Male HQ

黃鶯鶯榮獲第27屆金曲獎 ~ 特 別 貢 獻 獎

Guest AH HUANG

Guest Guest

Attended her 2 nights elaborate Taipei  concerts recently , a few  years ago around Taiwan for the 4 nights concerts and the Singapore one  plus SG 50 concert at sports hub ! 

Amazing singer who hardly promote her albums (Mandarin ,English, Cantonese)   aggresively  compared to the other singers  then yet well received and well liked by her Hong Kong , Taiwan , Singapore , other parts of Asia and  US fans !

Looking at the previous award winners for this category , they rarely present it to singers , usually to producers  or musicians who contribute much to the Chinese music scene . 

Not 70 yet. She's born in august 1951, now 64yo.

黄莺莺英文名:Tracy Huang,1951年8月29日),台湾著名女歌手,祖籍广东,出生于宜兰县礁溪乡,孕育在莺歌,故取名“莺莺”。国小毕业于“中和国民小学”。初中毕业于(旧制)复兴美术工艺职业学校初级部。后考入中国文化学院五年制专修音乐舞蹈科。在学院期间与文化大学部的“Down Beats”热门音乐合唱团,经常非正式在学校活动中,参与演出而受到学校注目,继而以其西洋流行歌曲,获得当时台湾颇具知名度的“Thunderbird雷鸟合唱团”青睐,正式邀请黄莺莺加入“雷鸟”,开始其学生演唱生涯。离开学校,与Action“爱克逊”热门音乐合唱团女主唱苏芮结为好友,两人并同时与台中清泉岗(CCK)美军俱乐部演唱签下两年演唱合约。这两年时间使得黄莺莺的英文歌曲奠定稳固的基础。70年代,受邀赴新加坡演唱。婚后,加盟EMI Singapore,取艺名为Tracy Huang,黄露仪。成长于台湾,成名于新加坡,走红于华人唱片界,现定居于新加坡。

黄莺莺与台湾唱片工业起飞有同步深耕的轨迹,她以西洋音乐建构的根底投入国内音乐工业,以中英文双声打下音乐疆域。之后更以独立制作形式主导专辑内容,不断跳脱传统,尝试新曲风及新元素引领潮流,开启新古典乐风,甚至电气迷幻音乐潮流,深具启发实验意味。

But wiki and baidu...no info on her marriage and husband in spore....guess she's private about this.

Edited by nixorn

Guest AH HUANG
28 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Omg, isn't she almost 70 by now? I remember listening to her songs when I was a kid and I'm already an uncle.

She's 64 this year. Still as beautiful :)

Guest AH HUANG
10 minutes ago, nixorn said:

But wiki and baidu...no info on her marriage and husband in spore....guess she's private about this.

She's very low profile since her early days. Can only interview or report regarding her music and NOT her personal life. She once mentioned her music belongs to everyone, her personal life belongs to herself. Never an attention seeker or drama queen!

Tracy came into the scene in 1970s.  Like Julie Su Rei and Billie Wang, she sang in the American clubs before becoming a recording artist.  Unlike the other two, she was much "girly" *淑女“ and her interpretations of ballads were top-notch.

When EMI released her 70s in the early 90s, I snapped up the entire collection of the covered versions ...from Feelings 头Kiss me goodbye to Sometime when we touch.  Really she was Barbara Streisand and Olivia-Newton John of Taiwan.  

Congrats she deserve this award. 当自无愧,,APPLAUSE..

She is married to a sgrean. A 2nd marriage for her hubby. He has at least one daughter whos around mid 40s now.

A peranakan. Rich as usual.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Omg, isn't she almost 70 by now? I remember listening to her songs when I was a kid and I'm already an uncle.

