Male HQ

Moodswings (looking for uncle agony?)

Rauls

hey

i hope this doesn't come out as being attention seeking because i am not. it's just that i have been feeling weird lately and i think i might need help. and i guess i chose this platform because people here are more genuine and less judgemental? 

i would describe myself as someone who is happy go lucky and not let anything bother me. but for the past few weeks, i feel horrible. it's almost hard to describe but one moment i am perfectly normal, and in the other i feel horrible and stressed and sad. 

these moodswings are affecting me and i am aware of how it affects others. i started to hate on people (colleagues mostly) and being very hypocritical. i used to blog happy things, but all i write now are like sad things. actually, i don't even write now; i don't even have the feel. i have become really sensitive. sometimes i starve myself, sometimes i don't but there are times i binge eat. i am laughing lesser and i have become really two-faced. i feel bad. and i feel bad for feeling bad. 

i am aware of these changes. and i am more than aware that i am not suicidal. i tried making myself feel better by doing something i like, like reading and gaming and watch more movies. and i swear nothing i working. i tried reading motivational quotes and also to no avail. 

nothing is wrong in my family. i have a small family, pa, ma and i. we are ok. and nothing happened at work. 

i refused to tell anyone verbally. and i refuse to think i have depression. but i just dk what is happening.

i have heard (from anna akana on her video confession on how she is on anti-depressants) that anti-depressants work, but i worry it's a temporary thing. any thoughts? 

p.s i have been doing tarot reading for ppl. does it like affect me? 

Edited by Rauls

I've gone through that feelings and still is sometimes comes back all of sudden. Today's we live in a such hostile and competitive environment due to over populated planet and all the negativities around us especially in human's behaviors along with affects of social media these days, most of not only value you as a human being if you got something they wanted. As the results people are getting angry, frustrated, depressed, loneliness, environment where you live also food you eat nowadays grown on hormones, herbicides and pesticides, that's can affect our health and well being in the long run. 

I don't recommend anti depressant drug (I tried it once but did not work) it will only cause drug dependency so I stopped. What I currently do now you also can do is focus on positive things whilst enjoy your life to the fullest such as do what you like doing in life to make you happier and forget those negativity, I know It's not easy to overcome it as the negativity pulls are just everywhere but at least you try with a strong will. And try to seek guidance/pray if you are religious. Hope this gives you strength to overcome life's problems.

Dear Rauls,

We are not medically trained so do excercise discretion with our advice and suggestions.

Not too sure how old are you even. Could be normal teenager puberty hormonal changes? Are you taking any illegal substances? 

But from what you are sharing with us, Definitely there seems to be a problem. 

Don't take such symptoms lightly and brush it aside. There could be under lying issues even though the symptoms come and go periodically.

Try to google "Bipolar symptoms" and see if it fits what you are feeling, however you have to take note that many mental disorders have similar symptoms. 

May I suggest you make a appointment with your doctor or even with IMH for outpatient consultation. They will be able to advise you better. All the best.

i agree with aberrant, seek some help. Sometimes a call to the hotline and chat will help a lot. It may not provide long term solution, but at least it gives you some relief and you can get back to normal living.

Take small steps, 1 thing at a time.

I've had episodes and bouts of mood swings myself quite awhile back

Maybe it could be due to a form of yearning for an inspiration in your life?

If you are eventually diagnosed with depression or other sorts of mental ailments,

I guess the first step to defeat it is acknowledge that your condition is real,

accept that it happens to people including you, try to understand it, and kick ass :D

Hi Raouls, maybe u might wanna stop your tarot reading.. According to some of pros who do it, it tends to drain their energy level.. 

Then for time being maybe u might want to consider a short getaway over the weekend.. Or maybe a holiday trip :) 

do the things that sparks happiness even only small n little thing like eating ice cream, etc. Slowly accumulate back your positive energy. 

I hope this helps.

cheers! ;) 

Guest Guest

Sounds more like a middle age crisis actually, whereby you suddenly woke up one day and you realised that a large part of your life has flown past you, but you still have not accomplished much in life yet, and then you start getting worried subconsciously and start having all these mood swings all over the place..

Guest Doc Advice
19 hours ago, Rauls said:

hey

i hope this doesn't come out as being attention seeking because i am not. it's just that i have been feeling weird lately and i think i might need help. and i guess i chose this platform because people here are more genuine and less judgemental? 

i would describe myself as someone who is happy go lucky and not let anything bother me. but for the past few weeks, i feel horrible. it's almost hard to describe but one moment i am perfectly normal, and in the other i feel horrible and stressed and sad. 

these moodswings are affecting me and i am aware of how it affects others. i started to hate on people (colleagues mostly) and being very hypocritical. i used to blog happy things, but all i write now are like sad things. actually, i don't even write now; i don't even have the feel. i have become really sensitive. sometimes i starve myself, sometimes i don't but there are times i binge eat. i am laughing lesser and i have become really two-faced. i feel bad. and i feel bad for feeling bad. 

i am aware of these changes. and i am more than aware that i am not suicidal. i tried making myself feel better by doing something i like, like reading and gaming and watch more movies. and i swear nothing i working. i tried reading motivational quotes and also to no avail. 

nothing is wrong in my family. i have a small family, pa, ma and i. we are ok. and nothing happened at work. 

i refused to tell anyone verbally. and i refuse to think i have depression. but i just dk what is happening.

i have heard (from anna akana on her video confession on how she is on anti-depressants) that anti-depressants work, but i worry it's a temporary thing. any thoughts? 

p.s i have been doing tarot reading for ppl. does it like affect me? 

See No 3.  Go check if you've No 5 too.

early-menopause-information.png

Guest counselling also no use

went to a counsellor before; didn't work out for me

the counsellor said it was damn hard to read me

Seems like the OP is feeling troubled about his own moods & feelings. Maybe talking to a counsellor might help?

You can:

1) Talk to a trained volunteer para-counsellor anonymously (by Whatsapp, Hotline or Email)

2) Make an appointment to see a qualified professional  counsellor

Details in our footer below. Meanwhile, take care!

Oogachaga

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

• 2 months later...
Guest mid age

Also happening to me, I guess as we grow older and have more responsibilities, we get stressed and depressed and we are aware that we are going to lose our loved ones one day and our own death is imminent. I suggest you take a break from work, go holiday, try to make more friends, or play games like me to distract myself from negative thoughts.

It sounds like you are suffering from depression, which is quite common, especially amongst gay men.

It is a problem that can either go away if it is mild, or become more serious if left untreated. I would recommend counseling with someone who understands gay issues. Try Oogachaga (www.oogachaga.com)

Whatever you decide, just realize that you are not alone with this problem. See video below.

• Guest locked this topic