Male HQ

Singapore Airlines Promo

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hello

Anyone experienced with buying Singapore Airlines promotions (2 way tickets) but only using the first leg and forfeiting the 2nd leg? Will they actually fine you for doing so, since the 2 way promotion is actually cheaper than a 1 way ticket?

Guest VisaMatters

I got the email notification about the sale too. :D

Why would you forfeiting the second leg? Planning to stay illegally in a country or what? You don't have to fly the second leg.

Airliners only concern is you have a visa to enter a country or allowed to enter a country under visa waiver program, Singapore passport is up there in the ranking for this.

Guest No-Show

No-Show Fee for SQ Economy Super deals - ticket is forfeited.

As long as you fly the first leg, then you don't have to fly the second just don't do No-Show.

Guest V&K_No_Fee

Economy Super Deals booking class V, K, ticket is forfeited Show or No-Show.

Y, B, E - No-Show fee will be charged

M, H, W - No-Show fee will be charged

Q, N  - No-Show fee will be charged

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest V&K_No_Fee said:

Economy Super Deals booking class V, K, ticket is forfeited Show or No-Show.

Y, B, E - No-Show fee will be charged

M, H, W - No-Show fee will be charged

Q, N  - No-Show fee will be charged

Are we able to find out the booking class before actually buying the ticket? I don't see where it is. Thanks a million!

Guest GoodDeeds
12 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Are we able to find out the booking class before actually buying the ticket? I don't see where it is. Thanks a million!

Don't be lazy lah these days everything can be search online by using the right key word, anyway to earns my good deeds by helping others, here's http://www.singaporeair.com/images/local/au/melbourne/trade/jul15/TN04_15 - Updated Singapore Airlines Change Fee_Cancellation Penalty_No-Show Fee - eff 11Jul15.pdf

Guest CConFile
29 minutes ago, dexter9898 said:

How are they going to penalise you if u did not show up for the second leg of the flight.

My guess is that the no show fee is more for refund purposes, such as refund of airport taxes.

The credit card you used to purchase the ticket is attached in the reservation system

15 minutes ago, Guest CConFile said:

The credit card you used to purchase the ticket is attached in the reservation system

Wouldn't that be an unauthorized transaction if they do charge u through your credit card online without your permission? 

Atmost just inform the airline earlier that you won't be flying the second leg of the flight. 

Edited by dexter9898

If you inform the airlines before your ex-SIN flight, they would utter nonsense saying that it is 'illegal' and would advice you to purchase new one way ticket. 

The appropriate measure would be to call the airlines to cancel your return  flight reservation after you have arrived at your destination, anytime before the departure date.

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

Guest ChargeBack
16 minutes ago, dexter9898 said:

Wouldn't that be an unauthorized transaction if they do charge u through your credit card online without your permission? 

Atmost just inform the airline earlier that you won't be flying the second leg of the flight. 

The fees are in the terms and conditions that is so convulated and contains ambiguous wordings,they can charge fees based on booking class tickets.
If you can‘t accept the charges, you can file a chargeback as CCs have a consumer protection that usually sided to the card holders. I once disputed the charge with my CC issuer and refunded, SQ did nothing.

Guest Guest
15 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Stupid promotion:frustrated:

You are the one who is stupid ! In this world , all promotions comes with conditions , rules and regulations attached ! It's no wonder the people's IQ here is at No. 5 after the other Asia countries ! 

Never a supporter of SIA but if u r unclear, I think is better to call or go directly to their office, speak to them and make sure u get the name of the person u spoke to, extremely important...recently I had a luthansa flight for sin-fra-bcn, they told me if I forfeit my fra-bcn sector, the whole return ticket will be considered forfeited, so ya always got to be 100% sure especially when u r talking about promo fares :frustrated:

Econony Super Saver Deal - V/K class 

Ticket will just be forfeited if you never fly the 2nd leg. They won't charge you a no show fee like all other economy class ticket which can be rebook. There are 2 type of Super saver deal ticket which is one to go or 2 to go... for 2 to go, make sure both pax will be able to fly together and not seperate from the original itinerary...if not both ticket will be invalid... You will have to pay more if you decide to split the booking or to travel seperately in which both ticket will have to upsell to flexi fare and it is not worth it. Make sure your travel date are firm and no changes at all. if not, i would advice you to choose econ saver in which there will be a rebooking fee of usd50 everytime you change or you can take econ flexi fare where changes is usd20 for every transaction. Hope this help...

• Guest locked this topic