it concerns others, then all sorts of sophistry and specious arguments can justify their viewpoints. 

15 hours ago, mate69 said:

The onus then is for B to prove that he got it from A. 

It's very messy, really. All this can be avoided by doing the right thing and disclose your poz status to your sex partner beforehand. Of course this is the ideal and we all know how far from ideal reality usually is.

not really. more and more people are being upfront about it. my young friends have been very upfront. yes, most will reject them, but there are a few who does not mind, and it's been 4 years and none of his partners have been poz.

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

22 hours ago, fourth said:

not really. more and more people are being upfront about it. my young friends have been very upfront. yes, most will reject them, but there are a few who does not mind, and it's been 4 years and none of his partners have been poz.

Clearly you're living in a bubble. Not everyone is upfront about it. The world doesn't evolve around you and your "social circle". Stop being narcissistic.

22 hours ago, Guest said:

Clearly you're living in a bubble. Not everyone is upfront about it. The world doesn't *evolve around you and your "social circle". Stop being narcissistic.

*Revolve

56 minutes ago, Guest said:

Clearly you're living in a bubble. Not everyone is upfront about it. The world doesn't evolve around you and your "social circle". Stop being narcissistic.

i think you should just piss off. i'm just saying that things are changing. you could have just stated your point without going personal. and if you have nothing good to contribute other than personal attacks, like i said, you should just piss off. 

Gua sha - $15

6 hours ago, HIVBOY21 said:

First point first, please dont say you can empathise with everyone facing that situation when you make it synonymous to murdering your neighbour. It is really disrespectful.

Secondly, this is not an issue about revealing statuses to boyfriends, neither is it about me. It's about third parties getting involved in the affairs of others. Unless my friend is a known bug-chaser or gift-giver, no point divulging information.

At the age of 20, i've probably seen more of the circle than you have. And i don't think i wanna continue this conversation, seeing how narrow-minded you are. I believe i am entitled to my own opinions, and so are you. I have never contested yours, and i dont see why you should. Peace buddy. Sometimes a little love goes a long way.

=) i like you. and, yeah. we should just leave that jerk alone. people who hide behind the anonymity of the net just to hurl shit at others, no matter how much of a shit head they are, still have a right to their lives. hopefully they can contribute more positively instead of hurting others and making things worse.

Gua sha - $15

Oh man, this sure ain't easy to comprehend: well, privacy gonna be good and valued as in this case, it's friends who are at stake, as commented.

Just wonder whether it gonna change if that dude happened to be your sibling, who is dating someone poz. Guessed it ain't easy

7 hours ago, HIVBOY21 said:

I see you just created your profile 2 days ago. By conflating and exaggerating the points i made with really mean statements, i think you are being a little sensitive. But that's understandable. All the best to your health and romantic relationships, nevertheless.

21 minutes ago, Guest said:

I see you just created your profile 2 days ago. By conflating and exaggerating the points i made with really mean statements, i think you are being a little sensitive. But that's understandable. All the best to your health and romantic relationships, nevertheless.

i don't think you have the capacity to understand anyone. the fact that you say you do, the conjecture is, is just another backhand smack at the other party. go troll somewhere else, like Youtube or whatever, if you can't find anything better to do with your life other than being mean to others. we all have parents. what happened to what they taught you? i'd like to believe that they are nice people. if you know that you are capable of being nice, then be nice!

Gua sha - $15

12 hours ago, HIVBOY21 said:

First point first, there are countless guests around. Please stop thinking that all statements comes from the same guest.

Secondly, this is not an issue about respectful or disrespectful. It is about the warning of a potentially hazardous situation. Whitedick put it well. Will you hold the same stance of silence if your family members (or you) were infected by someone introduced by your best friend who had known of the situation? Will you and your best friend remains BFF after that?

And please la... at the age of 20, don't pretend that you have seen anything of this world yet, OK?

On 5/2/2016 at 0:19 AM, Guest said:

Hi, 

(Source: http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/search/display/view.w3p;ident=8e9f623a-e528-418d-94b6-ad6b09bf3486;page=0;query=DocId%3A5e69eb8c-5499-4f83-b096-9747cd9f1fa8%20Depth%3A0%20Status%3Ainforce;rec=0#pr23-he-.)

