Male HQ

How To Approach A Guy I Like?

I've notice a guy quite sometime , i guess he might be gay but not very sure , cause i try to add his wechat but he didn't accept my friend request .. 

We don't know each other so far , just want to make friend and know more about him but not for sex . So , do you guys have any idea that i can approach him ? Or i can just ask whether he is gay or not ? Is it rude to ask someone about their sexual orientation .. ?

• G_M changed the title to How To Approach A Guy I Like?
Guest Hot Swimmer

Just tell him you like him simple like that. If you look and feel troubled by you. You will know he is not gay.

Well its all about courage though. Just have a casual chat with him when you actually cross path with him, (in the lift, bus or etc). Sense his tone and proceed to ask more personal qns after you build a rapport with him. Is all about having the balls to do it though, its hard even for me at face lvl.

May I suggest that it is better for you to take things slow. Don't rush into things, the repercussions may be more than you can handle. If he is not gay or he rejects your advances, no big deal, but what happens if he starts to tell others about it, you may be alienated by others. Furthermore you will face each other daily.

Try using miss connections in BW or Trevvy first, if he is gay, most likely he will check out such websites. 

By taking things slow, Sometimes your own feelings of infatuation will for no reason die off over time too, also give you more time to know this person better. 

15 minutes ago, matthewlimcheehong said:

ZealousZeno ,

I think he is introvert as i stare at him , i can't even have time to respond then he look away .. 

Haha thats a challenge, introverts seldom kick start topics, for this u need to be initiative. Strike a hi-bye situation and progressively chat more as time pass. (You will know his interest in you by then)

I did agree with kenz on the risk if you go all out instantly so play it slow ~

Good luck, waiting around ain't gonna get ya anywhere.

Most common solutions proposed on this forum so far is to start the ball rolling by talking to him as a friend, before moving on to talk about lgbt stuff like perhaps Pink Dot.

If he's receptive about these stuff, you have a good chance.

But if he's non-chalant or quite negative, it's better to stop at that.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Yeah it's better to start talking as friends first. You can start by asking a question regarding something you both have in common or something. Or start by acknowledging him like smiling at him and slowly build up your courage haha

Guest Advisor

Make casual conversation first for a kick start.

Ex:

I always see you around, you stay around here too?

Where are you from? I am from bla bla bla... (Remember to ask Question follow by an answer from yourself too.. Dont make him feel you are interrogating him..)

Try to find common interest.. Like asking what do u do (ex:Engineer)? Oh i have frens is an Engineer tooo... i heard the work is damn stress.. let him speak more... whatever bullshit also can.. then try to create conversation from what he say....

Dont ever mention anything bout gay or lgbt... 

This will come naturally if the two of you click...

I have few experience hitting on Guys im interested...  the result is always exciting...its like An Adventure and Exploring someone you dunno.... hehe....

On 5/28/2016 at 8:50 PM, matthewlimcheehong said:

I've notice a guy quite sometime , i guess he might be gay but not very sure , cause i try to add his wechat but he didn't accept my friend request .. 

We don't know each other so far , just want to make friend and know more about him but not for sex . So , do you guys have any idea that i can approach him ? Or i can just ask whether he is gay or not ? Is it rude to ask someone about their sexual orientation .. ?

Maybe u should try adding his wechat again, but without profile that stating its u. You can confess to him with the greeting text. See if you get a reply n his reaction.

10 hours ago, Carpenter said:

Is that it? Soo, u revealed yourself to him?

nope , he said he never see me before ... I affirm that he see me before , maybe im look difference with picture..

Edited by matthewlimcheehong

On 5/29/2016 at 0:49 PM, matthewlimcheehong said:

ZealousZeno ,

I think he is introvert as i stare at him , i can't even have time to respond then he look away .. 

Did you smile at him?  If he returned smile, it means he likes you, if he showed disgusted face than just forget it.

1 hour ago, Guest Yes said:

Did you smile at him?  If he returned smile, it means he likes you, if he showed disgusted face than just forget it.

Smile means being friendly, not liking people. I smile to elderly people when they walked past me doesnt mean i like them, that means im being polite.   

8 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Updates pls~~~~

Nothing news to update leh ...:frustrated:

6 hours ago, Guest Yes said:

Return smile may means nothing though..It's also a matter of courtesy ..

Guest 20 cents
19 hours ago, Carpenter said:

Smile means being friendly, not liking people. I smile to elderly people when they walked past me doesnt mean i like them, that means im being polite.   

There is a diffference between smiling to straight people and gay people.  In my years of experiences studying gay people,  if they don't like you, they rolled their eyes and walked away. You can ask around gay people, they are very sensitive to people they like and they don't.  If you are their type of guy, they will not bother a smile to give you false hope and misunderstood as liking.  If you are their type, they will smile and hope to get some form of hint.    For straight people, it is simply polite because you know straight people will not fall for gay people, so smiling is just a gesture and act of courtesy.