Many of her older fans still stuck with her late 70's and early eighties music but actually she has collaborated with much younger musicians  for her late eighties and nineties songs , many fans could not follow  through , she is the only established and popular artiste at that time to try new stuff and yet be successful and introducing a new breed of younger musicians  and new music to the Chinese music scene , there are other established Hong Kong and Taiwanese singers tried the same method thereafter but all are unable to break through with good results . It took almost a decade thereafter that different forms of Chinese pop songs are being heard by other established singers . 

Guest AH HUANG
5 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Many of her older fans still stuck with her late 70's and early eighties music but actually she has collaborated with much younger musicians  for her late eighties and nineties songs , many fans could not follow  through , she is the only established and popular artiste at that time to try new stuff and yet be successful and introducing a new breed of younger musicians  and new music to the Chinese music scene , there are other established Hong Kong and Taiwanese singers tried the same method thereafter but all are unable to break through with good results . It took almost a decade thereafter that different forms of Chinese pop songs are being heard by other established singers . 

Her 哭 砂 recorded in 1990 still very popular till these days. Many artistes tried releasing an English album, I shall said ALL FAILED!

Guest Guest
32 minutes ago, fab said:

She is married to a sgrean. A 2nd marriage for her hubby. He has at least one daughter whos around mid 40s now.

A peranakan. Rich as usual.

A few years back , one guy on the web noted that back then , he once dated her step daughter , went to the girl's place with a group of friends , to his surprise and pleasant  discovery  that Tracy was playing computer game in the hall and commented if he is slightly older , he would probably date Tracy instead . Lol 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest AH HUANG said:

She's very low profile since her early days. Can only interview or report regarding her music and NOT her personal life. She once mentioned her music belongs to everyone, her personal life belongs to herself. Never an attention seeker or drama queen!

That makes her so unique and unusual to be still as popular and relevant , many artistes  needed a lot of side news to make themselves well known till these days .....

Guest Guest

Her last year's well received grand and elaborate concert in Taipei consists of two big

orchestral bands on both sides of stage , 10 male models , dozen of dancers , four well known chorus singers . As she has worked with several established international record companies such as EMI , Warners , Polygram , Universal , to get copyrights to make a DVD copy of her concert seemed impossible . That  is probably her fans and music lovers wishes to own one copy ...for the time being , just watch clips of it on you tube . Being  one of the earliest gay icon in the  Chinese music scene , she dedicated a 20 minute song segment to her many gay fans . A mei loves her by attending her concerts  faithfully and inviting Tracy on one of her Singapore concert , it's little wonder A mei's music is also well received amongst the gays thereafter . But I guess A mei knew who is the true diva in  Chinese music scene though .

Guest Guest
30 minutes ago, Guest AH HUANG said:

I was there as a fan but what surprises me and caught me off guarded is the audience actually sat up and spontaneously turn on their mobile phone lights without being told when she sang as if this is her personal concert , very touching and a pleasant reaction from the audience of all ages !!

Guest Guest
14 minutes ago, hairy springroll said:

I would  rank her top 3 diva of chinese  songstress 

with Teresa  teng and 凤飞飞

天籁之音黄莺岀谷

Yes , Teresa is the very Classical Chinese type , Fong will be the Chinese pop diva and Tracy will be the East meets West type of music diva ! 

Guest AH HUANG

A mei, Sally Yeh, Sandy Lam, Onion.. ... are also her die hard fans. Faye Wong also sang one of her song 花 言 巧 語 during one of her concert.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest AH HUANG said:

A mei, Sally Yeh, Sandy Lam, Onion.. ... are also her die hard fans. Faye Wong also sang one of her song 花 言 巧 語 during one of her concert.

True , Faye Wong usually will not sing other's hit unless she likes the simger's song very much . Sally has declared many times that she likes Tracy too and asked her record company to get Tracy's songs  and translate into Cantonese version to sing in HK , she once duet with Tracy on a music programme , can sense her excitement and she lost her way exiting exiting stage , lol . As for Sandy , she learnt of local English music composition through Tracy's song and get to know Dick Lee and that's how Dick Lee consider both as his favorite singers in Asia . That's just part of the influence of Tracy's song in the music industry . 