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING LAW IN SINGAPORE

Sexual activity by person with AIDS or HIV Infection
—(1)  A person who knows that he has AIDS or HIV Infection shall not engage in any sexual activity with another person unless,
before the sexual activity takes place —
(a)
he has informed that other person of the risk of contracting AIDS or HIV Infection from him; and
(b)
that other person has voluntarily agreed to accept that risk.

Any person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $50,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years or to both.

I AM HERE, STANDING WITH A FRIEND
4 hours ago, HIVBOY21 said:

Be nice to one another, that's all i ask for. Don't wish to argue. Thanks. Peace out.

this guy is my friend

and Singapore (herself) got "red ribbon project" to support people like them

never kick a man when he's down and 

We can’t stop the falling rocks but we can stop throwing stones.

Edited by Kingfisher09

sexual activitiy mah.............

Honestly good not to engage if there is Hiv, cos in case of accidents do happened and it turned into a dramatic court case

This ought to be a lesson for all those Hiv, who assumed that having hiv, life goes on, yes Your indv life goes on
go on to live happily, no1 is stopping u
I encourage healthy lifestyle (incld mental and emo aspect too) but

good not to engage w strangers w sexual activity pls

Guest Glyph

This isn't so much of a moral dilemma, but a case of moral vs ethics. A lot of the disagreement here stems from our expectations of others to do what we ourselves deem as morally right, but it still holds true that it's unethical to breach one's medical privacy. In my opinion, neither are wrong.. but simply because we aren't objectively at fault doesn't mean that we are free from subjective consequences. It's a sad truth that we must bear.

11 hours ago, Kingfisher09 said:

Hi, 

(Source: http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/search/display/view.w3p;ident=8e9f623a-e528-418d-94b6-ad6b09bf3486;page=0;query=DocId%3A5e69eb8c-5499-4f83-b096-9747cd9f1fa8%20Depth%3A0%20Status%3Ainforce;rec=0#pr23-he-.)

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING LAW IN SINGAPORE

Sexual activity by person with AIDS or HIV Infection
—(1)  A person who knows that he has AIDS or HIV Infection shall not engage in any sexual activity with another person unless,
before the sexual activity takes place —
(a)
he has informed that other person of the risk of contracting AIDS or HIV Infection from him; and
(b)
that other person has voluntarily agreed to accept that risk.

Any person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $50,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years or to both.

I AM HERE, STANDING WITH A FRIEND

this guy is my friend

and Singapore (herself) got "red ribbon project" to support people like them

never kick a man when he's down and 

We can’t stop the falling rocks but we can stop throwing stones.

Very good to know! Faith in the govt restored!! Sentence seems light though. 

Guest Glyph

*cough* Take note of this too *cough*

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/search/display/view.w3p;ident=8e9f623a-e528-418d-94b6-ad6b09bf3486;page=0;query=DocId%3A5e69eb8c-5499-4f83-b096-9747cd9f1fa8%20Depth%3A0%20Status%3Ainforce;rec=0#pr25-he-.