22 minutes ago, Guest 20 cents said:

There is a diffference between smiling to straight people and gay people.  In my years of experiences studying gay people,  if they don't like you, they rolled their eyes and walked away. You can ask around gay people, they are very sensitive to people they like and they don't.  If you are their type of guy, they will not bother a smile to give you false hope and misunderstood as liking.  If you are their type, they will smile and hope to get some form of hint.    For straight people, it is simply polite because you know straight people will not fall for gay people, so smiling is just a gesture and act of courtesy.

I disagree.

I will still smile to someone out of courtesy regardless if i wanna bed him.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

4 hours ago, Guest 20 cents said:

Ohhh, ive had people smiling to me from time to time, dont know if they are gay or not. N i also sometimes smile to people if im in good mood dont matter who they r. The thing is, they are individuals with different traits. Thats like making gay another species that exist. That means you r categorizing it into the same trait like you would when being ask about the stereotypical gays. Im sure some people just had a misfortune of meeting someone that would rolled their eyes to show disinterest. Do you do that rolling eyes yourself? 

On Thursday, June 09, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Carpenter said:

Any update?

Hmm...He never initiate any conversation since he adding me as friend . But this monday night , i just update wechat profile picture , he text me initiately "why am i change so ugly picture(with a joking tone)?" on the next morning .Then blah blah blah , and he start to ask me where i met him , how i will noticed him etc.

But i still in doubt as he won't text me initiately(except that day he ask me about my profile picture) even with a morning greeting , i'm always the one to start the conversation ....

I think he is gay as it is can revealed from some point , but not sure whether he is interest in me or not? :frustrated: 

I joked w my friends if they put up strange or ugly photos too, ie very normal to me

but if he moved on to ask how u notice him, it means that he s really thinking about this

what is wrong w u starting the conv? being proactive
if u wanna it , u hve to be proactive and do your homework

and u r young

I m old, I hve no energy to do that anymore
to woo, I mean
I advertised myself cheaply and no1 bothers

Not sure anyone ans :your qn on whether ok to ask his orientation

pls wait till u r more or less confirmed - he is a gay then u can approach

by the way, a straight men will not out of nowhere ask to get to know another straight men, no way, Never!

joining or get to know other gd players for their basketball-hangouts - yes possible definitely!
but not those situations
by now, he should know why do u need his no. ?

Knowing doesn't mean Must respond

Many told me that they nailed an interview, when the panel appeared interested and smiling to u that doesn't mean they are going to offer u
however , luv is magical, hence do not use the yardstick of a professional wkplace as a love scenario, it s just for reference

You know, how long have you been doing this morning greeting. I say keep this up, so he will notice. But once he does, drop it. Dont send out greetings for a while. you can be active at the start but also need to know what he think of you, thats why you need him to start the convo first. Well, if that didnt work out n he didnt even notice i say he just didnt thinking that far about u n presumably dont have anything to say.

13 hours ago, Carpenter said:

You know, how long have you been doing this morning greeting. I say keep this up, so he will notice. But once he does, drop it. Dont send out greetings for a while. you can be active at the start but also need to know what he think of you, thats why you need him to start the convo first. Well, if that didnt work out n he didnt even notice i say he just didnt thinking that far about u n presumably dont have anything to say.

I sent him morning greeting this morning but no reply , will he think im annoying if i keep doing this ?

You think about it, if a guy u like suddenly text you, you will be excited and will at least reply something back to keep the conversation going de, you will not keep quiet de, Just take it easy ba.

1 hour ago, matthewlimcheehong said:

I sent him morning greeting this morning but no reply , will he think im annoying if i keep doing this ?

Yes, I will be annoyed

if after 3 times, I still hve not reply, I m really annoyed

Sorry , but that s the truth

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well , here's the outcome ..

He claimed that he is straight , but he don't mind to friend with a LGBT . Few minutes later text me again "don't wait for me , move on and look for another one , we can just be friend ."

Hurt + warm + ultimately hurt .

But it's ok , this is the way i chose , won't regret to make this decision .

-THE END-

4 minutes ago, matthewlimcheehong said:

He claimed that he is straight , but he don't mind to friend with a LGBT . Few minutes later text me again "don't wait for me , move on and look for another one , we can just be friend ."

-THE END-

At least got conclusion. Go taboo and know more gays la, at least you don't have to waste so much time confirming if he's gay or straight.

Most guys on the streets are straight anyway.

8 hours ago, matthewlimcheehong said:

-THE END-

Oh well just remain as friends better than nothing (hope he is sincere when he said don't mind to friend a LGBT)

All is not lost, Remember this valuable lesson so that next time you know if a guy is really interested in you. 

In due time your feelings will fade for him too, there will be more people out there for you to make the special connection. Jiayou and cheer up :)

Just to add on.

Even if the guy is gay, it doesn't mean he must reciprocate the feeling of the admirer.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• Guest locked this topic