She used to known as 黄露仪 after joining EMI in Singapore. She had a more soothing and healing voice as compared to other singers in that era.

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Xxx said:

She used to known as 黄露仪 after joining EMI in Singapore. She had a more soothing and healing voice as compared to other singers in that era.

Other singers in that era usually need to sing forcefully . Her style is more to the modern western music , infact , in one of her  MTV interview , she shared that most Asian singers are unaware of the knowledge of modern western music then , she was being brought into American club to sing in English during her early days and that she uses the technique to perform in her Mandarin songs , that's how she has an equal share of both Chinese and English educated fans and being relevant till today . 

Guest Guest
12 hours ago, Guest AH HUANG said:

Her 哭 砂 recorded in 1990 still very popular till these days. Many artistes tried releasing an English album, I shall said ALL FAILED!

Yes , that makes Tracy the only successful Chinese singer to have many English albums released and sold well after her award winning and record breaking sales figure for the

'Feelings'  English album in Hong Kong ! It's a remarkable achievement for a singer  considering that she is not an American born Chinese  , unlike the many Asian singers that had studied, lived or being borned there these days . 

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, Rayer said:

Yup I like her songs 春光, 花言巧语, 生活就是那么容易

Watch the MTV's , 春光 - Spring MTV was nominated for an award then , it was banned here for a while until my friend called the record company and teach them how to write and appeal to MDA and interpret it in a different angle or version , the ban was lifted thereafter . 

A HK DJ commented recently he was looking forward to interviewing  her during Crazy for love - 為愛瘋狂 album promo many years ago , however the promo was cancelled in HK ,  it was a missed opportunity and regret for him as a DJ . He commented the album was way in advance for the Chinese music scene .

Actually I find that most of her side tracks could have easily been a hit for other singers , that's how some singers always commented often why did Tracy always get to have the best composition from the musicians . Lol

Guest Guest

I still get goosebumps listening to 《葬心》. Older stuff in 70s and 80s was mainly cover versions plus I was only a kid, but the originals during the 90s were pretty good, even though she no longer made as many records then.

Guest Guest
9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I still get goosebumps listening to 《葬心》. Older stuff in 70s and 80s was mainly cover versions plus I was only a kid, but the originals during the 90s were pretty good, even though she no longer made as many records then.

It was reported that Jackie Chan , one of the investor of the film , insisted on Tracy singing the theme song , although Anita Mui wanted the role and song very much .

This song won another award for Tracy in Hong Kong , it is ironic that although Tracy seems to promote the least in HK , yet Hong Kong has given her numerous credit awards ! 

In Kanxi talk show , she show her talent in singing the song as if recorded  in a different era through a different method .

Guest AH HUANG
21 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

It was reported that Jackie Chan , one of the investor of the film , insisted on Tracy singing the theme song , although Anita Mui wanted the role and song very much .

This song won another award for Tracy in Hong Kong , it is ironic that although Tracy seems to promote the least in HK , yet Hong Kong has given her numerous credit awards ! 

In Kanxi talk show , she show her talent in singing the song as if recorded  in a different era through a different method .

Tracy imitated the singing style of the 30s.

On 5/29/2016 at 3:22 PM, Guest Guest said:

I heard a different version.  Anita Mui turned down the role because she was troubled by the 1989 June 4th Tian An Men Massacre.  She was actively against the communist's action on the students.  She refused to stay in China for the filming.  That is why, the role went on to Maggie Cheung who went on to win a slew of awards for the role.

The same went to Cecilia Yip Tong in "He Ping Fan Dian" which was first offered to Anita. Imagine Anita was her melancholic looks in both movies...double confirm sure can at least get nominated for Best Actress.  