Protection of identity of person with AIDS, HIV Infection or other sexually transmitted disease
—(1)  Any person who, in the performance or exercise of his functions or duties under this Act, is aware or has reasonable grounds for believing that another person has AIDS or HIV Infection or is suffering from a sexually transmitted disease or is a carrier of that disease shall not disclose any information which may identify the other person except —
(a)
with the consent of the other person;
(b)
when it is necessary to do so in connection with the administration or execution of anything under this Act;
(ba)
when it is necessary to do so in connection with the provision of information to a police officer under section 22 or 424 of the Criminal Procedure Code 2010;
[10/2008 wef 10/06/2008]
[15/2010 wef 02/01/2011]
(c)
when ordered to do so by a court;
(d)
to any medical practitioner or other health staff who is treating or caring for, or counselling, the other person;
[10/2008 wef 10/06/2008]
(e)
to any blood, organ, semen or breast milk bank that has received or will receive any blood, organ, semen or breast milk from the other person;
(f)
for statistical reports and epidemiological purposes if the information is used in such a way that the identity of the other person is not made known;
(g)
to the victim of a sexual assault by the other person;
(h)
to the Controller of Immigration for the purposes of the Immigration Act (Cap. 133);
(i)
to the next-of-kin of the other person upon the death of such person;
(j)
to any person or class of persons to whom, in the opinion of the Director, it is in the public interest that the information be given; or
(k)
when authorised by the Minister to publish such information for the purposes of public health or public safety.
[5/92; 13/99]
(2)  Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or to both.
[5/92]
[10/2008 wef 10/06/2008]
(3)  For the purposes of subsection (1)(a), the consent of the other person includes —
(a)
if that person has died, the written consent of that person’s spouse, personal representative, administrator or executor;
(b)
if that person is below the age of 16 years, the written consent of a parent or legal guardian of that person; and
(c)
if, in the opinion of the medical practitioner who undertook the test for HIV Infection for that person, he has a disability by reason of which he appears incapable of giving consent, the written consent in the following order, of —
(i)
a legal guardian of that person;
(ii)
the spouse of that person;
(iii)
a parent of that person; or
(iv)
an adult child of that person.
[13/99]
Disclosure by Director, medical practitioner and recipient of information
25A.
—(1)  The Director may disclose any information relating to any person whom he reasonably believes to be infected with AIDS or HIV Infection to —
(a)
any medical practitioner or other health staff who has been exposed to a risk of infection from AIDS or HIV Infection; or
(b)
any first responder who has experienced a significant exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials of any patient.
[13/99]
(2)  In subsection (1), “first responder” means any police officer, member of the Singapore Civil Defence Force or any person who provides emergency response, first aid care or other medically related assistance either in the course of the person’s occupational duties or as a volunteer.
[13/99]
(3)  Subject to subsection (4), a medical practitioner may disclose information relating to any person whom he reasonably believes to be infected with AIDS or HIV Infection to the spouse, former spouse or other contact of the infected person or to a Health Officer for the purpose of making the disclosure to the spouse, former spouse or other contact.
[13/99]
(4)  The medical practitioner shall not disclose any information under subsection (3) unless —
(a)
he reasonably believes that it is medically appropriate and that there is a significant risk of infection to the spouse, former spouse or other contact;
(b)
he has counselled the infected person regarding the need to notify the spouse, former spouse or other contact and he reasonably believes that the infected person will not inform the spouse, former spouse or other contact; and
(c)
he has informed the infected person of his intent to make such disclosure to the spouse, former spouse or other contact.
[13/99]
(5)  Where the medical practitioner is unable, by any reasonable means, to counsel or inform the infected person, he may apply to the Director to waive the requirements of subsection (4)(b) or (c) or both.
[13/99]
(6)  The Director may approve the application made under subsection (5) if, in the opinion of the Director, it is medically appropriate to disclose the information and that there is a significant risk of infection to the spouse, former spouse or other contact.
[13/99]
(7)  No person, to whom any information relating to a person who is reasonably believed to be infected with AIDS or HIV Infection has been disclosed under this section, shall disclose such information to any person other than the persons specified in subsection (8) or as provided in subsection (10).
[13/99]
(8)  The persons referred to in subsection (7) are —
(a)
the infected person himself;
(b)
a person who is authorised under section 25(1)(a) to consent to such disclosure; and
(c)
any person who is authorised to disclose such information under subsection (1), (3) or (6) or section 25(1).
[13/99]
(9)  Any person who contravenes subsection (7) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or to both.
[13/99]
(10)  A person, to whom any information relating to a person who is reasonably believed to be infected with AIDS or HIV Infection has been disclosed under this section, may apply to the Director for approval to disclose such information to any person or class of persons.
[13/99]
(11)  The Director may approve the application under subsection (10) if he is satisfied that such disclosure is in the interests of public health or public safety.

Or put simply,

http://www.drtanandpartners.com/hiv-laws-in-singapore-disclosure-and-immigration/

2.       To protect the identify of people living with HIV

Law: The IDA specifies the conditions that allow persons, receiving information regarding a person living with HIV in the course of their duties under the Act, to divulge such information.
Comment: In other words, anyone who knows of someone’s HIV positive status can only let someone else know under very specific conditions. Namely, if the person to be informed is at risk of HIV. So if a counsellor knows of patient A’s HIV status, he can tell patient A’s surgeon as the surgeon has a right to know to protect himself. In other words, divulging a person’s HIV positive status without a proper reason specified by the IDA is an offence.

Law: The IDA specifies the conditions that allow medical practitioners to divulge information regarding an infected person living with HIV to persons who are at risk of being infected by the patient.
Comment: So even if a doctor knows a person has HIV, he/she cannot go around telling everyone. He/She however is allowed to let people whom are deemed at risk to know. E.g. spouses, sexual partners, fellow doctors taking care of the patient etc. Telling anyone else is an offence.

Law: The IDA prohibits the recipient of information regarding a person living with HIV to disclose such information unless with the approval of the Director of Medical Services.
Comment: In other words anyone who knows of a person’s HIV status cannot go around babbling it to everyone.

1 hour ago, Glyph said:

Law: The IDA specifies the conditions that allow medical practitioners to divulge information regarding an infected person living with HIV to persons who are at risk of being infected by the patient.
Comment: So even if a doctor knows a person has HIV, he/she cannot go around telling everyone. He/She however is allowed to let people whom are deemed at risk to know. E.g. spouses, sexual partners, fellow doctors taking care of the patient etc. Telling anyone else is an offence.

Law: The IDA prohibits the recipient of information regarding a person living with HIV to disclose such information unless with the approval of the Director of Medical Services.
Comment: In other words anyone who knows of a person’s HIV status cannot go around babbling it to everyone.

A yes to the thread's question.. 

1 hour ago, dreamerboy said:

In Singapore if someone is being tested with HIV positive. The details of the person MUST be taken down and submit to the ministry of health.

Doctors only can keep the information to themselves... yes this apply to every other sickness too (high blood pressure) not only to hiv.

In addition I will never talk to people about the health states in public as this is ethically wrong.

Do I have friend that are HIV (+)?

My answer:Yes

Will I go around and tell people and unmask them?

My answer:No

My question to everyone.

Your own daughter is dating a bf and somehow you know this guy is HIV (+) due to you are the doctors or the pastor handing his case. 

What will u do? 

Edited by Kingfisher09

For me... I feel that we (gay/bi) are already finding hard to be accepted by the Singapore community.

How will the (gay/bi) who are having HIV (+) felt?  Rejected by their PLU Community.

I feel is not about how we should unmarked them or not. But it is about accepting them and trusting them they will be open and informing us about their hiv states. 

If we are just friends. I feel it is OK if my friend hide the secret from me. As it is not as if I am going to have sex with him.

BUT if we are going to have sexual relationship. I hope that guy will be the one telling me the truth.

(Let change the story abit)

Imagine you are meeting your normal male friend/classmate. 

How will you feel if one day. Tat friend of yours was educated by "some cb" tat you are GAY? 

How will you feel? 

Guest Glyph
1 hour ago, dreamerboy said:

I guess it's safe to assume that a date is a sexual partner in our community. So, ethically (and lawfully), yes. A person dating one who is HIV-positive has the right to know. The moral question here is who should be the one telling. As cliche as it sounds, it depends on the situation. Or rather, the primary concern of how well one knows the person with HIV.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, Kingfisher09 said:

In Singapore if someone is being tested with HIV positive. The details of the person MUST be taken down and submit to the ministry of health.

Doctors only can keep the information to themselves... yes this apply to every other sickness too (high blood pressure) not only to hiv.

In addition I will never talk to people about the health states in public as this is ethically wrong.

Do I have friend that are HIV (+)?

My answer:Yes

Will I go around and tell people and unmask them?

My answer:No

My question to everyone.

Your own daughter is dating a bf and somehow you know this guy is HIV (+) due to you are the doctors or the pastor handing his case. 

What will u do? 

high blood pressure? isn't that somewhat very common? diabetes maybe maybe not...

I like glyphs post, but to quote it and say I LIKE THIS POST is a bit much :)

• Guest locked this topic