Guest Guest
16 hours ago, abang said:

I heard a different version.  Anita Mui turned down the role because she was troubled by the 1989 June 4th Tian An Men Massacre.  She was actively against the communist's action on the students.  She refused to stay in China for the filming.  That is why, the role went on to Maggie Cheung who went on to win a slew of awards for the role.

The same went to Cecilia Yip Tong in "He Ping Fan Dian" which was first offered to Anita. Imagine Anita was her melancholic looks in both movies...double confirm sure can at least get nominated for Best Actress.  

But a few HK reported she was disappointed she did not get the role and song  that she searched for the next period drama that she acted and sang - The rouge (胭脂扣).

Guest Guest
22 hours ago, Guest AH HUANG said:

I also have ALL her albums!

Keep her albums and CD , three years ago , in a HK 2nd hand shop cd shop , her two copies of first pressing cd from Polygram Record were  being  sold at HKD 2700 ($S500+) per copy . The most expensive cd item at the shop then !

The rest of the singers first pressing or limited edition cd were being priced at below HKD $2000 . 

37 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

But a few HK reported she was disappointed she did not get the role and song  that she searched for the next period drama that she acted and sang - The rouge (胭脂扣).

Rogue was filmed in1988 while Maggie acted in Centre Stage (阮玲玉)in 1992.

So it was Rogue, Tian an men and then Centre Stage in that order.

Guest Guest

She sang so many beautiful songs. Try listening to these few, they soften your heart...

- 我曾爱过一个男孩

- 明瞭

- 约束

- 是否真爱我

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2016 at 8:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yaa.....time flies.  I was still in primary school playing marble and everyday reached home listening to her song while mom cooked my dinner.  Now......looking back at my journey, her songs brought back many fond days and makes me feel old and young at the same time.    She really maintain very well in looks.

Guest 僵尸脸
36 minutes ago, Guest Sigh said:

Yaa.....time flies.  I was still in primary school playing marble and everyday reached home listening to her song while mom cooked my dinner.  Now......looking back at my journey, her songs brought back many fond days and makes me feel old and young at the same time.    She really maintain very well in looks.

If you have the money to do plastic surgery, you can also "maintain" equally well if not better.  Her face looks......err..............

呈几何时, 黄莺莺就进入小男孩的心里。

在70年代的时候, 通讯还没发达, 听歌曲就要守候电台/丽的呼声了。

我在那个青葱年代也迷过他。。那时黄莺莺在电视台有个节目。。

后来有点钱就卖了她的卡带。。重复地听。

家里现在还有他的黑胶唱片。。。。

说到整容嘛。。她也算是鼻疽/先驱。

早在70年代, 悠久的历史呀。。。她的眼睛就与众不同了。。

如果你看70年代的女性/女艺人都有这样的眼睛。。。

现在, 看到她64岁了 还风韵犹存。。

I like...

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Guest 僵尸脸 said:

If you have the money to do plastic surgery, you can also "maintain" equally well if not better.  Her face looks......err..............

She is daring to to go for it in the early years , in fact I always commented on her bravery for her contribution to the beauty world too , way before it became common for many artistes these days . It's through people like her in the earlier decades that many burnt or disfigured victims have better and advanced treatment . Nowadays , the Korean artistes and others  are just doing it with advanced treatment .

She has certainly contributed much to the music industry ,beauty industry  and now the

animal welfare industry after her very touching speech at the award presentation  ceremony ! 

Guest Guest36

The wikipedia info is likely to be wrong. She is probably in her late 60s or early 70s. My parents remember clearly that she was hosting 'Shen Bao Zhi Ye' in SG in the late 60s. Don't think she can come to SG to be a TV prog host at the age of 18 (if she's really born in 1951). 

Guest AH HUANG

Tracy came to Singapore around 1976 after released of her first two albums 「云河」and「我心深处」in Taiwan.

The program she hosted was 「星光旋律」not「生宝之夜」.

• Guest locked this topic